PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: David Paul

RSS Bot
29-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Minute's silence before today's game

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131229/david-paul_2262950_3595952)

hibby6270
29-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Minute's silence before today's game

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131229/david-paul_2262950_3595952)

Completely agree.

I had a bit of a rant a couple of weeks back about the relevance of a minutes applause for Nelson Mandela. Didn't see the the justification.

This on the other hand? Totally relevant!! Totally justified!!

Also hope there is some form of joint tribute on Thursday at the Hearts game to remember both David Paul and Jamie Skinner.

hfc rd
29-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Completely agree.

I had a bit of a rant a couple of weeks back about the relevance of a minutes applause for Nelson Mandela. Didn't see the the justification.

This on the other hand? Totally relevant!! Totally justified!!

Also hope there is some form of joint tribute on Thursday at the Hearts game to remember both David Paul and Jamie Skinner.

I think their will be a joint tribute in Thursday night for the two lads.

AK86
29-12-2013, 01:51 PM
I think their will be a joint tribute in Thursday night for the two lads.
I agree 100% with today of course.
i also don't think they can let the derby pass without tribute either

the families should really have the final say in it all. Can't imagine what state they must be in.
its all so sad

dp00
29-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Excellent Minutes Silence today

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

DaveF
29-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Tear in the eye during that silence. Very moving, and a fitting tribute to a boy taken far too young.

well done to all

29-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Tear in the eye during that silence. Very moving, and a fitting tribute to a boy taken far too young.

well done to all

Agree. Very sad seeing all his team mates together, many in tears as they left the pitch still probably in disbelief at the whole thing - i'm sure none of them ever expected to be mourning the death of a fellow team mate so young.

Well observed as expected, i'm sure that will have meant a lot to his family. RIP David Paul - taken far too young.

hibee_girl
29-12-2013, 06:21 PM

well done to all

:agree:

Was a very emotional minutes silence.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Beautiful touch that all the young boys were on the park for the silence

hibby6270
29-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Apologies for the error I made in my earlier post. I put the wrong christian name for the boy Skinner. Referred to an ex- Hibs player instead by mistake. An honest error on my part.

Thanks GrumpyHibbie for amending on my behalf. I realised when the announcer mentioned his name just before the minutes silence today.

Apologies again. No offence meant.

hfc rd
29-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Beautiful touch that all the young boys were on the park for the silence

I thought that was very beautiful as well.

hibee_girl
29-12-2013, 08:42 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Welcome

Lovely touch from Hibs

29-12-2013, 08:48 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Welcome

Lovely touch from Hibs

:top marks

I'm sure today meant a lot to his family and hopefully let them know that the hibernian family fully supports them in this sad time.

Twiglet
29-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Really emotional. Watching the young boys coming off after I had a huge lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. My heart keeps breaking for them.

down-the-slope
29-12-2013, 10:41 PM
I thought the way both sets of fans observed this was impeccable

Also who ever arranged (Club / SFPL etc) to have all of the FT squads on the pitch during it was a really fitting thing to do. Some of the younger team mates of his really upset and to be expected but good support from each other and the senior pros...

Some things are bigger than football - which I hope is remembered latter this week.

oconnors_strip
29-12-2013, 11:11 PM
was talking to a few of the young lads today, all still very upset at david's sudden death. they appreciate the support and kind words from the fans

Sir David Gray
29-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Very nice tribute today for David Paul.

Pleased it was a minute's silence as well.

Jonnyboy
29-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Like others, I was deeply moved by today's tribute. David's family will have appreciated it I am sure, in what is a terrible time for them all

Saorsa
30-12-2013, 12:00 AM

well done to allA very sad but moving minute in time tae see all his pals out on the park as well, and a fitting tribute for the young lad.

SaulGoodman
30-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Nice photo in today's SunSport

brog
30-12-2013, 11:28 AM
It's at times like this that The Hibernian Family ​is a truly meaningful description. I'm proud of the club for handling this awful event in such a dignified but moving fashion. My heart breaks for his family, can't begin to imagine how you cope with this but hopefully support from all at ER helps in some small way.

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2013, 12:36 PM
It was very moving indeed, a pity that minutes silences have largely had to be abandoned in favour of applause, Saturday showed that a silence is far more fitting tribute.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2013, 04:45 PM
It was very moving indeed, a pity that minutes silences have largely had to be abandoned in favour of applause, Saturday showed that a silence is far more fitting tribute.

:agree: Totally agree.

Minute's applauses just aren't the same, particularly given the circumstances as well.

Onceinawhile
30-12-2013, 04:58 PM
:agree: Totally agree.

Minute's applauses just aren't the same, particularly given the circumstances as well.

The problem with a minutes silence is how easily disrupted they are. Now remembering this will be the third minutes silence (if there is one) there's every likelihood that people wouldn't realise it was on, and come into the ground singing. That then escalates. That's my worry.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2013, 05:16 PM
The problem with a minutes silence is how easily disrupted they are. Now remembering this will be the third minutes silence (if there is one) there's every likelihood that people wouldn't realise it was on, and come into the ground singing. That then escalates. That's my worry.

Provided it's an innocent mistake by people who genuinely haven't realised there's one being observed, they're usually quick to quieten down once people inside have shooshed them.

I don't mind that happening as it's usually only a few seconds.

I would prefer that to having 60 seconds of people clapping.

Diclonius
30-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Will there be a minute's silence on Thursday?

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Minutes applauses serve a purpose if its for someone who has achieved loads in their life, had a good kick at the ball etc(ie Nelson Mandela). In unexpected tragedies like this, a minutes silence is so much more appropriate

JIm
30-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Will there be a minute's silence on Thursday?

It will be interesting to see but I don't think there will be. That would be three games, three minutes silences.

Saorsa
30-12-2013, 06:44 PM
It was very moving indeed, a pity that minutes silences have largely had to be abandoned in favour of applause, Saturday showed that a silence is far more fitting tribute.Personally I think there is room for both and it really depends on who it's for. If you take the likes of Lawrie Reilly or Eddie Turnbull, while there is a sadness in their passing there is also a full life and a fantastic contribution tae Hibernian tae be celebrated. When it's for a young lad who hasnae even had the chance tae live his life, there's nothing tae celebrate in that, it's just a very sad thing.

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Personally I think there is room for both and it really depends on who it's for. If you take the likes of Lawrie Reilly or Eddie Turnbull, while there is a sadness in their passing there is also a full life and a fantastic contribution tae Hibernian tae be celebrated. When it's for a young lad who hasnae even had the chance tae live his life, there's nothing tae celebrate in that, it's just a very sad thing.

That's a very good point and one I hadn't thought of.......................you're not as daft as you look. :greengrin

Peevemor
30-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Personally I think there is room for both and it really depends on who it's for. If you take the likes of Lawrie Reilly or Eddie Turnbull, while there is a sadness in their passing there is also a full life and a fantastic contribution tae Hibernian tae be celebrated. When it's for a young lad who hasnae even had the chance tae live his life, there's nothing tae celebrate in that, it's just a very sad thing.

Spot on.

Sir David Gray
31-12-2013, 12:07 AM

That's a very good point and one I hadn't thought of.......................you're not as daft as you look. :greengrin

It's certainly a valid point but I still prefer a silence.