PDA

View Full Version : Getting in behind the defence

Ozyhibby
22-12-2013, 05:35 PM
When was the last time we played a through ball behind the defence for a forward to run on to? Every time the ball gets played to Collins or Cummings yesterday they immediately move back towards our midfield and pass it back the way. We desperately need a striker who plays on the shoulder of the last man.
I honestly can't think of the last time we had a player through one on one with the goalie.

snooky
22-12-2013, 06:00 PM
When was the last time we played a through ball behind the defence for a forward to run on to? Every time the ball gets played to Collins or Cummings yesterday they immediately move back towards our midfield and pass it back the way. We desperately need a striker who plays on the shoulder of the last man.
I honestly can't think of the last time we had a player through one on one with the goalie.

Leigh did it all the time. Robertson did a superb run from the half way line yesterday and collected a great through ball that almost resulted in a goal. I take your point though. We hardly ever do this.

ancient hibee
22-12-2013, 07:44 PM
It's the lack of someone to play the ball in not the striker that's the problem.

hibbymick
22-12-2013, 08:13 PM
I said this yesterday to my mate. A few times we couldve been clean through if players were on the same wavelength. As soon as we reached the final third of the pitch yesterday it suddenly seemed like the players didnt know each other. Zoubir looked for it twice when he came on and both times the ball was passed across the front of the goal going pretty much no-where. Oh and another thing...........whats with all the FLOATING cross balls into the box, now that really gets on ma thrupennys. :grr:

thebakerboy
22-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Thought that KT was trying this when he came on but did not have enough time to get up to speed but this may be because he cannot get up to speed however long he is on. His long warm up was not too impressive as he just trotted back and fore in front of FF stand , no stretches and nothing too hard or fast.

heretoday
22-12-2013, 11:44 PM
I would say that no player in that squad is indispensible except Harris. Williams is not bad either.

Seveno
23-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Playing Cairney on the right was never going to help us achieve that aim. Every time he got the ball, he cut inside to get it on to his left foot.

Broken Gnome
23-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Liam Craig v Hearts and James Collins v Aberdeen.

Oh, wait...

Sammy7nil
23-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Liam Craig v Hearts and James Collins v Aberdeen.

Oh, wait...

Heffernan against Sellick even if he was offside :wink: