PDA

View Full Version : Sparky to Celtc?

Tricla
26-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Cannae mark this as Gregg's as I'm on a mobile but heard last night (from a Yam) that Sparky is on his way to Celtc in January in a £1m deal.

Anyone heard similar?

Mister P
26-12-2013, 12:35 PM
No but wouldn't surprise me.

Should he go??

SMAXXA
26-12-2013, 12:39 PM
I was told he is planned to speak with them in January

cabbageandribs1875
26-12-2013, 12:40 PM
well in that case, wolves can keep him

Tricla
26-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Hope it's no true.

The thought of him playing for those scaffs is unbearable.

silverhibee
26-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Hibs should have just paid Wolves the £500k when they had the chance.!!!

Wheat Hound
26-12-2013, 12:59 PM
fact!

silverhibee
26-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Off course it is. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-12-2013, 01:06 PM
If he signs for them and Wolves get all the money back that they paid for him, it means that they have played it right. If Sparky gets nearer his family and money to set himself up for life then surely he will have played it right too? As for looking back on his time with us? I suppose it depends on whether you think that we got s season and a half from a player we couldn't really afford, or whether you believe that we were ever in a place to sign him.

AK86
26-12-2013, 01:13 PM
I'm pretty sure all the fees and wages spent on Collins vine Tudor jones etc by that clown Fenlon could have been enough to get sparky here a year ago

if I ever met Fenlon I think I would get arrested.:confused:

Hibs90
26-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Wouldn't be surprised, Celtic fans suck up his arse on twitter. Would be disappointed if he went there but after a week or so he's end up just another soap dodger.

leggeto
26-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Wouldn't blame him if he went to Celtic,would be a lack of ambition if he knocked them back,playing against the top teams/players in the world,earning big money,winning lots of trophies,I for one will wish him all the best

Mister P
26-12-2013, 01:41 PM
If he signs for them and Wolves get all the money back that they paid for him, it means that they have played it right. If Sparky gets nearer his family and money to set himself up for life then surely he will have played it right too? As for looking back on his time with us? I suppose it depends on whether you think that we got s season and a half from a player we couldn't really afford, or whether you believe that we were ever in a place to sign him.
Agree, don't like it but a move to the smelliest would be a good move for him, a'la stokes.
I personally think we got a season and a half from a great player we couldn't afford.
Like one person says above, Tudor/Collins etc, that's a different story. So us Fenlon to blame or the board who decided Fenlon was the man?

AK86
26-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Agree, don't like it but a move to the smelliest would be a good move for him, a'la stokes.
I personally think we got a season and a half from a great player we couldn't afford.
Like one person says above, Tudor/Collins etc, that's a different story. So us Fenlon to blame or the board who decided Fenlon was the man?
I don't blame the board for giving him a shot. It might have worked out.
but I blame them for not realising he was a dud early on and cutting their losses.
RP was listening to the media who were giving hibs stick for sacking to many managers. He should have been emptied the day after 1-5

GreenCastle
26-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Cannae mark this as Gregg's as I'm on a mobile but heard last night (from a Yam) that Sparky is on his way to Celtc in January in a £1m deal.

Anyone heard similar?

From a yam...before a derby.. :fishin:

However if he went there where he would get more money than Hibs could give him plus be closer to come then it may make sense for him. He would also get the service to score many goals in a season. Not sure how he would deal with being an Old Firm player plus Celtic would surely wait till summer where he will be cheaper. Why buy now when they will win the league anyway!

LG is a Hibee...always will be and he will end up here again one day..wish it was sooner rather than later but he's got to make a living.

MWHIBBIES
26-12-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm pretty sure all the fees and wages spent on Collins vine Tudor jones etc by that clown Fenlon could have been enough to get sparky here a year ago

if I ever met Fenlon I think I would get arrested.:confused::faf: What a stupid post, Fenlon isn't the clown mate you are.

