PDA

View Full Version : Yams We Want EIGHT

Mikey
29-12-2013, 04:50 PM
We've shared that record with Celtc for long enough. Let's get it back.

:yw:

GlenrothesHibee
29-12-2013, 04:58 PM
More than likely 1-0 either way. I can see someone having a hit and hope from 30 yards for them and then parking the bus. Seems to be how they get their points.

Tha Cabbage Kid
29-12-2013, 04:59 PM
oh really? and just who is going to score all these goals? Lewis?:greengrin

Hiber-nation
29-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Why the hell do we continually do this?

Mikey
29-12-2013, 05:01 PM

I wondered how long it would take :greengrin

Why the hell do we continually talk ourselves down?

Wotherspiniesta
29-12-2013, 05:01 PM

I know.... always setting our standards so low.

We want TEN!! :greengrin

Diclonius
29-12-2013, 05:03 PM
I'll settle for one goal more than the other team.

WestEndHibee
29-12-2013, 05:03 PM

Because we're hibees :greengrin. Eternal optimists (until we lose a goal).

Northernhibee
29-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Their weaknesses in defending are where we are strongest.

Absolute no contest.

kdhibees1
29-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Just win, just effing win it!! It doesn't matter by how many!!

NOLA
29-12-2013, 05:07 PM
We might want 8 but ill settle for 1-0, too often in these games the team has let the fans down, time the players showed up and played like they want it more than the yams.

essexhibee
29-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Setting ourselves up for a fall with ideas of wild scores. Hearts should have won today. They will be buoyed by todays result and will come to ER and park the bus. Will be very difficult to break down.

Fife-Hibee
29-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Anyone know what time ticket office opens at tomorrow ? Thanks in advance :-))

Green_one
29-12-2013, 05:13 PM
They will simply put everyone behind the ball, hope for a break (like last time)
and be more than happy with 0-0.

Now tell me that is not a possibility.:confused:

We need to get stuck in from the kick-off , get a goal and build on that. They will collapse if we get a couple before HT. We should play confidently (Terry will do that) and hopefully take the chances when they come. This lot are MINCE and deserve to get thumped. :slipper:

I doubt Hibs will score 8 in the whole of January though.

Hibercelona
29-12-2013, 05:13 PM
If we can score early on, they'll be forced to commit players forward, which will leave them extremely vulnerable at the back.

However, I don't want our players feeling under pressure to score an early goal, then going into a panic if they don't score in the first 10-15 minutes.

Let's just focus on getting that first goal, however long it takes.

29-12-2013, 05:15 PM
We NEED to get the first goal.

thebakerboy
29-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Thought the Tattooed man was out till the end of January but quel suprise he makes a remarkable recovery and even manages a warm up game today and yes he got booked . Never believe a word that comes out of that Pink sh** house.

scott7_0(Prague)
29-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Did the last two games against Hearts not teach people any lessons, let's just go about our business quietly, rather than shouting we will do this and that - then it all going tits up.

#FromTheCapital
29-12-2013, 05:29 PM
It seems every time we play them these days people on here predict convincing hibs victories. Il be delighted with a 1-0, obviously we are long overdue to give them a vast humping but as usual I can't see it. Although I'm quietly confident of a win, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it finished 0-0 or dare I say it a repeat of the last 2 derbies. Just because we've beat Ross county and Kilmarnock (2 of the worst teams in the league) recently doesn't mean we should get carried away.

lord bunberry
29-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Anything less than double figures will feel like a defeat.

hfc rd
29-12-2013, 05:31 PM

This! Plus it would be great if it's an early one as well as the place will be rocking and their heads will go down.

Eternal Hibbie
29-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Setting ourselves up for a fall with ideas of wild scores. Hearts should have won today. They will be buoyed by todays result and will come to ER and park the bus. Will be very difficult to break down.

If we manage to score fairly early their game plan's knackered, either way don't think we'll make any mistake this time.

Not a game they will be looking forward too despite any bravado from the deluded ones over there. :thumbup:

Hiber-nation
29-12-2013, 05:39 PM
I wondered how long it would take :greengrin

Why the hell do we continually talk ourselves down?

Ah yeah....like the "man up" campaign before the 2012 Cup Final. That really worked!

essexhibee
29-12-2013, 05:41 PM
If we manage to score fairly early their game plan's knackered, either way don't think we'll make any mistake this time.

Not a game they will be looking forward too despite any bravado from the deluded ones over there. :thumbup:

I agree mate. If we score early then we should go on to score more. We have to score first....it is critical. They have no attacking threat but we have zero luck in derbies and it would be typical that they score with another Stevenson like fluke goal.

mutley
29-12-2013, 05:46 PM

These two above statements sum it up for me ..................

But it still like to see us hammer them

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Pat 0-7
29-12-2013, 05:48 PM

THIS !!!!

:agree:

Sir David Gray
29-12-2013, 05:50 PM
If we manage to get an early goal, I'm hopeful we'll be in for a comfortable evening.

However I'll be more than happy with a 1-0 victory.

The last time we managed to beat them by more than a single goal was October 2005 so I think any predictions of a cricket score on Thursday night are a bit foolish.

Hermit Crab
29-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Just getting the job done will do for me. Any score line in our favour I'll be happy with.

Hermit Crab
29-12-2013, 05:52 PM
If we manage to get an early goal, I'm hopeful we'll be in for a comfortable evening.

However I'll be more than happy with a 1-0 victory.

The last time we managed to beat them by more than a single goal was October 2005 so I think any predictions of a cricket score on Thursday night are a bit foolish.

