PDA

View Full Version : BBC Sportsound (again)

Emerald
29-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Did anyone else listen to BBC Sportsound on the way home from the game? It was 30 minutes of discussion on the St Johnstone v Dundee Utd game and virtually nothing else. They argued like drunks in a pub about why Dundee Utd had made 8 changes and it went on all the way from we got in the car until we got home. No other games mentioned. What lot of total junk. :grr:

brog
29-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Did anyone else listen to BBC Sportsound on the way home from the game? It was 30 minutes of discussion on the St Johnstone v Dundee Utd game and virtually nothing else. They argued like drunks in a pub about why Dundee Utd had made 8 changes and it went on all the way from we got in the car until we got home. No other games mentioned. What lot of total junk. :grr:

Yep, I'm sitting in London delighted with result & wanting some details about our win. As you say, a bunch of havering old slavers talking Tom Kite for what seemed like hours.

Mikey
29-12-2013, 07:54 PM

I got a bit fed up with it too. I wanted to hear the other scores but couldn't check them until I got home.

TheReg!
29-12-2013, 07:56 PM

Same here mate, I was screaming at the radio WTF!!! Everyone wanted to have the last word, shouting over each other like bairns, pathetic!

theonlywayisup
29-12-2013, 07:59 PM

Exactly, my thoughts.

Fancy complaining to the BBC, actually.

Hedlund12
29-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Glad to hear it wasn't only me shouting at the radio.... what makes this posse of pundits think they have the right to an explanation from Jackie McNamara on why he made 8 changes!!!!

Bunch of twats really got on my nerves.. I'd been in the Hibs shop and was later getting into the car - I thought we'd missed the post match interview with Butcher - I'm assuming there wasn't one then?

Chuck Rhoades
29-12-2013, 08:12 PM
It was embarrassing!! So cringeworthy.

Turned it over and missed TB's interview.

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2013, 08:16 PM
where is Craig Paterson nowadays ? he used to get the gig now and then at ER, wtf they give the gig tae that squeeky-voiced rotund yamboid is beyond me

Sir David Gray
29-12-2013, 08:21 PM
It was a very amateurish show.

As you say, they must have spent at least 20 minutes arguing about nothing other than Jackie McNamara making eight changes to his side for today's match and whether he was right or wrong to do that.

Terry Butcher's interview was treated as an irrelevance as they quickly skimmed over it and went back to talking about the Sportsound team of the year.

Utter garbage.

Seveno
29-12-2013, 08:24 PM
A debate is one thing but a bunce of clowns shouting at each other for 10 minutes is disgraceful on publicly funded radio. I intend complaining to the BBC and urge everyone else to do so as well.

Onceinawhile
29-12-2013, 08:26 PM
It was minging. Preston just arguing to be contrary.

Hibercelona
29-12-2013, 08:27 PM
What really gets on my nerves is when they talk about a great oppurtunity in one of the games, but fail to mention the player, the team, or even the ******* game! :grr:

Not to mention the ear piercing CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCE! And the likes of Preston and Wee Fat Robbo sounding like they're getting off with themselves over the microphone.

LaMotta
29-12-2013, 08:28 PM
No one of them mentioned Williams as a potential Goalie in their team of the year :rolleyes:

Gatecrasher
29-12-2013, 08:30 PM

As you say, they must have spent at least 20 minutes arguing about nothing other than Jackie McNamara making eight changes to his side for today's match and whether he was right or wrong to do that.

Terry Butcher's interview was treated as an irrelevance as they quickly skimmed over it and went back to talking about the Sportsound team of the year.

Utter garbage.
How I felt as well, also their team of the year was turning out to be celtics starting 11 :rolleyes:, I stopped listening. How hard is it to do a half decent post game show FFS

Hibercelona
29-12-2013, 08:31 PM
No one of them mentioned Williams as a potential Goalie in their team of the year :rolleyes:

Noticed this as well. No mention of the defence who have conceeded the second least amount of goals this season next to Celtic. :rolleyes:

Emerald
29-12-2013, 08:31 PM

Utter garbage.

We got home during the team of the year at the bit where they were picking a goalkeeper. Every football fan that goes to the bother of turning out to support their team should at the very least expect to hear some sort of account of all of the games that went on that day from Sportsound. We heard nothing other than the Dundee Utd 8 changes spat and we drove from Easter Road to Penicuik. The Sportsound show is a very biased old pals act, not an informative view on Scottish football it's meant to be.

Ronniekirk
29-12-2013, 08:34 PM
And they still couldn't give you the factual reasons why the 8 changes were made But chick young canny finish one sentence so that's not surprising

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2013, 08:35 PM

i'm sure i heard one of them mention ben williams, then the talk swiftly turned back to the sellick keeper

Emerald
29-12-2013, 08:40 PM
To be fair it's great to come home from Easter Road and only have this to moan about. :greengrin

Seveno
29-12-2013, 08:40 PM
I have just submitted my complaint online - just type in Complaints in the search box. It took about 10 minutes.