AK86
26-12-2013, 02:06 PM
:faf: What a stupid post, Fenlon isn't the clown mate you are.
Go on then , give me a laugh. Point out what the clueless one done for Hibs.

i can only assume you didn't watch them much under him
were you at the cup finals? The Malmo game? Any of the derbies this season? Do you like the players he has left us with? Did you enjoy his attacking entertaining football?

go on , please tell me how clown isn't a fair description of the man

WestEndHibee
26-12-2013, 02:55 PM

were you at the cup finals? The Malmo game? Any of the derbies this season? Do you like the players he has left us with? Did you enjoy his attacking entertaining football?

Isn't the very guy we're talking about a fruit of Fenlon's efforts? He didn't get a huge deal right but he sure as hell got sparky playing the best he ever has. This is something that Wolves managers haven't managed.

You're very much more of a clown acting all keyboard warrior to try and get what could be a valid point across.

ScottB
26-12-2013, 03:08 PM
We tried to do a deal for Leigh in the summer, Wolves wouldn't play ball, so we moved on to other targets.

To say that was Fenlon's fault is a nonsense, and one of the few highlights of his tenure was the player he helped Leigh become, because lest we forget, he wasn't all that great when he first joined us!

IWasThere2016
26-12-2013, 03:11 PM
A sympathetic Wolves will allow Leigh to come home..

Killie 3 up :cb

AK86
26-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Isn't the very guy we're talking about a fruit of Fenlon's efforts? He didn't get a huge deal right but he sure as hell got sparky playing the best he ever has. This is something that Wolves managers haven't managed.

You're very much more of a clown acting all keyboard warrior to try and get what could be a valid point across.
How is putting over my opinion being a keyboard warrior? There is no aggressive tones to anyone on this site from me. That's out of order.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Fenlon had his faults but his management of Sparky was spot on! Far, far better managers wouldn't have handled him as well. He also would have signed him in a heartbeat if he'd had any chance. Which he didn't.

FitbaFolkKen
26-12-2013, 03:48 PM

You are on a thread about Leigh Griffiths, who attributes the turnaround in his career to Fenlon. He made mistakes and was ultimately out of his depth but he also did a lot of positive things for Hibs. Better to forget them and dismiss him as a clown.

Mon Dieu4
26-12-2013, 03:50 PM
He has just scored for Wolves

AK86
26-12-2013, 03:56 PM
You are on a thread about Leigh Griffiths, who attributes the turnaround in his career to Fenlon. He made mistakes and was ultimately out of his depth but he also did a lot of positive things for Hibs. Better to forget them and dismiss him as a clown.
I appreciate that this is a thread about sparky, but conversations do tend drift a bit in real life also.
please point out these positive things Fenlon did for Hibs? I can't see them but hear about them now and then.

MWHIBBIES
26-12-2013, 04:07 PM

go on , please tell me how clown isn't a fair description of the manI was at pretty much all of our home matches under him and probably 10-15 away games so I seen plenty of Hibs under him.

I don't blame him for the first cup final, I am blessed with the power of perspective and what he took over should never have been near a cup final that year. Second one we were turned over by a Celtic team worth 10-15 times what our team is, better Hibs teams have suffered that fate.

Malmo and the Hearts games unforgivable and what ultimately cost him his job but in reality we weren't actually that bad in his only full season in charge and a damn site better than when he took over. There is no comparison between the players we had then and the ones we have now, you simply cannot compare Mark Brown to Ben Williams, Sean O'Hanlon to Michael Nelson, Liam Craig and Kevin Thomson to Matt Thornhill and Jimmy Scott.

FitbaFolkKen
26-12-2013, 04:11 PM
I appreciate that this is a thread about sparky, but conversations do tend drift a bit in real life also.
please point out these positive things Fenlon did for Hibs? I can't see them but hear about them now and then.

The two cup finals, Sparky's performances, ridding us of a lot of deadwood that calderwood signed for us, 4-0 v dunfermline for survival, 4-0 at fir park to go second, 2nd half of the Falkirk semi, beating hearts and celtic in the same month dec 2012, 2 wins 2 draws v hearts in 2012 season, getting into europe, 18 point increase from first season to second season.

