PDA

View Full Version : Hibs travelling up to Dingwall on Thu morning?

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-12-2013, 02:25 PM
As opposed to staying overnight due to Christmas.

Will this have any influence on the outcome of the game?

Gus Fring
24-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Do you mean Thursday morning? Wednesday is Christmas Day. I think it's fair enough, I don't expect the players to give up Christmas for the sake of travelling up the day before. Who knows, maybe travelling up the day before is what makes us lose up there?

Danderhall Hibs
24-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Think they're up on Wednesday afternoon/evening? At least they were supposed to be (as of Saturday night).

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Oops! Losing track of the days already!

Meant to be travelling up on the day of the game as per Sundays papers.

Admins - feel free to amend the thread title, cheers!

Pretty Boy
24-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Think it was Liam Craig who said that Butcher had asked the players what they wanted to do and they agreed they would rather spend Christmas with their families (after training) and then travel up on boxing day.

oconnors_strip
24-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Just hope the weather is ok on the a9 for travelling!

B.H.F.C
24-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Usually stay up when we are there or Inverness and haven't won very often doing that so don't see it having a big difference.

Moulin Yarns
24-12-2013, 02:55 PM

Drumochter :greengrin

http://www.trafficscotland.org/components/livetrafficcameras/image.aspx?cam=86&ts=131224145358
(http://www.trafficscotland.org/components/livetrafficcameras/image.aspx?cam=86&ts=1387896918051)

http://www.trafficscotland.org/components/livetrafficcameras/image.aspx?cam=65&ts=1387896908286

oconnors_strip
24-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Drumochter :greengrin

http://www.trafficscotland.org/components/livetrafficcameras/image.aspx?cam=86&ts=131224145358
(http://www.trafficscotland.org/components/livetrafficcameras/image.aspx?cam=86&ts=1387896918051)

http://www.trafficscotland.org/components/livetrafficcameras/image.aspx?cam=65&ts=1387896908286

Exactly! I follow various travel accounts on twitter and the photos and updates have made me query if game will go ahead

scoopyboy
24-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Think they're up on Wednesday afternoon/evening? At least they were supposed to be (as of Saturday night).

Training Wednesday morning. Afternoon and evening with their families.

Leaving early Thursday morning.

scottish_sleepy
24-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Just driven up to Inverness this afternoon and the roads are starting to get a covering of snow. Police everywhere in their 4x4's keeping agood eye on the conditions. The snow gates were shut the other night for around 5 hours. The wind up here is crazy so it could be a game of long bangers :-)

Zondervan
24-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Exactly! I follow various travel accounts on twitter and the photos and updates have made me query if game will go ahead

The game should be fine.

All the twitter updates I am getting show Christmas night and Boxing Day to be calm, although it will take a turn for the worse over Thursday night into Friday.

hibee62
24-12-2013, 04:03 PM

I hope its closed and Hibs are unable to travel, it will teach the SFA a lesson! How hard is it to arrange 3 games around Christmas and New Year in the local area? Inverness, Ross County and Aberdeen can all play each other? Or move it to the 27th? Ridiculous scheduling!

Gettin' Auld
24-12-2013, 04:27 PM
I hope its closed and Hibs are unable to travel, it will teach the SFA a lesson! How hard is it to arrange 3 games around Christmas and New Year in the local area? Inverness, Ross County and Aberdeen can all play each other? Or move it to the 27th? Ridiculous scheduling!

Local area?......I agree with the sentiment, but Aberdeen is almost as far away from Dingwall, as it is from Edinburgh. :wink:

Pretty Boy
24-12-2013, 04:32 PM

Inverness v Ross County
Celtic v Partick Thistle
Hibs v St Johnstone
Aberdeen v Dundee Utd
Motherwell v Kilmarnock
Hearts v St Mirren

Simple and no one travelling ridiculous distances.

weonlywon6-2
24-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Think it was Liam Craig who said that Butcher had asked the players what they wanted to do and they agreed they would rather spend Christmas with their families (after training) and then travel up on boxing day.

If thats the case its a good move by butcher,and the right one

hibee62
24-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Local area?......I agree with the sentiment, but Aberdeen is almost as far away from Dingwall, as it is from Edinburgh. :wink:

Really? My bad. You see the point though, it's possible to avoid this situation!

Still closer to Dingwall than Edinburgh mind!

DanTheMan
24-12-2013, 06:16 PM
I was planning to go up in the car but after seeing the images from Traffic Scotland I don't think I will be there looks horrendous.

Moulin Yarns
24-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Of course, for all the flumps looking in we are traveling up on the day because we are broke and can't afford the accommodation.

Franck Stanton
24-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Just a thought - Why don't we just give RC the 3 points, not go all that way in freezing conditions, let our players stay with their loved ones and as an added bonus to this idea, put another 3 points between RC and the knuckle dragging , windae-licking, puddle drinkers from the PBS thereby adding to their woes.

B.H.F.C
24-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Inverness v Ross County
Celtic v Partick Thistle
Hibs v St Johnstone
Aberdeen v Dundee Utd
Motherwell v Kilmarnock
Hearts v St Mirren

Simple and no one travelling ridiculous distances.

Utd v Sheep and Highland derby are new year fixtures.