This^^^^. Think folk should just caw canny on the daft predictions and score demands.

Craig_in_Prague
29-12-2013, 05:52 PM
We wouldnt beat maroon traffic cones 8.0
Jeezus.

"a" win would be fab.

Aldo
29-12-2013, 05:54 PM
As long as we score more than them then I'll be happy. I expect them to sit in with Hamill and the tattooed roaster trying to put their weight about.

lord bunberry
29-12-2013, 06:01 PM
What's happened in the past is irrelevant we're playing the worst team in the league we should and will win handsomely.

Eternal Hibbie
29-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Jeezus.

"a" win would be fab.

Can we be a bit more upbeat please.

Had Taiwo scored from twelve inches out the first game would have been entirely different, the second game would have been stopped had it been in the boxing ring, totally fluke result, incidentally PF would probably still have been around for Thursday's match had we got what we deserved.

We are an entirely different proposition now under TB - have no fear. :thumbup:

#FromTheCapital
29-12-2013, 06:11 PM
What's happened in the past is irrelevant we're playing the worst team in the league we should and will win handsomely.

Sorry to be pedantic but technically they're not the worst team in the league as they've amassed 2 more points than Ross County so far, albeit County have a game in hand (which they'll probably lose).

Your right that we should win handsomely but there's been loads of times where we should've won handsomely and haven't. As mentioned by another poster, we haven't beat them by more than a single goal in over 8 years, and before that you'd need to go back to the 6-2 game I believe. Shocking statistic. Yes the past should be irrelevant but imo it's not. Derby games are massively different to other games, mentally and physically. And there's something about hibs that just can't seem to get the hang of them.

judas
29-12-2013, 06:24 PM
More than likely 1-0 either way. I can see someone having a hit and hope from 30 yards for them and then parking the bus. Seems to be how they get their points.

Normally, I would agree with your cautious prediction, but I really feel that hibs should be capable of taking 2 or 3 off Hearts now, and in the ghastly event of defeat, I would deduct a couple of gold stars from the many butcher has acquired.

Robinho08
29-12-2013, 06:24 PM
We need to score first early doors.

BroxburnHibee
29-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Bet365 have us odds-on. Thats worrying.

Sir David Gray
29-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Sorry to be pedantic but technically they're not the worst team in the league as they've amassed 2 more points than Ross County so far, albeit County have a game in hand (which they'll probably lose).

Your right that we should win handsomely but there's been loads of times where we should've won handsomely and haven't. As mentioned by another poster, we haven't beat them by more than a single goal in over 8 years, and before that you'd need to go back to the 6-2 game I believe. Shocking statistic. Yes the past should be irrelevant but imo it's not. Derby games are massively different to other games, mentally and physically. And there's something about hibs that just can't seem to get the hang of them.

:agree: We have only managed to beat Hearts by more than one goal on three occasions this century.

March 2000 - Hibs 3-1 Hearts
October 2000 - Hibs 6-2 Hearts
October 2005 - Hibs 2-0 Hearts

Craig_in_Prague
29-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Can we be a bit more upbeat please.

Had Taiwo scored from twelve inches out the first game would have been entirely different, the second game would have been stopped had it been in the boxing ring, totally fluke result, incidentally PF would probably still have been around for Thursday's match had we got what we deserved.

We are an entirely different proposition now under TB - have no fear. :thumbup:

I think we are all upbeat. But saying we want 8? C'mon. Setting ourselves up again.
Just go and win the damn game.

Pat Fenlon resigned, rightly.

The increase in shots on goal and very few being conceded is really encouraging. Back in love big time with Hibs under TB.
But its about time the PLAYERS stepped forward in a derby.

kaimendhibs
29-12-2013, 06:39 PM
They will park the bus. Saw they had 5 bookings today. If we score early I'm certain we will win but they are spawny gits

Sent from my iphone

wearethehibs
29-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Im no even gona read all the replies but I assume someones already said it. "We're due them a tanking" or something like that cause its been said for the last 3 years now and its still never happened. Derbys are always tight and the next 1 will be no different imo

Pete
29-12-2013, 06:50 PM
:agree: We have only managed to beat Hearts by more than one goal on three occasions this century.

March 2000 - Hibs 3-1 Hearts
October 2000 - Hibs 6-2 Hearts
October 2005 - Hibs 2-0 Hearts

Could you, or the guy who you quoted explain why any of this is relevant?

Pete
29-12-2013, 06:51 PM

Why is the past not irrelevant?

#FromTheCapital
29-12-2013, 07:03 PM

I explained why I think it's relevant in my last post. Derby games are different to other games. They're typically tight games and in order for a cricket score to be run up then there usually has to be a big difference in the ability of the teams playing. Look at the games where we have beat them by more than 1 goal, the two best hibs teams I've seen in my lifetime. A far cry from our current squad. Yes hearts are murder this season but we're no world beaters either and of course have already lost twice to them this season.

Hibrandenburg
29-12-2013, 07:10 PM
We need to keep the head and stick to the game plan. TB will adjust that as the game progresses.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Let's just win the game, not worry about winning by 8 clear goals

However if it happens, I'll be delighted

Titch
29-12-2013, 07:50 PM
It seems every time we play them these days people on here predict convincing hibs victories. Il be delighted with a 1-0, obviously we are long overdue to give them a vast humping but as usual I can't see it. Although I'm quietly confident of a win, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it finished 0-0 or dare I say it a repeat of the last 2 derbies. Just because we've beat Ross county and Kilmarnock (2 of the worst teams in the league) recently doesn't mean we should get carried away.

