PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson

dp00
29-12-2013, 03:55 PM
How many chances did he have today? Deserved his goal

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Aldo
29-12-2013, 03:59 PM
There are quite a few on here eating humble pie in recent weeks after giving Lewis a hard time week in week out. I hope those who did have the baws to praise him.

Dibben
29-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Had a very good game today. As above deserved his goal.

Take a bow Lewis!

hibee_girl
29-12-2013, 04:03 PM
He was my MOM today, he got forward well, he covered for McGivern when he went forward, his goal was brilliant and his performance deserved a goal today.

ozzie
29-12-2013, 04:05 PM
He could have had a hatrick today on every shot was a cracker. Take a bow son.

oconnors_strip
29-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Lewis deserved his goal so much today, had about 4 shots on target before that. His work rate is not going unnoticed

Well done Lewis!!!!!

Bostonhibby
29-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Have always been a fan of Lewis because when many around him appear not to try a leg he has been there doing it, giving his all regardless, often out of position or undeservedly getting the stick on the back of yet another bad result. What we are seeing now is good management of a player being used to his strengths.

Yet another manager picking him every week, must have something, well done son. Example to many.

Pretty Boy
29-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Thought he played really well.

Definitely looks happier in midfield and seems to be allowed to get forward far more now.

Good on him.

CallumLaidlaw
29-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Had a few good efforts. Thoroughly deserved his goal. Looked confident. He always has great work rate, and is a solid 7/10 most weeks, but was superb today

GreenArmyyy!
29-12-2013, 04:18 PM
What an incredible performance by Lewis, he could easily have had a hat-trick.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Thought he was outstnding! Thoroughly deserved his goal too.

Hibbyradge
29-12-2013, 04:20 PM
To run that distance at full pelt in the last minute when the team is 2 -0 up, speaks volumes about that man's commitment and desire.

To be able to control the pass then score from 20 yards is frigging heroic.

Wotherspiniesta
29-12-2013, 04:21 PM
I've been one of those critical of Lewis. TBH, my frustrations were more of him playing in an advanced position, which I've stated a few times. However, if he can chip in with a few goals this season, I'll be delighted to be proved wrong about him playing LM. Well done today wee man :aok:

hibbymick
29-12-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm no fan of Lewis but thats the best game I've seen him play. Well done.

The_Horde
29-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Never good enough to play for hibs consistently.

Aldo
29-12-2013, 04:26 PM
;3847765"]Never good enough to play for hibs consistently.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

B.H.F.C
29-12-2013, 04:27 PM
There are quite a few on here eating humble pie in recent weeks after giving Lewis a hard time week in week out. I hope those who did have the baws to praise him.

I'm one of those who has given him stick in the past. He played very well today and had more efforts on goal today than he has had all season.

It's not about eating humble pie. It's about giving praise where due. His goal today doesn't change the criticism he's had in the past. He's been criticised for not providing enough attacking threat and that has been entirely justified in the past. The stats show it. However there is nobody that doesn't want him to do well. I hope he scores every time he goes on the pitch. If he keeps bursting a gut to get in to the box and having a dig when he gets the chance more goals will come.

brog
29-12-2013, 04:28 PM
He just likes playing against Killie! Apart from LC final I remember him setting up a goal at Rugby Park by going on a mazy run along the bye line & cutting back for Fletch. IIRC Golden Shower was sent off that day as well!

Bostonhibby
29-12-2013, 04:30 PM
;3847765']Never good enough to play for hibs consistently.

And I see you have a model of consistency in your Avatar :wink: Gie the boy a break

Brightside
29-12-2013, 04:32 PM
His crossing may be poor at time, but his work rate is astounding compared to most SPL players. Deserved the goal but i'd still have him at LB rather than LM. Well done Lewis.

Oscar T Grouch
29-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Great that wee Lewis scored today. MotM today without. Doubt, thought the crowd and teams reaction to him scoring was great. Well done son, take a bow.

TrinityHibs
29-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Lewis was outstanding today. MoM by a distance.

RickyS
29-12-2013, 04:39 PM
I'm one of those who has given him stick in the past. He played very well today and had more efforts on goal today than he has had all season.

It's not about eating humble pie. It's about giving praise where due. His goal today doesn't change the criticism he's had in the past. He's been criticised for not providing enough attacking threat and that has been entirely justified in the past. The stats show it. However there is nobody that doesn't want him to do well. I hope he scores every time he goes on the pitch. If he keeps bursting a gut to get in to the box and having a dig when he gets the chance more goals will come.

i agree with this, one swallow does not make a summer, I would love that type of performance to become the "norm"; I hope its a case of Butcher and Malpas getting more out of him than other managers did. I have nowt against the lad at all.

Diclonius
29-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Lewis was ****ing brilliant.

gringojoe
29-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Best game I've seen him have. Hope he passes the drug test!

Viva_Palmeiras
29-12-2013, 04:45 PM

And we can argue with stats right, cos stats take into account the role players are given and whether then stick to what's asked of them? I think Lewis has suffered from the merri-go-round and his versatility and its a credit to him that he's still got the desire as it would have been drained out of most players. Time will tell if the above is disingenuous pish or not.

J-C
29-12-2013, 04:46 PM
I said it for months when all around were having digs, play him in his natural position and you'll see the best come out in him, not rocket science playing playing in their proper positions. :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
29-12-2013, 04:48 PM
I think credit is also due to the selfless display of Collins who could have had a pop himself but waited to draw the defender away from Lewis to give him room before delivering the perfect pass.

TheReg!
29-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Lewis was MoM for me, a lad next to me said that Lewis and Ryan are Hibs worst players......Mental!
Sooo happy he got a goal today, might put a wee bet on him scoring on Thursday.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Much prefer him at right back, as Forster cant play right back apparently.

HiBremian
29-12-2013, 04:50 PM
His crossing may be poor at time, but his work rate is astounding compared to most SPL players. Deserved the goal but i'd still have him at LB rather than LM. Well done Lewis.

Opinions, eh? Think you're wrong there, though. One of the strengths today was the way Lewis and Paul McG covered for each other as one attacked. Flexibility between the two of them added to the team effort down our left.

hibee_girl
29-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Lewis was MoM for me, a lad next to me said that Lewis and Ryan are Hibs worst players......Mental!

Today was the first time in months I didn't put money on him scoring :greengrin

Hibercelona
29-12-2013, 04:57 PM
He has pace and the ability to get passed players when he plays with confidence. Butcher will get the best out of him, then more people will see that he isn't just there to make up the 11th man.

J-C
29-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Much prefer him at right back, as Forster cant play right back apparently.

