PDA

View Full Version : The top 3 things that irritate you about football

lyonhibs
23-12-2013, 06:06 PM
I don't mean that it has become too expensive, fans treated as consumers, pish ko times etc etc, I mean things that happen on the field of play at all levels of football.

I often find myself getting really pissed off watching games of a much higher quality than anything I've ever seen at ER that I otherwise don't give a fig about, mainly for 3 "crimes" that really annoy me.

1) Massive over-complication when 25 yards out/general lack of balls to shoot. Tap, tap, tap, stepover, pass it wide, stepover, try dinked through ball etc etc. Just ****ING shoot. If you have any technique and self confidence (and for the money top flight footballers get paid, they bloody well should have) and you find yourself 25 yards out on your favoured foot, shooting should be the rule. Instant free-kick for *****hawkery if you chicken out and pass (well, maybe not...)

2) The inability, whether from open play or a free kick, to not clear the first man when crossing it. Crossing the ball with any semblance of quality on a consistent basis seems to be a dying art, even at the highest echelons of the game.

3) Making the gesture to the ref to give an opponent a yellow card. It matters not if the opponent in question has just kicked you square in the goolies, doing that infuriating hand gesture as if you run the game would get you an instant dead arm from Duncan Ferguson if I had my way.

Other ones?

jimmyboco1875
23-12-2013, 06:08 PM
I don't mean that it has become too expensive, fans treated as consumers, pish ko times etc etc, I mean things that happen on the field of play at all levels of football.

I often find myself getting really pissed off watching games of a much higher quality than anything I've ever seen at ER that I otherwise don't give a fig about, mainly for 3 "crimes" that really annoy me.

1) Massive over-complication when 25 yards out/general lack of balls to shoot. Tap, tap, tap, stepover, pass it wide, stepover, try dinked through ball etc etc. Just ****ING shoot. If you have any technique and self confidence (and for the money top flight footballers get paid, they bloody well should have) and you find yourself 25 yards out on your favoured foot, shooting should be the rule. Instant free-kick for *****hawkery if you chicken out and pass (well, maybe not...)

2) The inability, whether from open play or a free kick, to not clear the first man when crossing it. Crossing the ball with any semblance of quality on a consistent basis seems to be a dying art, even at the highest echelons of the game.

3) Making the gesture to the ref to give an opponent a yellow card. It matters not if the opponent in question has just kicked you square in the goolies, doing that infuriating hand gesture as if you run the game would get you an instant dead arm from Duncan Ferguson if I had my way.

Other ones?

Players going down with the slightest of touches, it's going to be non contact in 10 years

Sir David Gray
23-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Players putting their hand up, to appeal to the referee that it should be their team that gets a corner or a throw-in etc, when it's quite clearly the opposition's ball and they know perfectly well that's the case.

Just that one for now but I'm sure I'll be back shortly.

Pretty Boy
23-12-2013, 06:10 PM
1) Floated corners. Drill the ****ing ball in.

2) The apparent unwillingness of linesmen to get involved. See Saturday and the Collins penalty. The linesman was right in line with that, he should have ran straight to the corner or whatever the sign is and made the refs decision for him, he hesitated and the ref made a shocking decision.

3) The length of time it takes to make a sub. Not sure if it's just a Hibs thing but it seems to take absolutely ages.

07hibee
23-12-2013, 06:11 PM

Other ones?
Players trying to change a referees mind about sending offs/ pens,never seen a ref change his mind yet I dont think,not sure if theyre allowed to.

HibbyAndy
23-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Goalkeepers time wasting after 20 minutes!!!..Craig Gordon was the worlds worst...Derbys at Easter rd and this idiot timewasting when the game had barely just begun.

theonlywayisup
23-12-2013, 06:15 PM

Other ones?

We saw it again on Saturday. A player goes down in their penalty box and lies as if dead. Play is stopped to wait for the trainer to come on. After a quick rub of the magic sponge, the player makes a miraculous recovery and waves his arm to get back on, which happens whilst the ball is being played back to the team that kicks the ball out. Net result is that i have been cheated out of a minute of play whilst all of this goes on.

I am firmly of the belief that if a trainer has to come onto the pitch, then that player should be off for 5 minutes. I don't believe that players can make recoveries like what happens during every match.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-12-2013, 06:23 PM
That boy Murray went down and I thought oh aye here we go but hobbled off and eventually went off.
Not always as straightforward as it seems. I remember going to Glenshee with the school skiing and we stopped to try on the skis at the bottom (quick on check the bindings then off again) of the slope one boy flopped over (we were just standing nothing more) and he broke his leg - nuts!

matty_f
23-12-2013, 06:36 PM
That boy Murray went down and I thought oh aye here we go but hobbled off and eventually went off.
Not always as straightforward as it seems. I remember going to Glenshee with the school skiing and we stopped to try on the skis at the bottom (quick on check the bindings then off again) of the slope one boy flopped over (we were just standing nothing more) and he broke his leg - nuts!

