PDA

View Full Version : Shoot ffs

erin go bragh
21-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Why does none of our players want to shoot .does my head in . How many times today they could have had a pop but kept putting it wide .. Shoot !!

Ggtth

SmashinGlass
21-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Why does none of our players want to shoot .does my head in . How many times today they could have had a pop but kept putting it wide .. Shoot !!

Ggtth

Going to be a pedant here, but how can we put it wide if we aren't shooting? FWIW, I don't think our problem lies fully there. We had countless balls into the box today, only one or two or which hit a green shirt. The rest were terrible.

Albanian Hibs
21-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Going to be a pedant here, but how can we put it wide if we aren't shooting? FWIW, I don't think our problem lies fully there. We had countless balls into the box today, only one or two or which hit a green shirt. The rest were terrible.

I think he meant wide as in passing sideways/to players in a wide position.

erin go bragh
21-12-2013, 08:50 PM

Should have put , passing it wide !

Ggtth

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Shoot on sight. You won't score every time but you may get a corner or the odd deflection.

SmashinGlass
21-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Should have put , passing it wide !

Ggtth

Got you. I can read things too literally sometimes :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Keeping the ball is much better than hitting shots that could go anywhere, our players were correct.

tamig
21-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Keeping the ball is much better than hitting shots that could go anywhere, our players were correct.

Mmm. What if some of said shots hit the back of the net? Is keeping the ball really better than that?

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Mmm. What if some of said shots hit the back of the net? Is keeping the ball really better than that?Obviously not but its better than the more likely outcome of them going wide.

Hibs07p
22-12-2013, 06:08 AM
Obviously not but its better than the more likely outcome of them going wide.

If you don't shoot you don't score.

GGTTH

Hibercelona
22-12-2013, 06:54 AM
I keep saying the same thing over and over again. But we're playing our only striker out wide on the channel. Yes, it gets more balls into the box, but there'll be no cutting edge!

I said this about Butchers tactics from day one. It's not a workable tactic.

Ritchie
22-12-2013, 07:33 AM
Don't understand the point in crossing the ball high into the box. We have no height. Totally pointless.

Need to try something different

Tyler Durden
22-12-2013, 07:56 AM
I keep saying the same thing over and over again. But we're playing our only striker out wide on the channel. Yes, it gets more balls into the box, but there'll be no cutting edge!

I said this about Butchers tactics from day one. It's not a workable tactic.

You keep saying it....and it's not actually accurate. We had 2 strikers yesterday, of course one will drop short or wide at times.

Hibercelona
22-12-2013, 08:12 AM
You keep saying it....and it's not actually accurate. We had 2 strikers yesterday, of course one will drop short or wide at times.

We had 0 strikers yesterday.

Strikers are players that look to get into the box and get on the end of things, thats the whole point of having strikers on the pitch.

We don't get this from any of the players we put on the park.

Danderhall Hibs
22-12-2013, 08:12 AM

But we're not keeping it we're passing it wide then hammering it high across the box. The crosses are too high, have no pace, no direction. Be better shooting and hoping it hits off someone and goes in.

Hibercelona
22-12-2013, 08:16 AM
But we're not keeping it we're passing it wide then hammering it high across the box. The crosses are too high, have no pace, no direction. Be better shooting and hoping it hits off someone and goes in.

Agreed.

I'd rather we had 20-30 shots on goal in a game, than 60-70% posession with no shots at all.

erin go bragh
22-12-2013, 09:11 AM

Ever heard the phrase , if you dont buy a raffle ticket , you wont win a prize.
Plenty times yesterday we had the ball at the front of the box but rather than shooting ,we passed it wide. , then when the cross got blocked or cleared, we lost the ball anyway. Imo there is a time to shoot and a time to pass /cross and yesterday we over passed/crossed it .

Ggtth

monktonharp
22-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Ever heard the phrase , if you dont buy a raffle ticket , you wont win a prize.
Plenty times yesterday we had the ball at the front of the box but rather than shooting ,we passed it wide. , then when the cross got blocked or cleared, we lost the ball anyway. Imo there is a time to shoot and a time to pass /cross and yesterday we over passed/crossed it .

Ggtth:agree: I got so annoyed watching them do that yesterday, I left early and that is not what I normally do. I was screaming, f /in shoot, hit it dae somethin' ffs ! Iwas sitting next to a young girl, and I was getting so uptight, I decided to go.

cmcd
22-12-2013, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=Hibercelona;3842117]I keep saying the same thing over and over again. But we're playing our only striker out wide on the channel. Yes, it gets more balls into the box, but there'll be no cutting edge! said this about Butchers tactics from day one. It's not a workable tactic. I said this about Butchers tactics from day one I have to laugh Butcher with all his experience is being told by a kid how to play the game For Gods sake the man has only been with us for a few weeks I for one am sure he is the man for the job Just have a little patience

Keith_M
22-12-2013, 12:52 PM

Ggtth

:agree:

The strange thing is, they actually were doing this in Butcher's first game. They just seem to have reverted to type.

I sense there will be some *rses getting kicked this week for not following instructions.