Yea what do we the armchair fans know.............obviously a lot more than PF did anyway lol

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Yea what do we the armchair fans know.............obviously a lot more than PF did anyway lol

Why would anyone want a balanced back 4, with players comfortable on the ball going forward?:agree:

Fife-Hibee
29-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Well done Lewis, f...ing magic son !!

Brightside
29-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Why would anyone want a balanced back 4, with players comfortable on the ball going forward?:agree:

it will never catch on... Hanlon for Scotland now. :aok:

B.H.F.C
29-12-2013, 05:06 PM
And we can argue with stats right, cos stats take into account the role players are given and whether then stick to what's asked of them? I think Lewis has suffered from the merri-go-round and his versatility and its a credit to him that he's still got the desire as it would have been drained out of most players. Time will tell if the above is disingenuous pish or not.

Of course you take things like that in to account. And in doing so, 1 goal in 200 odd games is still a poor return. Great sympathy for him when he was playing right back which I thought was diabolical management.

As I said in my original post he played very well today and thoroughly deserved his goal.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2013, 05:07 PM
it will never catch on... Hanlon for Scotland now. :aok:

Tick tock. :greengrin

down-the-slope
29-12-2013, 05:07 PM
To run that distance at full pelt in the last minute when the team is 2 -0 up, speaks volumes about that man's commitment and desire.

To be able to control the pass then score from 20 yards is frigging heroic.

:agree: completely and absolutely correct......But why oh why did he have to choose today to put it together like that....my brother now needs therapy to recover

2-0 up and about to trouser £198 from a Hanlon first scorer 2-0 double and having survived peeing his breeks for 14 minutes from the second goal and 115 seconds of ET....he goes and bursts the net and the coupon with virtually the last kick of the ball

:faint::grr::grr::grr::fuming::fuming::faf:

bingo70
29-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Delighted for him.

I've been critical of him in the past as he doesn't look dangerous enough but today he could have had three or four and was also excellent covering Mcgivern.

Hanlon was my motm but Stevenson probably edged it from him due to him scoring finally, fingers crossed he takes confidence from that and starts to score more often.

29-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Came close a couple of times today, so deserved the goal in the end.

Well done Lewis :thumbsup:

Seveno
29-12-2013, 05:13 PM
I was totally delighted for wee Lewis today and cheered like I haven't done for a long time. He had a great game and deserved it for all his near misses alone.

What people don't get about Lewis is that, while he does make a few mistakes, it is because he is in loved much more than most of the other players. He works incredibly hard, and despite what the moaning idiot behind me said today, he can pass a good ball.

Can the moaners get off his back now ?

Thecat23
29-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Was the best player on the park today by a mile. Great runs, good passing and to have the energy to sprint like he did for his goal was unreal. What a finish as well.

Well done Lewis, outstanding performance today!

hfc rd
29-12-2013, 05:27 PM
I personally think that was his best performance since the 2007 cup final. He was outstanding today! Deserved that goal at the end and on another day, he could and should have had a deserved hattrick.

stoneyburn hibs
29-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Delighted that he scored, put in a great shift.

greenlex
29-12-2013, 05:32 PM
More shots today than his whole Hibs career. 3 on target tae. Tick a boo son.

frazeHFC
29-12-2013, 05:38 PM
He has been brilliant recently and today in particular he was excellent. Thoroughly deserved his goal, place went mental when it went in! :not worth

Sir David Gray
29-12-2013, 05:41 PM
He was outstanding today.

Man of the match by quite some distance and fully deserved that goal.

Northernhibee
29-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Harris is going to have to earn his place in the team again which is briliant. Brings all the more competition.

Purehibee_MYB
29-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Absolutely outstanding today. More of the same please Lewis!

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
29-12-2013, 05:49 PM

I thought he was poor against county but he definitely deserved his goal today. Very good finish to a well worked move.

O'Rourke3
29-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Paul Hanlon was my MOM for his goal, then Lewis pops up right at the end. Great performance, let's hope we start the year the same way we finished it :flag:

Taz_hibee
29-12-2013, 05:52 PM
He was outstanding today.

Man of the match by quite some distance and fully deserved that goal.

Agree 100%, superb today and in last couple of games! keep it up Lewis and a wee goal against the Jambos will do nicely

hibsbollah
29-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Harris is going to have to earn his place in the team again which is briliant. Brings all the more competition.

Interesting point. Stevenson and Harris are totally different players with totally different skills, but at the moment are both fighting for the wide left position. So do you move Lewis again? Or do you play one or the other based on how attacking you want to be on any given matchday? Also worth remembering that Harris was on a very poor run of form when that thug Hutchinson did him, I hope expectations arent too high for the boys comeback.

hibsbollah
29-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Agree 100%, superb today and in last couple of games! keep it up Lewis and a wee goal against the Jambos will do nicely

Lewis ALWAYS seems to play well against Hertz, even when we get beat.

Aldo
29-12-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm one of those who has given him stick in the past. He played very well today and had more efforts on goal today than he has had all season. It's not about eating humble pie. It's about giving praise where due. His goal today doesn't change the criticism he's had in the past. He's been criticised for not providing enough attacking threat and that has been entirely justified in the past. The stats show it. However there is nobody that doesn't want him to do well. I hope he scores every time he goes on the pitch. If he keeps bursting a gut to get in to the box and having a dig when he gets the chance more goals will come.

Maybe humble pie was the wrong phrase but agree about praise where praise is due. Folk quick enough to point the finger when he is poor.

But you got the gist of what I meant.

Northernhibee
29-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Interesting point. Stevenson and Harris are totally different players with totally different skills, but at the moment are both fighting for the wide left position. So do you move Lewis again? Or do you play one or the other based on how attacking you want to be on any given matchday? Also worth remembering that Harris was on a very poor run of form when that thug Hutchinson did him, I hope expectations arent too high for the boys comeback.

You certainly couldn't drop Cairney or Lewis on merit just now.

jdships
29-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Proved once again , if he really needed to, that he is the model professional .
Has never complained when dropped , criticised others or written nonsense newspaper articles.
Just gone about his job and has now made 200 appearances for the club
WELL DONE STEVIE
" YOUR MY FAVOURITE !!!!!!!!!!"

:flag::top marks:thumbsup:

Alfred E Newman
29-12-2013, 06:03 PM

Ridiculous post.

