22-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Was it a penalty?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdy6Lx_ZEw8

Gatecrasher
22-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Can't believe we never won that, definite penalty

The_Horde
22-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Notice the bbc didn't mention that it should've been a corner from Collins' shot straight after the penalty incident too.

DaveF
22-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Penalty and as clear a corner as you will ever see.

Muir, take a bow, you utter trumpet.

Saorsa
22-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Penalty and as clear a corner as you will ever see.

Muir, take a bow, you utter trumpet.And they wonder why fans complain about the standard of refs, absolutely ****in' appalling. Shouldnae get tae ref a game doon the links.

Mr White
22-12-2013, 05:59 PM
;3842732']Notice the bbc didn't mention that it should've been a corner from Collins' shot straight after the penalty incident too.

Aye,and the way they've shown it Paul Mitchell says its a corner but doesnt mention it was given as a goal kick in error. That and the failure to show the free kick yards nonsense in the first half gives an undeservedly sympathetic impression of the referees poor performance. Strange editing once again from the bbc.

Pretty Boy
22-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Penalty every day of the week.

I was right in line and thought it was bad at the time. That confirms it.

Hopefully a wee spell refereeing on the 3rd division for that clown.

California-Hibs
22-12-2013, 06:12 PM
I can't wait to see 2-3 new additions from Butcher to the team next month!

SaulGoodman
22-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Strange how the highlights don't make us seem as bad as some people make out :confused:

Gus Fring
22-12-2013, 06:43 PM
It'll be interesting to see what Sportscene make of the Ref. I'm guessing the usual non committal rubbish. Refs do have a hard job but counting 10 yards isn't hard. He wasn't under pressure to make a decision it was pointed out to him and there were clearly about 8000 others who could see his mistake.

mca
22-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Strange how the highlights don't make us seem as bad as some people make out :confused:

aye.. The highlights did make us look good... did our goalie work as hard as theirs ???

frazeHFC
22-12-2013, 08:17 PM

Looks like we had plenty of chances and unlucky not to get 3 points. They only had 1 good chance going by the highlights anyway. Since Butcher came in i've been to the Parkhead and Dingwall games and we looked a much better side than before anyway. Really hope the Heff and Harris aren't too far away.

hibs4thecup1988
22-12-2013, 08:48 PM
aye.. The highlights did make us look good... did our goalie work as hard as theirs ???

Williams only had to fall on the ball on the first half after Robertson had made that amazing goal line clearance. To be fair their keeper never had any major saves bar the collins header to make the rest were rather easy.

MILES a penalty though. I thought at the game the red was harsh -seeing it there its clear as day.

The penalty should have been given by the ASSISTANT referee

Billychaotic182
22-12-2013, 08:49 PM
All this talk that we were awful as offered nothing going forward these highlights suggest otherwise. Looks like there keeper had a stormer! Cummings really unlucky not to score

snooky
22-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Look at the build up play in the first half when the ball comes off their goalie and goes between Cummings' legs.
While I commend him for staying on his feet, Forster could have gone down for a pen. when the St Johnstone player slides into him.
Okay, you make your own luck but, even accounting for our sub-standard performances, we're not getting many breaks in front of goal.

hibs4thecup1988
22-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Look at the build up play in the first half when the ball comes off their goalie and goes between Cummings' legs.
While I commend him for staying on his feet, Forster could have gone down for a pen. when the St Johnstone player slides into him.
Okay, you make your own luck but, even accounting for our sub-standard performances, we're not getting many breaks in front of goal.

Stevensons mate!!

Pretty Boy
22-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Maybe we should judge all our games on 5 minutes of highlights rather than the full 90+ minutes.

Hermit Crab
22-12-2013, 09:13 PM
;3842732']Notice the bbc didn't mention that it should've been a corner from Collins' shot straight after the penalty incident too.

Paul Mitchell did mention that in the cometary but the highlights finished after that.

Hermit Crab
22-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Looks like we had plenty of chances and unlucky not to get 3 points. They only had 1 good chance going by the highlights anyway. Since Butcher came in i've been to the Parkhead and Dingwall games and we looked a much better side than before anyway. Really hope the Heff and Harris aren't too far away.

It wasn't like that at all. Restricted to shots from outside the area. One decent attempt inside the box which was Collins stoppage time header before the penalty incident.

hibs4thecup1988
22-12-2013, 09:24 PM
It wasn't like that at all. Restricted to shots from outside the area. One decent attempt inside the box which was Collins stoppage time header before the penalty incident.

Agreed with this.

Danderhall Hibs
23-12-2013, 07:09 AM
Maybe we should judge all our games on 5 minutes of highlights rather than the full 90+ minutes.

Only if they're edited properly.

Hibercelona
23-12-2013, 07:14 AM
The highlights only confirmed what we already knew.

1) Plenty of balls into the box. No cutting edge.

2) Muir is a complete tit.

matty_f
23-12-2013, 07:27 AM
The ref had a great view of the penalty claim, how he doesn't see that as a penalty is beyond me.
I would say he got the red card right, at the time I thought a booking was the right decision but it was a red card offence.

Unseen work
23-12-2013, 07:58 AM
For me it's very difficult from the highlights to tell if it's a pen or not, don't get a close up of the actually contact. All you see is James swing then fall over when the saints player comes across. Zoubir blocking the view

hibsbollah
23-12-2013, 07:59 AM

I dont know how bad people are 'making us out' to be, but those highlights were just as honking as I remember from Saturday. The best bit of genuine creative quality was our standin right back actually running with the ball, supplying a proper cross to Collins who was unlucky with a decent header. Remember, we had a man advantage for an hour and their goalie didnt have much to do. The passage of play before the penalty shout round their box, when we passed and passed, retained possession for about 10 passes before Zoubir played it through to Collins in the box was also good but unrepresentative of the rest of our play.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Was it a penalty?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdy6Lx_ZEw8

Yip, no question in my mind, cheated again by woeful referee's

theonlywayisup
23-12-2013, 04:18 PM
What have the press had to say about the penalty incident?

grunt
23-12-2013, 04:32 PM
What have the press had to say about the penalty incident?The Scotsman

Although Hibs had a penalty claim controversially turned down during a late flurry in which Alan Mannus also saved a James Collins header, Terry Butcher, the Hibs manager, made no attempt to disguise the truth. His team are short of ideas, low on confidence, and all too aware of it.

grunt
23-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Evening News

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/collins-saints-star-admitted-hibs-penalty-claim-was-a-stonewaller-1-3242802

greenginger
23-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Have we had a single penalty in the league this season ?