I thought it was time for him to go but he was an honest man who left his family and worked very hard for us, the fact it didn't work out in the end doesn't make him a clown.

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Fenlon had his faults but his management of Sparky was spot on! Far, far better managers wouldn't have handled him as well. He also would have signed him in a heartbeat if he'd had any chance. Which he didn't.

Guesswork that cant be proven either way?

FitbaFolkKen
26-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Guesswork that cant be proven either way?

You'll just have to take sparky's word for it then?

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2013, 04:22 PM
You'll just have to take sparky's word for it then?

No need to, i can make my own decisions on this. I could also say worse managers than fenlon could have got more out of him, but again that would be pure guesswork. :wink:

Tricla
26-12-2013, 04:24 PM
The two cup finals, Sparky's performances, ridding us of a lot of deadwood that calderwood signed for us, 4-0 v dunfermline for survival, 4-0 at fir park to go second, 2nd half of the Falkirk semi, beating hearts and celtic in the same month dec 2012, 2 wins 2 draws v hearts in 2012 season, getting into europe, 18 point increase from first season to second season.

I thought it was time for him to go but he was an honest man who left his family and worked very hard for us, the fact it didn't work out in the end doesn't make him a clown.

:agree:

FitbaFolkKen
26-12-2013, 04:27 PM
No need to, i can make my own decisions on this. I could also say worse managers than fenlon could have got more out of him, but again that would be pure guesswork. :wink:

Being an entirely subjective matter you could, no right answer here I suppose. Just a bit strange that when the player credits Fenlon with the improvement you refuse to take his opinion into consideration when forming a point of view.

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Being an entirely subjective matter you could, no right answer here I suppose. Just a bit strange that when the player credits Fenlon with the improvement you refuse to take his opinion into consideration when forming a point of view.

I just take what players say with a pinch of salt, i heard some of them say just how good Calderclown and fenlon was. they do tend to tell porkies in my opinion.

AK86
26-12-2013, 04:36 PM

Fair enough. I could have called him worse than a clown.

i see all your points and raise you shefti Kuqi. See I win :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
26-12-2013, 04:43 PM

Oh you must be revelling in this - I'll reserve my first and last "fud" of the year for your thinking.

FitbaFolkKen
26-12-2013, 04:59 PM

Clearly...... :confused:

Aldo
26-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Has the fenlon thing no been done to death already. Time to move on me thinks.

Pretty Boy
26-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Has the fenlon thing no been done to death already. Time to move on me thinks.

Yep.

Honest, decent guy. Did his best, moved on at about the right time.

The end.

MrSmith
26-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Yep.

Honest, decent guy. Did his best, moved on at about the right time.

The end.

Absolutely agree! I think time will prove that Pat Fenlon left Hibs in better shape than most give him credit for!

WestEndHibee
26-12-2013, 05:44 PM
How is putting over my opinion being a keyboard warrior? There is no aggressive tones to anyone on this site from me. That's out of order.

"if I ever met Fenlon I think I would get arrested"

AK86
26-12-2013, 06:11 PM
"if I ever met Fenlon I think I would get arrested"
Really, that offended you?
A wee bit of humour is keyboard warrior? Chill oot :greengrin

davieh
26-12-2013, 06:22 PM
erm...is it not the season of goodwill to all men/women etc? especially on a great day for the cabbage...

hfc rd
27-12-2013, 12:32 AM
I'm not one of Fenlon's fans. We suffered two of our most worst ever results in the Hearts cup final and the Malmo game. But then again, you can see the guy gave it his best shot and held his hands up and admitted he wasn't the right man for the job and resigned. Take it this way, he left us in a much better state than what he had when he first came in from that f****** fud Calderclown.

Anyways back to the topic. If Leigh was to go to Celtic, then I understand why. Good money plus the chance to play in the Champions League, win trophies and be closer to his family.