SunshineOnLeith
29-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Our best two performers today were two players who have been much maligned throughout their Hibs careers, but consistently picked by successive managers, more so in Lewis' case. Thought Paul Hanlon was the best player on the pitch, but Lewis was excellent and I don't think there will be a more popular goal scored at Easter Road all season, genuine delight all round for a well earned strike.

theonlywayisup
29-12-2013, 06:17 PM

Well, it's not rocket science. He is hardly going to going to provide an attacking threat when he is played at right back or left back most of his career or when his manager seems to prefer him as a defensive midfielder. The last two games, Terry has pushed him much further forward. Gosh, he is almost being played as a deep lying winger a la John Robertson (the Nottingham Forest one).

I thought today his display was one of the best that I have seen at ER for a long long time. He deserves credit for what he achieved today. Yes, there will be 'one swallow doesn't make a summer' comments, but I would rather focus on the positives and say "well done, son".

The reaction of the fans and the team when he scored was brilliant.

PeterboroHibee
29-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Im a big fan of Stevenson and was delighted for him today, as were the majority of the fan base with the celebration of his goal.

Overall I thought the team performance was very good, but I thought Stevenson showed that extra composure that a lot of the other players still lack. His first instinct when getting the ball wasnt to boot it, he took his time to look for an option, and apart from a few slack passes, I thought he was effective in the final third - he was making space and putting balls into the box, and his ball to Collins (who blasted it over) early on was a lovely pass.

His work rate was also phenomenal, he was up and down the pitch all game (including covering for McGivern), and his desire to break forward at the end of the game to have a couple of shots is something that should be appreciated.

scoopyboy
29-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Well, it's not rocket science. He is hardly going to going to provide an attacking threat when he is played at right back or left back most of his career or when his manager seems to prefer him as a defensive midfielder. The last two games, Terry has pushed him much further forward. Gosh, he is almost being played as a deep lying winger a la John Robertson (the Nottingham Forest one).

I thought today his display was one of the best that I have seen at ER for a long long time. He deserves credit for what he achieved today. Yes, there will be 'one swallow doesn't make a summer' comments, but I would rather focus on the positives and say "well done, son".

The reaction of the fans and the team when he scored was brilliant.

I agree to an extent about attacking threat from right back (barely a handful of games) or left back but he has played a lot of games in midfield as well. However in my opinion that was his best game in a Hibs jersey.

I've never seen him so positive in his play and looks much more purposeful since the change of management. Whilst always acknowledging his work rate and the fact he is a dedicated professional I have been critical of what he brings to the midfield in the past but if he keeps that up he could be a mainstay of the team.

Well done Lewis.

brog
29-12-2013, 06:50 PM
I agree to an extent about attacking threat from right back (barely a handful of games) or left back but he has played a lot of games in midfield as well. However in my opinion that was his best game in a Hibs jersey.

I've never seen him so positive in his play and looks much more purposeful since the change of management. Whilst always acknowledging his work rate and the fact he is a dedicated professional I have been critical of what he brings to the midfield in the past but if he keeps that up he could be a mainstay of the team.

Well done Lewis.

Couldnt agree more, the X factor in sport is confidence & it looks as if that has finally rubbed off on Lewis. Being played regularly in your proper position is a great help as is knowing you're 1st choice rather than a stop gap for anyone who's injured or suspended. My main frustration with Lewis has been that I've always thought, from schoolboy days, that he had tremendous natural talent but that, after LC final he never really imposed himself on opponents, rather he took the easy option often passing the ball to players with only a fraction of his ability. If he can now play the way we all hoped this will be like signing a new player. I'm so pleased to say, well done Lewis!

Hedlund12
29-12-2013, 06:51 PM
I was totally delighted for wee Lewis today and cheered like I haven't done for a long time.

You and me both... well chuffed for Lewis today.
I wish others would take a leaf out of his book in having a pop at goal ...... BUT to end on a positive - confidence is growing which great to see.

kaimendhibs
29-12-2013, 06:53 PM
He was mom by a mile today and could have scored more. Brilliant ovation for his goal. Well done son

Sent from my iphone

brog
29-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Couldnt agree more, the X factor in sport is confidence & it looks as if that has finally rubbed off on Lewis. Being played regularly in your proper position is a great help as is knowing you're 1st choice rather than a stop gap for anyone who's injured or suspended. My main frustration with Lewis has been that I've always thought, from schoolboy days, that he had tremendous natural talent but that, after LC final he never really imposed himself on opponents, rather he took the easy option often passing the ball to players with only a fraction of his ability. If he can now play the way we all hoped this will be like signing a new player. I'm so pleased to say, well done Lewis!

Oh & PS, his goal means we are no longer lowest scorers in the league but we now do have 2nd best defence.

MagicSwirlingShip
29-12-2013, 07:10 PM
I've not celebrated a goal like that in a long time:thumbsup:

Well done Louis, if it wasn't for Hanlon strolling through the game you would have been a stick on for Man of the Match!:agree:

Great to see two home grown players maturing into accomplished pro's after some difficult times. Kick on boys!

EdinMike
29-12-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm a big fan of wee Lewis, and working nightshift last night; and still having full intentions of going today... I overslept !

I've missed both of his goals now ! I hope somewhere down the line I'm not still saying "Ive never seen Lewis Stevenson score a goal for Hibs.."

Over to you Lewis ! What a great end to the year for him too, 200 appearances and a goal to boot !

Tyler Durden
29-12-2013, 07:21 PM

I've seen this mentioned a few times now that Harris was in poor form prior to his injury. It's not accurate IMO.

He looked poor against Malmo at ER but then who didn't? In the Well game, the first league game, he was by far our biggest threat and was involved in the majority of our positive play. So it's very harsh to suggest he was off form.

When he's fit he should start, absolutely no question IMO. It'd be brilliant if the guys in possession of the jerseys make that a tough decision for Butcher though and credit to them both for getting amongst the goals today - long overdue

Onceinawhile
29-12-2013, 07:23 PM
He played really well today and fully deserved his goal. Delighted for him. Now seen both lewis' goals, both good efforts.

Squealing pig
29-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Well done lewis keep it up wee man

Ronniekirk
29-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Was delighted for him and it was clear he has been told to get forward. And shoot .So the management team have probably been working on that aspect of his game the same way they have with corners and getting defenders to score with Headers If they can now translate this to the forwards we will be top six in no time.But current strikers still don't look like doing the Business but suppose can't be too greedy that will come but may need new face in

PeterboroHibee
29-12-2013, 07:31 PM
I've seen this mentioned a few times now that Harris was in poor form prior to his injury. It's not accurate IMO.

He looked poor against Malmo at ER but then who didn't? In the Well game, the first league game, he was by far our biggest threat and was involved in the majority of our positive play. So it's very harsh to suggest he was off form.

