PDA

View Full Version : They just can't help it!!!!!!

Jim44
23-12-2013, 11:10 AM
In his Scotsman report on the Celtic Jambo game, Patullo makes the point that, after an hour, the match was shaping up to be the result of the season. Fair enough if that's how he saw it. But in true Jambo fashion he has to, yet again, drag us into the equation by qualifying his statement, saying, " Forget 5-1 wins at Hampden when augmented by experienced, relatively high-earners against abject derby opponents." OK, the tw@t has achieved his goal by provoking my response, but it does get a bit wearisome having to put up with their 'softening the blow' antics in their slow motion but highly entertaining demise.

Broken Gnome
23-12-2013, 11:14 AM
In his Scotsman report on the Celtic Jambo game, Patullo makes the point that, after an hour, the match was shaping up to be the result of the season. Fair enough if that's how he saw it. But in true Jambo fashion he has to, yet again, drag us into the equation by qualifying his statement, saying, " Forget 5-1 wins at Hampden when augmented by experienced, relatively high-earners against abject derby opponents." OK, the tw@t has achieved his goal by provoking my response, but it does get a bit wearisome having to put up with their 'softening the blow' antics in their slow motion but highly entertaining demise.

Patullo's Dundee isn't he?

Viva_Palmeiras
23-12-2013, 11:17 AM

Always thought Patullo was quite fair even leaning towards Hibbiedom. He's a Dees fan I understand so on axe to grind. Editorial intervention?

Leishy1995
23-12-2013, 11:19 AM
I served a jambo at work who said "you always see these idiots posting about 5-1 on Facebook, but what use does that do us when we can't even get to negative points? We've went on about our fantastic youth players, if Paterson wasn't a big lanky skinny boy he'd be released. The only talented player is Holt, maybe Walker. Our fans are idiots"

So who's gonna own up to being the umhovee that just wanted to rip hearts?

McSwanky
23-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Patullo's Dundee isn't he?

Yup.

Jim44
23-12-2013, 11:23 AM
I know Patullo is not actually a Jambo, but I suppose I'm referring to the generic 'pro-Jambo' and anti- Hibs prejudice of the Scottish media. What, me paranoic? Nah. :-)

Seveno
23-12-2013, 12:56 PM
I know Patullo is not actually a Jambo, but I suppose I'm referring to the generic 'pro-Jambo' and anti- Hibs prejudice of the Scottish media. What, me paranoic? Nah. :-)

I'm like you, I guess. I'm only paranoid about the people that are out to get us.

#FromTheCapital
23-12-2013, 01:22 PM
I've been told by my doctor that I'm paranoid... Well not exactly, but I knew he was thinking it

Bishop Hibee
23-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me!

It's a bit like Pompey fans boasting about their FA Cup win given the state they are in now.

Hopefully Hertz will end up in a worse mess.

trev the hat
23-12-2013, 02:23 PM

Best way to deal with the Scottish media is to start winning games on a consistent basis, winning derbies over a decent period of time certainly wouldn't hinder either.

fatbloke
23-12-2013, 02:32 PM
The Scotsman and it's illegitimate sister paper are about as relevant to Scottish football as the Beano or Dandy. Do not buy/read you will not miss anything. FACT.

Sudds_1
23-12-2013, 03:46 PM
The Scotsman and it's illegitimate sister paper are about as relevant to Scottish football as the Beano or Dandy. Do not buy/read you will not miss anything. FACT.

speak up.....didn't quite catch that :greengrin

Jones28
23-12-2013, 03:50 PM
It's the biggest result in their history, and probably the worst in ours. It's not like it happened 30 years ago, this was under 2 years ago. Of course people are going to go on about it.

We still talk about 7-0, as do tv pundits and commentators.

fatbloke
23-12-2013, 04:08 PM
speak up.....didn't quite catch that :greengrin

Sorry never changed previous settings:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
23-12-2013, 04:10 PM

Patullo supports Dundee.

HiBremian
23-12-2013, 04:14 PM
In his Scotsman report on the Celtic Jambo game, Patullo makes the point that, after an hour, the match was shaping up to be the result of the season. Fair enough if that's how he saw it. But in true Jambo fashion he has to, yet again, drag us into the equation by qualifying his statement, saying, " Forget 5-1 wins at Hampden when augmented by experienced, relatively high-earners, funded by ripping off a string of creditors from The Lady Haig Poppy Factory to HMRC, against abject derby opponents." OK, the tw@t has achieved his goal by provoking my response, but it does get a bit wearisome having to put up with their 'softening the blow' antics in their slow motion but highly entertaining demise.

That slight amendment would make the quote about right in my eyes.

The Voice Of Reason
23-12-2013, 04:32 PM

The bit in bold - unless I'm missing something, what he said was spot on !!!!!! :confused:

Viva_Palmeiras
23-12-2013, 04:49 PM

Maybe Scottish Football but I believe we may see more
Hibee related coverage in the New Year...

cabbageandribs1875
23-12-2013, 05:34 PM
It's the biggest result in their history, and probably the worst in ours. It's not like it happened 30 years ago, this was under 2 years ago. Of course people are going to go on about it.

but we didn't take on serious amounts of debt to achieve that 0-7 annihilation result, whereas that final will always be called the durty cheating *******s final

QMU-1875
23-12-2013, 06:13 PM

Stop talking sense! I still can't get over the number of fans on here who can't get over 5-1 being mentioned as much as it does, yes it is pandering to their lot in the state they are in but they have that result, end of! Waiting on the abuse now for stating the obvious however as many of us know 0-7 still hurts 30 years on!