Breaking your leg-nuts sounds painful. :greengrin

cleanyman
23-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Fans clapping a headed back pass.....why?

The inability to shoot

The poorness of the current Hibs shooting.

23-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Players going down with the slightest of touches, it's going to be non contact in 10 years

Absolutely, players going down after the slightest touch and rolling around the deck as if they've been shot. Embarrassing really.

hibbymick
23-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Defenders clearly obstructing players to let the ball cross the by line, wouldnt have happened in my day. :grr:

givescotlandfreedom
23-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Players putting their hand up, to appeal to the referee that it should be their team that gets a corner or a throw-in etc, when it's quite clearly the opposition's ball and they know perfectly well that's the case.

Just that one for now but I'm sure I'll be back shortly.

Players going down then grabbing the ball before a foul's been given does my nut in and seems to work.

Danderhall Hibs
23-12-2013, 07:01 PM
The obstruction that's allowed so long as it's a defender near the goal line.

Poor refereeing and the blind loyalty they all show to each other when it's clear they're in the wrong.

The applauding of a player by his own fans whose had a red card and let his team down.

Time wasting and how it's never timed properly by refs - get the 4th official to time it.

The 4th official.

Give me a few minutes and I'll have a proper think about this...

3pm
23-12-2013, 07:07 PM
1. Hearts.

2. Tynecastle.

3. Hearts U20's.

Alfred E Newman
23-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Passing back to the goalkeeper from 40 yards out for the goalkeeper to punt it out of play 30yards out.

Greentinted
23-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Players doing that petty, immature-as-**** taking a throw-in from nowhere near where it was given (in a similar vein also moving the ball when its placed by the ref as soon as his back's turned)

The fact the ball is in play for only around 60mins during a so-called 90mins contest (independent timekeeper similar to rugby would sort that)

Assistant managers aping the managers gesticulations just slightly out of time (more amusing than annoying to be fair)

poolman
23-12-2013, 07:14 PM
1. Hearts.

2. Tynecastle.

3. Hearts U20's.

Hearts players

Hearts managers

Hearts fans

hibbeedavid
23-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Short corners we've been trying to do them since Miller was in charge and I think we've maybe scored from one in about 18 years! (Get Zitelli back to coach how to take a corner!)

Players who can't seem to manage a simple 10 yd pass - plenty of current and former Hibs players guilty of this!

Players who wear short sleeve shirts with gloves

Pete
23-12-2013, 07:18 PM
When someone scores and they push their team mates away who want to celebrate with him. It's often so they can selfishly make their own wee point or do some stupid dance. If I was a manager I would warn my players not to do anything like that and if they ignored me they'd be fined and dropped. It's a team game.

Any boots that aren't black on young players. In fact, it doesn't matter what age they are they should be wearing black boots.

Hibee Ryan
23-12-2013, 08:05 PM
If defenders are running towards their own goal with the ball and an attacker is chasing them, they can just fall over and instantly get a free kick despite minimal contact from the striker.

The 4th official literally does nothing apart from tell the referee that a manager said something naughty about him.

Manager's thinking they are philosophical geniuses in press conferences.

Oh and my personal pet hate, the chant "IS THERE A FIRE DRILL" sang by mostly English fans when the other teams fans start to leave, it's no funny and no even witty

Bristolhibby
23-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Defenders clearly obstructing players to let the ball cross the by line, wouldnt have happened in my day. :grr:

This drives me mad.

Foul throws not being picked up every SINGLE time. I mean c'mon ref.

Walls not being 10 yards (see Saturday).

No video referees for incidents like penalties, ball crossing the line. (We have the technology in this day and age).

J

hibbymick
23-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Socks pulled up over the knee, now what is that all about ??????

Ronniekirk
23-12-2013, 08:32 PM
1) no seeing any goals scored by you rain team
2) players getting booked for celebrating with there own fans when they do score
3)old firm players bullying and bossing referees and getting away with it .

hibbymick
23-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Players doing that petty, immature-as-**** taking a throw-in from nowhere near where it was given (in a similar vein also moving the ball when its placed by the ref as soon as his back's turned)

The fact the ball is in play for only around 60mins during a so-called 90mins contest (independent timekeeper similar to rugby would sort that)

Assistant managers aping the managers gesticulations just slightly out of time (more amusing than annoying to be fair)

You mean like this :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGk_skwxYHM

clerriehibs
23-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Thieves
Liars
Cheats

That'll be hertz then.

