PDA

View Full Version : The Butcher Effect

Northernhibee
29-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Love the positivity creeping into every corner of what we do. Positive media coverage, positive interviews, positive play from confident players, positive results.

Right thoughts, right words, right action. Really excited for the future.

scuttle
29-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Love the positivity creeping into every corner of what we do. Positive media coverage, positive interviews, positive play from confident players, positive results.

Have to agree with you, I really enjoy listening to the man

HibsNutter
29-12-2013, 06:56 PM
We will fulfil our potential as a club under Butcher, I'm sure of it.

Emerald
29-12-2013, 06:58 PM

:aok: Agree 100%, what a difference.

Niffy
Tony "needs a haircut" Higgins mentioned Terry had brought in a psychologist to fix the players heids.

Sir David Gray
Today was my first visit to Easter Road since that horrible night back in October and I could see a big change in the mindset of the players.

Very positive in their play, looking to play the ball forward and to move forward with the ball as well.

Also liking how many balls we managed to get into the box as well.

Today was the first time I have actually enjoyed a visit to Easter Road for quite a considerable amount of time.

Northernhibee
29-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Tony "needs a haircut" Higgins mentioned Terry had brought in a psychologist to fix the players heids.

That's great to hear, proactive behaviour that will do long term good.

I even love the fish supper bonus. Better than our neighbours, all they get is a single fish.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-12-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm just happy with the positives from the corners we take !

Niffy
29-12-2013, 07:22 PM

I even love the fish supper bonus. Better than our neighbours, all they get is a single fish.

Ha ha, no that's just Gary Locke.

Dibben
29-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Better than our neighbours, all they get is a single fish.

To share between them?

Onion
29-12-2013, 07:29 PM

Definite improvement on Fenlon with the same players, but 2 Jan is huge for TB. Win it and the feel good will start returning to ER. Lose it and many will just say nothing's changed and stay away.

Purehibee_MYB
29-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Just a bonus that I can actually get excited when we get a corner!

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

MurrayfieldHibs
29-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Had a really good day today. Treated my brother to the Hibs Clubhouse. Had a splendid feed, comfy seat in the West Upper and a very good positive performance with three goals at home for the first time since......?

The tribute to David Paul was very well observed - well done to the Killie fans.

Just listening to TB in this interview and as usual he just says the right things. It is easy to believe that we are on the right road at long last
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/25545250

:tbgwa:

Emerald
29-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Definite improvement on Fenlon with the same players, but 2 Jan is huge for TB. Win it and the feel good will start returning to ER. Lose it and many will just say nothing's changed and stay away.

I agree with the first bit but I also think we can see beyond just the Hearts game. Agree that it would be a huge blow if we lost but the future is so much brighter than it was under the dire Fenlon.
But, we is gonna whoop their smelly butts on Thursday and nothing is gonna stop it :rockin::thumbsup:

hibsdaft
29-12-2013, 07:39 PM
the right man, at the right time.

jane_says
29-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Favourite moment from today was Lewis's shot in the 2nd half that flew wide, a strange one maybe but what I loved most was that when Collins had the ball just inside our half, we had Cairney, Robertson and Stevenson absolutely bursting a gut to get out of their own half and support the strikers. The desire in this team is night and day and even though it didn't end in a goal I think the crowd recognised the efforts and rightly applauded.

judas
29-12-2013, 08:03 PM
To share between them?

He he he :LOL:

Puddocky
29-12-2013, 10:01 PM

Interesting article in today's Sunday Herald touches on that - http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/feast-of-football-a-fitting-tribute.23048484

The relevant bit:
Butcher has featured prominently for good or ill in numerous Old Firm derbies, and presided over a fair few Highland grudge matches, but the capital version promises something different again.
Cognisant, however, of the fact that Hibs have lost both derbies 1-0 this season to a callow Hearts side, and still feeling the after-effects of that 5-1 Scottish Cup final defeat in 2012, Butcher has ordered up extra sessions with his "language expert" David Yeomans.
He encourages players to share their memories of traumatic experiences, then shows them mechanisms to explode those thoughts and focus only on the future.