One of which thumped the perennial cheaters 4-0 at the PBS less than a week ago

lord bunberry
29-12-2013, 07:51 PM

I don't see how players who played absolutely no part in us having a poor record in previous derbys can in anyway be influenced by something they had nothing to with. Hearts derby record probably gives their players a lift going into the game but it wont make them better player's and it won't make golden showers a better manager.

Franck Stanton
29-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Think the op was posting somewhat tongue in cheek when he said we want 8. That is a score he [and many others] would be delighted with but, I am sure he realises how the game will be and if asked would comfortably settle for a win, by any scoreline. Personally I think that TB will demand a win and will get it, 1-0/2-0 imo.

29-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Winning by a big margine is a nice luxury but at the end of the day I don't care if its 7-0 or 1-0 as long as we beat those arrogant, deluded *******s and wipe the smug looks off their faces!

Northernhibee
29-12-2013, 08:01 PM
80-1 for a Hibs 5-1 victory.

Couple of quid on that!

Sir David Gray
29-12-2013, 08:02 PM

I think it's relevant because psychology has a big influence on sport.

In any sport, if a team/sportsperson has a terrible record against a rival team or sportsperson, you here quite often about that record affecting the way that they play against them as it gets to them mentally.

I think our derby record is very relevant.

lord bunberry
29-12-2013, 08:07 PM

In any sport, if a team/sportsperson has a terrible record against a rival team or sportsperson, you here quite often about that record affecting the way that they play against them as it gets to them mentally.

But it's not the same players who are responsible for us having a poor record against them. Most of our current team won't care or even know what the scores against hearts were before they arrived, so I don't know how it will affect their performance.

Jim44
29-12-2013, 08:11 PM
This is without a shadow of doubt the biggest game of the season for us and more so for them. If we win, they will not recover and relegation is a certainty and we could go on to earn a top six place. If they win, our season could take a real downward turn and they could conceivably go on to avoid instant relegation. The match will pivot purely on the mindset Butcher can instil in our players. If they are up for it I don't see us losing.

Northernhibee
29-12-2013, 08:13 PM
This is without a shadow of doubt the biggest game of the season for us and more so for them. If we win, they will not recover and relegation is a certainty and we could go on to earn a top six place. If they win, our season could take a real downward turn and they could conceivably go on to avoid instant relegation. The match will pivot purely on the mindset Butcher can instil in our players. If they are up for it I don't see us losing.

I don't think one loss would have such aq big effect on us, we're a much stronger team now.

RyeSloan
29-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Stuff the 1-0 nonsense.

A total and utter doing is all they deserve and all that Hibs should be aiming to give :-)

Sir David Gray
29-12-2013, 08:16 PM
But it's not the same players who are responsible for us having a poor record against them. Most of our current team won't care or even know what the scores against hearts were before they arrived, so I don't know how it will affect their performance.

What about our record in the Scottish Cup then?

The Harp
29-12-2013, 08:19 PM
I couldn't care less how we beat them or by how many. I'd settle for a scrappy goal, a flukey goal, a ridiculous deflection ... anything, just as long as we beat them.

29-12-2013, 08:46 PM
I couldn't care less how we beat them or by how many. I'd settle for a scrappy goal, a flukey goal, a ridiculous deflection ... anything, just as long as we beat them.

Agreed

Spike Mandela
29-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Hearts got a good result today and were 'outstanding' according to Locke in the BBC report.

Forget how many we will score, we just need to WIN.

Greencore
29-12-2013, 09:12 PM
We are going to win 4-0.

PatHead
29-12-2013, 09:14 PM
I want to win by a bucketload. What is wrong with that? We will win by at least 3. They are crap.

kaimendhibs
29-12-2013, 09:21 PM
We battered em in the cup game, then list by a freak goal. We made umpteen great chances against a far better side today, we will win and easily

Sent from my iphone

#FromTheCapital
29-12-2013, 09:26 PM
I want to win by a bucketload. What is wrong with that? We will win by at least 3. They are crap.

Of course we all want a convincing victory. It would be great going into the last 10 mins of a derby without our collective ***** twitching like a rabbits nose and having a good sing song in full knowledge that we'll win the game. But I've completely forgotten what that feels like so will happily take a scrappy 1-0, which if we are destined to win this game, is the most likely score imo.

Eternal Hibbie
29-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Hearts got a good result today and were 'outstanding' according to Locke in the BBC report.

Forget how many we will score, we just need to WIN.

What would you have expected him to say - "we were slightly less p**h than usual and that's why we scraped a point".

Lets do it decisively.

Potty78
29-12-2013, 10:07 PM
When will some of our fans learn. We rarely beat hearts never mind hammer them. I have seen better hibs teams lose to that mob. Go out with the same attitude as the last few weeks and we have a massive chance. One more than them will do.

Thecat23
29-12-2013, 10:10 PM
When will some of our fans learn. We rarely beat hearts never mind hammer them. I have seen better hibs teams lose to that mob. Go out with the same attitude as the last few weeks and we have a massive chance. One more than them will do.

Actually if the players maybe went out with the attitude of the fans we wouldn't ***** it. It's about time the players thought "we can do them" and have a real go for the 90 mins.

Northernhibee
29-12-2013, 10:12 PM

Aye, but we'll never have a better chance of demolishing them.

Hibbyradge
29-12-2013, 10:47 PM
This thread should be bumped to the top every day till the game.

It's wrong though. I want 9.

Greencore
29-12-2013, 10:49 PM
This thread should be bumped to the top every day till the game.