Broken Gnome
23-12-2013, 08:51 PM
When someone scores and they push their team mates away who want to celebrate with him. It's often so they can selfishly make their own wee point or do some stupid dance. If I was a manager I would warn my players not to do anything like that and if they ignored me they'd be fined and dropped. It's a team game.

I'd add players who take their shirt off for that. Score in front of your own supporters, then go out of your way to take their colours off. Never understood it.

Greentinted
23-12-2013, 08:55 PM
You mean like this :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGk_skwxYHM

The very same...:aok:

BSEJVT
23-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Rangers Celtic & hearts

Jonnyboy
23-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Inconsistent refereeing

Craig Thomson

Alan Muir

I see a pattern developing :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
23-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Clubs who are only successful due to billionaire owners like City, Chelsea etc.

Supporters acting like children at the first sign of trouble, support the team.

Craig Burley.

H113EE5
23-12-2013, 09:00 PM

That's mine. Watch Edinburgh every so often in the RaboPro 12 and these guys show the erses in our league as a bunch of cheating Jessie's. Effin' really bugs me when our footballers fall over. Professional... Pi$$ :confused:

wookie70
23-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Players pretending to be more injured than they are - Under 7 team games are ruined by all the kids going down like they are shot emulating their "heroes"
The new offside rules. To me if you are standing offside you are offside. Players are now deliberately standing offside at free kicks etc
Referees with a sense of humour bypass and who are full of their own importance

Billy Whizz
23-12-2013, 09:17 PM
1) Far too much football on TV, killing attendances

2) Simulation

3) The hand ball rule

BurghHibby
23-12-2013, 09:18 PM
The Rangers Celtic & hearts

Fixed that for you!

DAVE1875
23-12-2013, 09:23 PM
If defenders are running towards their own goal with the ball and an attacker is chasing them, they can just fall over and instantly get a free kick despite minimal contact from the striker.

The 4th official literally does nothing apart from tell the referee that a manager said something naughty about him.

Manager's thinking they are philosophical geniuses in press conferences.

Oh and my personal pet hate, the chant "IS THERE A FIRE DRILL" sang by mostly English fans when the other teams fans start to leave, it's no funny and no even witty

Much better when it's something witty and relevant. I remember Yogi's first season in charge, against Aberdeen at Pittodrie in December (weather was murder), Stokes scored the 2nd goal & Aberdeen fans started leaving early, entire Hibs support started singing "You should've gone Christmas shopping".

Diving for me is ruining the game, players like Pawlett have so much promising talent, and yet they chose to throw themselves to the floor at the slightest contact

As someone mentioned earlier; doing all this fancy stuff with the ball outside of the box instead of trying to bury it into the top corner. I'd rather see the ball blasted in from long range than a player getting by the defender with skill and passing it into the net

Players who just aren't bothered; absolutely hate it when you see a player who looks like he'd rather be somewhere else, not pressuring opponents, letting them walk by with the ball, passing blindly and not helping out in defence.

fatbloke
23-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Losing
Unknowlegeable Jambos
Glasgow Celtic

snooky
23-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Divers/cheats/injury feigners.
The appalling standard of current (and past) referees.
Too much money in the game - it's not a sport anymore.
Mass influx of foreign players who are no better than our own journeymen.
Stats - I like football not maths.

(oops - should have listened at maths - seems I can't count to 3)

Greencore
23-12-2013, 09:53 PM
When players are clapping the fans and clapping above the head, cringe... only place you ever see it is on a football pitch..

Eyrie
23-12-2013, 09:55 PM
1 - Players feigning injury, then making an instant recovery. Unless Jesus is the physio, they're at it. Simple solution - let the physio on to treat the player whilst play continues. I wonder how many will still stay down?

2 - Free kicks and throw ins being taken some distance from the actual spot. Allow these to be taken further away from the opposition goal to speed the game up, but if taken any closer then reverse the decision.

3 - Players arguing with officials. If it happens, march them back ten yards. If they do it again, give them a yellow card. I'd make an exception for the captain politely checking with the referee but that's it.

BH Hibs
23-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Fans complaining to police, stewards and the BBC if a player gives them some back after screaming abuse at them all game. Man up if you give it out be prepared to take some back.

This does not apply however if the player is a certain big nosed bawbag wearing maroon

DownInAlbion
23-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Players that kick the ball out when there is an opposition player down. Its the ref's decision if he feels the game needs to be stopped there is no need for the players to decide. :grr::grr:

capitals_finest
23-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Players back chatting and arguing with refs. They should take a leaf from pro rugby players. Not all footballers have this trait but far too many do.

