PDA

View Full Version : New signings before new year derby??

Gordy M
26-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Any chance we will sign player(s) on the 1st jan before the game against the yams?? I know its not common but did bamba not leave us on the 1/2 jan, so it is possible? Just wondering if anyone had heard anything?

Ronniekirk
26-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Any chance we will sign player(s) on the 1st jan before the game against the yams?? I know its not common but did bamba not leave us on the 1/2 jan, so it is possible? Just wondering if anyone had heard anything?
Think it's unlikely It's more important he gets any signings right So unless they had been tracking someone for Inverness with a view to doing a deal then and they think that player is right for hibs I don't think anything will happen that early The derby with Harris and Heff coming off the Bench once we have done our usual rum out of ideas routine after dominating but not scoring will take care of itself I think but to get into top six we need 2 or three players that can hit the ground running and the quicker we can one or two in the better

Gordy M
26-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Think it's unlikely It's more important he gets any signings right So unless they had been tracking someone for Inverness with a view to doing a deal then and they think that player is right for hibs I don't think anything will happen that early The derby with Harris and Heff coming off the Bench once we have done our usual rum out of ideas routine after dominating but not scoring will take care of itself I think but to get into top six we need 2 or three players that can hit the ground running and the quicker we can one or two in the better
Yeh i agree we have to make the right signings, but im sure TB will already know his targets. Just wondered if any would be made as soon as the window opens.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Would really like us to get Higginbotham from Partick, been class for them.

Aldo
26-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Would really like us to get Higginbotham from Partick, been class for them.

This the lad that was at Falkirk then Huddersfield. Was he not on loan last season at well?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-12-2013, 02:38 PM
This the lad that was at Falkirk then Huddersfield. Was he not on loan last season at well?

Yeah:aok:

Aldo
26-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Yeah:aok:

Thot so. Looked decent.

judas
26-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Kenny miller please.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2013, 09:34 PM
I would doubt if we'll have anyone in place before next Thursday to be honest.

Last Minute
26-12-2013, 09:38 PM
don't be surprised to see super Leigh back on loan:wink:

MrSmith
26-12-2013, 09:41 PM

Actually, you know what? That would not surprise me in the slightest!

Flanny boy
26-12-2013, 09:43 PM
I think I would wet my underwear if this one became a reality :stirrer:

snooky
26-12-2013, 09:54 PM

No just you.
There will be a tsunami of p*** surging down ER if that happens. :partyhibb

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-12-2013, 09:54 PM

No chance, why would wolves loan out there top scorer?

SMAXXA
26-12-2013, 10:02 PM

Never gona happen I'm afraid

hibbymick
26-12-2013, 10:03 PM

Are you related to fatty foulkes ?

Hermit Crab
26-12-2013, 10:07 PM

Stop it. You'll get them frothing at the mouth with posts like that.

Flanny boy
26-12-2013, 10:07 PM
No just you.
There will be a tsunami of p*** surging down ER if that happens. :partyhibb
I think there would be more than
a tsunami of piss if this ever happens :agree:

Steven_Hibs
26-12-2013, 11:08 PM
No chance of Leigh coming back I'm afraid

hibseleven
27-12-2013, 12:03 AM
Just been told by the local taxi driver that Kris Boyd signs in Jan. Not sure i believe it but just thought i'd share.

shetlandhibee
27-12-2013, 03:44 AM
I would like Chris Johnstone and marley watkins because they can create lots of chances, are very talented and direct. I think that's one thing we've been lacking a bit recently (creativity) but that will change over time with butcher and his backroom staff. They will bring in they're own players to do the job. :-)

SaulGoodman
27-12-2013, 03:54 AM

Don't

sambajustice
27-12-2013, 06:32 AM
Riordan could come in on the 1st and bag a goal on the 2nd...

Free agent and all!!!!

:duck:

mutley
27-12-2013, 09:21 AM

Yeah,that would be astounding,but I know that it's not going to happen,BUT can you imagine the look on the yams faces if he came running out (and a cheeky hat trick would be nice too).

Oh I can dream I suppose

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

NAE NOOKIE
27-12-2013, 09:50 AM
The way this season is going I can see little point in bringing in any players in January especially just for the derby. We are a long shot for a European place through league position with ICT, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd all looking strong enough to maintain what they have. As things stand we should be able to do enough to avoid the play off place.

I would prefer to see how the team gets on when Alex Harris and Paul Heffernan return. I also want to see Jason Cummings get a decent shot ... I think the lad just needs a goal for him to really start taking off up front.

Its also easier to offload players in the summer and FWIW I cant help thinking there are a few players at ER who will be looking at the door then. Some because they aint going to make it and some because TB will be looking for players who can fit into the way he wants to play.

On that note ... I think someone one here said that Ben Williams is going to be out of contract soon .... wouldnt be surprised if a club down south comes calling for him. If that happens we are going to be looking for a keeper as well.

That McDonald lad over the road looks a decent prospect :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
27-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Jamie Murphy from Sheff Utd

Aldo
27-12-2013, 10:27 AM

Source!

Hermit Crab
27-12-2013, 10:44 AM

Source please.