When he's fit he should start, absolutely no question IMO. It'd be brilliant if the guys in possession of the jerseys make that a tough decision for Butcher though and credit to them both for getting amongst the goals today - long overdue

Having 3 fairly different wingers is a good problem for Butcher to have, and I could see Harris (at least when he comes back) coming off the bench as more of an impact sub with his pace. The thing I think will work in Stevensons favour is that he makes the left more solid as well as starting to add things going forward. McGivern is a bit suspect on occasions but Lewis reads the game well and knows when he needs to cover for him, whereas I dont think Forster needs as much help on the right.

edwards
29-12-2013, 07:44 PM

Now now young man you will be shot down in flames for speaking your mind on here talking about the chosen one like that, I do admit he had a fair game today and his crosses were more adventure's and got a bit of luck with his goal as it came back of the post and i will give credit were credit is due. So well done Lewis still think he is keeping Harris's position warm until he comes back though.

Seveno
29-12-2013, 07:51 PM
I was totally delighted for wee Lewis today and cheered like I haven't done for a long time. He had a great game and deserved it for all his near misses alone.

What people don't get about Lewis is that, while he does make a few mistakes, it is because he is in loved much more than most of the other players. He works incredibly hard, and despite what the moaning idiot behind me said today, he can pass a good ball.

Can the moaners get off his back now ?

Now now young man you will be shot down in flames for speaking your mind on here talking about the chosen one like that, I do admit he had a fair game today and his crosses were more adventure's and got a bit of luck with his goal as it came back of the post and i will give credit were credit is due. So well done Lewis still think he is keeping Harris's position warm until he comes back though.

What a mean spirited way of congratulating a first class performance by a player that gives his all for our club.

Hiber-nation
29-12-2013, 07:52 PM

Aye very good. Lewis won't be losing his place to Harris on that form. Cairney is the one who needs to improve. Hopefully the goal will have given him a bit of confidence.

MM and TB must have been giving Lewis double sessions on shooting and crossing. Great to see, well done Lewis.

Northernhibee
29-12-2013, 07:55 PM

Lewis was near flawless today and deserves better than that.

The Harp
29-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Absolutely delighted for Lewis. Another fine performance and a cracking goal.
Looks like he's upset some of his detractors - great!!!:aok:
Same again on Thursday night please wee man.:flag:

TornadoHibby
29-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Have always been a fan of Lewis because when many around him appear not to try a leg he has been there doing it, giving his all regardless, often out of position or undeservedly getting the stick on the back of yet another bad result. What we are seeing now is good management of a player being used to his strengths.

Yet another manager picking him every week, must have something, well done son. Example to many.

:top marks

Agreed 100%

tamig
29-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Poor comments. Very poor.

Spike Mandela
29-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Not his biggest fan but he was great today and took his goal superbly. If he can keep his scoring streak going on Thursday I will start his official legend fan club!

Saorsa
29-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Lewis's performance today pleases me greatly, always had far more stick than he's ever deserved. Well done son, what a goal :thumbsup::thumbsup:

...WentToMowAnSPL
29-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Lewis's performance today pleases me greatly, always had far more stick than he's ever deserved. Well done son, what a goal :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Totally loved his goal we all knew where it was going ... Great celebrations

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Why would anyone want a balanced back 4, with players comfortable on the ball going forward?:agree::faf: Pathetic.

DTS
29-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Best player on the park by a country mile, was delighted for him when he scored and just his general confidence especially when going forward was excellent to see on many occasions today he was the furthest forward player. His crosses and shots where all of very good standard today

Purehibee_MYB
29-12-2013, 08:59 PM

Perfect example of a backhanded compliment. Dunno how you can say his goal was lucky, and how when he is one of our best players today you say he'll be out of the team soon. Some people just have a vendetta against some players

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

The_Horde
29-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Can't wait for stevensons testimonial. Fully deserved, great wee player. Wears his heart on his sleeve and actually has a bit of pace he doesn't get enough credit for.

DaveF
29-12-2013, 09:02 PM
I've been fairly critical of Stevenson in the past but you simply have to give great credit for a fantastic performance today. Both in attack and defence he was excellent and for me was up there for MotM with Hanlon and Nelson (who both strolled through the game)

Well done Lewis - Great game :top marks

PatHead
29-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Great performance Lewis, start giving that attacking threat on a regular basis now starting on Thursday. We have needed an attacking threat for a while.

wookie70
29-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Well done Lewis. Well deserved goal for a player who has been Mr Reliable. I had Hanlon as my MOTM and said to my son that it was a toss up between him and Lewis but Hanlon edged it due to the goal. 2 seconds later and I changed my mind when Lewis rattled in the third. As a long term supporter of Lewis and Paul I was delighted to see them getting very well deserved goals and equally happy with the warmth shown by the crowd and their fellow players after they scored. Lewis' goal in particular was a really nice ER moment.

lucky
29-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Good thing Stevenson and Hanlon have come through the Hibs youth system and now are established 1st team players and producing the goods. Our players will perform if we continue to support them

hfc rd
29-12-2013, 09:38 PM

Jeez! I think you must have been the only Hibs fan in the ground today, that didn't cheer when Stevenson hit a very nice shot that gave Samson no chance. That was Stevenson's best ever performance since the 2007 cup final. If he continues to play like that on a regular basis, then Terry Butcher simply ain't going to drop him.

Aldo
29-12-2013, 09:46 PM

Is there any need. The guy has a cracking game and bang.

Bostonhibby
29-12-2013, 10:14 PM

Wow, grudging recognition of the guys efforts today, maybe he will have a stinker against the yam to restore some balance for you.

Dinnae see any point in the remark about Harris's position. On a day where the guy did well recognition of that alone is what I'd have expected from a hibs supporter.

wee Stevie
29-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Had a good game willing to take shots how things have changed under butcher, great professional for hibs yes has his week points but will always but in a shift for the team.

Stantons Angel
29-12-2013, 10:18 PM

What an absolute load of bollocks!!!

This is the first time in ages that any positive thread on Lewis has been carried for so many posts. Then we get someone bent of stirring things up and saying utter crap like this. Harris and Lewis are two very different style of players and i really don't think they should be compared!

As for keeping Harris's place warm, for goodness, if you cant post something positive on a positive thread then don't post at all!

Too long this laddie has taken all the crap that posters on this forum throw at him and he still gives his all for the jersey. Today he played out of his skin, the reaction to his goal showed that everyone appreciated the effort he had put in to the game.

He has obviously been told to shoot as he gets near the box and to get himself into forward positions and with his renewed confidence he is thriving in his role in the team.

I personally was so so pleased for Lewis and the reception from the fans was exceptional. On Boxing Day up at Dingwall he was spraying passes left right and center and put in a great shift again.

Well done Lewis you showed them pal.!