Bristolhibby
23-12-2013, 10:21 PM

On a similar theme.

Short shirts, bare arms and gloves.

If it's cold get the under armour on, long sleeve and gloves.

J

FranckSuzy
23-12-2013, 10:26 PM
1) the miracle effect of the magic sponge :rolleyes:
2) players going down clutching a completely different part of their body than the part actually 'injured' :grr:
3) coaching staff from the opposing team straying outside the technical area at ER and nothing being done about it :yw:

yeezus.
23-12-2013, 10:57 PM
1. Divers in general
2. Suarez
3. Aberdeen fans.

Waxy
23-12-2013, 11:20 PM
PLAYERS who do a daft dance after they score ( Adebayor style). Mostly happens in the English leagues.
FANS that feel they have to scream their mind all through the game and do it like they're having a heart attack/orgasm combo.This happens at ER alot.
JAMBOS.Seems like all i know don't care they're almost extinct."Least i've seen Scottish cups 5-1 and the like" is all you get out them. Different species.

SurferRosa
23-12-2013, 11:22 PM
1. The fact that the beautiful game has spawned commentators like Adrian Chiles, Clive Tyldesley and Jonathan Pierce.

2. The fact that the game we love has spawned pundits like Davie Provan, Billy Dodds and the stomach-turning Robbie Savage.

3. The phrase.." he was entitled to go down " which, as far as i`m concerned, is approval of cheating.

Deansy
23-12-2013, 11:24 PM
1 - 'Contact' - It's a 'Contact' sport but for some reason, commentators, media-pundits, ex-players etc deem 'Contact' means 'Foul/Penalty-Red-Card'. Sepp Blatter has designs on leaving the game as a 'Non-Contact-Sport' - sadly, he's winning.

2 - Scottish-Players - (all with agents and all getting more money than most of us will EVER earn) but STILL incapable of doing the basics - Trapping the ball FIRST-time, the 'Forward-Pass' (unlike Rugby' it's NOT against the rules), NOT realising supporters DO pay their 'Lottery-Style' wages.

3. Cheats (Huns and mini-Huns) NOT being portrayed in the media for what they actually are - SUCM !!

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Professional players that can't take throw-ins. Defenders that let the ball bounce. Constant spitting.

heretoday
23-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Players trying to con the ref by diving or feigning injury. ITV4 sometimes has old games on from the 70s and 80s and it's amazing watching guys get up from the hardest tackles and hobble away quite happily. I hate refs who fall for diving especially in the box. If I was a ref I'd hardly ever give pens because of all the nonsense that goes on.

fat freddy
24-12-2013, 01:13 AM
diving, diving and diving....just watched the arsenal /chelsea match and it made me boak...every tackle resulted in a player simulating an assault by an AK47...I would like to see retrospective punishments brought in for players that dive to the ground when minimum contact is made....6 match ban for any player trying to gain an advantage would eradicate the problem....

Haymaker
24-12-2013, 02:08 AM
What pisses me off is players running up to take a "quick" throw then waiting... Waiting... Waiting... Then passing it over to the right/left back. Especially from teams who arent interested in attacking anyway. Just ****ing leave it!

mjhibby
24-12-2013, 07:36 AM

the st Johnstone continually went down injured on Saturday and then were up in a couple of mins ready to play. It's becoming a deliberate tactic by teams to disrupt play when they are under pressure. The refs should help the physio to haul them off and wait a couple of mins before letting them back on again.annoys me like hell.

mjhibby
24-12-2013, 08:18 AM
1 - 'Contact' - It's a 'Contact' sport but for some reason, commentators, media-pundits, ex-players etc deem 'Contact' means 'Foul/Penalty-Red-Card'. Sepp Blatter has designs on leaving the game as a 'Non-Contact-Sport' - sadly, he's winning.

2 - Scottish-Players - (all with agents and all getting more money than most of us will EVER earn) but STILL incapable of doing the basics - Trapping the ball FIRST-time, the 'Forward-Pass' (unlike Rugby' it's NOT against the rules), NOT realising supporters DO pay their 'Lottery-Style' wages.

