PDA

View Full Version : Left side?

jimmyboco1875
22-12-2013, 09:49 AM
After watching the game yesterday left side is def out biggest problem, what about a simple change like Stevenson and mcgivern swapping positions? I think it would work greAt but I'm no Alex ferguson

Andy74
22-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Craig managed six goals from wide left. Get him out there for the time being.

Onceinawhile
22-12-2013, 10:19 AM
After watching the game yesterday left side is def out biggest problem, what about a simple change like Stevenson and mcgivern swapping positions? I think it would work greAt but I'm no Alex ferguson

Play Kevin Thomson in the middle with Robertson, put Craig left midfield and lewis to left back. Mcgivern is having a mare at the moment and needs dropped.

It's clear to me that Craig and Robertson don't work together in the middle as instead of one sitting and one pushing on, they both just sort of do neither.

eastterrace
22-12-2013, 10:20 AM

harris will play that roll, like ive said before stevenson a nice lad but not good enough.

Bronson
22-12-2013, 10:53 AM
harris will play that roll, like ive said before stevenson a nice lad but not good enough.

Always defended stevenson but i'm really starting to realise the lack of genuine talent he has. He works hard and he's a good honest pro but the quality of his footballing ability isn't at the standard i expect at hibs.

B.H.F.C
22-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Craig managed six goals from wide left. Get him out there for the time being.

Agree with this. He's not doing enough in the middle of the park. We put a lot of crosses in and Craig could be a threat coming in at the back post.

McGivern has been pretty dyer all season and Stevenson isn't giving us a great deal out wide in an attacking sense. I wouldn't say the right side has been much better though. In fact, a proper right back would be top of my list.

LioNeilMessi
22-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Play Kevin Thomson in the middle with Robertson, put Craig left midfield and lewis to left back. Mcgivern is having a mare at the moment and needs dropped.

It's clear to me that Craig and Robertson don't work together in the middle as instead of one sitting and one pushing on, they both just sort of do neither.

Exactly what I would go for too.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

allezsauzee
22-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Lewis is never going to be a creative midfielder, however I think is being played left midfield because McGivern is a weak link at the back. Can't have it all ways. I think we played quite well yesterday up to point. If Griffiths has been playing yesterday instead of either Cummings or Collins we would have won the game comfortably

number9dream
22-12-2013, 12:25 PM

This appears to be a blindingly obvious solution...

Then we need to sort out the right flank...