PDA

View Full Version : Malky McKay sacked.

hibby rae
27-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Just announced on the BBC website.

Jones28
27-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Was always going to happen IMO, the owner was just waiting for an excuse to come along.

Tinribs
27-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Beat me to it, was just about to post this. Truly beggars belief, first season in the EPL, doing ok-ish but slightly mad owner thinks he knows best.
English footballs answer to Romanov.

JohnStephens91
27-12-2013, 02:04 PM
I hope Neil Lennon gets the job and takes them down the pan so he can disappear into the Championship and get ginger teeth away from the Scottish game.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Good on McKay for standing his ground. He will walk away with his pockets full, his reputation intact and straight into another job.

Ronniekirk
27-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Beat me to it, was just about to post this. Truly beggars belief, first season in the EPL, doing ok-ish but slightly mad owner thinks he knows best.
English footballs answer to Romanov.
That's what happens when you sell your soul but not to rock and roll .If you are not one of the top six in premiership It's hard to buy your way into that club Would love to know what Manchester City have spent on Transfer fees and wages in the last few years .Its obscene how rich individuals flout there wealth and power and fans and managers are powerless at the end of the day .

surreyhibbie
27-12-2013, 02:15 PM
The yams will be wetting themselves at the thought of him joining them...

:greengrin

RCNG
27-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Onwards and upwards Malky!

Sir David Gray
27-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Only a matter of time.

I'm sure Mackay will be in another job within the next couple of months.

Hope Cardiff go down.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Sell the soul of your football club to the highest bidder this is the kind of thing that can happen.

Thecat23
27-12-2013, 02:36 PM
I hope West Ham tell big Sam it's also time up and they go for Mackay. Can't believe he's still in a job with his shocking football and poor results. He's not a modern manager in fact he's pish poor. Boring crap football. Hope to god he goes before I head down to watch them.

--------
27-12-2013, 02:39 PM
If a club takes a guy's money, he's entitled to run things his way.

The way results have been going, it was only a matter of time before the fans turned on Mackay as well as Tan.

But if you take as much money from a guy as Cardiff have taken from Tan, then that guy will assume he has the right to run things as he sees fit. Clubs and their fans have always been at the mercy of their owners; nowadays the rewards and penalties are so big, though, the game's become that much more ruthless.

Anyway, I remember Malky when he was a big turnip of a centre-half for Celtic. NOT my favourite player by a long, long way.

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Phil Brown early favourite for the job, due to his experience of managing at that level with a crazy Tan

jdships
27-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Sell the soul of your football club to the highest bidder this is the kind of thing that can happen.

:top marks

The old cliche stands out "
" BE CAREFUL WHAT WISH/ASK FOR IN FOOTBALL "

jdships
27-12-2013, 03:34 PM
I hope West Ham tell big Sam it's also time up and they go for Mackay. Can't believe he's still in a job with his shocking football and poor results. He's not a modern manager in fact he's pish poor. Boring crap football. Hope to god he goes before I head down to watch them.

How many times has SA been " tried and found guilty" ?
Getiting close to taking a job in Tesco's filling shelves methinks :greengrin

ancient hibee
27-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Obviously it's going to be between McKay and Stevie Clarke for the Hearts job.

Aldo
27-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Obviously it's going to be between McKay and Stevie Clarke for the Hearts job.

Ha ha. This made me laugh out loud.

Funny thing is the deluded roasters will defo think they are in with a chance of getting one of them.

monktonharp
27-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Just announced on the BBC website. disgrace

SteveHFC
27-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Ha ha. This made me laugh out loud.

Funny thing is the deluded roasters will defo think they are in with a chance of getting one of them.

Thought AVB was getting the gig at Hearts :wink:

Really hope Cardiff go down now. :aok:

Craig_HFC
27-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Thought AVB was getting the gig at Hearts :wink:

Really hope Cardiff go down now. :aok:

He is.

Mackay & Clarke are fighting it out for the assistant's job.

:aok:

Thecat23
27-12-2013, 04:21 PM

It's crazy folk still wanting him mate. He's in the Gary Megson and Paul Jewell category.

heretoday
27-12-2013, 04:27 PM

The way results have been going, it was only a matter of time before the fans turned on Mackay as well as Tan.