3. Cheats (Huns and mini-Huns) NOT being portrayed in the media for what they actually are - SUCM !!

Point 2 especially annoys me.it doesn't surprise me though as scots coaching methods are still in the dark ages hence our horrendous euro record.IT was the one thing that John Collins used to get so wound up about.Contrary to popular opinion it wasn't the lack of application of players but their poor skill levels and that's why he is still trying to help improve it now.Watching my wee boys team the problem is still there.Scots kids just want to play and don't want to learn trapping the ball,passing running of the ball etc.Its in our nature to run and play and it just seems the Dutch etc have embraced letting the ball do the work and letting skill dictate games.plus of course there is play stations etc which kids spend too much time on.The Germans to me seem to have managed to mix their game with high skill levels plus power and pace.Maybe that is what we should aim for as I can't see the day that hibs or Scotland ever playing like Spain or Barcelona.Maybe it is to do with facilities as Marc woeters said holland has 3000 astro turf pitches whereas Scotland has 200.plus of course the spaniards etc have better conditions to train in.I still think that improvement comes from within and on that score I can't see the day when we have the likes of Cropley etc coming through the ranks.players like Harris give you hope but there are just not enough like him.rant over.

Geo_1875
24-12-2013, 08:22 AM
I particularly dislike the way players defy the laws of physics when "tackled". You try tripping some poor sod running for a bus on Princes Street and watch the way they fall face first to the pavement. Grab someones sleeve as they try to get to the bar ahead of you and they will shrug it off or turn and face you up. Professional footballers simulate dying swans when tripped or lightly touched on the upper body. Does my tits in.

3pm
24-12-2013, 08:29 AM
My biggest irritation is that Easter Road is our bogey ground.

Jay
24-12-2013, 08:35 AM

Omg! You should hear me going on about Liam Craig doing that, drives me mad. Petty on my part but really rips ma knitting :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nonshinyfinish
24-12-2013, 08:46 AM
1. Fans that don't understand the laws of the game.
2. Officials that don't understand the laws of the game.
3. The obsession with ranking things in lists.

Hibercelona
24-12-2013, 09:26 AM
1) The linesman not putting his flag up until the player actually touches the ball, even although they're clearly about to touch it. Just put the flag up!

2) Shielding the ball from corners. It's clearly obstruction and shouldn't be allowed to happen, even near the end of the game.

3) Players surrounding the referee thinking they're going to sway his opinion. When will players ever learn?

Probably not my top 3, but the first 3 that came to mind.

Alfred E Newman
24-12-2013, 09:39 AM
The ref awarding a free kick to the defending team in their own penalty box and holding his hand signalling its indirect and keeping it up until someone plays the ball , usually around the half way line.
Also goalkeepers that pull off a wonder save then run out to the edge of their box roaring at their defence for being useless.

millarco
24-12-2013, 09:39 AM
1. Professional footballers that can't use both feet.
2. Taking kick-off by punting the ball to the opposition.
3. Set-pieces: despite the evolution of tactics in the game, the success rate at corners and free kicks is horrendous. The one area you can fully recreate in training and practice again and again. Similarly with throw-ins (a particular failure on our part), virtually every throw-in is up the line and, at best, a 50/50 chance of retaining possession. Nobody has come up with anything better.

Geo_1875
24-12-2013, 09:43 AM
The ref awarding a free kick to the defending team in their own penalty box and holding his hand signalling its indirect and keeping it up until someone plays the ball , usually around the half way line.
Also goalkeepers that pull off a wonder save then run out to the edge of their box roaring at their defence for being useless.

Keeper you’ve just made a decent save
So why d’you feel the need to rant and rave
Screaming at defenders
Makes you look dead stupid
Especially when they haven’t done much wrong
Please cease the trait

nonshinyfinish
24-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Keeper you’ve just made a decent save
So why d’you feel the need to rant and rave
Screaming at defenders
Makes you look dead stupid
Especially when they haven’t done much wrong
Please cease the trait

:agree:

Leighonel
24-12-2013, 10:06 AM
1. Winning
2. Creativity
3. Pace

;-)

Seriously though

1. Crowding the ref to influence him, Madrid/Barca are bad for this
2. Diving to gain an advantage
3. Players rolling 30 yards when they are 'injured', they make it seem like they have broken a leg just to get someone booked then they get up. If they were so badly injured they wouldn't role about that excessively.

bobbyhibs1983
24-12-2013, 10:17 AM
1.a team has a throw in and a player gets the ball, wastes a few seconds before leaving it for his teamate.This really really annoys me for some amd reason, Unless you are gonna take the throw in dont go near the ball when its went out!

2 as a few posters have said players who sourround the ref when a decesion has been made.I would say the ref would tell them twice to leave him alone, 3rd time your in the book, simple.As my dad says it should be the offending player and the teams captain,

3. wingers not taking on there men,For some reason it seems wingers have gone out the game, i have seem it quite a few times now that a wide man/winger gets the ball out wide , and instead of tkaing on the man in front of him he passes it back

Bishop Hibee
24-12-2013, 11:55 AM
1. Linesmen. Utterly useless, usually misshapen as if from a referee reject outlet, without a mind of their own and often appear not to know even the simplest rules of the game.

2. When mediocre English players are transferred for fortunes and Scottish players of greater ability get picked up for sweetie money.

3. The abject, complacent and extremely low budget coverage of Scottish football on BBC. Mind you, it's better than STV who have basically given up covering the countries national sport in any meaningful form.

Craig_HFC
24-12-2013, 12:07 PM
1. SPL linesmen appearing not to have the ability to decide anything for themselves, even if the incident happens 2 feet in front of them. They wait on the ref who is usually about 40 feet away to gesture and then the flag goes up and point whichever way the ref has.

2. Supporters who are at almost every home game still being unable to pronounce the names of our players correctly (e.g. the two guys behind me at ER used to pronounce Nish as 'Neesh'. Did mah heid in.)

3. Referees who think we have paid to see them and march about the pitch as if they own the place.

Joint 3rd. Supporters who appear to have no knowledge of the game as they'll berate a Hibs player for passing the ball backwards when he has 3 opposition players surrounding him and no available options ahead of him to pass to (the same 2 guys mentioned above still do this).

Alfred E Newman
24-12-2013, 12:29 PM
I still think the biggest waste of space in the modern game is the 4th official . Football survived for over 100 years without them.
When I started going to watch football almost all the crowd were standing and the manager was sitting on the bench. Now the manager gets to stand and we have to sit.

worcesterhibby
24-12-2013, 12:33 PM

this :agree:

West hamBERNIAN
24-12-2013, 01:50 PM

Hate this and the slightest touch back from strikers is a foul?? Referees in general. They seem to be the most dominating factor at Easter road all too often. HAAATTTEEEE.

weonlywon6-2
24-12-2013, 03:45 PM

Did you see the man utd player go down at the weekend,a disgrace

NAE NOOKIE
24-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Just about everything everybody else has said. Though I dont get bent out of shape about fans who dont understand the rules of the game coz its an utter fact that most professional players dont understand the rules either.

Eyrie
24-12-2013, 05:22 PM
In no particular order - Yams, Sevco Huns and Septic.

exHIBition
24-12-2013, 05:24 PM
When a defender obstructs an attacker from getting to a ball that is going out for a goal kick. Drives me mad. If I could change one law of the game I would allow the attacking player to drive the defenders balls out of his mouth with a kick.

Secondly, a corner is taken and it is flicked on by a player from either side which sees the ball land in the far side of the penalty area and there is no attacking player on the far side of the box to whip it back in. This happens so often in games at all levels. No excuse. There should always be a player to attack the ball from deep behind the far post.

Diving. Should be a sin bin offence. 15 minutes. With any 'unused' sin bin time rolling over to the next match meaning that if a player has 3 or 4 minutes of sin bin time left at the final whistle he can not start the next match but may come on as a substitute.

RyeSloan
24-12-2013, 06:16 PM
When a defender obstructs an attacker from getting to a ball that is going out for a goal kick. Drives me mad. If I could change one law of the game I would allow the attacking player to drive the defenders balls out of his mouth with a kick. Secondly, a corner is taken and it is flicked on by a player from either side which sees the ball land in the far side of the penalty area and there is no attacking player on the far side of the box to whip it back in. This happens so often in games at all levels. No excuse. There should always be a player to attack the ball from deep behind the far post. Diving. Should be a sin bin offence. 15 minutes. With any 'unused' sin bin time rolling over to the next match meaning that if a player has 3 or 4 minutes of sin bin time left at the final whistle he can not start the next match but may come on as a substitute.

Rooney often takes up that deep position for united at corners....and very effective it can be too...must admit I find it bizzare that it's not adopted more widely elsewhere, esp at teams like Hibs where we seem to never quite know where the corner will go!

heidtheba
24-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Not having refs able to talk to other officials and get them to review video footage during the game - see the All Blacks victory over Ireland earlier this month. Too many instant decisions - Leigh's 'goal' which was disallowed should never have been allowed to be ticked off.
No real effort to put on a 'show' for fans other than in big matches in cups. A bit of pizzaz please would make things a bit more interesting.
Prima donna footballers who don't seem to accept that their wages should mean they put a shift in and not moan/whimp out when the match isn't going their way.

kaimendhibs
24-12-2013, 08:35 PM
1. Crap refs. 2. Crap refs. 3. Crap refs

Sent from my iphone

VickMackie
24-12-2013, 08:56 PM
When a defender obstructs an attacker from getting to a ball that is going out for a goal kick. Drives me mad. If I could change one law of the game I would allow the attacking player to drive the defenders balls out of his mouth with a kick.

Secondly, a corner is taken and it is flicked on by a player from either side which sees the ball land in the far side of the penalty area and there is no attacking player on the far side of the box to whip it back in. This happens so often in games at all levels. No excuse. There should always be a player to attack the ball from deep behind the far post.

Diving. Should be a sin bin offence. 15 minutes. With any 'unused' sin bin time rolling over to the next match meaning that if a player has 3 or 4 minutes of sin bin time left at the final whistle he can not start the next match but may come on as a substitute.

On the third point, I always thought I was the only one who ever noticed this so when I was playing amateur I'd stand near the end of the 18 yard box on the far side from the corner. The ball almost always came to me.

McD
24-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Defenders obstructing to get a goal kick (already mentioned).
refs giving a foul on the halfway line but won't give the same foul in the box.
good tackles being whistled as fouls because refs are **** and/or the ongoing sanitisation of the game.
seeing good naturally talented young players having all the flair 'coached'out of them.
the general lack of flair into days game, squeezed out by coaches and managers who want athletes, no real skill but are big and strong and can run all day (the one main reason why I have time for the recent Spanish national teams, showing skill trumps all).
Football players believing they are gods gift, demanding the earth from clubs. I'm not saying go back to the old days of clubs shafting players, but it's too far the other way.
fans putting their heart and soul into their club, only to get shat on by players.
the lack of a true bond between fans and players.
lazy referees who only add 1 minute and 3 minutes added time, regardless of what has happened in the game.
areahole pundits, ******** commentators, ******** journalists.

more than three, kinda got on a rant, sorry folks 😃

James70
24-12-2013, 09:21 PM
The way that players celebrate goals nowadays, kissing badges, sliding along the turf on their knees or getting as close to the spectators as the stewards will allow. Call me old fashioned but back in the 60s and 70s there wasn't the same carry on. Denis Law used to put one outstretched arm up in the air in salute whenever he scored and the ball would be swiftly returned to the centre line. The players in those days were also much more loyal to the teams they played for and didn't need to kiss the badge to show how much it meant to them.

matty_f
24-12-2013, 10:08 PM
The extra assistants begins the goals that do absolutely nothing.

snooky
24-12-2013, 10:42 PM
After we've played a non-OF team or the Jams, being made to walk down St Clair St after a game by the stupid polis when I'm heading for Regent Road. :brickwall

Being told I can't take a plastic bottle of juice into the ground. Jeez!

The feeling that sometimes I'm being treated like a servant rather than a customer.

Squealing pig
25-12-2013, 03:30 AM
Hearts ****, no scoring goals in hours of fitbaw, matt doherty

Onceinawhile
25-12-2013, 07:05 AM
1) Owain
2) tudur
3) jones

Prawn Sandwich
25-12-2013, 07:40 AM
1. Football played in the winter

2. Games that do not kick off at 3pm on a Saturday (particularly hate 12.30pm on a Sunday)

3. The ugly sisters and the baggage they bring to Scottish football.

nonshinyfinish
25-12-2013, 02:31 PM
The extra assistants begins the goals that do absolutely nothing.

In theory, they're a great idea. They should be able to sort out any contentious goal line stuff (while the kinks are still being worked out of the Hawkeye-type technology), while also providing an extra pair of eyes in close proximity for penalty decisions. However, it seems you could behead a tricky forward directly in front of them, hand the head to them, then wipe your hands on their flag (do they have flags?) and they still wouldn't give a thing unless the referee whistled. So yeah, they're pointless.

Unseen work
25-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Getting booked for celebrating a goal

Terrible players that just kick anything that moves

Booing of your own players

Stringer
25-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Old firm

Pundits

The Scottish cup

MrRobot
25-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Accumulators.

heretoday
25-12-2013, 10:26 PM
The way that players celebrate goals nowadays, kissing badges, sliding along the turf on their knees or getting as close to the spectators as the stewards will allow. Call me old fashioned but back in the 60s and 70s there wasn't the same carry on. Denis Law used to put one outstretched arm up in the air in salute whenever he scored and the ball would be swiftly returned to the centre line. The players in those days were also much more loyal to the teams they played for and didn't need to kiss the badge to show how much it meant to them.

It's all hype isn't it? Making the most of not much. Denis Law's gesture was pure theatre - understated but also arrogant. Said it all.

Players now score and run like men possessed all the way to the halfway line in order to embrace Sam Allardyce or whoever. They are saying: "Oh great one. See what riches your servant has brought you!"