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2013, 10:20 PM
:faf: Pathetic.

WHOOSH. :faf:

Jonnyboy
29-12-2013, 10:21 PM

I'm assuming your winking smilie didn't work, given your later post, copied below or maybe that second post was your attempt at sarcasm

I keep reading on here that there are er5es amongst the Hibs support so thanks for providing proof

;3848306']Can't wait for stevensons testimonial. Fully deserved, great wee player. Wears his heart on his sleeve and actually has a bit of pace he doesn't get enough credit for.

Lewis deserves all the plaudits today as do Butcher and Malpas who have him pushing forward more than he has ever done in the past.

pacorosssco
29-12-2013, 10:58 PM
i have never enjoyed seeing a hibs player score today more than lewis. justice was done. great goal

Baader
29-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Just goes to show the difference a manager makes. Lewis would not even be thinking about shooting under some of the previous ones. Great to see

Hibbyradge
29-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Bloke behind me doing my head in again.

When Lewis did something well or competently, silence.

On the few occasions when it didn't work out for him; "he is sheite; eh" or "he's definitely Hibs' worse player".

Silence when he scored too.

Clown.

Shrekko
29-12-2013, 11:35 PM
This is the icing on the cake for a guy that's consistently one of our 4/5 best players virtually every game the past 2 years. Even if he can start chipping in with 3/4 a season or at least keep taking a few pot-shots then he becomes an even more rounded player.

It's amazing how this always has to be an argument though. Why can't his fans and also the folk who maybe doubted him when he wasn't progressing as well as we'd hoped a few years ago just enjoy the fact that he's playing well? It's almost a guarantee that you'll have folk stating either;

'that'll have the doubters eating humble pie'

Or

'he still shouldn't be starting every week'

Onwards and upwards for Lewis, although I do think suggestions that he has ever been an actual target for boo boys is grossly exaggerated.

Greenheart
29-12-2013, 11:41 PM
You are having a laugh only hibs player in recent years to give 100% no matter what shows what playing for the jersey means always Hibs class. Unlike you.

The_Horde
29-12-2013, 11:41 PM
I'm assuming your winking smilie didn't work, given your later post, copied below or maybe that second post was your attempt at sarcasm

I keep reading on here that there are er5es amongst the Hibs support so thanks for providing proof

Lewis deserves all the plaudits today as do Butcher and Malpas who have him pushing forward more than he has ever done in the past.

First post was indeed a fishing trip. Can't remember being so happy for a player to score ever! Deserved it too.

Leishy1995
29-12-2013, 11:53 PM
I was at work and celebrated when I heard Stevenson had scored the final goal with a 5 stevensons chant. He's a good player who has improved by the looks of it no end under butcher. Good luck to the guy taking that place from him.

soda70
29-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Lewis was outstanding today, made several excellent passes, run his heart out, and scored a well deserved great goal to end the best performance by the team for long time. Lewis was my MoM.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
29-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Delighted for him - really good cheer when he scored today :top marks

Top pro and seems to finding some real good form - hopefully can keep it up :thumbsup:

monktonharp
30-12-2013, 12:29 AM
quite a lot of comments about wee Lewis on his performance against Killie, and most are pretty good. he had a fantastic day imho. I kept saying to folk around me....looks like he'll never score! because he could have had a hatrick yesterday! he ended up proving me wrong, with a great goal, and I do admit that he was never one of my favourite players. he had a fantastic game and we finished up with a score that we deserved because of him and a couple of others. well done Lewis Stevenson.

Hibernianinc
30-12-2013, 12:31 AM

You, sir, are a fool.

Please name one other Hibs player in the lat 10 years who'd have made a run like that in the 91st min?

I say again. Fool.

Fergus52
30-12-2013, 02:02 AM
I was at work and celebrated when I heard Stevenson had scored the final goal with a 5 stevensons chant. He's a good player who has improved by the looks of it no end under butcher. Good luck to the guy taking that place from him.

I love that chant :greengrin

Barney McGrew
30-12-2013, 03:20 AM
got a bit of luck with his goal as it came back of the post.

Behave yourself. Nothing lucky about it at all, it was perfectly placed inside the far post.

Weststandwanab
30-12-2013, 03:50 AM
More shots today than his whole Hibs career. 3 on target tae. Tick a boo son.Great to read that.

Now now young man you will be shot down in flames for speaking your mind on here talking about the chosen one like that, I do admit he had a fair game today and his crosses were more adventure's and got a bit of luck with his goal as it came back of the post and i will give credit were credit is due. So well done Lewis still think he is keeping Harris's position warm until he comes back though.Having read the entire thread that seems a stupid comment.

You are having a laugh only hibs player in recent years to give 100% no matter what shows what playing for the jersey means always Hibs class. Unlike you. I could not agree more well done Lewis.

Hibs07p
30-12-2013, 04:12 AM
Every manager we've had since Collins era has found a place for Lewis, which says a lot for his consistency and effort, and at last we have a manager that has given him the confidence to have a go when the opportunity arises. For too long, Lewis has been the player to do every one elses donkey work, and to pass it to some one else in the final third. The opposition knew that, so didn't worry too much when he had the ball. The opposition now have another player to worry about when he gets forward, hopefully freeing up space elsewhere. I was truly delighted for Lewis when his shot hit the back of the net.

GGTTH

spike220
30-12-2013, 05:30 AM
Bloody Hell - How good did Lewis look!! He looked like a new signing, I don't know what they have done to him, but I like it. He looked like a real handful going forward, why has nobody bothered to use him in this way before we will never know, on that performance he looks like the AM we have missing for so long!!

Well done wee man!

GGTTH

Biggie
30-12-2013, 05:51 AM
Delighted for him - really good cheer when he scored today :top marks

Top pro and seems to finding some real good form - hopefully can keep it up :thumbsup:

This....also great to see him bombing down the pitch late in the game, with a great finish as well.
Well done young man.

allezsauzee
30-12-2013, 07:38 AM
At this rate we're going to have to find a man to fill the position of scapegoat

bingo70
30-12-2013, 07:53 AM
I don't.get where this idea comes from that Stevenson is picked on by the hibs fans? There's normally me and a few others criticizing him on here after games but we're generally in the minority.

In games he certainly doesn't get a hard time, maybe the odd grumble of frustration but everyone appreciates his work rate. Certainly doesn't get anywhere near the stick the likes of Colin nish, Rowan vine, Kujabi etc got

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2013, 08:29 AM
WHOOSH. :faf:No.

