PDA

View Full Version : Heffernan and Harris back in training

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Terry said in his Hibernian Tv interview that they are both back training, aswell as Clancy. Good news:greengrin.

Iceman1875
23-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Would be a great boost to have them back for the weekend and then the derby, especially heff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

hibees 7062
23-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Would be a great boost to have them back for the weekend and then the derby, especially heff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

When / where was his last hatrick :greengrin

#FromTheCapital
23-12-2013, 10:57 PM
We need these two back asap. Both would make a huge difference at the moment.

TheFamous1875
23-12-2013, 11:11 PM
4-3-3 with these folk back!

Williams.

Forster/. Nelson. Hanlon. Stevenson.
Clancy.

Robertson. Thomson. Craig.

Heffernan. Collins. Harris.

Heff and Collins as two strikers, accompanied by Harris as the peripheral attack. Thomson in the middle to free up Robertson and Craig so they can contribute to their full potential (they're crying out for Thomson to free them of holding responsibilities (especially Craig). I think we could really get the best out of these players with this formation.

Forster, the jury's still out as he's not a right back (yet) and if Clancy's back, hopefully he can go back to where he was meant to be (even though he seems like a CB himself!)

If we could see this taking place by February, we could potentially see ourselves making a mark in the league, especially if we're flanked by new, good signings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SaulGoodman
23-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Heffernan and Harris back :hyper:

Strengthening in January :hyper:

Bronson
23-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Both desperately needed, Heff for his natural poaching and Harris for his pace and general quality which we, as a team, severely lack at the minute.

Pete
24-12-2013, 05:01 AM
No pressure then Alex.

Just come straight back in and save our season.:tee hee:

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-12-2013, 08:36 AM
We do seem to be expecting an awful lot from these two lads when they get back to match fitness.

TheFamous1875
24-12-2013, 08:45 AM
We do seem to be expecting an awful lot from these two lads when they get back to match fitness.

Fair enough re the Heff, he's a proven and experienced pro - but Harris? Nae danger, the boy's a bairn! Like all the youths, he should be introduced to a structured and experienced team, and have their talents nurtured, not be the solution to underachievement! I really can't wait 'til we get to that point..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Viva_Palmeiras
24-12-2013, 08:53 AM
No pressure then Alex.

Just come straight back in and save our season.:tee hee:

Alex, Alex we love you but you've only got fourteen hours to save the Earth...
So you and Brian Blessed get a shift on!

I dunno what folks are thinking. The boy has got talent but thinking he's the silver bullet? Lets leave the cling-on stuff to the yams...

DanHFC1875
24-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Alex, Alex we love you but you've only got fourteen hours to save the Earth...
So you and Brian Blessed get a shift on!

I dunno what folks are thinking. The boy has got talent but thinking he's the silver bullet? Lets leave the cling-on stuff to the yams...

Can't even say you're glad to have a few players back these days #DooMnGlooM

Leighonel
24-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Butcher should say Harris is only 50% before the game, when he is actually fit, then bring him on with 20 minutes to go. Even if he is only at 80% he will rip them apart.

Nevi_SOL
24-12-2013, 10:07 AM
If he isn't 100% not a chance I would play him especially in the derby. We all know what they cretins are like. Anyway fantastic news 2 key players are back

Brightside
24-12-2013, 10:30 AM
If he isn't 100% not a chance I would play him especially in the derby. We all know what they cretins are like. Anyway fantastic news 2 key players are back

I don't want to see Harris anywhere near the first team till end of January at the earliest. He'll need a few u20 games to get up to speed and build up the ankle properly. Lets not rush the lad.

Frazerbob
24-12-2013, 10:47 AM
I can't help thinking that we are piling too much pressure on Harris. He looked good towards the end of last season and turned the semi but he's still very young and seemed to be dragged down to the rest's level before his injury.

R'Albin
24-12-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't want to see Harris anywhere near the first team till end of January at the earliest. He'll need a few u20 games to get up to speed and build up the ankle properly. Lets not rush the lad.

Exactly. I'd rather not see him play against Hearts at this point in time. Their season is ****ed already so I'm sure they'll have guys willing to sacrifice a few games in order to break Harris and harm ours.

--------
24-12-2013, 10:49 AM

Some folks never learn. There's no such thing as a quick fix, and Butcher has said this more than once already. IMO a major part of the problem at ER is the impatience of some of the fans - they want every sorted RIGHT NOW, and when that doesn't happen, they go after the players they perceive to be failing them, and the manager who can't do miracles. Butcher needs time, and so do Harris and Heffernan and Clancy. But hey, let's bring them back into the team really soon, and then we can watch them break down again, and have tree great big threads on here complaining and moaning about 'sick-note' players.

Absolutely agree. :agree:

Winston Ingram
24-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Younger players tend to recover a lot quicker so to get him up to speed won't take as long as someone who's 24-25 or 29-30.

If we could get Harris a few minutes from the bench next couple of games he could be ready to tear McHattie a new one for the full 90 on the 2nd:greengrin

--------
24-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Younger players tend to recover a lot quicker so to get him up to speed won't take as long as someone who's 24-25 or 29-30.

If we could get Harris a few minutes from the bench next couple of games he could be ready to tear McHattie a new one for the full 90 on the 2nd:greengrin

Really?

Rushing players back after serious injury usually in my experience risks a further breakdown and the possible exacerbation of the problem.

Likesay - some folks want everything sorted yesterday. :bitchy:

jdships
24-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Really?

Rushing players back after serious injury usually in my experience risks a further breakdown and the possible exacerbation of the problem.

:agree::thumbsup:
Understand from my lads that Harris is at a very early stage and is doing no contact work .
Hefferman is " desperate " to be playing "
Would rather wait longer and get the "real" AH back !!