Jack
27-12-2013, 08:11 AM
I think the celtc support would go ape (to be fair not far to go) if LG signed for them and Neil Lemon (do you think he has a wee drink of lennon juice before interviews? His coupon is always a bit contorted) would go spare too given all the chat about needing a European standard strike force while at the same time telling the Greecey Spoon and A N Other to bolt.

Leigh became a great wee player for us; currently top Wolves charts but doesn't seem to be striking a relationship with the folks running the club.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm not one of Fenlon's fans. We suffered two of our most worst ever results in the Hearts cup final and the Malmo game. But then again, you can see the guy gave it his best shot and held his hands up and admitted he wasn't the right man for the job and resigned. Take it this way, he left us in a much better state than what he had when he first came in from that f****** fud Calderclown.

Anyways back to the topic. If Leigh was to go to Celtic, then I understand why. Good money plus the chance to play in the Champions League, win trophies and be closer to his family.

Did he, 30 players changed and the worst football i have witnessed since Bertie Auld. Thanks for that Pat, i obviously dont know just how well off i am.

Golden Bear
27-12-2013, 09:26 AM
I very much doubt if Griffiths would be able to handle the off field baggage which is associated with Celtic/The Rangers "rivalry."

Heisenberg
27-12-2013, 09:35 AM
I very much doubt if Griffiths would be able to handle the off field baggage which is associated with Celtic/The Rangers "rivalry."

Especially as everyone knows he's likely to take the bait and bite back. Easy target for the orcs. Stay well out of it Sparky.

Geo_1875
27-12-2013, 09:50 AM
If Celtc offer to take Sparky from Wolves for £1m I hope they tell them to bolt. They regularly blow £2-3m on players I wouldn't give a game for Hibs. How much did they blow on Pukki?

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Did he, 30 players changed and the worst football i have witnessed since Bertie Auld. Thanks for that Pat, i obviously dont know just how well off i am.We love our exaggeration on Hibs.net don't we

hibby rae
27-12-2013, 10:32 AM
I don't understand why Celtc would want to spend any serious money in January. They don't need to strenghten for Europe and it looks like they'll win the league by some distance. So what would be the point?

Billychaotic182
27-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Did he, 30 players changed and the worst football i have witnessed since Bertie Auld. Thanks for that Pat, i obviously dont know just how well off i am.

Cairney > Thornhill
Nelson > O'Hanlon
McPake > Dickoh
Williams > Stack
Craig > Palsson
Collins > Sodji
Clancy > Towell
OTJ > jimmy scott

I'd say we are better

AK86
27-12-2013, 10:40 AM
We love our exaggeration on Hibs.net don't we
I agree with him.

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2013, 10:42 AM
I agree with him.Shocker.

Golden Bear
27-12-2013, 11:01 AM
I agree with him.

As do I.

But let's look forward.

Onceinawhile
27-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Cairney > Thornhill
Nelson > O'Hanlon
McPake > Dickoh
Williams > Stack
Craig > Palsson
Collins > Sodji
Clancy > Towell
OTJ > jimmy scott

I'd say we are better

Collins better than sodje?? No chance.

CallumLaidlaw
27-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Collins better than sodje?? No chance.

I would say he is. Sodje was an experienced pro. He knew how to use his strength. But he took some of the worst shots I've ever seen

Collins has good hold up play and excellent work rate, and I think he's going to be a important player for us. He scored 18 goals last year in a league that many say is similar to ours. Because they played to his strengths

snooky
27-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Sparky to Celtc would feel like death by a 1000 cuts ..... please nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :pray:

Geo_1875
27-12-2013, 12:17 PM
I don't understand why Celtc would want to spend any serious money in January. They don't need to strenghten for Europe and it looks like they'll win the league by some distance. So what would be the point?

They'll need to buy in January because they are likely to lose a couple of players for nothing in the summer and all their summer targets will be playing in the World Cup Final for Brazil and Spain.