But if you take as much money from a guy as Cardiff have taken from Tan, then that guy will assume he has the right to run things as he sees fit. Clubs and their fans have always been at the mercy of their owners; nowadays the rewards and penalties are so big, though, the game's become that much more ruthless.

Anyway, I remember Malky when he was a big turnip of a centre-half for Celtic. NOT my favourite player by a long, long way.

That's right. It's the way the cookie crumbles these days. Presumably the fans would rather the club was still in the Championship which they would be if it wasn't for this Tan.

As for Mackay, he'll be turning his noble nose towards the bank on Monday.

jacomo
27-12-2013, 05:03 PM
That's right. It's the way the cookie crumbles these days. Presumably the fans would rather the club was still in the Championship which they would be if it wasn't for this Tan.

As for Mackay, he'll be turning his noble nose towards the bank on Monday.

Cardiff could fall like a stone now and be back in the Championship next season anyhow. Will they say its been worth it then?

Viva_Palmeiras
27-12-2013, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=Ronniekirk/ .Its obscene how rich individuals flout there wealth and power and fans and managers are powerless at the end of the day .[/QUOTE]

FIFA, EUFA, SPFL all redundant in this regard. Pointless.
In any other "market" regulators would step in.

lapsedhibee
27-12-2013, 07:06 PM

:agree: FS's Bolton played fitba several degrees more eye-bleedingly than even Pulis's Stoke.

Don't think you'd want to let him loose inside a supermarket. More likely to eat the shelves than fill them.

(Though it's not in any way bad to be fat, and even if it is it's no-one's fault and no-one should be criticised for it.)

stubru59
27-12-2013, 07:19 PM

Cardiff's owner is a perfect example of what is wrong with elite clubs in the UK. In the door five minutes and he changes the the club colours. Can you imagine the overspill on this site if that happened here?

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-12-2013, 08:20 PM
The thought of some rich, foreign douche bag coming in and buying us and then changing our home kit to red/blue or changing our name to the Hibernian Hippos makes me ill. These clowns can keep their money as far as I'm concerned

Jonnyboy
27-12-2013, 08:25 PM

Indeed, Doddie. Guy was mince as a player but I do feel for him in the way he's been treated :agree:

It's crazy folk still wanting him mate. He's in the Gary Megson and Paul Jewell category.

Reminds me of when Megson got the job at Bolton. Started well and the fans used to sing Ginger Mourinho :greengrin

McKenzie
27-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Seen a post on twitter that the Cardiff fans are planning a walkout at tomorrows game. In full support of Cardiff and Hull fans in their protest against the dictator owners they have landed. Guys like Tan and Allam are ruining football. AMF

Billy Whizz
27-12-2013, 08:31 PM
The thought of some rich, foreign douche bag coming in and buying us and then changing our home kit to red/blue or changing our name to the Hibernian Hippos makes me ill. These clowns can keep their money as far as I'm concerned

They changed the colour to their rivals colours, imagine turning green into maroon, this place would be in meltdown, understandably

HH81
27-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Hibernian Cougars?

SteveHFC
27-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Hibernian Cougars?

You would love that eh :greengrin

HH81
27-12-2013, 09:11 PM
You would love that eh :greengrin

You cant beat a good Cougar Steve :-)

GoldenEagle
27-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Past caring to be honest, your Hulls, Cardiffs etc were happy to take the money at the time.

heretoday
27-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Who can say what will happen 10, 20 or 30 years down the line?

We might be grateful for some eastern potentate who comes along and insists we change to a red strip with black shorts.

We might be grateful for anything at all in fact.

Bostonhibby
27-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Good man and football manager who played a blinder in his dealings with the rather strange Mini Me type figure that is Cardiffs current custodian. Having been shafted out of his role the compo will now follow. I pity the fans with their new red strips and whatever else this odd bod wants to do with their club. As soon as the cash is through Malky will walk into a better job than the Cardiff he was forced out of.

--------
27-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Indeed, Doddie. Guy was mince as a player but I do feel for him in the way he's been treated :agree:

I know, John. If the owner really felt that he wasn't the man to take the club forward (as he might very well have done) there are far better ways of handling the situation. All he had to do was arrange to meet MM, tell him how he felt, and terminate his contract, compensating him in full. Then an announcement to the media that MM and the club had parted company by mutual consent - end of. Happens about once every 18 months at Stamford Bridge. Mackay's not a fool - he knows how football works these days.

