PDA

View Full Version : Two Fine Young men - My Condolences

Stantons Angel
25-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Just sitting here taking in all that's going on around me this Christmas Day and got to thinking of how devastated the parents, families and friends of those two young men who passed away recently, will undoubtedly be.

I'm surrounded by family and friends today and am so grateful for them and the lovely presents they have bestowed on me.

Two mothers have lost their sons, they were taken from them so quickly they must be devastated at their loss.

No matter what colour the lads wore during their games we are united in grieving for their parents at this time of year especially.

Yes they will have many good memories of their sons but nothing will compare to seeing the smiles on their faces when they scored a goal, or when their team won a game.

I hope i am never in the position they are in today, so lets take a minute to think of them and send them both our best wishes and support at this dreadful time.

Hibs and Hearts supporters have their "banter" with each other but i know that you will join me in sending our respects to both sets of parents.

GGTTH>

Biggie
25-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Here, here.....was doing exactly the same....every now and then my thoughts drift back to how the two families must be feeling and coping.
"Be strong","times a great healer", etc etc.....just don't cut it......definitely a day to be grateful for what we've got, and appreciate others not so fortunate....

Stantons Angel
25-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Here, here.....was doing exactly the same....every now and then my thoughts drift back to how the two families must be feeling and coping.
"Be strong","times a great healer", etc etc.....just don't cut it......definitely a day to be grateful for what we've got, and appreciate others not so fortunate....

My sentiments entirety! Merry Christmas to you.

oconnors_strip
25-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Been thinking non stop about the boys and their families. Will be hugging my nieces and nephews a little bit tighter today and saviour every moment with them.

Also taking time to think of their team mates and coaches

TornadoHibby
25-12-2013, 11:33 AM

Can't imagine what these parents and close family and friends must be going through, particularly today, but my thoughts are most definitely with them at this time of great loss for them!

I'm old eneough to know that time is a great healer but it won't feel much like that to them today!

I hope that there is/are fitting tributes from the respective clubs and fans to these young men at the most relevent opportunity (the New Year Derby match perhaps??) which each and every one of those attending respects and shows how clubs are part of a larger family where everyone is important!

BigKev
25-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Just sitting here taking in all that's going on around me this Christmas Day and got to thinking of how devastated the parents, families and friends of those two young men who passed away recently, will undoubtedly be.

I'm surrounded by family and friends today and am so grateful for them and the lovely presents they have bestowed on me.

Two mothers have lost their sons, they were taken from them so quickly they must be devastated at their loss.

No matter what colour the lads wore during their games we are united in grieving for their parents at this time of year especially.

Yes they will have many good memories of their sons but nothing will compare to seeing the smiles on their faces when they scored a goal, or when their team won a game.

I hope i am never in the position they are in today, so lets take a minute to think of them and send them both our best wishes and support at this dreadful time.

Hibs and Hearts supporters have their "banter" with each other but i know that you will join me in sending our respects to both sets of parents.

GGTTH>

Excellent post.

Thoughts are indeed with both sets of parents today.

Sadly there are probably others which aren't in the public domain and I hope they too can get over such an awful tragedy.

Rip men.

I'm sure both clubs will come up with a fitting tribute.

Kaff
25-12-2013, 12:04 PM

GGTTH>

Can't add anything to that

BroxburnHibee
25-12-2013, 12:10 PM

GGTTH>

Thats one of the finest things I've read on here all year - well done sir.

If you don't mind I'm going to use it.

Billy Whizz
25-12-2013, 12:12 PM

GGTTH>

Its the 1st thing I thought about this morning when I woke up.
They must be really feeling it today

jimmyboco1875
25-12-2013, 12:20 PM

GGTTH>

Great post mate, must admit one of the first things I thought of when woke up. RIP David and Jamie. Hope you's are having a wee kick about up there together

Stantons Angel
25-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Thats one of the finest things I've read on here all year - well done sir.

If you don't mind I'm going to use it.

Thank you for your kind comment and please feel free to use my post.

It would seem from the comments made that i am not the only one thinking of these boys today.

Life is to short at any time, so if you got something to say, say it! if you have something to do, do it!

If there is someone out there you haven't hugged for a while, then think how you would feel if something happened to them and you didn't get the chance to say goodbye.

Let Merry Christmas mean something in your life this Christmas day.....

Merry Christmas all you Hibbies out there!

Tha Cabbage Kid
25-12-2013, 12:46 PM

GGTTH>

best wishes to them all. will be a terribly tough time for them especially loosing them so young!

all the best to everyone on hibs.net

IFONLY
25-12-2013, 01:20 PM

GGTTH>

Jeanette thanks for putting in to words my thoughts, a beautiful post. I like many have been thinking about both boys and their families since the awful events. Thanks again Jeanette. Love from Tam xxxx

Cabbage7062
25-12-2013, 01:33 PM

GGTTH>

Brilliant post. Perfectly put. Thoughts go to family and friends of the young boys. Awful to happen at this time of year, as if there is ever a good time though.

s.a.m
25-12-2013, 01:34 PM
You've put very well what I'm sure a lot of us are thinking today. My condolences to the two families.

Aldo
25-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Had a few wee tears seeing my girls faces when they saw their presents. Then thought how lucky I was to have them both and my family around me today.... And then those who weren't as lucky (my aunt passed away yesterday) and who we're missing loved ones.

Rest in peace.

stu in nottingham
25-12-2013, 02:08 PM

GGTTH>

Beautiful post J. There is nothing that need be added.

BoltonHibee
25-12-2013, 06:37 PM

GGTTH>

Nothing to be added, great post.

I'm_cabbaged
25-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Was a topic of conversation this morning. Jamie was at school where my son goes and.my wife works, lovely laddie by all accounts!! David's mum was both my son's PE teacher. Was definitely a time to reflect and be grateful for what we've got.
Prayers and thoughts are with the families.

Jonnyboy
25-12-2013, 08:53 PM

GGTTH>

Excellent post :agree:

Christmas can be a very difficult time