PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Murphy on the radar

H18sry
28-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Hibernian will try to sign Sheffield United's former Motherwell striker Jamie Murphy in January.

From BBC gossip column

bingo70
28-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Was he not more of a winger or am I getting him mixed up with someone else?

Remember the rangers trying to sign him from well so he must have been doing pretty well for them.

Heisenberg
28-12-2013, 09:09 AM
He's a good player. Be very happy if we were to sign him.

Purehibee_MYB
28-12-2013, 09:15 AM
If he can recapture some of this form then I would be very excited...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye2tXgxu8Dg

Col2
28-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Excellent player. Can play up front and wide. Has pace and can take on a man. Ticks all the boxes for us at the moment.

LioNeilMessi
28-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Was he not more of a winger or am I getting him mixed up with someone else?

Remember the rangers trying to sign him from well so he must have been doing pretty well for them.

That's him probably. I remember a Motherwell mate complaining about him being played as a winger when he was a natural striker.

Heedersnvolleys
28-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Excellent player. Can play up front and wide. Has pace and can take on a man. Ticks all the boxes for us at the moment.

More importantly seems to tick all the boxes of the type of player our manager likes 😃

Stewboy
28-12-2013, 09:40 AM

What he said!!!

hibbymick
28-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Would be a good signing for us but let's remember it's the BBC

sauzee=legend
28-12-2013, 10:04 AM
9 post's without a negative word.... That might be a new record. Can play left, right or through the middle so will be an exactly signing for us.

bingo70
28-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Would be a good signing for us but let's remember it's the BBC

No its not, its the BBC gossip column that has taken this info from the Sun.

(Contrary to popular opinion, more often than not they are right when it comes to rumours about hibs)

brog
28-12-2013, 10:16 AM
No its not, its the BBC gossip column that has taken this info from the Sun.

(Contrary to popular opinion, more often than not they are right when it comes to rumours about hibs)

Mmmm, & Kenny Millar at the Sun probably got it from here! It's a self-fulfilling prophecy! Hope it happens though! :greengrin

scuttle
28-12-2013, 10:32 AM
9 post's without a negative word.... That might be a new record. Can play left, right or through the middle so will be an exactly signing for us.

Not being negative but his goalscoring record is nothing special
34 goals in 176 for Murderwelll and 2 n 29 for Sheff utd
So would prefer him as a wide man if he has pace supplying balls for a more natural goalscorer

Niffy
28-12-2013, 10:33 AM
If he can recapture some of this form then I would be very excited...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye2tXgxu8Dg

Here's a negative comment... That video compilation is guff.

Paperboy
28-12-2013, 10:37 AM
This will be the same Jamie Murphy that his manager Nigel Cough said on the other day he had high hopes for him now he's hit some form...

frazeHFC
28-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Was really good at Motherwell, i'm sure with a few games he'd get back to his best at us. Would be pleased if we get him!

Paperboy
28-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Think we're more likely to get James Murphy...

Altogether "Daft Punk are playing in my house. MY HOUSE!"

LancsHibs
28-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Here's a negative comment... That video compilation is guff.
Looks a good player:thumbsup: but WTF was that music! Had to turn the sound off!

Onion
28-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Outstanding player and would be delighted if we signed the guy. If he's on the market, likely others will be in for him too.. the sort that DUFC and Dons would buy.

S4uzee
28-12-2013, 10:47 AM
He reminds me of Riordan when he was younger, similar build and similar type of play, cutting in from the left

Keith_M
28-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Do we still consider the quality of his Website as the ultimate arbiter of talent or is that old hat in the days of Twitter, et al?

:dunno:

hibsbollah
28-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Remember him scoring against us and generally running our full backs (van zanten, hart or some other rabbit in headlights) ragged. Do we really want another weedgie Rangers fan at the club though? :stirrer:

Green_one
28-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Outstanding player and would be delighted if we signed the guy. If he's on the market, likely others will be in for him too.. the sort that DUFC and Dons would buy.

Exactly. Little chance of getting him unless its a loan. We did not get him last time either.

Happy if we did though. He has talent but not an out and out goal scorer.

Lucius Apuleius
28-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Do we still consider the quality of his Website as the ultimate arbiter of talent or is that old hat in the days of Twitter, et al?