Jim44
30-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Stevenson's goal according to BBC Scottish news this morning goes into the record book as the last goal of 2013 in top flight football. Recognition at last, Lewis. :-)

Onceinawhile
30-12-2013, 08:35 AM
at this rate we're going to have to find a man to fill the position of scapegoat

otj.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2013, 09:04 AM
No.

Explain?

Bostonhibby
30-12-2013, 09:35 AM
At this rate we're going to have to find a man to fill the position of scapegoat

Am pretty sure we could get McHattie or MacGowan from the yam for next to nothing in the next window then the scapegoat role will have finally been filled with a player worthy of the title, truly awful players, scapegoats of the future.:greengrin

Argylehibby
30-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Every manager we've had since Collins era has found a place for Lewis, which says a lot for his consistency and effort, and at last we have a manager that has given him the confidence to have a go when the opportunity arises. For too long, Lewis has been the player to do every one elses donkey work, and to pass it to some one else in the final third. The opposition knew that, so didn't worry too much when he had the ball. The opposition now have another player to worry about when he gets forward, hopefully freeing up space elsewhere. I was truly delighted for Lewis when his shot hit the back of the net.

GGTTH

:agree: a few managers will have to re-think their tactics now when the y play us if LS keeps this up. Full backs attacking us knowing that we don't counter attack quickly so they have time to get back is hopefully now a thing of the past.

B.H.F.C
30-12-2013, 11:46 AM
I don't.get where this idea comes from that Stevenson is picked on by the hibs fans? There's normally me and a few others criticizing him on here after games but we're generally in the minority.

In games he certainly doesn't get a hard time, maybe the odd grumble of frustration but everyone appreciates his work rate. Certainly doesn't get anywhere near the stick the likes of Colin nish, Rowan vine, Kujabi etc got

I agree with this.

Some people are happy with what he has given over his 200 games. Some people have wanted more of what we saw yesterday. I don't think he's ever been torn to shreds as most people appreciate the work ethic etc.

He's shown yesterday that he can strike a ball and get in to threatening positions. It's up to him to now do it on a more regular basis. The way he's being asked to play now we need to see him (and the likes of Cairney) chip in with at least another couple of goals each this season.

--------
30-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Stevenson's goal according to BBC Scottish news this morning goes into the record book as the last goal of 2013 in top flight football. Recognition at last, Lewis. :-)

WEll, I hope Terry and Mo tell him not to leave it so late NEXT year.

Lazy wee so-an-so! :greengrin

marleyhib
30-12-2013, 12:14 PM
He was much more positive yesterday, looking to make things happen rather than offload to someone else.

Great to see him get a well deserved goal, more of the same please.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Lewis Stevenson was absolutely outstanding yesterday, from start to finish.

Tom Hart RIP
30-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Spoke to him briefly after the game and he was totally exhausted. He put in some shift as did a few others. Good to see.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Fantastic :agree:

Well done the wee felly

MyJo
30-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Kinda makes you wonder what effect Butcher would have had on a player like Wotherspoon if we had hung onto him.

Wotherspiniesta
30-12-2013, 08:22 PM
What an absolute load of bollocks!!!

This is the first time in ages that any positive thread on Lewis has been carried for so many posts. Then we get someone bent of stirring things up and saying utter crap like this. Harris and Lewis are two very different style of players and i really don't think they should be compared!

As for keeping Harris's place warm, for goodness, if you cant post something positive on a positive thread then don't post at all!

Too long this laddie has taken all the crap that posters on this forum throw at him and he still gives his all for the jersey. Today he played out of his skin, the reaction to his goal showed that everyone appreciated the effort he had put in to the game.

He has obviously been told to shoot as he gets near the box and to get himself into forward positions and with his renewed confidence he is thriving in his role in the team.

I personally was so so pleased for Lewis and the reception from the fans was exceptional. On Boxing Day up at Dingwall he was spraying passes left right and center and put in a great shift again.

Well done Lewis you showed them pal.!

Well done to you for defending your favourite player!

It never really worked much for me on here :(

#BringBackSpoony

Barney McGrew
30-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Just in case you haven't seen this doing the rounds on Twitter, exclusive team news of our starting XI for Thursday:

Centre Hawf
30-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Just in case you haven't seen this doing the rounds on Twitter, exclusive team news of our starting XI for Thursday:

Now thats what i call a Dream Team.

Jonnyboy
30-12-2013, 09:36 PM

:greengrin :aok:

Hiber-nation
30-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Spoke to him briefly after the game and he was totally exhausted. He put in some shift as did a few others. Good to see.

They certainly did, what a difference. Hope they have plenty left in the tank for Thursday though!

Heedersnvolleys
30-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Kinda makes you wonder what effect Butcher would have had on a player like Wotherspoon if we had hung onto him.
I mentioned that when we played them last week. I think he would have loved it with butcher being here.

Purehibee_MYB
30-12-2013, 09:57 PM

:top marks

Aldo
31-12-2013, 07:33 AM

Ha ha. That's quality Barney

Onion
31-12-2013, 07:38 AM
Lewis Stevenson was absolutely outstanding yesterday, from start to finish.

He had a great game. Last time he played that well was when his contract was up :cb

marinello59
31-12-2013, 08:40 AM
He had a great game. Last time he played that well was when his contract was up :cb

A late contender for worst post of the year?

SMAXXA
31-12-2013, 08:47 AM

Lets be honest all our players should come off feeling like that, they should be running and working until they drop. Can definitely see a marked improvement in the work rate just look at Collins who epitomises this for me.

WestEndHibee
31-12-2013, 08:49 AM

:greengrin

happiehibbie
31-12-2013, 09:20 AM
sorry to rain on the parade !!

Lewis Stevenson played well on Saturday he even had 5 shots at goal and scored a great goal from a great strike CREDIT where CREDIT is due

however he has played over 200 games and I can only remember him playing great in two both against Kille one being the cup final the other was Sunday

I still think Lewis is not the answer for us sorry !

marinello59
31-12-2013, 09:47 AM

Lewis Stevenson played well on Saturday he even had 5 shots at goal and scored a great goal from a great strike CREDIT where CREDIT is due

however he has played over 200 games and I can only remember him playing great in two both against Kille one being the cup final the other was Sunday

Liar.:greengrin
If you can't remember him having any other very good games in all that time then you either haven't been at many games or you have a very selective memory. Even some of his biggest critics on here would suggest that was nonsense. You don't play 200 games for the same club if you have been ineffective, as you are implying, in 198 of them. And before you say 'but I said great games'' how many players in the SPL produce great performances on a regular basis?

happiehibbie
31-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Liar.:greengrin
If you can't remember him having any other very good games in all that time then you either haven't been at many games or you have a very selective memory. Even some of his biggest critics on here would suggest that was nonsense. You don't play 200 games for the same club if you have been ineffective, as you are implying, in 198 of them. And before you say 'but I said great games'' how many players in the SPL produce great performances on a regular basis?

your right I have not seen many games ! I must really see more

Lewis has seen of more managers than Rod Pettrie :)

smack
31-12-2013, 10:23 AM
Opinions, eh? Think you're wrong there, though. One of the strengths today was the way Lewis and Paul McG covered for each other as one attacked. Flexibility between the two of them added to the team effort down our left.

