PDA

View Full Version : Print at home tickets

Hibbyradge
28-12-2013, 10:47 PM
I've printed 3 tickets for tomorrow and I'm curious as to how successful they were last week.

I didn't read any posts about glitches so am I right to be confident that they'll work?

Coco Bryce
28-12-2013, 11:32 PM
I really hope so as I have printed a couple of for the Derby and if they don't accept them I will go mental.

thebakerboy
28-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Saw a few with them and didn't hear any complaints. I used the self scan turn style and there was no Queue and it worked fine but I heard a few complaints about them not working well nearer KO when it was probably busier.

Greendub
29-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Printed off tickets for the morn and the derby :-)

BroxburnHibee
29-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Am I missing something here?

Obviously it means you don't need to wait outside the ground to pick up tickets but doesn't it mean you're adding costs onto your ticket and it saves the club more money?

3pm
29-12-2013, 08:54 AM
The brother in law got in without any hassle.

Jack
29-12-2013, 09:04 AM

Obviously it means you don't need to wait outside the ground to pick up tickets but doesn't it mean you're adding costs onto your ticket and it saves the club more money?

I don't think you'd be anywhere near adding as much as the booking fee used to be.

I printed mine off last week and the whole thing worked very easily.

BenjiOscar
29-12-2013, 09:12 AM
The ordering part was very easy and with the ticket being in PDF format hopefully there will soon be an option to have these scanned on a smart phone rather than having to print. That said, no booking fee involved for the online order and pennies in terms of printing off at home.

Just hope the scanning works ok this afternoon!

down-the-slope
29-12-2013, 09:13 AM

No waiting / queueing to collect tickets
No booking fee to you at all
reduced queues as self scanning has proved elsewhere to get numbers in quicker
There is a cost to Our Club for the ticketing service / turnstile scanning etc - but over life of contract is more cost effective than previous arrangements

So its win win win :greengrin

MCameron
29-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know if you actually need the printed ticket or can you present the PDF on your phone to be scanned?

Golden Bear
29-12-2013, 09:16 AM
No waiting / queueing to collect tickets
No booking fee to you at all
reduced queues as self scanning has proved elsewhere to get numbers in quicker
There is a cost to Our Club for the ticketing service / turnstile scanning etc - but over life of contract is more cost effective than previous arrangements

So its win win win :greengrin

:agree:

and no £1 postal charges.

down-the-slope
29-12-2013, 09:22 AM
The ordering part was very easy and with the ticket being in PDF format hopefully there will soon be an option to have these scanned on a smart phone * rather than having to print. That said, no booking fee involved for the online order and pennies in terms of printing off at home.

Just hope the scanning works ok this afternoon!

You still have choice of self scan or operator scan (depending on which stand) will all be converted to self scan on a phased basis - the self scan had both club & Ticket Master staff on hand for any blips (next to none) and I'm pretty sure will have till rolled out fully

*Technically can be done - but won't happen any time soon as tests showed that too many smart phones failed to scan correctly (duff screens / plastic screen protectors etc) which would be horrific 5 mins before a derby KO

down-the-slope
29-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Does anyone know if you actually need the printed ticket or can you present the PDF on your phone to be scanned?

must print its an A4 print - take all of it not just 1/3 with 'ticket' as its the bar code (printed in 3 places) thats the vital bit

down-the-slope
29-12-2013, 09:26 AM
:agree:

and no £1 postal charges.

:not worth indeed

or have sleepless nights wondering about the level of postal worker honesty

grunt
29-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Technically can be done - but won't happen any time soon as tests showed that too many smart phones failed to scan correctly (duff screens / plastic screen protectors etc) which would be horrific 5 mins before a derby KO

Seems to work ok with boarding passes for BA and EasyJet?

down-the-slope
29-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Seems to work ok with boarding passes for BA and EasyJet?

Yup I know - possibly the difference between bar codes and the QR codes in terms of ability to read? anyhow real world testing with variety of phones meant it won't happen for now. As I said technology is there in the system so it can be re-visited (just look how fast smart phones are changing / improving...

Hibbyradge
29-12-2013, 09:54 AM

It costs the price of a sheet of A4 and some ink. 10p maybe?

The club will save a little laser ink and a small ticket.

It does cost an extra £3.30 though because you don't have to queue to collect your tickets, you have time for another pint before the game. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2013, 10:00 AM
printing one off for today as i type, luvly blonde helped me with a slight teething problem at the last game so hopefully more teetherings today :)

aunty joyce
29-12-2013, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=Hibbyradge;
It does cost an extra £3.30 though.

Where does the extra £3.30 come in???

HibbyAndy
29-12-2013, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=Hibbyradge;
It does cost an extra £3.30 though.

Where does the extra £3.30 come in???

An extra pint in the boozer Radge ment :wink:

GreenCastle
29-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Having been to games in England where several stadiums do the scanning of tickets with no one operating the turnstile - these clubs still had a steward at the gate making sure there are no problems.

So how does this save money if there is still someone there but just not inside the turnstile booth - still a wage being paid ? :confused:

I do think what the club is doing is a positive step though and hopefully a rewards / loyalty card scheme is next for adding points for Hibs related purchases in club shop etc.

EDIT - just seen below about printing costs - staff costs / usage in ticket office/club shop.

LancashireHibby
29-12-2013, 12:16 PM
The club will save a little laser ink and a small ticket.
The printers in the Ticket Office will cost £1,500+ apiece, so any reduced strain on those will certainly save the club cash in the long run.

hibby6270
29-12-2013, 01:43 PM
It does cost an extra £3.30 though because you don't have to queue to collect your tickets, you have time for another pint before the game. :greengrin

I'm not a pre-match drinker but absolutely loving your way of thinking.:agree::agree::greengrin:greengrin:top marks:top marks

Coco Bryce
01-01-2014, 11:20 PM
I take it these print at home tickets are fine then?

First time using this system tomorrow night

Jack
01-01-2014, 11:50 PM

First time was no bother. At the last match I had to go to a second gate after the first guy couldn't get it to scan.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-01-2014, 11:51 PM

Yep, absolutely fine:aok:

Coco Bryce
01-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Thanks. Will make sure I get up early in case of any hiccups.