It's wrong though. I want 9.
Bump!!!

lucky
29-12-2013, 10:54 PM
We will win by at least 3. But it could be more their cheating thieving lucky ways have ended. It's our time and we will make them pay

bigwheel
29-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Do people really think we will thump them. ?? In reality any team in our league can beat us if we are not fully on it...they have proved that twice this season...it's their last big game as they will be down before we next play them...so for me, it will be tight - and we will have to be on form from the start,....

sleeping giant
29-12-2013, 11:46 PM
If we score early doors i think we will proceed to give them a tanking.
The longer the game goes without a goal the more nervous i will become.

Gladly take any win.

GreenCastle
29-12-2013, 11:52 PM
The start of this match will be crucial - both the yam fans know this and Hibs fans know that if we start like last time and take a chance we create then we will grow in confidence.

As stated the longer any game goes on the belief starts to grow for the team with no shame.

I also don't care how we win - as long as we just do it and get the 3 points.

I do believe with Butcher in charge though he will have them ready and we are a settled team playing with some confidence now.

I can't wait for the game and the atmosphere as I know the fans will be up for it as they sense blood again - hopefully the players do the business :agree:

For any yams looking in - BIG TEAM BIG LEAGUE - WEE TEAM WEE LEAGUE

Pete
30-12-2013, 04:02 AM
I explained why I think it's relevant in my last post. Derby games are different to other games. They're typically tight games and in order for a cricket score to be run up then there usually has to be a big difference in the ability of the teams playing. Look at the games where we have beat them by more than 1 goal, the two best hibs teams I've seen in my lifetime. A far cry from our current squad. Yes hearts are murder this season but we're no world beaters either and of course have already lost twice to them this season.

You mentioned earlier that there were times when we should have beat them handsomely but never. When were these times if you say it's all about difference in ability? I'd say the only time we've had a more talented squad than them in the last 30 years was around the 6-2 period....and their big victories and good record are all down to their overspending.

The facts are that a team with better players beats a team with weaker players more often and the odd freak result is thrown in. I was going to repeat that bringing up old scores was irrelevant but it actually proves my point when you look at the actual teams facing each other.

Look at the real difference in points right now, the make up of the squads and analyse the two previous matches. The freak results have happened and while it might not be eight, I'd be putting some money on there being no more anomalies. Derby matches aren't really that different to other ones on the park.

Hibs07p
30-12-2013, 04:25 AM
I would love to give them a real battering, but feel we are going to face a defence that is going to be difficult to break down. We need to make sure we win a lot of fouls around their box, and not allow them to dictate play, when they start falling looking for fouls. The only hope they have is breaking up our play and slowing the game down, and getting the fans on the players backs. We are going to have to settle for a lot punts into the box, and hopefully we get a scrappy goal. A second would finish it for me, as we could play with them and rip the P!sh out of them quite comfortably after that.

GGTTH

Pete
30-12-2013, 04:33 AM

Maybe if the terrible record is down to the players in question they will have doubts but other than that I don't think so. Personal psychology plays a big part but historic records are totally irrelevant. Do you honestly think scores from four, twelve or thirty years ago play any part in players minds?

The only place these doubts exist is in the minds of the crowd. When we fall behind in a derby we usually say "here we go again" and expect the worst. When hearts fall behind they think "we're going to win because we're hearts, it's what we do". These attitudes are deep-rooted because hearts are used to having better players due to their cheating and we are used to being on the end of it. Players pick up on crowd vibes and I think that's the only way the past record effects the team: indirectly.

What about our record in the Scottish Cup then?

Pretty simple. Each time we were beaten by better teams in the final (apart from the Huns apparently). When was the last time we were favourites? There was none of this mince about curses and hoodoos in the sixties so it certainly wouldn't have played a part in any players performance...and the times we were favourites and lost we probably just played mince.

I'm sorry but there's no such thing as fairy stories, curses or Indian signs and the players know that. They know that previous results are totally, 100% irrelevant because the statistics apply to a different set of players who don't effect them in any way. That's both in the cup and against hearts. They know that's there's nothing wrong with our club and definitely nothing special about hearts.

Hearts fans think they will win derbies simply because they will and some hibs fans agree with them...both without really knowing why. It's nothing more than them having better players for the past thirty years.

It's time people woke up and realised that they don't have that advantage any more and looking back on when they did is totally pointless.

Pete
30-12-2013, 04:52 AM
If we can score early on, they'll be forced to commit players forward, which will leave them extremely vulnerable at the back.

However, I don't want our players feeling under pressure to score an early goal, then going into a panic if they don't score in the first 10-15 minutes.

Let's just focus on getting that first goal, however long it takes.

Agree with this. They will definitely come to make things difficult for us and hit us on the break and they certainly won't be dictating anything.

I've seen a few of their matches and I think they play better away from home because the pressure is off. They feel obligated to come forward at home and teams can pick them off...hence a lot of their worst results being at Tynecastle.

They also aren't as bad as results would suggest. They get forward in wide areas and put a lot of dangerous balls into the box just begging for a striker to get onto. They also have players who like to take men on and drive into the box.

Eight might be stretching it but we have to be like a dog with a bone for ninety minutes. If we are one down we will have to keep battering away and likewise if we are two up. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think their heads will go down if we score and they will still be dangerous. A lot of them simply consider themselves lucky to be in that position and therefore don't give a monkeys (in a good way) which enables them to play with a certain element of freedom.

If we play for 90 minutes we should win but we have to make sure that we do...and patience might be required when it comes to getting that breakthrough.

majorhibs
30-12-2013, 07:10 AM
You mentioned earlier that there were times when we should have beat them handsomely but never. When were these times if you say it's all about difference in ability? I'd say the only time we've had a more talented squad than them in the last 30 years was around the 6-2 period....and their big victories and good record are all down to their overspending.

