PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Book (Hibs content)

12AlbionPlace
22-12-2013, 01:37 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shades-Short-Tragic-Death-Schaedler-ebook/dp/B00EN8OU38/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_img_2_X36Q

Purchased this morning and looking forward to reading it over the hols.

Pretty Boy
22-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Read it a couple of weeks back.

Very sad. Reading between the lines i think Erich had some form of depression that went undiagnosed, a few ex team mates spoke of him going from huge highs to withdrawn lows quite quickly.

Was a good read and a player who showed a ferocious commitment and desire everytime he pulled on the jersey.

eastterrace
22-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Read it a couple of weeks back.

Very sad. Reading between the lines i think Erich had some form of depression that went undiagnosed, a few ex team mates spoke of him going from huge highs to withdrawn lows quite quickly.

Was a good read and a player who showed a ferocious commitment and desire everytime he pulled on the jersey.

yes very sad when it happened, he was a great full back ( the rock) but was there not something at the time about his not sure how to say this which way he hung or was that just rumours as back then it wasnt as open as it is now.

mim
22-12-2013, 02:19 PM
I found the book pretty tedious. A lot of people describing Erich in exactly the same way - fit, hard, fast. I suppose that's understandable, but I already knew that. The last chapter and the questions posed about his death make the book worthwhile.

SonOfDavidFrancey
23-12-2013, 08:30 AM
I found the book pretty tedious. A lot of people describing Erich in exactly the same way - fit, hard, fast. I suppose that's understandable, but I already knew that. The last chapter and the questions posed about his death make the book worthwhile.

I agree with this. Most of it is a pretty humdrum survey of Schaedler's career. The book doesn't really get to grips with the issues surrounding his death except at the end in one single chapter.

12AlbionPlace
23-12-2013, 10:46 AM

I agree with this. Most of it is a pretty humdrum survey of Schaedler's career. The book doesn't really get to grips with the issues surrounding his death except at the end in one single chapter.

Based on these reviews the kindle price is probably right.

I'll add my thoughts when I finish it.