Always felt that whatever we did previously on Sports Psychology clearly wasn't working with the players (or perhaps we did nothing!)
This could be a really important aspect of the change of attitude under TB.

wookie70
29-12-2013, 11:27 PM
Favourite moment from today was Lewis's shot in the 2nd half that flew wide, a strange one maybe but what I loved most was that when Collins had the ball just inside our half, we had Cairney, Robertson and Stevenson absolutely bursting a gut to get out of their own half and support the strikers. The desire in this team is night and day and even though it didn't end in a goal I think the crowd recognised the efforts and rightly applauded.

Late on when we were 2-0 up we had 6 players in or around their box for one quick break. The energy we played with today was incredible. I love how high up the pitch we are playing and I can see some goals coming from the pressure we are putting on opposition defenders. I imagine we will very quickly become a team that other teams hate playing against if we continue to hustle and work as hard as we did today.

hfc rd
29-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Late on when we were 2-0 up we had 6 players in or around their box for one quick break. The energy we played with today was incredible. I love how high up the pitch we are playing and I can see some goals coming from the pressure we are putting on opposition defenders. I imagine we will very quickly become a team that other teams hate playing against if we continue to hustle and work as hard as we did today.

120% agree with this.

Ronniekirk
29-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Agree it's a crucial game as psychologically we need to beat them to prove we can .But if people are questioning that things aren't different they weren't at today's match and This management team clearly know what they are doing and it's starting to show Baby steps at first terry said Can't wait to see us when we start walking and then learn to run Enjoyed the game today haven't been able to say that at a home game for a while

Gerard
29-12-2013, 11:41 PM

Do they get the single fish when they draw and is that for all the players. :greengrin

Thecat23
29-12-2013, 11:59 PM
the right man, at the right time.

Right man, but should have been brought in after Malmo farce. We could have been further up the league and playing even better.

SmashinGlass
30-12-2013, 12:01 AM

Couldn't agree more. It's clear to me that we appear a lot fitter and the desire is expressed as opposed to being curtailed

Haymaker
30-12-2013, 12:02 AM

At professional level it is more about your mind set than your ability.

Northernhibee
30-12-2013, 02:10 AM
Really interesting bit in his interview on Hibs TV saying we'll play the same way against Hearts, that we won't change our philosophy just because it's Hearts and that the team will work their socks off and compete.

Putting the ball firmly in their court, as good as saying "This is what we do, what are you going to do to cope with us?"

stanton_4
30-12-2013, 10:22 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that Butcher is the correct choice for us. I was shot down in flames by a few of my mates when I suggested him a few years back. He is expert in positive thought. Loved the bit in an interview recently when he was asked how much the bus breaking down on the way to Ross County affected the players when he replied "It's only a journey".
Check out this link to the Hampshire coaching conference.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJYOKhluskI

Aldo
30-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Really interesting bit in his interview on Hibs TV saying we'll play the same way against Hearts, that we won't change our philosophy just because it's Hearts and that the team will work their socks off and compete. Putting the ball firmly in their court, as good as saying "This is what we do, what are you going to do to cope with us?"

Butcher isnae daft and knows the significance of this game. Build up will be exactly like it has been and if we play like we did on Sunday we will be fine.

All the hard work is beginning to reap rewards. High tempo and work rate from the off and they will struggle IMHO.

Cannot wait for Thursday evening.

Famous Fiver
30-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Our biggest problem could be hanging on to the man. After previous iffy efforts he has matured into an effective, very efficient manager and his efforts will not go unnoticed down south. Will he be tempted?

green day
30-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Our biggest problem could be hanging on to the man. After previous iffy efforts he has matured into an effective, very efficient manager and his efforts will not go unnoticed down south. Will he be tempted?

He has been here for 5 minutes (or more accurately, about 5 games!) dont panic

People change jobs in football and if he gets a great move after winning the Scottish with us, good luck to him !!

SmashinGlass
30-12-2013, 10:41 AM

Give it time. We don't want rid of him so soon after getting him

marleyhib
30-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Terry had offers down South when at ICT and stayed. Can't help thinking he'd like to stay and win things with Hibs and likes living in Scotland.

If he can do that and he moves on to a bigger job I'll be the first to thank him and wish him all the best.

We now have a manager we can all believe in, it's up to us to all get behind him and the team and help create the success we all crave.

TheReg!
30-12-2013, 01:23 PM
So far so good, I just hope that he is the real deal for us. Pumping Hertz on Thursday would be great and could see us kick in up the league. I can't wait to see what sort of players we bring in this window.