The facts are that a team with better players beats a team with weaker players more often and the odd freak result is thrown in. I was going to repeat that bringing up old scores was irrelevant but it actually proves my point when you look at the actual teams facing each other.

Look at the real difference in points right now, the make up of the squads and analyse the two previous matches. The freak results have happened and while it might not be eight, I'd be putting some money on there being no more anomalies. Derby matches aren't really that different to other ones on the park.

So you've airbrushed the 80's out your mind then? Wish I could dae the same. However for the first time in many many years I have a suspicion that it is OUR time! Put all the facts you want in print, the last game, L.G.s "goal", sparry heid having polis Beaumont to beat, craig thomson, malkowski, too many others to mention, they have got everything. But like I said, I think it is finally, after far too long, coming OUR way! And personally, I am gonna get max. payback for 30 + years, only some of which was down to cheating financially. But their no gonnae luck their way through this one.

Col2
30-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Not sure what the record SPFL score is - 8-0 celtic v sheep?

But we should be aiming high, take account of form, player quality, management and likely tactics. A more realistic view would suggest we could be the first SPFL club to hit double figures and the magic 10. If we have an off day then only 5.

Onion
30-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Daft thread that could have been started by a Yam. Derby matches are completely unpredictable. The form book usually counts for nothing. If playing rubbish teams was a guarantee of a win , there would be no shock results. The Yams had no right to win the last two but did - against all the odds with a bunch of kids.

Any Hibs win will be progress, and do for me.

#FromTheCapital
30-12-2013, 08:45 AM

Going back to my initial point, every time I come on here before a derby numerous folk are predicting a landslide victory against them which never happens and is why I referred to our terrible record at beating them by more than 1 goal. Off the top of my head the last time I can remember having a better squad was in Mowbray's early days before Romanov started spending big with hearts, 04/05? Only one 2-1 victory that season when we finished 3rd in the league.

bigwheel
30-12-2013, 08:48 AM
I just want a win....this talk about a thumping is highly unlikely...a decent performance and a hard fought win will do for me...keep our momentum going and win a little bit of derby pride back.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Any Derby game that finishes without your team not getting beat is never a bad result. Hearts need 3 points from this game. All the pressure is on them to win. Any pressure from our side is coming from those who are taking a win as a given and are now arguing the toss about how many it will be by.

Hibby D
30-12-2013, 09:25 AM
They will simply put everyone behind the ball, hope for a break (like last time)
and be more than happy with 0-0.

Now tell me that is not a possibility.:confused:

We need to get stuck in from the kick-off , get a goal and build on that. They will collapse if we get a couple before HT. We should play confidently (Terry will do that) and hopefully take the chances when they come. This lot are MINCE and deserve to get thumped. :slipper:

I doubt Hibs will score 8 in the whole of January though.

We've just scored 5 in 4 days :cb

Pray4Marc
30-12-2013, 09:53 AM
I can see nothing but a comfortable Hibs win. If we score early we could all get what we really want, 5+. They have no goal threat. They will park the bus early and we will control the game. Past statistics don't come into this game IMO as extreme financial doping isn't a variable against us.

greenpaper55
30-12-2013, 10:06 AM
A word of warning , the tornadoes next derby after the 7-0 we got pumped 4-0 ! .Stop this nonsense about we should win , we are a work in progress and nothing more so cool this talk , lets hope the players don't read this rubbish thread.

Col2
30-12-2013, 10:09 AM
We will win and win very comfortably.

The mentality has totally changed at the club, we are very strong physically as well and have just come off two good wins on the bounce. We have conceded 2 goals in Butchers 7 games in charge. We are at home and will have the crowd.

The weather forecast is good, the pitch is excellent and a Butchers boys are ready for a massive game.

They are pish and defensively are rank. They will try and get a 0-0 or a 1-0. They fear the worst and golden shower has even admitted that the appointment of Butcher makes us a different proposition.

Likely result based on form and home advantage? 2-0 or 3-0

Likely result based on above and desire to destroy them? 5-0

Hibercelona
30-12-2013, 10:15 AM
I just want us to do what we have done over the last couple of games. Nothing needs to be changed.

If we're going to hammer them, then we will. But lets not force it. Let the team go about their usual business like they have done over the last couple of games and they won't stand a chance against us.

AlbertK86
30-12-2013, 10:26 AM
I just want us to do what we have done over the last couple of games. Nothing needs to be changed. If we're going to hammer them, then we will. But lets not force it. Let the team go about their usual business like they have done over the last couple of games and they won't stand a chance against us.

Well said. Excellent post

GGTTH

B.H.F.C
30-12-2013, 10:36 AM
We need to come out of the traps like we did yesterday. We really got at Killie, not too dissimilar to the Hearts League Cup game. The difference was that we got the goal.

Main thing is to go and get the win. Anything beyond that is a bonus. With our derby record I'm not going to say we will pump them. What I will say is that we won't ever get a better chance to give them a doing.

Steve20
30-12-2013, 10:40 AM
5-0 Hibs

Hibercelona
30-12-2013, 10:42 AM
We need to come out of the traps like we did yesterday. We really got at Killie, not too dissimilar to the Hearts League Cup game. The difference was that we got the goal.

Main thing is to go and get the win. Anything beyond that is a bonus. With our derby record I'm not going to say we will pump them. What I will say is that we won't ever get a better chance to give them a doing.