But I suspect that the matter of compensation was the problem from Tan's point of view, so he tried to force MM to resign.

Issuing the sort of ultimatum Mackay received - by email, which made it far worse, in my opinion - was a needless humiliation. By doing the thing the way he did he made MM's job impossible.

I should have said that as well as clubs and supporters realising that when they take a guy's money, they give him the right to call the shots in regard to team colours, team name, managerial appointments and so on, guys who buy football clubs should really take a wee while to familiarise themselves with the way the club and game works.

Change happens, but it doesn't necessarily have to leave a whole pile of wreckage in its wake.

And the fact that Malky was a bit of a tumshie as a player doesn't mean he doesn't have the usual rights of a contracted employee.

AND the next birdie to drop off the twig will be .... Allardyce? Lambert? Hughes? All three?

Vive La Republique! :chop:

Reminds me of when Megson got the job at Bolton. Started well and the fans used to sing Ginger Mourinho :greengrin

Well, Megson and Mourinho are very similar. They both have a body, two legs, two arms, and a head.

Farther than that I am not willing to go. :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
27-12-2013, 11:05 PM
To be honest, if you set aside the ridiculous change of colours etc, Mackay was well backed financially & their league position is perilous, in that situation with the stakes so high there was always a chance that a club will look to bring someone new in. It's already happened at West Brom, nobody at that end of the league is safe, how much longer for Paul Lambert? If they bring in a new man, move clear of the relegation zone & finish mid-table it will have been the right decision, and Malky will go on to another job & be successful if he's really a good manager. Only time will tell whether this is a good move or not.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Seen a post on twitter that the Cardiff fans are planning a walkout at tomorrows game. In full support of Cardiff and Hull fans in their protest against the dictator owners they have landed. Guys like Tan and Allam are ruining football. AMF

They would have been better protesting by hitting the guy in the pocket. Refuse to buy any merchandise in the red and black. Whenever i see them play most of their support seems to have rolled over and accepted the colour change. Same as the Man Utd fans with their 'green and gold until we're sold' protest. How long did that last? 6 months? Still not sold but everyone is back to wearing red, white and black.

Football fans are brilliant moaners but very few put their money where their mouth is.

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Past caring to be honest, your Hulls, Cardiffs etc were happy to take the money at the time.You realize Cardiff would have gone to the wall without Tans investment right?

Bostonhibby
28-12-2013, 12:26 AM
You realize Cardiff would have gone to the wall without Tans investment right?

And the yams were goosed before that nice Mr Romanov

BoltonHibee
28-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Good man and football manager who played a blinder in his dealings with the rather strange Mini Me type figure that is Cardiffs current custodian. Having been shafted out of his role the compo will now follow. I pity the fans with their new red strips and whatever else this odd bod wants to do with their club. As soon as the cash is through Malky will walk into a better job than the Cardiff he was forced out of.

Correct

Hibbyradge
28-12-2013, 12:54 AM

Of course, you're correct.

Thankfully, STF doesn't have the same extremes of behaviour.

NOLA
28-12-2013, 01:10 AM
Phil Brown early favourite for the job, due to his experience of managing at that level with a crazy Tan
:top marks

--------
28-12-2013, 01:27 AM
Of course, you're correct.

Thankfully, STF doesn't have the same extremes of behaviour.

That's a fair point. As you know, I have my criticisms of him, but I certainly wouldn't want to exchange him for Mr Tan.

Keith_M
28-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Hibernian Cougars?

Our new owner?

Farmer Out - Cox In

--------
28-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Our new owner?

Farmer Out - Cox In

Behave yourself. With our luck we'd end up with THIS:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/07/article-0-0047BE7000000258-535_224x323.jpg

--------
28-12-2013, 12:34 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25530074

So I guess the fans'll all forget about Malky and rally round Tan and his new boy now.

I hope they sign Calderwood.

Or Di Canio.

Keith_M
28-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Behave yourself. With our luck we'd end up with THIS:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/07/article-0-0047BE7000000258-535_224x323.jpg

You are are a very bad person. You just spoiled my whole weekend

:boo hoo: