PDA

View Full Version : Hibs and corners

andy1875
21-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Can anyone resolve a question me and my mate have been discussing at the last few home games.

When was the last time we scored from a corner?

A couple of shouts, his was Jones in 2007 final, my guess was Gordon Hunter at Tynie :greengrin

Jokes aside tho, we couldn't honestly remember. If away from home then please tell but preferably the last goal at ER from corner is what we're after.

Cheers in advance!

Jonnyboy
21-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Can anyone resolve a question me and my mate have been discussing at the last few home games.

A couple of shouts, his was Jones in 2007 final, my guess was Gordon Hunter at Tynie :greengrin

Jokes aside tho, we couldn't honestly remember. If away from home then please tell but preferably the last goal at ER from corner is what we're after.

Cheers in advance!

Did Leigh not score direct from a corner last season?

Broken Gnome
21-12-2013, 07:51 PM

Cheers in advance!

Exact same conversation and exact same answer.

Griffiths v Kilmarnock last year. Not sure that exactly counts. Paul Hanlon at Inverness in 2012? Can't think of an Easter Road one.

green.and.white
21-12-2013, 07:52 PM
McGivern vs Killie in the 2-2 last season?

EastCalderHibby
21-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Did Leigh not score direct from a corner last season?

correct v killie

ColintonHibs
21-12-2013, 09:16 PM
We are shocking at corners!

Glory Lurker
21-12-2013, 09:29 PM
There was an interesting article in When Saturday Comes years ago about how rarely anyone scores from corners. While we all get excited when we get one, the chances are very much against it ever resulting in a goal. It is a set piece that any coach worth his/her salt should be able to train defences to deal with. It's the second ball that offers the chances.

Onceinawhile
21-12-2013, 09:48 PM
correct v killie

Was it not st Johnstone in the 2-0 game.

edit: nope kilmarnock. 2-1 win august 2012

Purehibee_MYB
21-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Did McPake not score a kinda volley scissor kick at St.Mirren park last season?