If the players put too much into it right from the start, they'll burn out after 20-25 minutes. That's what happened in the league cup game.

The players need to work hard, but they need to get the balance correct also, so that they'll last the full 90 minutes.

We don't need to throw everything at them right away in order to get the goals. The players just need to remain focused and keep plucking away at them and their inexperienced back 4 will start to make errors.

McIntosh
30-12-2013, 10:52 AM
We want eight and we won't wait :greengrin

Aldo
30-12-2013, 10:55 AM
A word of warning , the tornadoes next derby after the 7-0 we got pumped 4-0 ! .Stop this nonsense about we should win , we are a work in progress and nothing more so cool this talk , lets hope the players don't read this rubbish thread.

What a lot of keek. Keep the negativity for elsewhere. We will not be beaten 4-0. It's not rubbish either it's about being positive. There has been far too much negativity on here in recent years so folk are optimistic and looking forward to the game then You come along with this crap.

On recent form and performances yes we should win but it's a derby.... A scrappy 1 nil own goal will do me just fine but I want the same tempo and performance as Saturday that coupled with the work ethics installed by Terry his team.

Do this and I cannot see anything else but a Hibs win.

If you want to be negative and shot folk doon away over to broke back.

greenpaper55
30-12-2013, 11:15 AM
What a lot of keek. Keep the negativity for elsewhere. We will not be beaten 4-0. It's not rubbish either it's about being positive. There has been far too much negativity on here in recent years so folk are optimistic and looking forward to the game then You come along with this crap.

On recent form and performances yes we should win but it's a derby.... A scrappy 1 nil own goal will do me just fine but I want the same tempo and performance as Saturday that coupled with the work ethics installed by Terry his team.

Do this and I cannot see anything else but a Hibs win.

If you want to be negative and shot folk doon away over to broke back.

Away and bile yer heid , Not being negative just realistic, you must be a yam on the windup , get back to kickback yourself.

GreenCastle
30-12-2013, 11:18 AM
If the players put too much into it right from the start, they'll burn out after 20-25 minutes. That's what happened in the league cup game.

The players need to work hard, but they need to get the balance correct also, so that they'll last the full 90 minutes.

We don't need to throw everything at them right away in order to get the goals. The players just need to remain focused and keep plucking away at them and their inexperienced back 4 will start to make errors.

:top marks

Fans need to stay with it and patient. I am sure they will as Butcher has brought a fight to the club I haven't seen in years - every player working hard for the full 90 mins. :top marks

Northernhibee
30-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Away and bile yer heid , Not being negative just realistic, you must be a yam on the windup , get back to kickback yourself.

He's a yam because he thinks we'll win?

Aldo
30-12-2013, 11:24 AM

We're all being realistic just some are a bit more over confident than others.

I didn't call you a yam I said take your negativity to Brokeback.

Drat my secrets out - nearly 6,900 threads to work out I'm a Yam agent on .net. Ha ha did ok there then before I was found out. And pray tell how did you find out I was a secret Yam? . Was it in my writing.

Don't tell anyone please.

Sorry but ma Heids already boiled with some of the writings in here. Cheers

Thecat23
30-12-2013, 11:29 AM

Jeezo, what's crawled up your jam roll? Folk just saying we will win that's all. I think we all know it won't be 8. I think if you want to be negative you should stay out this thread, simples!!!

leggeto
30-12-2013, 11:45 AM

my dad said hearts were no a bad team back then so can't see them getting more than 1 goal tbh

Pete
30-12-2013, 02:27 PM
beating hearts is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

If the players put too much into it right from the start, they'll burn out after 20-25 minutes.

We don't need to throw everything at them right away in order to get the goals.

Agree.

Hibs07p
30-12-2013, 02:41 PM

let's remember it was a decent Hear7s team we beat 0-7, and it was a decent Hear7s team that beat us 4-1.
So by all logic, the ***** Hear7s team that has beaten us 1-0 twice this season, could receive a deserved battering.

I would love to give them a real battering, but feel we are going to face a defence that is going to be difficult to break down. We need to make sure we win a lot of fouls around their box, and not allow them to dictate play, when they start falling looking for fouls. The only hope they have is breaking up our play and slowing the game down, and getting the fans on the players backs. We are going to have to settle for a lot punts into the box, and hopefully we get a scrappy goal. A second would finish it for me, as we could play with them and rip the P!sh out of them quite comfortably after that.

GGTTH

I'm now arguing with myself. After watching the St Mirren highlights, they don't co-relate with the media reports. St Mirren we're unlucky not to score a few more, the Hear7s defending was comical, and a free shot at goal by Hamill, and a scrappy cross into the box that Patterson couldn't convert, was all they created. I've now revised my prediction. Let's horse this shower of *****e.

GGTTH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f21MdhKnyVE&app=desktop

Islington Hibs
30-12-2013, 06:10 PM
I thought we would cuff them last time. We did but still managed to lose.

If we keep the heid, even if we go one down, we will win, we have the better players by far, but they will pack their defense, go for the break and hope our support loses confidence. Lets just do the job and not be cocky and if we haven't scored after 20 mins lets not panic and really roar on the Hibs. It is interesting reading Kickback on this- they have spotted the title of this thread (if you can bare to waste your time and look ) and although they are split as to the result it gives them hope as they think we are over-confident.

hfc rd
30-12-2013, 07:00 PM
I just want us to do what we have done over the last couple of games. Nothing needs to be changed.

If we're going to hammer them, then we will. But lets not force it. Let the team go about their usual business like they have done over the last couple of games and they won't stand a chance against us.

This.

