PDA

View Full Version : That's the best we've played in ages!!

California-Hibs
29-12-2013, 04:12 PM
What a performance, everyone in the starting 11 today played their part, each to a man, with a certain few being outstanding!

I'm gonna start by singling out Lewis Stevenson. I've been a huge critic of Lewis, constantly frustraighted with him, but today....wow, where the heck did that come from?! What a goal and on another day he could have had a hat trick! Terrific energy.

Next, Paul Cairney, again a brilliant finish by Paul today, but he was more direct today than by previous weeks and things came off for him, a great corner for Hanlons goal.

Scott Robertson - a vital ingredient to our midfield. Has good ability, a willingness to get forward and a good range of passing.

Hanlon was a rock all afternoon, he's been so accomplished with Nelson in beside him. Another goal from a corner! 3 in the last 2 games! Crazy.

Those 4 for me were Heros, but honestly, from Collins running to Forsters willingness to overlap, we were just great!

When was the last time we won a league game 3-0? Especially at Easter Road, I'm interested to know!

jonny
29-12-2013, 04:18 PM
What a performance, everyone in the starting 11 today played their part, each to a man, with a certain few being outstanding!

I'm gonna start by singling out Lewis Stevenson. I've been a huge critic of Lewis, constantly frustraighted with him, but today....wow, where the heck did that come from?! What a goal and on another day he could have had a hat trick! Terrific energy.

Next, Paul Cairney, again a brilliant finish by Paul today, but he was more direct today than by previous weeks and things came off for him, a great corner for Hanlons goal.

Scott Robertson - a vital ingredient to our midfield. Has good ability, a willingness to get forward and a good range of passing.

Hanlon was a rock all afternoon, he's been so accomplished with Nelson in beside him. Another goal from a corner! 3 in the last 2 games! Crazy.

Those 4 for me were Heros, but honestly, from Collins running to Forsters willingness to overlap, we were just great!

When was the last time we won a league game 3-0? Especially at Easter Road, I'm interested to know!

6/10/2012 at home V Dundee

jonny
29-12-2013, 04:20 PM
The last time we won in the league by 3 or more clear goals was 26/10/2012 away to Motherwell, beat them 4-0

Stantons Angel
29-12-2013, 10:37 PM

That came from a player playing with confidence with the teams supporters "supporting" the team!

All season he has been constantly singled out for a slagging no matter how well he plays. With a few decent results the boo boys are off his back and the whole team has a bit confidence back. It just goes to show what that wee bit of confidence does to the team.

Your right though, he could have had a hat trick but im sure the reception he got for his goal from the fans will be enough to start with!

Support him and he wont let you down!!

Well done Lewis!

jacomo
30-12-2013, 09:10 AM

I remember your diatribe against Stevenson, hysterical nonsense that it was. Should never wear the shirt again, wasn't it?

Maybe next time you are tempted to slate a player based on what you've seen on a low quality Internet feed to California, stop and take a breather first eh?

Hibercelona
30-12-2013, 09:17 AM
I remember your diatribe against Stevenson, hysterical nonsense that it was. Should never wear the shirt again, wasn't it?

Maybe next time you are tempted to slate a player based on what you've seen on a low quality Internet feed to California, stop and take a breather first eh?

Simmer down. He's about 1 in 1000 of the clueless bunch who consistantly slated Stevenson on here.

Everybody misjudges somebody at some point and I very much doubt you're perfect yourself.

jacomo
30-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Simmer down. He's about 1 in 1000 of the clueless bunch who consistantly slated Stevenson on here.

Everybody misjudges somebody at some point and I very much doubt you're perfect yourself.

You're just echoing what I said. I'm all for diverse opinions but not from people who don't even attend games and slag a player even when those who were at the match report that they had a good game.

BTW my opinion is always flawless. :wink:

hibseleven
30-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Thought Lewis played well and quite keen to see Forster progress at right back. I think he might turn out to be a good player there.

JMac
30-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Thought Hanlon was MOTM yesterday. He was absolutely faultless. Shout out to Forster as well as he had a really solid game playing out of position. Stevenson had the best game of his career yesterday as far as I'm concerned. Not only was he a big threat going forward but he covered for McGivern a lot if Ryan wanted to go forward. Williams, Nelson, Craig and Cairney were solid also. Robertson has been our best player this season by a mile and again yesterday he was really good. Would just love to see him chip in with a few more goals. Cummings looks promising, I think he needs a goal though to help him settle. For me, jury is still out on Collins, he hasn't really impressed me at any point this season. Few glimmers but not much. Overall though, the best performance by hibs at Easter Road in a LONG time. Will mean nothing though unless we best hearts.

hibseleven
30-12-2013, 04:47 PM
I like Collins but seems at times to need too many touches to get it under and then get the pass away. Was a lot better with his crossfield ball to Stevenson for his goal.