PDA

View Full Version : Referees. Performance

staunchhibby
21-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Is there an address for the SFA where we can e-mail to complain about the performance of today's referee:clown::clown::clown:

Alfred E Newman
21-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Is there an address for the SFA where we can e-mail to complain about the performance of today's referee:clown::clown::clown:

Total waste of time.

Saorsa
21-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Total waste of time.:agree: He'll still be ruining another game next week efter that performance

Hibercelona
22-12-2013, 08:26 AM

wewilldosfaaboutit@sfascotland.co.uk

mutley
22-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Does anyone know if there is a formal complaints procedure that clubs can use in the event of a really poor referee? As said above in sure sending an email would just get ignored and put down to a moaning fan. But surely there must be a way to redress any major concerns

allezsauzee
22-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Aside from the absolute shambles he made of the free kick when he allowed St Johnstone's wall to be much nearer than 10 yards and booked Robertson for pointing this out, I didn't think the ref was that bad. I wasn't convinced it was a penalty at end and unless he was certain of it he can't give it. Got the Cregg red card spot on as well.

SaulGoodman
22-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Aside from the absolute shambles he made of the free kick when he allowed St Johnstone's wall to be much nearer than 10 yards and booked Robertson for pointing this out, I didn't think the ref was that bad. I wasn't convinced it was a penalty at end and unless he was certain of it he can't give it. Got the Cregg red card spot on as well.

Everyone else in the stadium knew it was a clear penalty, and a clear corner afterwards.

The ref bottled it after what happened earlier.

hibbysam
23-12-2013, 12:24 AM

Even the tiny decisions like throw ins and time wasting by there keeper he got wrong... So fussy over a yard or two at free kicks in your own half... The wall situation was a total joke... It took about 5 minutes to take! He totally lost the plot and no idea of advantage as he blew every two minutes... Not in a long time have I seen someone booed off by both sets of fans...

TRC
23-12-2013, 10:37 AM
penalty every day of the week Collins has no reason to go down. only saw highlights mind but spoke to a couple of folk that were at the game and they say it was a pen one of which is a st fan!

stantonhibby
23-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Everyone else in the stadium knew it was a clear penalty, and a clear corner afterwards.

The ref bottled it after what happened earlier.

Same ref who gave the pen against at Dundee utd last season for the foul outside the box.

O'Rourke3
23-12-2013, 10:49 PM

Sorry, thought ref had a stinker. I wasn't sure that the red card was correct at first view. Some tackles got a warning, some a yellow and persistent fouling went unpunished. While Lewis was always going to slide Stevie May, his theatrics afterwards trying to get a sending off was also worthy of a card, especially the long and protracted remonstrations to get him to produce a red. I'm not convinced (and have not seen it again as none of the highlights have shown it) that he was actually badly fouled. The 10 foot dive was impressive though.

Going back to the OP, nothing will happen or if it does it will be behind closed doors and we'll never really know - "He was due his stint in Div 2". There's no benefit to the SFA rubbishing it's own refs. As soon as they do then pressure for every decision from the fans and the clubs will make their position untenable and simply make more siege mentality. Getting refs to speak to the media after the game (not the clubs) would help. Chick Young, "that decision was pish - see here from the coverage..... Ref - "you are right, but from my view it looked like....". Diffuses the situation. People are entitled to mistakes but Saturdays ref was bordering incompetent.

snooky
23-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Sorry, thought ref had a stinker. I wasn't sure that the red card was correct at first view. Some tackles got a warning, some a yellow and persistent fouling went unpunished. While Lewis was always going to slide Stevie May, his theatrics afterwards trying to get a sending off was also worthy of a card, especially the long and protracted remonstrations to get him to produce a red. I'm not convinced (and have not seen it again as none of the highlights have shown it) that he was actually badly fouled. The 10 foot dive was impressive though.

Going back to the OP, nothing will happen or if it does it will be behind closed doors and we'll never really know - "He was due his stint in Div 2". There's no benefit to the SFA rubbishing it's own refs. As soon as they do then pressure for every decision from the fans and the clubs will make their position untenable and simply make more siege mentality. Getting refs to speak to the media after the game (not the clubs) would help. Chick Young, "that decision was pish - see here from the coverage..... Ref - "you are right, but from my view it looked like....". Diffuses the situation. People are entitled to mistakes but Saturdays ref was bordering incompetent.

Understatement of the year. :coffee:

SaulGoodman
23-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Same ref who gave the pen against at Dundee utd last season for the foul outside the box.

Didn't know that! No surprises there then.

The_Horde
24-12-2013, 01:17 PM

Makes you wonder if this certain "ref" actually suffers from incompetence or if there's perhaps more to it..

Diclonius
24-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Seems it's pretty obvious that a sizeable number of referees in Scotland have clear biases for and against certain teams - not just us.

However the wall of blind support they unconditionally give each other along with a steadfast refusal to accept any criticism without having a wee tantrum will ensure that will never change.

In England, if a referee has a known allegiance to a certain team, they are automatically exempt from League Cup and FA Cup finals involving either that team or their rivals. Chance of this being put in place in Scotland? **** all.

147lothian
25-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Looked a certain penalty to me, maybe we shouldn't be too harsh on the refs though, they are only on 800 quid a week

Deansy
25-12-2013, 01:59 AM

Great idea - however if you want them to actually do something about it I'd suggest signing it - N. LENNON.

Jones28
25-12-2013, 09:11 AM
We all know it was a penalty, but we didn't get it.

Every team suffers because of a poor refereeing decision at one time or another.

Draw a line under it and focus on the next game.