Jonnyboy
30-12-2013, 08:26 PM

It was 4-1 actually but still painful :wink:

Edit: It was also the following season and we had Roddy 'I've got it, I've got, naw ah've no' McKenzie in goals

Ronniekirk
30-12-2013, 08:32 PM
We want eight and we won't wait :greengrin
Wish all this goal feast Hysteria would translate into last minute ticket rush Everyone already going persuade another one person to get a ticket tomorrow Bit like a chain letter and we might get over 18 ooo in total Pity it wasn't a Full Moon

Hermit Crab
30-12-2013, 09:33 PM
We should win it. Butcher and Petrie know that defeat means then end of the crowds and half season tickets etc.

leggeto
30-12-2013, 10:51 PM
We should win it. Butcher and Petrie know that defeat means then end of the crowds and half season tickets etc.

butcher will know that if you can regularly beat your closest rivals the fans will love you more,its what we all want and big butch will see it done,and if not I hope we got the doors reinforced :-D

Magnifique
31-12-2013, 12:14 AM
butcher will know that if you can regularly beat your closest rivals the fans will love you more,its what we all want and big butch will see it done,and if not I hope we got the doors reinforced :-D

Agreed. I don't have a doubt in my body El Tel will have them fired up and flying an easy win for me.

heretoday
31-12-2013, 06:47 AM
Not happy when Hibs get all bullish before a derby. If TB has them fighting fit they should win but let's not start predicting routs. It's all gone P Tong too many times!

Phil D. Rolls
31-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Jeezus.

"a" win would be fab.

No point in keeping our heads down, any result below 10 - 0 will be cringeworthy. It won't be any better if we pretend we don't care about winning.

Hibbyradge
31-12-2013, 11:03 AM
People suggesting that it will be an easy win are delusional.

It will be a hard battle as usual with Hibs coming out deserved 11 - 0 winners.

There will also be at least one yam sending off.

Hibby D
31-12-2013, 11:08 AM
People suggesting that it will be an easy win are delusional.

It will be a hard battle as usual with Hibs coming out deserved 11 - 0 winners.

There will also be at least one yam sending off.

And 2 of them will be OG's :greengrin

Hibercelona
31-12-2013, 11:09 AM
And 2 of them will be OG's :greengrin

And the other 9 will be 3 Lewis Stevenson hattricks. :cb

Hibs7
31-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Just watched their highlights .. Very shaky defence if we pressure them like we did Kilmarnock they will crack .. Reckon Collins will score :thumbsup:

Hibby D
31-12-2013, 11:13 AM
And the other 9 will be 3 Lewis Stevenson hattricks. :cb

Nae pressure Lewy boy :greengrin

lucky
8 is no longer acceptable we want 10

Craig_in_Prague
Thinking back to the 6-2 game, what a pity they had an outstanding keeper in Niemi playing.
That could have literally been 8 that night, 10, or any other number.

With their current young, brilliant, best in britain team - It's a shame they don't have a donkey in goals. A Malkowski or any other flop like we've had. They could have taken several more thumpings than they have already, McDonald has been good for them and in the main kept most defeats less embarrassing.

As for the game tomorrow, a dominating 2 nil win or so, would be very pleasing and would exceed my expectations. They are the jammiest shower that exist.

theonlywayisup
31-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Let's be honest. In past derbies, they could have played with 11 traffic cones and would probably have still beaten us, such is our luck and confidence in these games. Somehow, I think it could be different on Thursday. I have a good feeling about the game.

Dashing Bob S
31-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Let's be honest. In past derbies, they could have played with 11 traffic cones and would probably have still beaten us, such is our luck and confidence in these games. Somehow, I think it could be different on Thursday. I have a good feeling about the game.

I'm sure they actually did this on the last two occasions we met.

mutley
31-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Just had a funny thought , imagine that as soon as we score, the East reveals a huge banner that says PLEASING

Just Alf
31-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Just had a funny thought , imagine that as soon as we score, the East reveals a huge banner that says PLEASING

Ha ha! That really made me chuckle..... The other guys in the pub are looking at me as if I'm a loony!

Aldo
31-12-2013, 12:06 PM

That would be quality. O and pleasing.

steviehibsleith
31-12-2013, 12:06 PM
2 nil for us Jason Cummings to score

mutley
31-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Probably a bit late to make a banner but maybe that should be the chant when we score, a bit like the old wresting chant for big daddy, instead of EA-SY, we all chant PLEAS-ING .

Bugger me I'm so hyped up for this one now, the single malt is going to get a tanning tonight

Diclonius
31-12-2013, 01:10 PM

It would certainly be better than the flare the away supporters release at every derby without fail.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Don't like the sound of 8, has no resonance.

7 is the Hibernian number. 7 - 0 will do me.

0 - 7 and 7 - 0.

Nice.

Hibbyradge
31-12-2013, 03:49 PM
If we won 6 - 0, they'd never be able to show the 5 - 1 sign again!

SmashinGlass
31-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Just reading Gary Cocke's interview on BBC. Says that the motivation to move into positive points with a win in the derby is huge. Also says (somewhat curiously) that Butcher has come in and put a lot of bigger, stronger players into the team. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the only major change in terms of personnel made by Terry is the recall of Cairney, not a player I'd describe as bigger and stronger.

Does this slavering roaster actually think about what he's saying before he opens his trap?

weonlywon6-2
31-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Just reading Gary Cocke's interview on BBC. Says that the motivation to move into positive points with a win in the derby is huge. Also says (somewhat curiously) that Butcher has come in and put a lot of bigger, stronger players into the team. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the only major change in terms of personnel made by Terry is the recall of Cairney, not a player I'd describe as bigger and stronger.

