PDA

View Full Version : The full 90+

Bleeds green
27-12-2013, 08:10 AM
The derby is approaching and we're due to thump these tramps so let's get right behind the lads and make it an atmosphere our lads thrive on and there's wimper, whether we lose a goal or not let's not let any negative vibes get out from the stands and let's make this a new year derby to remember

GGTTH

Onion
27-12-2013, 08:29 AM
The derby is approaching and we're due to thump these tramps so let's get right behind the lads and make it an atmosphere our lads thrive on and there's wimper, whether we lose a goal or not let's not let any negative vibes get out from the stands and let's make this a new year derby to remember

GGTTH

:top marks Same approach and commitment as first 20 of the LC match and we'll batter them this time. If they lose one, they'll collapse into a festering pool of puss.

AK86
27-12-2013, 08:39 AM
How about for once the players do it for US

many times in our history when we have turned out in numbers and gave them great backing the team has disappeared . It's up to them to respond to US
the hibs fans have stuck by them like no other club I can think of in the last miserable 5 years. It's the players who need to stand up and deliver this time around, the fans will and do at every time of asking anyway
id be more inclined to tell the players that if they don't win by 4 clear goals then they better not show face in edinburgh for months.

Surely this time we will punish the poppy thieves. I'm confident :aok:

Onion
27-12-2013, 08:47 AM
How about for once the players do it for US

many times in our history when we have turned out in numbers and gave them great backing the team has disappeared . It's up to them to respond to US
the hibs fans have stuck by them like no other club I can think of in the last miserable 5 years. It's the players who need to stand up and deliver this time around, the fans will and do at every time of asking anyway
id be more inclined to tell the players that if they don't win by 4 clear goals then they better not show face in edinburgh for months.

Surely this time we will punish the poppy thieves. I'm confident :aok:

And you wonder why the team go into their shell at ER ? Hopefully TB's message is to get the first goal and win the match. A 1-0 scrappy win would do for me at this point.

Bleeds green
27-12-2013, 08:56 AM
The last derby the players and fans were terrific up until that rat Stevenson scored then the players belief evaporated, the fans negativity and frustration shone through, what I'm saying is if that does happen then we back them even more be that extra motivation and help carry the side back into it if needed

Viva_Palmeiras
27-12-2013, 08:57 AM
"Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope."

good old Franck ;)

ps. I know maggie nicked it...

Ronniekirk
27-12-2013, 09:04 AM
"Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope."

good old Franck ;)

ps. I know maggie nicked it...
See there we go again you are being far Too Conservative for my liking

NAE NOOKIE
27-12-2013, 09:08 AM
The truth is that in the League cup match we murdered them for 20 minutes at the start and on any other day would have been 2 up in that time. More evidence if it were needed that the Yams carry huge amounts of luck in these games.

We will not hammer them. They will play one up front and pack the midfield and defense and unfortunately we dont have the guile to be able to unlock a team playing that way .... as far as Gary ( you only have the job coz we cant afford a proper manager ) Lock is concerned a draw will be a victory in this one because by the time they come to ER they will already be doomed barring a miracle. He will be the manager who got the Yams relegated .... he wont want to join the exclusive set of Yams managers who have lead the club to utter humiliation in a derby match.

FWIW ..... 0 -0 or 1- 0 to Hibs in a gritty tough match.

I for one back Hibs to the hilt in every match and this one will be no different ............... but please, please, please Hibs for once give me something to reward my fervour.

Golden Bear
27-12-2013, 09:17 AM
That's all very well.

The Derby will take care of itself but for now let's concentrate our efforts on winning Sunday's game.

AK86
27-12-2013, 09:36 AM
See there we go again you are being far Too Conservative for my liking

And you wonder why the team go into their shell at ER ? Hopefully TB's message is to get the first goal and win the match. A 1-0 scrappy win would do for me at this point.
I disagree. I think our acceptance of mediocre fare has held us back for years.You set set targets high . A 4 goal win should be a serious reality when you take into account home advantage, confidence, the fact they are a bunch of laddies and even the law of averages.
hibs players need to mentally toughen up or go and play for raith rovers.

Billychaotic182
27-12-2013, 09:42 AM
That's all very well.

The Derby will take care of itself but for now let's concentrate our efforts on winning Sunday's game.

This!

killie at home is a huge game for us we should be paying more attention to it that hearts ATM

Hibercelona
27-12-2013, 09:43 AM
I disagree. I think our acceptance of mediocre fare has held us back for years.You set set targets high . A 4 goal win should be a serious reality when you take into account home advantage, confidence, the fact they are a bunch of laddies and even the law of averages.

Teams don't go out and aim to score a certain amount of goals. If a manager said to his player "anything less than ? goals today would be unacceptable", he'd only be putting unnecessary pressure onto his players.