It would be good if we could flood the BBC about these clowns.

Matt92
29-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Its when the morons sit during the actual match times slavering on about a whole load of ***** ranging from their jackets to hairstyles and other horrific bbc punter banter.

Down south they wouldn't be nearly as unprofessional/thick.

Aldo
29-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Noticed this as well. No mention of the defence who have conceeded the second least amount of goals this season next to Celtic. :rolleyes:

Tbh I don't give two hoots what that bunch of a holes have to say. We all know how good Williams has been and that's good enough for me.

tamig
29-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Its when the morons sit during the actual match times slavering on about a whole load of ***** ranging from their jackets to hairstyles and other horrific bbc punter banter.

Down south they wouldn't be nearly as unprofessional/thick.
They wouldn't get anywhere near 5 Live. A very poor bunch indeed.

greenlex
29-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Noticed this as well. No mention of the defence who have conceeded the second least amount of goals this season next to Celtic. :rolleyes:Inverness? 4 of them came in one game too.

Aldo
29-12-2013, 08:51 PM
I have just submitted my complaint online - just type in Complaints in the search box. It took about 10 minutes. It would be good if we could flood the BBC about these clowns.

Seveno - it'll make no difference. I stopped listening to that bunch of idiots nearly 2 years ago after Preston and others anti Hibs comments.

The producer said it was only 'banter' and that's what the show was all about.

He then went on to say he hoped I enjoyed the show and would continue to listen.

I hope you get a positive result mate but indontbexpect you will.

Golden Bear
29-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Apart from anything else, there is surely a conflict of interests in Preston's duel
role as a professional BBC pundit and a football agent.

Kaiserclem
29-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Complaint submitted, god I am getting an old bore lol terrible reporting and what a load of crap.

eastterrace
29-12-2013, 09:57 PM
why are we getting upset about not mentioning hibs let them talk about the other teams and we can just go about our businness starting with that mob on thursday as they have no chance of beating us and they know it , its a gimmie they will have a crap new year.

Saorsa
29-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Did anyone else listen to BBC Sportsound on the way home from the game? It was 30 minutes of discussion on the St Johnstone v Dundee Utd game and virtually nothing else. They argued like drunks in a pub about why Dundee Utd had made 8 changes and it went on all the way from we got in the car until we got home. No other games mentioned. What lot of total junk. :grr:How many times do we have these threads? Stop listening tae it? It's *****! Who cares? I was at a game today watching Hibs, a game that for the 1st time in a long time gave me a bit of hope. I coulnae give a toss if the clowns at the BBC or anywhere else give a **** about that or choose tae ignore it.

Emerald
29-12-2013, 10:22 PM
How many times do we have these threads? Stop listening tae it? It's *****! Who cares? I was at a game today watching Hibs, a game that for the 1st time in a long time gave me a bit of hope. I coulnae give a toss if the clowns at the BBC or anywhere else give a **** about that or choose tae ignore it.

Agree but the point is we go to the games but still want some reports on other games as well as ours. We pay for this **** so not listening is no the answer.

IWasThere2016
29-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Apart from anything else, there is surely a conflict of interests in Preston's duel
role as a professional BBC pundit and a football agent.

Is he registered? I was told he failed the exams a few times - so he may not be a fully fledged agent.

heretoday
29-12-2013, 10:44 PM
It worries me that the BBC thinks this sort of thing is acceptable in Scotland but not elsewhere. It is frankly insulting to suggest that we would rather listen to a bunch of morons bantering in a pub-type atmosphere than to an informative and professional sports show. Even Talk Sport respects its audience more than that.

Sumner
29-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Is he registered? I was told he failed the exams a few times - so he may not be a fully fledged agent.

... from what I heard he's a fully fledged Yam Fud

Seveno
29-12-2013, 11:23 PM
How many times do we have these threads? Stop listening tae it? It's *****! Who cares? I was at a game today watching Hibs, a game that for the 1st time in a long time gave me a bit of hope. I coulnae give a toss if the clowns at the BBC or anywhere else give a **** about that or choose tae ignore it.

I know what you mean but the fact is that we are paying for this dross. If we don't kick up a fuss then nothing will change.

Fan power beat the attempt by The Rangers to drop straight into the SPL.

lucky
29-12-2013, 11:48 PM
In the car after the game I was listening to the drivel from miller and Preston. It was a rabble, what happen to match reports and interviews. They talked about United making 8 changes for a good 20 mins then started arguing over their team of the year. When they got round to interviews from the other games they cut them short. That programme needs to change or it will die.

thebakerboy
29-12-2013, 11:51 PM
OK don't listen but where else are you supposed to get reports on the other matches when you are on your way home. These tubes are paid out of our license fee , so should be reporting on what they are paid for not having a stupid argument about a managers team selection for 20 minutes so this programme should be totally revamped and go back to reporting on all the football played as seen without favours being shown.