I also despise the commentators with their "brilliant" shot, save, tackle etc. for some piece of action that you'd expect any professional to carry out as a matter of course. The BBC Sportsound crowd are particularly guilty of this but since most of them can't string together a grammatically correct sentence anyway we shouldn't be surprised.

Holmesdale Hibs
26-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Diving
Fans abusing their own players
Contact = a foul

lapsedhibee
26-12-2013, 09:41 AM
I also despise the commentators with their "brilliant" shot, save, tackle etc. for some piece of action that you'd expect any professional to carry out as a matter of course.

It'd be like calling a postie "brilliant" for getting your mail through your letterbox. :wink:

deeks01
26-12-2013, 11:16 AM
1) Professional footballers who can't use both feet to a proficient standard. Seriously. They train for how many hours a week for entire seasons & can't find the time to learn to control & pass with their weaker foot?! Pathetic. When I started work I was ***** at a lot of things but I made sure to learn fast because it made me better at my job and I liked getting paid.

2) Attackers knocking the ball past a defender, running forward into said defender, falling over and getting awarded a freekick. What the hell is the defender supposed to do just stand aside & let them past because they are running straight at him? Or should he just dematerialise altogether to make sure there is no contact?

3) Governing bodies & Fifa's obsession with rankings and in particular the seeding system. I'd rather see an honest straight draw where ,heaven forbid, a team not expected to do so might just win something. Rather than an elite group of 6 or 7 teams who will inevitably be the last teams in the competition. The champions league is especially boring because of this.

Also going to put in a word for diving / feigning injury which unbeknown to commentators is not an entitlement and is, in fact, cheating. Oh and anything and everything to do with the Old Firm. Plus the Scottish medias 'reporting' on the Scottish game through bigot tinted goggles.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

heretoday
27-12-2013, 10:17 AM
It'd be like calling a postie "brilliant" for getting your mail through your letterbox. :wink:

If our postie manages to make it to the top of our stair it's brilliant!

HibeeEmma
27-12-2013, 02:58 PM
The language of the fans.

I know it will never stop no matter what but I can't stand listening to the fans who can't speak a sentence without swearing. Then they come out with this "Hibs class" and superiority talk over Hearts, Celtic etc.

I can understand the odd outburst here and there, specifically when we are playing bad but calling every other player a c*** comes across as really unintelligent.

silverhibee
27-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Half time.

Hibercelona
27-12-2013, 03:18 PM
The language of the fans.

I know it will never stop no matter what but I can't stand listening to the fans who can't speak a sentence without swearing. Then they come out with this "Hibs class" and superiority talk over Hearts, Celtic etc.

I can understand the odd outburst here and there, specifically when we are playing bad but calling every other player a c*** comes across as really unintelligent.

If you're looking for intelligence, you don't go to a football ground. :wink:

craigmounthibby
27-12-2013, 03:27 PM
1. The wall is never, ever, 10 yards from a free kick. Some refs are 6ft plus, and ten of their "steps" are the same as some Mickey Weir impersonating referees. If you're a ref, could you possibly work out what one yard is? And then count to 10?

2. The complete inability of almost every single Hibs fullback of the last 20 years to have mastered the art of throwing a ball to one of their own players at a throw in.

3. Players of any team celebrating a goal by running up to opposition fans putting their hands to their ears after scoring. Thinking Neil McCann, Niall McGinn and Gaby Agbonlohor (Gaby is a girls name, isn't it?) here. Celebrate with your own supporters or your own team mates.

heretoday
27-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Free kicks outside the box that take an age to arrange and then the ball goes whistling over the bar.

It beats me how teams don't work out smart moves in training to get behind the defence in such situations. Dummy runs, little one-twos, wall passes etc.

What do they do in training by the way? Not shooting practice - that's obvious.

heretoday
27-12-2013, 03:42 PM
If you're looking for intelligence, you don't go to a football ground. :wink:

I've heard worse language upstairs on a 26 bus when the schools get out than I've ever heard at Easter Road or any other football ground.

What I miss are the terracing "wags" - as in blokes not ladies of easy virtue and bulging bank accounts.

Actually I miss the terracing itself!

Scouse Hibee
28-12-2013, 12:38 PM
1. The fact that 9/10 times at ER I become bored during the game and leave the ground wondering why I actually bother to attend something that hasn't been entertaining for a couple of years at least.

2. Football attendees (not supporters).

3. The lack of consistency from match officials.

snooky
28-12-2013, 02:08 PM
1. The fact that 9/10 times at ER I become bored during the game and leave the ground wondering why I actually bother to attend something that hasn't been entertaining for a couple of years at least.

2. Football attendees (not supporters).

3. The lack of consistency from match officials.

Disagree with point 3. The whistlers are consistently bowfin'