:dunno:

Well it is the first thing I look for so in my opinion it is extremely important to have a good website.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Would be a good signing but wouldnt he cost? And is he a winger or more of a striker?

easty
28-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Would be a good signing, I'd prefer him out wide, if we can get a good pacy winger getting to the line and making chances I've nae doubt Heff and Collins would get plenty goals between them.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2013, 12:06 PM
I was speaking to a Sheffield United fan a few weeks ago, and he mentioned how they had signed him and how badly he'd been playing for them.

Saw him again this morning and told him i'd heard we might be sniffing about him, and he put his hands together in a praying motion.

He does not rate him, and said he'd be chuffed if they could move him on.

I cant remember him at all, but seem to remember a few clubs were after him when he left Motherwell?

Perhaps a move nearer home, and a different club could be good for all parties? :dunno:

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-12-2013, 12:11 PM
i will be happy enough if we can confirm that we actually have a radar, never mind who is on it or not on it.

Eyrie
28-12-2013, 12:19 PM
i will be happy enough if we can confirm that we actually have a radar, never mind who is on it or not on it.

Not only do we have a radar, but it's the top of the range Marsella model which has an excellent record.

Ozyhibby
28-12-2013, 12:25 PM

Petrie spending money on infrastructure again. :-(

Billy Whizz
28-12-2013, 12:44 PM
He was a player who blew hot and cold at Motherwell. Went on a scoring spree and they didn't score for weeks. Probably a good age to sign though as we have a lot of very young strikers like Cummings, Handling and Caldwell. One of them might go out on loan to get some game experience

Ronniekirk
28-12-2013, 02:14 PM
He was a player who blew hot and cold at Motherwell. Went on a scoring spree nd they didn't score for weeks. Probably a good age to sign though as we have a lot of very young strikers like Cummings, Handling and Caldwell. One of them might go out on loan to get some game experience
Don't think Caldwell will be kept and if Danny can't force his way back into team before other striker signed in transfer window he will be even further down pecking order but yet probably can't risk him being loaned out as squad player now and he may feel a loan is a snub at this point .Cummings might be one to loan out with clause saying can be recalled at any point as he needs to show he can score at higher level than under 20 s and that might give him confidence he needs On other hand he maybe just needs one to be misfit and go in and the floodgates will open Haven't seen enough of him yet to know what's best for him and club

jdships
28-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Hibernian will try to sign Sheffield United's former Motherwell striker Jamie Murphy in January.

From BBC gossip column

Was in the Kirkgate ( Leith) this morning close by to " Gregg's" and was told we were looking to sign an "English Div 1 striker "

There you are now :greengrin:wink:
Knew it couldn't be " Sparky" !!!!!!!!!

The Sea-gull
28-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Murphy is a proven creative player at spl level and this is what we need. His goals return is not that great but it must be remembered he is not an out and out striker and is more of a wide player. When this is considered his goals per game ratio is very decent. Imagine him on the left and Harris on the right supplying Heff or Collins (or Billy McKay, Leigh Griffiths or David Clarkson) suddenly we are a different team. He is the sort of player that Aberdeen and Dundee United would be after but unless they lose players they are sorted in that area. I would see Motherwell as our main competitors. Hearts will probably offer him a couple of grand a week more to make sure they get him. Oh wait a minute, I forgot, they can't!

Heisenberg
28-12-2013, 05:30 PM
If he's available on loan and Motherwell want him i think we could lose out. Although having Malpas on our side could help in enticing him to ER.

B.H.F.C
28-12-2013, 06:18 PM
He was a player who blew hot and cold at Motherwell. Went on a scoring spree and they didn't score for weeks. Probably a good age to sign though as we have a lot of very young strikers like Cummings, Handling and Caldwell. One of them might go out on loan to get some game experience

Can't see Handling going out anywhere. Butcher seems to like him and he can play a bit deeper. Cummings is obviously a bit younger bit has clearly moved ahead of Caldwell. Caldwell would be the one to go if any if imagine but I can't see him being retained past this season anyway.