:flag:

Winston Ingram
24-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Really?

Sorry, your right about that but what I was meaning was cardio fitness.

As for further exacerbation of his particular injury, it could but if he's back in full training it's obviously been decided he's ready.

MurrayfieldHibs
24-12-2013, 12:01 PM
:agree::thumbsup:
Understand from my lads that Harris is at a very early stage and is doing no contact work .
Hefferman is " desperate " to be playing "
Would rather wait longer and get the "real" AH back !!

Hope Alex takes the right amount of time to ensure that he comes back fit and doesn't get injured again. He looks a good long term prospect.

DAVE1875
24-12-2013, 12:08 PM
I'd rather see both make a few appearances for our EOS side before coming back into the first team, especially Harris since he's been out since the first week of the season

Viva_Palmeiras
24-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Can't even say you're glad to have a few players back these days #DooMnGlooM

Sorry but my previous would suggest otherwise. Just being realistic he's a young boy of course I welcome him back but he's not the messiah and there's a danger all our hopes get pinned on him. Time for others to step up to the plate.

weonlywon6-2
24-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Did they not say Heff may play at ross county??

Harris is a distance away just now from coming back

Unseen work
24-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Being back in training and being fit is too completely different things. Think it will be start of feb before he's fully fit to play for the first team.

The pressure side we are putting a lot on the young guy but... He has the talent and unfortunately it's part of the Burden being good comes with. I'm sure he as well as butcher will handle it correctly

ancient hibee
24-12-2013, 05:33 PM
Butcher clearly said that Harris is doing no contact work.For a player in his position an ankle injury is the worst kind.Don't think he'll be back any time soon.

--------
24-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Sorry, your right about that but what I was meaning was cardio fitness.

As for further exacerbation of his particular injury, it could but if he's back in full training it's obviously been decided he's ready.

But he's not - he's only involved in non-contact work. My opinion, this isn't the time to take chances with him. I'd think that Heffernan alone will make a difference - he and Collins were beginning to look a pairing just before he was injured. Butcher can only do so much with the players he has at his disposal, but hopefully we'll see a couple of additions next month.

147lothian
24-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Theres a difference between a hamstring injury and and ankle break, as much as I want to see Harris back his long term health is what's more important, he needs under 20's games, then sub appearances first, lets not epect too much too soon from the lad

lord bunberry
24-12-2013, 06:36 PM
We may be building up these two guys as saviours but can anyone really blame us, imo harris and the heff returning gives us creativity goals and hope that our season might still be turned around. Surely it's better to have hope than just expect more of the same dross.

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2013, 11:14 PM
I dont think anyone is suggesting we throw these players in when they are injured or not ready to play? :confused:

B.H.F.C
24-12-2013, 11:53 PM
I don't think these two are being built up too much. People are just excited to see a couple of players coming back who might be able to provide what the players playing haven't been able to do.

If we want to turn this in to a remotely decent season then we are at the stage where we need to do it now. Harris may take a bit time to get back up to speed but Heffernan is an experienced player and he's only been out a month. I'm looking for him to get back in to the team soon and score some goals. Yes we don't create chance after chance for our strikers but the ones playing spend a lot of time outside the box. Heffernan won't. We are putting a lot more crosses in now so he should be able to sniff chances out somewhere.

--------
25-12-2013, 04:00 PM
I dont think anyone is suggesting we throw these players in when they are injured or not ready to play? :confused:

I disagree. Some of the posters on this thread seem to me to be doing exactly that. :rolleyes:

After the Partick game Heffernan said he was training and hoped to be back in about a fortnight. How he's progressed since then, I don't know, but it appears that his progress hasn't been as good as he'd hoped.

Harris has started non-contact work after a serious ankle injury, yet folks are talking about getting him on for a few minutes in the next couple of games with a view to playing him as a second-half sub in the derby.

I'd like them back right now as much as anyone, but I don't think that's going to happen. Not with Harris, certainly - he'll need months of work yet, and it would be just plain stupid to rush him - as some are suggesting we do.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2013, 05:56 PM
I disagree. Some of the posters on this thread seem to me to be doing exactly that. :rolleyes:

After the Partick game Heffernan said he was training and hoped to be back in about a fortnight. How he's progressed since then, I don't know, but it appears that his progress hasn't been as good as he'd hoped.

Harris has started non-contact work after a serious ankle injury, yet folks are talking about getting him on for a few minutes in the next couple of games with a view to playing him as a second-half sub in the derby.

I'd like them back right now as much as anyone, but I don't think that's going to happen. Not with Harris, certainly - he'll need months of work yet, and it would be just plain stupid to rush him - as some are suggesting we do.

Just read the whole thread again, and nobody is suggesting they should play while injured or indeed they are ready to play. There's a couple who want them back as soon as possible, but that's not if they are injured?

Cant see what the problem is really, we wont play them until they are ready, and even if someone was frothing at the mouth here demanding they played while unfit and injured, i don't think for one moment the club would do it?

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-12-2013, 12:00 PM
When Butcher and Harris were in the Clubhouse chatting to the fans before the St J game, TB said "It would be great if we could him back for the Hearts game". He followed that up by saying "He's not yet fully training but he's getting closer". Personally think it will be the end of Jan/start of Feb. Hopefully get him back to help our Scottish cup run

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Just seen the back page of the Evening News when I done a Lucozade run along to the corner shop. Headline was 'Hibs to be given huge derby boost with the return of Harris and Heffernan'

26-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Just seen the back page of the Evening News when I done a Lucozade run along to the corner shop. Headline was 'Hibs to be given huge derby boost with the return of Harris and Heffernan'

Would be great but don't see it happening, certainly not in the starting 11 anyway.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Would be a boost even to see wee Boozy bk on the bench