PDA

View Full Version : Penalty claims

hibee_girl
29-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Did they look like penalties then?

From the middle of the East it looked like the first claim should have been one but the second looked a bit soft.

Thecat23
29-12-2013, 06:24 PM
First one from where I was which is right behind the home dugout looked a stone wall pen. Second I thought yes but not 100% on it.

hibbybrian
29-12-2013, 06:25 PM

From the middle of the East it looked like the first claim should have been one but the second looked a bit soft.

From the Middle East it looked about the same :greengrin

Leighonel
29-12-2013, 06:26 PM
First one looked like a pen and I thought the second was a foul but it started outside the box, could easily be wrong about the second.

lord bunberry
29-12-2013, 06:28 PM
I thought both were penalties, the peonlem is cairney is a markded man because he goes down to easily.

davhibby
29-12-2013, 06:28 PM
The first was a pen but I thought the second was outside the box. I'm in the FF though so this is just a guess really

Taz_hibee
29-12-2013, 06:37 PM
First defo pen, second free kick just outside IMO

LaMotta
29-12-2013, 06:56 PM
First one def pen - why would anyone go down with a free shot at goal 7 yards out?

Second one Collins just flung himself down - no foul ref got it right.

hibby6270
29-12-2013, 07:10 PM
First one def pen - why would anyone go down with a free shot at goal 7 yards out?

Second one Collins just flung himself down - no foul ref got it right.

Agreed

greenlex
29-12-2013, 07:13 PM
I didnt think the first one was a foul so no pen for me. The second was defo a foul but couldnt see if it was in the box or not.

Billy
29-12-2013, 07:17 PM
First defo pen, second free kick just outside IMO

IMO I'd agree with you :aok:

Emerald
29-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Gut reaction was the first was a pen and the second was a foul but outside the box. That's from my view at the half way line in the East.

O'Rourke3
29-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Can't t remember the order. Collins, probably not. Cairney - stick on again not given.

matty_f
29-12-2013, 07:37 PM
They were both fouls, the only thing with the second was whether or not Collins was in the box. Had a great view of both from my seat in the West. Not really sure how bad a foul has to be for Hibs to be given a penalty this season.

greenlex
29-12-2013, 07:55 PM
They were both fouls, the only thing with the second was whether or not Collins was in the box. Had a great view of both from my seat in the West. Not really sure how bad a foul has to be for Hibs to be given a penalty this season.
I thought the first one he was just muscled off the ball. Wouldnt even be a foul anywhere else. Happy to be proved wrong. :greengrin

29-12-2013, 07:57 PM
First one when Cairney was through defo looked like a pen from when I was sitting.

Second one with Collins, again from where I was sitting looked like a penalty.

I've not seen replays for either, can only judge from what I saw in live action for now.

TrinityHibs
29-12-2013, 08:09 PM
First one from where I was which is right behind the home dugout looked a stone wall pen. Second I thought yes but not 100% on it.

Just along from TC first yes second 50/50

PatHead
29-12-2013, 10:31 PM
We will never know as the BBC will not show it on the highlights. From where I was in the West first was a stonewall penalty and sending off second was just outside box but still a foul.

18/03/07
29-12-2013, 10:44 PM
1st one was deffo a penalty and defender should have been shown red card,2nd one not sure if it was in box or outside box but was a deffo foul either way,3rd one Nelson did handle ball in box but i had my green specs on

BS44
29-12-2013, 10:44 PM
They both fall down far too easily.

mutley
29-12-2013, 10:58 PM
I'll wait to have a better look in the highlights, but for me the first was a penalty . As someone shouted today, what do we need to do to get one, it seems that every penalty decision from the last few games have gone against us.

weecounty hibby
29-12-2013, 10:58 PM
They both fall down far too easily.
All professional footballers fall down too easily!!

matty_f
29-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Just replayed them both in my head, definite penalties. :greengrin:

BS44
29-12-2013, 11:06 PM
All professional footballers fall down too easily!!

Can't ague with that. Collins and Cairneyhill and divers, and diving pees me (and you) right off. I was screaming for penalties at the game, wouldn't be surprised if they both dived

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Can't ague with that. Collins and Cairneyhill and divers, and diving pees me (and you) right off. I was screaming for penalties at the game, wouldn't be surprised if they both dived

Thing is the refs only give you a foul if you fall down so that's why we have all this "diving" now.

BS44
29-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Thing is the refs only give you a foul if you fall down so that's why we have all this "diving" now.
I thought the gollum only gave free kicks for diving today if it didn't affect the game. Craig "fell down".

greenlex
30-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Having now seen both. Neither were penalties. If they had been given against us Id be raging.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2013, 06:26 PM
I thought both were penalties, the peonlem is cairney is a markded man because he goes down to easily.He is a marked man because of Kenny Shiels' lies and Craig Thomson's ineptitude

givescotlandfreedom
30-12-2013, 06:45 PM

If the ref thought they dived surely they should've been booked.

Onion
30-12-2013, 06:57 PM
If the ref thought they dived surely they should've been booked.

First was a penalty. The Killie player was nutmegged and then just threw himself at Crainey with no attempt to play the ball. Just another case of a ref choosing not to apply the rules of the game because it was Hibs & Crainey. Seen far too much of this over recent seasons.

IMHO the second was a decent and fair shoulder charge. Collins didn't get past the Killie defender (same one) and he was just stronger in the challenge.

Aldo
30-12-2013, 07:02 PM
If they had happened anywhere else on the park they would of been fouls, especially the first one.

Defo penalty for 1st, 2nd 50/50

Onion
30-12-2013, 07:07 PM
If they had happened anywhere else on the park they would of been fouls, especially the first one.

Defo penalty for 1st, 2nd 50/50

:agree: The ref knew the game was over had he given the first, as Hibs were by far the better team. Just glad they did not affect the outcome of the match.

Have a sneaking feeling we're going to get one of these decision going for us on Thursday. We're well overdue ome decisions/luck against that lot.

Carheenlea
30-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Two clearer penalties you are never likely to see. Thankfully the poor judgement by the referee didn't influence the outcome of the game.

hfc rd
30-12-2013, 08:06 PM
1st one looked like a pen, 2nd one, probably not.

Jonnyboy
30-12-2013, 08:49 PM
He is a marked man because of Kenny Shiels' lies and Craig Thomson's ineptitude

That's true but he doesn't help his cause by tumbling too easily in the box

Jonnyboy
30-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Two clearer penalties you are never likely to see. Thankfully the poor judgement by the referee didn't influence the outcome of the game.

Just after one of those claims, possibly the Collins one, Killie were breaking forward and Craig was clearly pulled off his feet in the centre circle and Collum waved play on. I'm convinced it was because Craig had been bending Collum's ear about the claim.

Sudds_1
30-12-2013, 09:00 PM

middle east as well K.............first one stonewall (cairney' "reputation" perhaps?)......second, softer but till pen in my view.

Hibrandenburg
31-12-2013, 08:41 AM
I thought the first one he was just muscled off the ball. Wouldnt even be a foul anywhere else. Happy to be proved wrong. :greengrin

Was pretty much what I saw. Didn't see a trip, push or pull in the challenge, just Cairney being 2nd best in a 1 on 1.

The Sea-gull
31-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Having seen them live and now on tv highlights I don't think either were stonewallers. The first maybe but the way he falls (not saying he is a diver but he does have a certain style of tumbling) and goes down you can forgive the ref for not buying it. The second was a bit of a tangle but if anything it was a free kick outside the box. Unfortunately some players just get a reputation and will find it goes before them at times. Cairney has become one. Paulett at Aberdeen is another.