PDA

View Full Version : Tribute

hibbysam
22-12-2013, 11:56 PM
I know it's a tad early but at some stage the club i am sure will have a minutes tribute before the game... Can we please have a minutes silence... Applause just doesn't seem right for something so close to us as a club!

ozzie
23-12-2013, 07:27 AM
I know it's a tad early but at some stage the club i am sure will have a minutes tribute before the game... Can we please have a minutes silence... Applause just doesn't seem right for something so close to us as a club!

Won't happen, he was close toi us as a club but not necessarily our opponents, ever club has its idiots and also there are a lot of young kids who go to the game who don't understand a minutes silence.

Houchy
23-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Remember, hearts also had a youngster who died yesterday at the early age of 13. Surely we can be respectful for 1 minute at the start of the derby FFS. If we can't be mutually respectful for 2 youngsters, I really do despair!!!

Bleeds green
23-12-2013, 08:14 AM
Won't happen, he was close toi us as a club but not necessarily our opponents, ever club has its idiots and also there are a lot of young kids who go to the game who don't understand a minutes silence.

Every club in Britain recently held a minutes silence for Nelson Mandela there is no reason to doubt a minutes silence would be impeccably held under such tragic circumstances for both clubs. Time for rivalry to be put aside and a city come together

ozzie
23-12-2013, 09:13 AM
I agree it should be a minutes silence but just can't see it happening.

hibbymick
23-12-2013, 11:39 AM
A minutes silence after copious amounts of alcohol has been consumed in the days and hours leading up to the game. As much as i would like to see it happen, i really cant see it. On this occasion a minutes applause should be the answer. IMO

Geo_1875
23-12-2013, 11:55 AM
If you feel a minutes silence is appropriate it should be done at a time when it would be observed with decorum.

Unfortunately, that will not happen at the derby.

Hearts have a home game on Boxing Day, Hibs at home on Sunday.

That's the appropriate time and place IMO.

cabbageandribs1875
23-12-2013, 12:01 PM
If you feel a minutes silence is appropriate it should be done at a time when it would be observed with decorum.

this, both at home to killie so i'm sure a minutes silence at each game is possible

Purehibee_MYB
23-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Whatever the families feel is appropriate and want done, should be done. Simple as that.

hibbymick
23-12-2013, 02:06 PM
I agree with the last 3 comments. :agree:

theonlywayisup
23-12-2013, 03:05 PM
How about a minutes applause in the 13th and 18th minute in the Derby?

ozzie
23-12-2013, 04:52 PM
How about a minutes applause in the 13th and 20th minute in the Derby?
18 th?

theonlywayisup
23-12-2013, 05:07 PM
18 th?

Correct, now corrected.

Pretty Boy
23-12-2013, 05:16 PM
I like the armband idea mentioned on the other thread and it seems Kickback users like it as well.

It'a simple and dignified. That with a minutes silence or applause is about right imo.

Sir David Gray
23-12-2013, 06:00 PM

I agree that it should be done on Sunday, as that is our next home game, but I don't think there would be any problem with holding a silence at the derby.

I'm quite certain it would be impeccably observed.

hungryhibs
23-12-2013, 07:14 PM
I like the armband idea mentioned on the other thread and it seems Kickback users like it as well.

It'a simple and dignified. That with a minutes silence or applause is about right imo.

i also think this is a good way for the clubs 2 go and at the bottom of both teams toms the both boys 2nd names would also be good as it would be a mark of respect for both clubs 2 reconise these people

Geo_1875
23-12-2013, 09:17 PM
I think we could be going a bit OTT here. Fair enough with a minutes silence and players wearing armbands but it should be at our next home game or not at all.