Does this slavering roaster actually think about what he's saying before he opens his trap?

I saw his comment as well about bigger players,it will be the same team that played them in the cup,almost

Any win will.do me,its a derby after all

weonlywon6-2
31-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Don't like the sound of 8, has no resonance.

7 is the Hibernian number. 7 - 0 will do me.

0 - 7 and 7 - 0.

Nice.

Cant get eight (we wont anyway).my house is number seven, reg plate has 07 in it .,my employee number adds up to 7,my other car reg plate adds up to 7,too many changes for me if we score a lot !!!

GreenLake
31-12-2013, 10:16 PM
0-8 would be great with Rudi Skatalogical watching in the stands in support of the chumps on jambosprickwhack.

yeezus.
31-12-2013, 10:43 PM
The Yams will be pretending this derby doesn't matter to them when the inevitable happens and we put EIGHT ​past them. Can't wait to give these lot a proper doing!

Gerard
31-12-2013, 10:55 PM
The Yams will be pretending this derby doesn't matter to them when the inevitable happens and we put EIGHT ​past them. Can't wait to give these lot a proper doing!

I want Hibs to win. I want to see this happen and Hibs win in style and with dignity. Our neighbours from the west side of town have enjoyed winning the SC 3 times since 2006. The price is still being paid. If they are relegated and that looks set to happen it could be a long stay in the nether regions of Scottish football. They can enjoy their memories of winning the SC and 1-5.
The future is green and white
GGTTH:wink:
PS 7 is still a good No. to me.

yeezus.
01-01-2014, 12:01 AM
I want Hibs to win. I want to see this happen and Hibs win in style and with dignity. Our neighbours from the west side of town have enjoyed winning the SC 3 times since 2006. The price is still being paid. If they are relegated and that looks set to happen it could be a long stay in the nether regions of Scottish football. They can enjoy their memories of winning the SC and 1-5.
The future is green and white
GGTTH:wink:
PS 7 is still a good No. to me.

:aok: I've made far too many trips up from Stranraer to see us lose. I even took my brother and his mate to the last League Cup game guaranteeing them they would see a Hibs win. No messing up this time lads, Butcher's boys will hump them I just don't know how many we will win by!

GRANTON_HIBS
01-01-2014, 12:05 AM
We score first we win, by how many is a guess. I suspect they will defend heavy like they played at Celtic, damage limitation. We get 2 at any point and its over. A pleasing start to the year.

Hermit Crab
01-01-2014, 12:26 AM
Early goal and we'll see it out. Longer it goes 0-0 the more Hear7s will grow in confidence and push for a goal and they might even get one. You just never know.

Fully expect them to park the bus though and attempt to keep it tight instead of them going for it.

Jim Herriot
01-01-2014, 01:26 AM
We want 2014!

Nah, a tad too optimistic...

We want fourteen!

More plausible. Wonder what the odds would be. Happy New year!

NAE NOOKIE
01-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Yeh ... it would be great to win by 5 or 7 or 10 etc, etc.

Its not going to happen. If we win I'll be more than delighted ... if we win by more than one goal I'll be ecstatic.

As someone else posted theres a reason they have had worse results at home than away. They will play 10 behind the ball and 1 up front and we will have to work like mental to get a goal ... the good news is we seem to have learned how to score from corners which could make a difference in this game.

This is not being negative by the way .... Its simply calling the game based on what I have seen from both teams this season. The Yams have won at Pittodrie and restricted celtc to 2 goals away following a humping from them only a few weeks earlier. They also got a decent result away to St Mirren when St Mirren should have been way up for it having just beaten the form team in the PL 4 - 1.

We have had a decent if unspectacular run since Terry Butcher took over during which our strikers have accumulated the sum total of 2 goals in 8 games.

This does not equate to the possibility of us handing out a humping to anybody .. never mind the Yams.

Jim44
01-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Any sort of win will do me. I'm too long in the tooth to think that our relative form and league positions will have any bearing on the result. I don't think I could stand the ignominy of contributing 6 points to their survival attempt. After the ribbing and baiting we've given them in the last 6 months it would be unbearably ironic if we didn't play a part in their inevitable demise. I think we'll win by the odd goal.

sambajustice
01-01-2014, 10:30 PM
At the end of the day (tomorrow) if hearts beat us they are no better off than they were yesterday.

If they dont beat us then they pretty much have to win 6 more games than ross county do before the end of the season, which I think has 19 games to go?

Say Ross County only picked up 6 points between now and the of season then hearts would have to pick up 24 or 8 wins in other words!!!

No chance on 2 counts! 1, RC will pick up more than just 6 more points. 2, hearts will never win 8 games or more.

To overcome this they'd pretty much have to go on a 10 match unbeaten run!!!

They're finished and lets shove it down their throats tomorrow! !!

Phil D. Rolls
02-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Cant get eight (we wont anyway).my house is number seven, reg plate has 07 in it .,my employee number adds up to 7,my other car reg plate adds up to 7,too many changes for me if we score a lot !!!

What's your bank PIN number?:greengrin

Aldo
02-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Any sort of win will do me. I'm too long in the tooth to think that our relative form and league positions will have any bearing on the result. I don't think I could stand the ignominy of contributing 6 points to their survival attempt. After the ribbing and baiting we've given them in the last 6 months it would be unbearably ironic if we didn't play a part in their inevitable demise. I think we'll win by the odd goal.

I'm with you on this one J44. Any sort of win will do me but I would really like a convincing one??