Also it's not just us affected on Boxing Day. Motherwell are away to Aberdeen and Inverness to Partick. Due to there being two highland teams someone is always going to have to travel at some point but to have so many teams traveling long distances is scandalous.

SouthamptonHibs
24-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Great day out 8 hours return bus journey to watch the Hibees roll on Thursday I'll be there, we have to play them sometime! With Killie sheep ict and county in the league if it's an away game at Boxing Day chances are it's gonna be far away, look on the bright side we can't win at Easter road I think we should play all our games away if home, going to Easter road is terrible no atmosphere no Wins and thousands off empty seats! Roll on Dingwall hail hail

lyonhibs
24-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Just to pre-empt any *****y excuses re: distance or weather (yes, the scheduling is a joke, but it remains a fitbaw game played 11 v 11 on a bit of grass), I think the most deserving team will win this one.

SkintHibby
25-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Am I wrong in not caring if Ross County beat us and open up an even bigger gap with Hearts?

Jones28
25-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Am I wrong in not caring if Ross County beat us and open up an even bigger gap with Hearts?

Yes. Hibs should come first! Those knuckle dragging, **** pedlars are certain to be relegated anyway.

B.H.F.C
25-12-2013, 09:32 AM

Aye because we aren't all that far in front of RC.

Not caring if Hibs lose? Ridiculous thing to say.

Eyrie
25-12-2013, 10:41 AM

I'd rather we got the three points tomorrow and then helped Ross County out by taking another three on 2nd of January.

IFONLY
25-12-2013, 01:36 PM
I'd rather we got the three points tomorrow and then helped Ross County out by taking another three on 2nd of January.

Now thats a sensible take on it!!!!!

Brooster
25-12-2013, 01:46 PM

Yes you are wrong. We all want hearts relegated but Hibs results are more important.

hibee62
25-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Just to pre-empt any *****y excuses re: distance or weather (yes, the scheduling is a joke, but it remains a fitbaw game played 11 v 11 on a bit of grass), I think the most deserving team will win this one.

No excuses re the result, I just feel sorry for the players having to leave family so early and the fans who would normally make the journey but won't because f the time of year! Also take note that county had to travel to us last year and won!

NAE NOOKIE
25-12-2013, 03:06 PM
If they leave early and its still dark the worst part of the journey will be the first 4 miles or so of the the bypass coming out of Leith. No white paint, no cats eyes and no street lights ......... The only way you know you are on a road is coz there are cars in front of you .. its a bloody disgrace !!!

Just sayin' like.

Hermit Crab
25-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Who's all going them? How many fans do we think will travel up? I'm going so that's one :D

frazeHFC
25-12-2013, 07:03 PM
No snow at all up here in Inverness so no worries about the match but it's getting here that could be a problem. A9 was shut the other day for a bit, dad and sister luckily managed to make it up. Sure it will be fine, and TB will have the players well up for it.

:flag:

Whole family going, sisters first away game, told them to sit well away from me though. :tee hee: :greengrin

SteveHFC
25-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Who's all going them? How many fans do we think will travel up? I'm going so that's one :D

I'm going so that's 2 :greengrin

DanTheMan
25-12-2013, 07:52 PM

We are still undecided due to the weather. Anyone driving?

Billy Whizz
25-12-2013, 08:03 PM

How else are you going to get there

DanTheMan
25-12-2013, 08:05 PM

Bus

oconnors_strip
25-12-2013, 08:06 PM

Still spaces on the four in hand bus if you don't want to drive but want to go.

There is 3 supporters buses going so hopefully a decent wee crowd

Bristolhibby
25-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Utd v Sheep and Highland derby are new year fixtures.

Also it's not just us affected on Boxing Day. Motherwell are away to Aberdeen and Inverness to Partick. Due to there being two highland teams someone is always going to have to travel at some point but to have so many teams traveling long distances is scandalous.

Or they could do what they do in the rugby (Edinburgh v Glasgow) and just play each other three times over the festive period.

J

HibbyAndy
25-12-2013, 11:32 PM

Bus

eaststandfin
25-12-2013, 11:40 PM
This is one of the few times being a Highland Hibby comes in handy! Thankfully I'm home in Inverness for Christmas holidays, so half an hour in the car to Dingwall for me!

Pete
25-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Great day out 8 hours return bus journey to watch the Hibees roll on Thursday I'll be there, we have to play them sometime! With Killie sheep ict and county in the league if it's an away game at Boxing Day chances are it's gonna be far away, look on the bright side we can't win at Easter road I think we should play all our games away if home, going to Easter road is terrible no atmosphere no Wins and thousands off empty seats! Roll on Dingwall hail hail

:rolleyes:

green&left
26-12-2013, 09:02 AM
No excuses re the result, I just feel sorry for the players having to leave family so early and the fans who would normally make the journey but won't because f the time of year! Also take note that county had to travel to us last year and won!

Feel more sorry for the bus drivers, publicans, taxi drivers, emergency services, retail workers etc etc all having to leave their families Xmas day/Boxing for what would feel like a pittance compared to what some footballers get kickin a ba' around for an hour and a half :wink:

Wee disaronno and orange juice for breakfast to delay the hangover until I get more peeve up north. Mon the Hibees :flag:

lucky
26-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Due to yesterdays alcohol intake I'm giving it a miss. Not worth risking driving after only 8 hours rest. Those who are going enjoy your day