Ronniekirk
28-12-2013, 06:38 PM
If he's available on loan and Motherwell want him i think we could lose out. Although having Malpas on our side could help in enticing him to ER.
If we don't start winning home games and Petrie is still cautious it will be interesting to see who knocks us back as well as who comes in Sometimes the players we are linked with are often better than the ones we eventually bring in .Surely even Petrie must realise the only way to get more bums on sats is to back new Management Team in Transfer Market and start rebuilding an attacking Team with pace ,width ,creativity and flair .

spike220
28-12-2013, 07:01 PM
PF would be gutted he missed a signing with such a strong Irish name.

leggeto
28-12-2013, 07:03 PM
I was speaking to a Sheffield United fan a few weeks ago, and he mentioned how they had signed him and how badly he'd been playing for them.

Saw him again this morning and told him i'd heard we might be sniffing about him, and he put his hands together in a praying motion.

He does not rate him, and said he'd be chuffed if they could move him on.

I cant remember him at all, but seem to remember a few clubs were after him when he left Motherwell?

Perhaps a move nearer home, and a different club could be good for all parties? :dunno:

I remember him a brilliant player would be happy to see him play for us

Aldo
28-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Murphy is a proven creative player at spl level and this is what we need. His goals return is not that great but it must be remembered he is not an out and out striker and is more of a wide player. When this is considered his goals per game ratio is very decent. Imagine him on the left and Harris on the right supplying Heff or Collins (or Billy McKay, Leigh Griffiths or David Clarkson) suddenly we are a different team. He is the sort of player that Aberdeen and Dundee United would be after but unless they lose players they are sorted in that area. I would see Motherwell as our main competitors. Hearts will probably offer him a couple of grand a week more to make sure they get him. Oh wait a minute, I forgot, they can't!

Sorry but Clarkson isn't good enough for me. I watched him for Bristol Rovers and he never touched the ball for 45 minutes.

Really thought he was a good player at Well and did ok at Bristol City but don't think I'd want him at ER.

The Sea-gull
28-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Sorry but Clarkson isn't good enough for me. I watched him for Bristol Rovers and he never touched the ball for 45 minutes.

Really thought he was a good player at Well and did ok at Bristol City but don't think I'd want him at ER.
I'm not that fussed about him either to be honest. I heard we are interested as TB and MM rate him from their time at Motherwell and tried to sign him for ICT a few times.

Aldo
28-12-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm not that fussed about him either to be honest. I heard we are interested as TB and MM rate him from their time at Motherwell and tried to sign him for ICT a few times.

Nae probs. hopefully the still don't rate them (but will have to trust them).

3pm
29-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Looks like a goal and assist for him today. Won't be coming if he keeps that up!

hfc rd
29-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Wouldn't mind him here at all but it looks as if Clough rates him. Very doubt it, that he will be coming here.

Greencore
29-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Would be a good signing for hibs.

Brightside
29-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Don't think Caldwell will be kept and if Danny can't force his way back into team before other striker signed in transfer window he will be even further down pecking order but yet probably can't risk him being loaned out as squad player now and he may feel a loan is a snub at this point .Cummings might be one to loan out with clause saying can be recalled at any point as he needs to show he can score at higher level than under 20 s and that might give him confidence he needs On other hand he maybe just needs one to be misfit and go in and the floodgates will open Haven't seen enough of him yet to know what's best for him and club

Danny and Jason won't be going anywhere.

hfc rd
29-12-2013, 09:42 PM

Agree. If their is any striker that is most likely going to be heading out on loan, I think it will be Caldwell. But that's if TB does sign a striker.

Billychaotic182
29-12-2013, 10:44 PM
http://m.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-hibs-may-bid-for-murphy-1-6341534

Jonnyboy
29-12-2013, 10:58 PM

Good. I thought Jason had a good game today. I like the way he takes the ball in, turns and runs at defences. Been a while since we had a striker like that (Leigh excepted)

IWasThere2016
29-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Looks like a goal and assist for him today. Won't be coming if he keeps that up!

It's not always just about the player - often an unsettled family is the MAIN factor.

Squealing pig
30-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Would bé a great signing exact kind of player were crying out for. Onwards and uPwards

joebakerforever
30-12-2013, 01:19 AM
Scored for The Blades yesterday - would imagine he will be going nowhere.