PDA

View Full Version : Alan Muir, Referee

theonlywayisup
27-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Ref for the Airdrie Arbroath SPFL1 game tomorrow, but then gets the Highland Derby on the 2nd. :rolleyes:

Our ref for the Derby is Bobby Madden. Is he any good?

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Madden is awful.

Craig_HFC
27-12-2013, 01:49 PM
To be honest, they're all as bad as each other.

cleanyman
27-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Bobby Madden.....

Aw God.

Dashing Bob S
27-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Bobby's a Madden alright, but Muir is ALMOST in Thomson's league.

Sir David Gray
27-12-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm just glad Mr Thomson will be nowhere to be seen next Thursday.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Bobby's a Madden alright, but Muir is ALMOST in Thomson's league.
Muir was the ref V Saints last weekend... Pretty awful for both sides...

Barney McGrew
27-12-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm just glad Mr Thomson will be nowhere to be seen next Thursday.

You'll probably be able to see him sitting in the Hertz end if you look close enough :kbacker:

Hermit Crab
27-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Madden is card happy. Expect a few reds to be dished out.

GoldenEagle
27-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Madden is card happy. Expect a few reds to be dished out.

Is he?

http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1190

JimBHibees
27-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Was watching Sky news in relation to Rodgers moaning about a Greater Manchester ref and apparently in England things like proximity to game, who the ref supports, whether family members are supporters or season ticket holders are all taken into account before appointing refs. Would be good if something similar could be done up here though appreciate Scotland is a small pool though think something along these lines would be good.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Was watching Sky news in relation to Rodgers moaning about a Greater Manchester ref and apparently in England things like proximity to game, who the ref supports, whether family members are supporters or season ticket holders are all taken into account before appointing refs. Would be good if something similar could be done up here though appreciate Scotland is a small pool though think something along these lines would be good.

The criteria in Scotland would need to extend beyond geographic area and therein the problem lies. I say get the Maltese back ;)

Why not conduct an independent study to put the issue of refereeing bias to rest one way or the other? Has it been done before - if not why not and if so what was the outcome?

Future17
27-12-2013, 08:36 PM

I saw the same report, however I think it's been misunderstood. "Proximity to the ground is considered a positive, not a negative.

Future17
27-12-2013, 08:37 PM

I saw the same report, however I think it's been misunderstood. "Proximity to the ground" is considered a positive, not a negative.

Hibs07p
28-12-2013, 06:19 AM
Ref for the Airdrie Arbroath SPFL1 game tomorrow, but then gets the Highland Derby on the 2nd. :rolleyes:

Our ref for the Derby is Bobby Madden. Is he any good?

He reffed the St Mirren game at the weekend, and missed a couple of Jim Goodwin incidents, one of which is being investigated by Lunny.

GGTTH