YehButNoBut
27-12-2013, 06:56 PM
From Facebook, hopefully back in Edinburgh soon. :pray:

hibs till we die (https://www.facebook.com/pages/hibs-till-we-die/112174002140393)
Sparky hasn't settled in the midlands, and would like to return to Scotland according to a radio sports report in Wolverhampton. What do you think Hibees stranger things has happened in football we can dream can't we? GGTTH

Aldo
27-12-2013, 06:57 PM
From Facebook, hopefully back in Edinburgh soon. :pray: hibs till we die (https://www.facebook.com/pages/hibs-till-we-die/112174002140393) Sparky hasn't settled in the midlands, and would like to return to Scotland according to a radio sports report in Wolverhampton. What do you think Hibees stranger things has happened in football we can dream can't we? GGTTH

We can dream but cannot see it happening. Maybe along the M8 but not here. We cannot offer the wages he is on. Hope I'm wrong

YehButNoBut
27-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Just seen this in the local Wolverhampton press

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2013/12/27/kenny-jackett-wolves-star-leigh-griffiths-going-nowhere/

A radio report claimed Griffiths, who scored his 13th goal of the season in yesterday’s 2-0 win over Crewe, hasn’t settled in Wolverhampton and wants to return to Scotland.

Jackett dismissed the suggestions and said the 23-year-old will remain at Molineux while revealing he wants to strengthen the attack.

“There’s no way that’s the case,” said the head coach when asked if Griffiths wants out.

“He’s a big part of things here and we’re looking to improve our striking department if we can.

“Letting Leigh Griffiths go would not improve it.

“He’s very much part of my plans here and however I decide to use him – whether it’s from the start or after everyone has been running around for an hour – he can be a big contributor for us, as he has been so far this season.”

Griffiths was on the bench for the second successive game yesterday before arriving as a 59th-minute substitute for Dave Edwards alongside lone striker Jake Cassidy as Wolves remained second on goal difference behind leaders Leyton Orient, who come to Molineux on Sunday.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-12-2013, 08:13 PM
From Facebook, hopefully back in Edinburgh soon. :pray:

hibs till we die (https://www.facebook.com/pages/hibs-till-we-die/112174002140393)
Sparky hasn't settled in the midlands, and would like to return to Scotland according to a radio sports report in Wolverhampton. What do you think Hibees stranger things has happened in football we can dream can't we? GGTTH

He must be on something like 8-10k plus a week?

Sir David Gray
27-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Just seen this in the local Wolverhampton press

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2013/12/27/kenny-jackett-wolves-star-leigh-griffiths-going-nowhere/

A radio report claimed Griffiths, who scored his 13th goal of the season in yesterday’s 2-0 win over Crewe, hasn’t settled in Wolverhampton and wants to return to Scotland.

Jackett dismissed the suggestions and said the 23-year-old will remain at Molineux while revealing he wants to strengthen the attack.

“There’s no way that’s the case,” said the head coach when asked if Griffiths wants out.

“He’s a big part of things here and we’re looking to improve our striking department if we can.

“Letting Leigh Griffiths go would not improve it.

“He’s very much part of my plans here and however I decide to use him – whether it’s from the start or after everyone has been running around for an hour – he can be a big contributor for us, as he has been so far this season.”

Griffiths was on the bench for the second successive game yesterday before arriving as a 59th-minute substitute for Dave Edwards alongside lone striker Jake Cassidy as Wolves remained second on goal difference behind leaders Leyton Orient, who come to Molineux on Sunday.

I hate Kenny Jackett.

Speedway
27-12-2013, 10:30 PM
I hate Kenny Jackett.

You'll hate Neil Lennon even more in January.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-12-2013, 10:32 PM
You'll hate Neil Lennon even more in January.

Please, no?

SMAXXA
30-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Not before the derby but in general I would like to see us go for Murray Davidson from St J in the summer. Sure he's out of contract and free to speak to clubs in January.

leggeto
30-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Higginbotham,Boyd and super Leigh please

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Source!

Source please.

See when a paper posts a rumour do you email them asking for their "source"?

Aldo
30-12-2013, 12:33 PM
See when a paper posts a rumour do you email them asking for their "source"?

Yip

;-D.

Do you no like??

jgl07
30-12-2013, 12:42 PM
No chance, why would wolves loan out there top scorer?
Why would they leave their top scorer on the bench?

nribs
30-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Conor Sammon would be a great loan signing in January.

Aldo
30-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Conor Sammon would be a great loan signing in January.

He would but he's been doing quite well for Derby who are pushing for promotion. Can't see them letting him go, unless they have someone else lined up.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Can't see Derby letting Sammon slip through the net half way through an important season! Although I reckon he would jump at the chance to move

HoboHarry
30-12-2013, 01:32 PM
See Lyle Taylor who we tried to get (apparently) has signed for Partick. I can't help thinking that based on TB's previous with ICT that the usual names which get bandied about will be out for us this transfer window. No more recycling SPL or ex-SPL players for the most part. I expect that we won't have heard of most of the players we do sign....

Hibee-Bongo
30-12-2013, 01:36 PM
See on Twitter Rangers have told Dean Shiels he can leave. Not sure if another CM is a priority but would be great to have him back!

Aldo
30-12-2013, 01:40 PM
See on Twitter Rangers have told Dean Shiels he can leave. Not sure if another CM is a priority but would be great to have him back!

Deano isn't really a CM but more of an attacking one. If you get my drift.

Hibee-Bongo
30-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Deano isn't really a CM but more of an attacking one. If you get my drift.

True, could do a job in the hole playing behind Collins.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Why would they leave their top scorer on the bench?

Doesn't mean he's gonna leave though.

Dashing Bob S
30-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Can't see Derby letting Sammon slip through the net half way through an important season! Although I reckon he would jump at the chance to move

He'd certainly be a catch, but I think pay might be a problem. He'd be on top scale at Derby, though they may agree to farm him out for the rest of the season.

Northernhibee
30-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Salmon is en croute to us now.

HoboHarry
30-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Salmon is en croute to us now.
I got it... :greengrin