PDA

View Full Version : On a positive note....

Pretty Boy
24-12-2013, 01:01 PM
This season in the league we have only conceded more than 1 goal 3 times (2 twice and 3 once). 5 clean sheets as well.

For all we have an issue at RB the stats seems to suggest we have a pretty solid base to build from at the back. I honestly can't think of one game were Williams has been hugely overworked.

I've been a critic of Hanlon in the past but he has been massively improved this season and Nelson has played a part in that imo.

If only we could score.....

southern hibby
24-12-2013, 01:11 PM
This season in the league we have only conceded more than 1 goal 3 times (2 twice and 3 onces).

For all we have an issue at RB the stats seems to suggest we have a pretty solid base to build from at the back. I honestly can't think of one game were Williams has been hugely overworked.

I've been a critic of Hanlon in the past but he has been massively improved this season and Nelson has played a part in that imo.

If only we could score.....

Have to agree with the part about having a good defense to work with. However I'm wondering if this is to do with midfield being defense minded and not attacking minded. However If and when we get a more attacking minded midfield will we be opened up more? Also I thought that Celtic a home and Partick away worked Williams, maybe not the way your suggesting but they still made him work hard. GGTTH

147lothian
24-12-2013, 11:07 PM
I like Neilson glad to see him back, but I agree the midfield has helped to protect the defence, we still need wide players for going forward though, over to you Harris

monktonharp
24-12-2013, 11:37 PM
This season in the league we have only conceded more than 1 goal 3 times (2 twice and 3 once). 5 clean sheets as well.

If only we could score.....the defense is a lot better , lately but we need a right back! thought Forster was getting turned inside out, in the first half last week.others raved about his forward play in the second half, but do remember saints were operating with a man short. Hanlon has been pretty good of late and we are not shipping loads of goals. A decent team has to build from a solid back four but we are not there yet. I also think that we are not going to get a sudden turn around with young Harris being available and if others think he will be a probable answer, they'll be disappointed imho.

marti1875
25-12-2013, 12:18 AM
the defense is a lot better , lately but we need a right back! thought Forster was getting turned inside out, in the first half last week.others raved about his forward play in the second half, but do remember saints were operating with a man short. Hanlon has been pretty good of late and we are not shipping loads of goals. A decent team has to build from a solid back four but we are not there yet. I also think that we are not going to get a sudden turn around with young Harris being available and if others think he will be a probable answer, they'll be disappointed imho.

Completely agree with all that. I fear for young Harris too as many seem to think he is our saviour and overnight he will change everything singlehanded.
Of course, he's a very exciting prospect for sure and i sincerely hope he does indeed change the way we play, i just think there seems to be alot of weight being put on his shoulders alone for when he returns.

SkintHibby
25-12-2013, 12:54 AM
I've just came from the BBC website reading about the problems at Cardiff City.

So on a positive note we have people at the top who are 100% for Hibernian FC and a manager who will ensure Hibs beat the Merricks 11.

Merry Christmas Hibees!

Pretty Boy
26-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Another clean sheet today.