Sorry but I can't remember Lewis Stevenson and Paul McGovern ever playing in the same team

Northernhibee
31-12-2013, 10:25 AM

Really hope we sign McHattie and Skacel in January - just what we're needing.

hihohibby
31-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Without question the finest performance I have ever seen from Lewis Stevenson.
Well done Lewis, and well done TB and MM for working with him behind the scenes and inspiring this type of high energy performance out of him.

HiBremian
31-12-2013, 11:26 AM
Sorry but I can't remember Lewis Stevenson and Paul McGovern ever playing in the same team

Bloody hell, did I type that? :embarrass:idiot::dizzy

marinello59
31-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Really hope we sign McHattie and Skacel in January - just what we're needing.

And like a sprinter dipping on the line ,Northernhibee makes his bid for glory.This is now the worst post of the year. :greengrin

Northernhibee
31-12-2013, 11:58 AM
And like a sprinter dipping on the line ,Northernhibee makes his bid for glory.This is now the worst post of the year. :greengrin

:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
31-12-2013, 04:02 PM
Never let it be said he's living off a rep from The CIS Cup Final! Chuffed for one of the most deserving players we have.

hibee_girl
31-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Never let it be said he's living off a rep from The CIS Cup Final! Chuffed for one of the most deserving players we have.

:agree:

I really hope he's read this thread or someone makes him aware of it.

Hibs07p
31-12-2013, 05:15 PM

Could you give an example of when Lewis had a bad game?

GGTTH

...WentToMowAnSPL
31-12-2013, 05:16 PM
:agree:

I really hope he's read this thread or someone makes him aware of it.

This !!! In Lewis We Trust :-)

Aldo
31-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Lets be honest all our players should come off feeling like that, they should be running and working until they drop. Can definitely see a marked improvement in the work rate just look at Collins who epitomises this for me.

This. The problem is that some folk on here think Collins isn't that good cos he's not scoring and don't see the work the guy gets through. His work rate/ethic is second to none.

B.H.F.C
31-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Could you give an example of when Lewis had a bad game?

GGTTH

There has been plenty times where he hasn't had any effect on games.

That isn't one of those 'picking on Lewis' comments. Anybody who has played for Hibs regularly over the past few years has had their share of poor games given the number of inept performances we've had.

Seveno
31-12-2013, 05:54 PM

That isn't one of those 'picking on Lewis' comments. Anybody who has played for Hibs regularly over the past few years has had their share of poor games given the number of inept performances we've had.

Yes, as, all players have their spells when they lose form. What makes Lewis different is that he always gives 100%.

Hibercelona
31-12-2013, 06:01 PM

What do you mean by not having an effect?

He's never been a stand out player and seems like the type of player that will do exactly what a manager instructs him to do.

If Butcher can keep him playing like he did against Kilmarnock, then it'll prove that their is a player there who has simply been misguided by a flury of poor managers.

silverhibee
31-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Yes, as, all players have their spells when they lose form. What makes Lewis different is that he always gives 100%.

A bit like John Rankin and look how the fans turned on him.

silverhibee
31-12-2013, 06:09 PM
This. The problem is that some folk on here think Collins isn't that good cos he's not scoring and don't see the work the guy gets through. His work rate/ethic is second to none.

You can't argue about his work rate, however 3 goals so far is pretty poor.

Aldo
31-12-2013, 06:12 PM

Silver agree bout the goals but not had much service (or luck) or is it/was it poor finishing?

Saorsa
31-12-2013, 06:13 PM
You can't argue about his work rate, however 3 goals so far is pretty poor.Considering the service it's hardly surprising though is it? I think we should wait and see. :agree:

B.H.F.C
31-12-2013, 06:23 PM
What do you mean by not having an effect?

He's never been a stand out player and seems like the type of player that will do exactly what a manager instructs him to do.

If Butcher can keep him playing like he did against Kilmarnock, then it'll prove that their is a player there who has simply been misguided by a flury of poor managers.

Just that there have been plenty times he's not given us anything with the ball when playing in midfield. There has also been times where he's been part of a defensive unit which has shipped goals. The post I initially replied to was asking when Lewis has ever had a bad game. I was merely trying to point out that he hasn't played well every week.

Credit to him for raising the bar on Sunday. I'll be honest and say I didn't think I'd ever see him do it. He shown he can do it. The big challenge now is to maintain it.

Stantons Angel
31-12-2013, 06:27 PM

Im so glad you added this to your last post!

You are right to say that EVERYONE Of our players contributed to the compound effect of the poor games we have had for the past few seasons. Just because Lewis has played in nearly all of them it doesn't mean he contributed nothing.

This is meant to be a positive post in recognition of the way he played after getting criticism from left right and center on this board. So lets keep it positive and let him have some sort of recognition from posters on here

Happy New Year to you all.

Aldo
31-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Just that there have been plenty times he's not given us anything with the ball when playing in midfield. There has also been times where he's been part of a defensive unit which has shipped goals. The post I initially replied to was asking when Lewis has ever had a bad game. I was merely trying to point out that he hasn't played well every week. Credit to him for raising the bar on Sunday. I'll be honest and say I didn't think I'd ever see him do it. He shown he can do it. The big challenge now is to maintain it.

BHFC agree with you about maintaining the standard that he's set but I think my biggest gripe would be folk targeting him for a slating when others were as bad or if not worse than he was on game day. Some seemed to be immune to criticism.

He needs to be more consistent (as does everyone).

Long May his performances continue .... Especially in Thursday where I'm hoping he doubles his goal scoring tally for the season.

B.H.F.C
31-12-2013, 06:41 PM
BHFC agree with you about maintaining the standard that he's set but I think my biggest gripe would be folk targeting him for a slating when others were as bad or if not worse than he was on game day. Some seemed to be immune to criticism.

Long May his performances continue .... Especially in Thursday where I'm hoping he doubles his goal scoring tally for the season.

I think he's always been consistent. I also think the frustrating thing is that he just seemed to find a level and stayed there for too long. We need to see performances like we saw against Killie more often. He's not going to play like that every week but if he can play in a similar manner more often then he'll be appreciated more.

silverhibee
31-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Silver agree bout the goals but not had much service (or luck) or is it/was it poor finishing?