We need to go out there and win the game. Hammering any team should be viewed as a bonus, not a necessity.

Aldo
27-12-2013, 09:51 AM
How about for once the players do it for US many times in our history when we have turned out in numbers and gave them great backing the team has disappeared . It's up to them to respond to US the hibs fans have stuck by them like no other club I can think of in the last miserable 5 years. It's the players who need to stand up and deliver this time around, the fans will and do at every time of asking anyway id be more inclined to tell the players that if they don't win by 4 clear goals then they better not show face in edinburgh for months. Surely this time we will punish the poppy thieves. I'm confident :aok:

As long as we score more goals than them then I'll be more than happy. Result first- performance 2nd.

It's a derby and as already proved anything can happen.

Over the last few weeks we have got the ball into the box and created more chances. You've always got a chance when you do this.

I agree that the last few years have been bad but to say if they don't win by 4 clear then they mustn't show their faces in Edinburgh is a tad OTT in my book.

As I said any sort of victory will do me.

hibeesjoe
27-12-2013, 09:54 AM
The Manky tramps shouldn't even get a goal. 4 big lads at the back and a tremendous keeper in Williams. We should snuff them out no probs and we're due too spank somebody at some point. Whether it's hearts or not who knows. Fans can only play there part so much, it's up too the players.

AK86
27-12-2013, 10:17 AM
As long as we score more goals than them then I'll be more than happy. Result first- performance 2nd.

It's a derby and as already proved anything can happen.

Over the last few weeks we have got the ball into the box and created more chances. You've always got a chance when you do this.

I agree that the last few years have been bad but to say if they don't win by 4 clear then they mustn't show their faces in Edinburgh is a tad OTT in my book.

As I said any sort of victory will do me.
The score 4 remark is more of a mentality thing. What is deemed reasonably possible. If we set out with the mentality that's its going to be really difficult then that's how players approach it.
and really a win alone just isn't enough on the 2nd. Hibs fans need and deserve a proper night out. This is the best chance of some revenge we will have for a long time. Leave the players in doubt what this club is due us. In fact I've changed my mind, it's 4 by half time :aok:

Aldo
27-12-2013, 10:26 AM
The score 4 remark is more of a mentality thing. What is deemed reasonably possible. If we set out with the mentality that's its going to be really difficult then that's how players approach it. and really a win alone just isn't enough on the 2nd. Hibs fans need and deserve a proper night out. This is the best chance of some revenge we will have for a long time. Leave the players in doubt what this club is due us. In fact I've changed my mind, it's 4 by half time :aok:

Ha ha. Any sort of victory will do me. I also think that TB has them thinking positive and this has been evident since he took over.

I do think we will win but won't get my hopes up for a goal feast and as I have said any sort of victory will do me .

NAE NOOKIE
27-12-2013, 10:44 AM

Aye, two league wins in 12 months .............The rest is logical, which unfortunately never seems to come into play when they come calling.

Aldo
27-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Aye, two league wins in 12 months .............The rest is logical, which unfortunately never seems to come into play when they come calling.

NB you are spot and it's a derby but I fully expect a different approach than the last few games. Butcher will demand it.

SanFranHibs
27-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Not going to get too hung up on scoring 4 goals against them, otherwise a 3 - 0 victory might seem disappointing :wink: A boring 1 - 0 win for us would feel like a thrashing and yet another nail in the coffin to them.

However, without us being too cavalier we should not concentrate on keeping it tight, rather we should give it to them tight. As a previous poster said 'just keep attacking'. One thing that stands out regarding them is how bad they are defending cross balls. Free kicks, corners and balls from the bye line they don't seem able to handle as they are very static at the back. The pressure seems too much for them.

But Killie first and then take care of business against them.

We got to accentuate the positive,
Eliminate the negative,
Latch on to the affirmative,
Don't mess with Mister in between.
:flag:

clerriehibs
28-12-2013, 09:55 AM

Unfortunately not (although fortune has nothing to do with it either).

frazeHFC
28-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Atmosphere is gonna be class, especially if we get an early goal the ground will be bouncing! First derby for Butcher, he's gonna have us right up for it! :thumbsup:

hfc rd
29-12-2013, 12:45 AM
Atmosphere is gonna be class, especially if we get an early goal the ground will be bouncing! First derby for Butcher, he's gonna have us right up for it! :thumbsup:

This. The first goal will definitely be key and if we get that 1st goal early doors then like you said fraze, the place will be rocking and the players will feed off from the encouraging atmosphere. I just hope if we get that early goal, we don't sit back and invite them on to us. Celtic, Dundee United and Kilmarnock kept on relentlessly attacking them non-stop and got the big scorelines they deserved against them. I hope it's something similar from us.