PDA

View Full Version : sherwood gets Spurs job

lucky
23-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Sky reporting Sherwood had been given the Spurs jo. Until 2014/15. I'm a bit surprised they've not gone for a bigger name

J-C
23-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Sky reporting Sherwood had been given the Spurs jo. Until 2014/15. I'm a bit surprised they've not gone for a bigger name

Why, he knows the club inside out, knows the way Spurs should play and seems to be a good man manager as you can see by the way he's got Adebayor playing again.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Decent appointment if true IMO. Comes across well in interviews

Jonnyboy
23-12-2013, 08:59 PM
One thing's for sure, he won't tolerate any interference from above. Very outspoken is TS

MWHIBBIES
23-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Huge Arsenal fan I think, that will no doubt be used as a stick to beat him with if things aren't going well.

TheFamous1875
23-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Could be a master stroke. I'm very glad they've eschewed current international 'poster boy' trends and gone for someone who knows and cares about the club. He has the managerial potential to back it up, too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HibbyAndy
23-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Fail.

JimBHibees
23-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Fail.

Completely agree, awful appointment IMO.

Allant1981
23-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Completely agree, awful appointment IMO.

Why?

Sir David Gray
23-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Decent appointment if true IMO. Comes across well in interviews

He comes across as extremely self-confident, cocky almost, I'll certainly give you that.

I had never really heard him speak publicly until a couple of days ago but I've heard him a few times now and can't really take to him.

JimBHibees
23-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Why?

What are his managerial credentials? Actually think he comes over very poorly in interviews and dont think he will be able to match up against some of the top managers in the EPL. Massive gamble IMO. Would have been better bringing back Redknapp.

JimBHibees
23-12-2013, 09:24 PM
He comes across as extremely self-confident, cocky almost, I'll certainly give you that.

I had never really heard him speak publicly until a couple of days ago but I've heard him a few times now and can't really take to him.

Agree full of himself without having anything to back it up. Will end in tears IMO.

NOLA
23-12-2013, 09:43 PM
is this his 1st managers job? huge gamble from spurs not to go for an experienced manager, hope they get relegated :greengrin

Hiber-nation
23-12-2013, 09:55 PM

Arrogant tw@t, always hated him since he said he would encourage players to dive. Hope he fails miserably.

SmashinGlass
23-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Because the way you respond to the press questioning you gives every indication of your managerial ability......

Gus Fring
23-12-2013, 11:10 PM
An interesting appointment given he has 0 official qualifications. He hasn't done his coaching badges yet.

ScottB
23-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Sounds like they've not been able to get a primary target in straight away, and Sherwood has been very vocal about not wanting to be caretaker, perhaps they've just given him it 'permanently' for now, if he does well, great, if not he's out in the summer when Van Gaal or whoever else can be brought in.

Wotherspiniesta
23-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Because the way you respond to the press questioning you gives every indication of your managerial ability......

Exactly.

How one poster can call him an "awful appointment" really does beggar belief. He's managed two games. I often wonder why folk want a "big name" for their club. Surely the bigger the name the bigger the expectation to do well and the more pressure the guy is under? We appointed Mowbray and nobody had ever heard of him, yet that turned out alrite for us.

Only time will tell if Sherwood can fire Spurs up the league.

jacomo
24-12-2013, 12:09 AM
Sounds like they've not been able to get a primary target in straight away, and Sherwood has been very vocal about not wanting to be caretaker, perhaps they've just given him it 'permanently' for now, if he does well, great, if not he's out in the summer when Van Gaal or whoever else can be brought in.

Probably, but feels like Spurs don't really know what they are doing at the moment. Sherwood beats an out of form Soton and they give him a contract - he has zero managerial experience.

This is a big risk but then appointing AVB, spending £100m in one summer and then sacking AVB four months later were all big risks. Time will tell but not sure Spurs are any closer to that coveted top four finish after all this.

Since90+2
24-12-2013, 06:28 AM
Sherwood wont be in the job past the summer IMO.

They needed to give him a 18 month contract as the players probably woudnt have the same respect if he was only interim manager and his contract due up in the summer. I think they will go for Michael Laudrup at the end of the season who has already said he wont leave a club mid season.

This way Sherwood gets his foot on the managerial ladder and will probably get a full time job elsewhere if he does reasonably well. Spurs dont have to pay a huge amount for him and they get the man they want in the summer.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-12-2013, 06:52 AM
Looks like they have appointed a fan's favourite to appease the fans. Can't remember the last time that a complete novice in terms of management, got a really big job first and made a go of it? Dalglish at Liverpool maybe? Even then the comparison is not the same.

sambajustice
24-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Looks like they have appointed a fan's favourite to appease the fans. Can't remember the last time that a complete novice in terms of management, got a really big job first and made a go of it? Dalglish at Liverpool maybe? Even then the comparison is not the same.

Neil Lennon

Alistair McCoist

Hibby Bairn
24-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Seems like a decent enough guy to me.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Neil Lennon

Alistair McCoist

Meant down South.

The_Todd
24-12-2013, 09:19 AM

I don't think Sherwood is at all a fans favourite, at least not in terms of getting the job.

DanHFC1875
24-12-2013, 09:29 AM
I don't think Sherwood is at all a fans favourite, at least not in terms of getting the job.

Giving Sherwood the Job is shear LUNACY.... BUT, LEVY IS A LOONY.

heretoday
24-12-2013, 05:46 PM
He's not a popular appointment as Spurs fans always want a big name nowadays. He is one of these guys who refers to himself in the 3rd person. I always think a screw is loose somewhere when I hear that. He'll be gone by March once Spurs start sliding down the league.