I agree with you and DD that the service hasn't been great at times, but good strikers/goal scorers have the knack of being in the right place at the right time to get goals, Heffernan has only played a few games for us and has that knack of being in the right places to get the goals.

Hopefully now that i have said that, that Collins will get a few against the thief's on Thursday night.

Aldo
31-12-2013, 06:49 PM
I agree with you and DD that the service hasn't been great at times, but good strikers/goal scorers have the knack of being in the right place at the right time to get goals, Heffernan has only played a few games for us and has that knack of being in the right places to get the goals. Hopefully now that i have said that, that Collins will get a few against the thief's on Thursday night.

We've missed Heff but like you say I'm hoping Collins gets at least one on Thursday against that cheating robbing mob.

Jonnyboy
31-12-2013, 06:57 PM

And I thought my memory was bad.

Jonnyboy
31-12-2013, 06:59 PM

Kevin Thomson's only managed three :wink:

Edit: Oops I just realised you were talking about Collins!

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2013, 07:00 PM

I never rated him for a long time, but he gradually won me over with his 100% effort. Now some folk say every player should give that, and i agree. He was giving that and some when we had some bloody awful players, and he was also playing better than quite a few players who never seemed to get a thread of their own.

Nobody is saying he's a world beater, or someone we will sell on for millions, but at least he's playing well enough to claim a place, and seems to be doing it regularly too.

I want a better team, if he's part of that great, if not then it wont be for the want of him trying.

Onion
31-12-2013, 07:08 PM

Wait 5 minutes :greengrin

Aldo
31-12-2013, 07:10 PM
I never rated him for a long time, but he gradually won me over with his 100% effort. Now some folk say every player should give that, and i agree. He was giving that and some when we had some bloody awful players, and he was also playing better than quite a few players who never seemed to get a thread of their own. Nobody is saying he's a world beater, or someone we will sell on for millions, but at least he's playing well enough to claim a place, and seems to be doing it regularly too. I want a better team, if he's part of that great, if not then it wont be for the want of him trying.

BH I am a believer that every player should play every game like it's their last. It's about commitment to the team.

I posted on the butcher effect page regarding his latest interview and he goes on about worth ethics etc and that if we work harder than the other team then we have a better chance if beating them. It's not just that but it's a start.

I think Lewis has struggled over the last few seasons for a number of reasons but hopefully he's on the right track.

He's set the standard and he's now going to have to maintain it.

I agree with your comments about a better team and if it means certain players being dropped or sold then so be it but at the moment he deserves his place in the starting 11.

Hibs07p
01-01-2014, 04:29 AM

GGTTH

I'll refer back to my original post on Lewis, and as someone else has said, he is the type of player that follows the managers instructions. In that respect, they most likely looked at LS as a dogsbody, to do the donkey work for others, regarded as more skillful. He has also played in lots of different positions, always given 100%. Nobody has claimed he has been a stand out player, but in my opinion, his consistent team player approach was rewarded, with his display on Sunday, when probably, under instruction from TB has been told to be more selfish when in possession, and have a go himself. To say he hasn't had any effect on games, doesn't answer my question, Give me an example of when he has had a bad game?

GGTTH

Leith Green
01-01-2014, 09:57 AM
The only opinion I can give on stevenson is as follows..

I think the guy suffered from being overhyped whilst playing in a good Hibs side when he broke through, I think he and Kevin Mcann were over played , including playing them when they were out of form, I think this shot a bit of their confidence. Lewis was pretty much used here there and everywhere if used at all for the next couple of seasons, and to be honest cant really remember him having a real honker or a real wow performance, just came in and done the job being asked. Since that spell under paataleinen, hughes , and Calderwood, Stevenson was player of the year in a poor side ( due to his effort and commited performances whilst been used in various roles ) under Fenlon, and has backed that up with 18 months of the same kind of commited performance..

In short I think Lewis has suffered from being overhyped initially, and then has had his confidence shot to pieces by going from the next scott brown to being written off as *****. For me the laddie is not the kind of player who is going to get rave reviews every 2nd week, he is the steel and energy required to let better ball players play their game

B.H.F.C
01-01-2014, 11:20 AM
I'll refer back to my original post on Lewis, and as someone else has said, he is the type of player that follows the managers instructions. In that respect, they most likely looked at LS as a dogsbody, to do the donkey work for others, regarded as more skillful. He has also played in lots of different positions, always given 100%. Nobody has claimed he has been a stand out player, but in my opinion, his consistent team player approach was rewarded, with his display on Sunday, when probably, under instruction from TB has been told to be more selfish when in possession, and have a go himself. To say he hasn't had any effect on games, doesn't answer my question, Give me an example of when he has had a bad game?

GGTTH

He's never had a game where he's given anything less than his all. You can't seriously think he's never had a poor game though? Players a lot better than him have poor games. Quite often.

Bottom line for me is that I enjoyed watching him play on Sunday and I've never thought that when I've watched him before. I hope be can continue in that way.

hibsbollah
01-01-2014, 11:36 AM
I bet if you took a look at player ratings threads on here over the past two or three seasons, Stevenson would be near the top, behind Williams and Sparky, probably. And thats without many goals or assists to his game. Now that he's playing well AND getting involved with the attacking phases I can really see the weekly 'is he a) good or b) in fact, total keek' threads coming to an end.

Or maybe not :greengrin

hfc rd
01-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Just got a feeling he is going to score again tomorrow night. Imagine the mayhem it will cause! I really hope he picks up from where he left off. Sunday's performance against Killie was simply his best game since the 2007 cup final.

...WentToMowAnSPL
01-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Just got a feeling he is going to score again tomorrow night. Imagine the mayhem it will cause! I really hope he picks up from where he left off. Sunday's performance against Killie was simply his best game since the 2007 cup final.

Would love that to happen ! (Kevin Keegan manic style)

B.H.F.C
01-01-2014, 12:23 PM

I think he played better on Sunday than that cup final.

Hibs07p
01-01-2014, 07:09 PM
He's never had a game where he's given anything less than his all. You can't seriously think he's never had a poor game though? Players a lot better than him have poor games. Quite often.

Bottom line for me is that I enjoyed watching him play on Sunday and I've never thought that when I've watched him before. I hope be can continue in that way.

I didn't say he's never had a poor game, I asked for an example of when he has had a poor game. Like you, I enjoyed his performance on Sunday, but I have always admired his grit and professionalism, when playing in piss poor Hibs teams. Anyway, as long we agree, that it would be great to see Lewis continue to have more games like Sundays, then we won't go far wrong.

GGTTH