AngusHibby
30-12-2013, 01:36 PM

More worried about him being snatched by sevco than the clubs down south. Long way off though!

leggeto
30-12-2013, 01:41 PM

hibs are a big shop window but he has been offered jobs in England when at Inverness and turned them down,I think we will have him for maybe 3 years if successful then he will maybe look at a bigger job,my worry is sevco when they come back up

147lothian
30-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Terry was very loyal to Inverness, so I can see him staying the same way with us, but if a big offer for him does come in, while he is under contract there will be compensation so its a win win situation, lets just get behind him and the team. At last we are moving in the right direction

B.H.F.C
30-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Far, far too early to be talking about Butcher leaving. He's made a decent start, said all the right things and yesterday I felt we went up a level from his previous games.

In 18 months or so I'll be disappointed if people aren't looking at him as it will mean that we are just trundling along as per usual.

Onion
30-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Far, far too early to be talking about Butcher leaving. He's made a decent start, said all the right things and yesterday I felt we went up a level from his previous games.

In 18 months or so I'll be disappointed if people aren't looking at him as it will mean that we are just trundling along as per usual.

THIS :top marks Same goes for the players. Hopefully we'll have brought in a few who are capable of playing at a higher level, and that bigger teams might want. At the mo, no one wants any of our guys.

Franck Stanton
30-12-2013, 03:01 PM
THIS :top marks Same goes for the players. Hopefully we'll have brought in a few who are capable of playing at a higher level, and that bigger teams might want. At the mo, no one wants any of our guys.

Correct, in fact, we have some guys even we don't want.

Paperboy
30-12-2013, 10:47 PM
I'm sure when Butcher was at Inverness he went to Burnely for an interview. Again I may be wrong but I'm sure they offered him more money but he returned to Inverness as he felt he had some unfinished business.

it's wrong to talk of him leaving and maybe it's early to talk of him being the best thing since sliced bread. However it seems as if he's managed to turn around the fortunes of the team whilst getting improvements out of most of the players. So while it is early days, it's a lot more promising than it has been under the last few managers.

i can talk though. It's been awhile since i've been to Easter Road. But after hearing about the recent displays, I think it's only fair I see what all the fuss is about!

hfc rd
30-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Terry's pre-match team talk yesterday.

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/258639-terry-butcher-confronts-hibernians-fear-of-playing-at-easter-road/

johnrebus
31-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Don't see TB ever going to Sevco.

Think he.has already stated that he wants nothing to do with all the baggage that goes with it.

Ronniekirk
31-12-2013, 12:13 AM
Terry's pre-match team talk yesterday.

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/258639-terry-butcher-confronts-hibernians-fear-of-playing-at-easter-road/
Would love to see Thursdays one

Purehibee_MYB
31-12-2013, 01:45 AM
Would love to see Thursdays one

:agree: Would no doubt give us all goosebumps and get us raring to go!

VickMackie
31-12-2013, 02:59 PM
A friend of mine sits behind the dug out and said the intensity on the touchline has increased dramatically since TB and MM came in. Can only be a good thing.

jdships
31-12-2013, 03:19 PM
At professional level it is more about your mind set than your ability.

Agree totally with what you say !!
60 odd years ago when I was playing our manager used a " mind set " type of approach to try and motivate us .:greengrin:wink:
" How much do you want to win this game ? " , " It's eleven against eleven " , " Do you want to keep your discounts in the local shops ? " ,
" Remember I need the bonus money as much as you lot " , " There are a couple of scout's in having a look today , i'm told it's Juventus checking on one of you and " Frey Bentos " looking at the rest " Etc .

Did it work ? Most of us didn't think it was funny - end of !!

Early days but think TB has brought a " breath of fresh air" to the place . My two lads tell how he keeps talking about the facilities at EM's being the best he has ever worked with and that the staff should appreciate them .
:flag:

Famous Fiver
31-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Some good replies to my post but I remember the impact Jock Stein had when he arrived. What happened? Off to Celtic before you could say Scottish Cup.
Just hope El Tel doesn't get seduced by his success and disappear into the blue yonder......

Aldo
31-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Listened to 7 minutes of his interview on You tube and tbh his positivity is very addictive.

Hitting home the work ethics and it's rewards etc. if we work harder than the other team we stand a good chance of beating them.

Long way to go but can see the players positive attitudes and getting round to his way of thinking and work ethics.

We have some very very good players at the club.

Worth a listen