PDA

View Full Version : Hit the bye line ffs

Waxy
22-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Same as the shoot thread,all our crosses seemed to come from the same area.
A few if the screamers around me keep screaming "hit bye line". And i was thinking this myself after the umpteenth ineffective cross.A few pull backs from the byeline might have been worth a go.
Yesterday we where kind of predictable,what was it Einstein said about always doing the same thing? 10/10 for effort though and we're heading the right direction.

Hibercelona
22-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Been saying the same thing. But our players show no urgency to get there.

Instead we chip/hoof the ball into the box from about 35-40 yards.

Opposition defenders must be creaming themselves whenever they have a game at ER coming up. It must be like a free holiday to them.

Tyler Durden
22-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Forster did his best but he's a centre back. Was surprised that Butcher didn't change things but I'm not sure who would've been a better option.

Personally would've brought on Stanton but I've not actually seen much of the lad

Danderhall Hibs
22-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Forster did his best but he's a centre back. Was surprised that Butcher didn't change things but I'm not sure who would've been a better option.

Personally would've brought on Stanton but I've not actually seen much of the lad

Is that not what Zoubirs for?

Waxy
22-12-2013, 08:19 AM
Yep the St johnstone defenders just waited on us finishing off our fancy triangles out on the right wing. They knew what was coming.

Tyler Durden
22-12-2013, 09:01 AM
Is that not what Zoubirs for?

Yes and he got 15 minutes and how many passes? He at least showed some decent movement when he came on IMO. How Stevenson remained on the wing for so long escapes me. Should have been changed a lot sooner

Finbar
22-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Not getting to the byline has been a problem for years. It's such a simple, effective thing to do, not only do you create good chances but you'll win more corners and it's actually quite good to watch.

eastterrace
22-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Not getting to the byline has been a problem for years. It's such a simple, effective thing to do, not only do you create good chances but you'll win more corners and it's actually quite good to watch.

if it was simple then surely we would be doing it, but i agree someone needs to start hitting the bye line. and as for the french lad i think he will be on his way just aint good enough. big forster tried but he aint a right back, but maybe they are trying to mould him into one has he has ability. also what was that with robertson swearing at the young lad when he misplaced a pass.

Danderhall Hibs
22-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Yes and he got 15 minutes and how many passes? He at least showed some decent movement when he came on IMO. How Stevenson remained on the wing for so long escapes me. Should have been changed a lot sooner

The ball was out on his side loads but the attacking was left to Forster.