PDA

View Full Version : Big Team / Wee Team Debate

HFC_NYC
21-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Surely this has been laid to rest. One contender is in admin, the other isn't.

allezsauzee
21-12-2013, 12:56 AM
We shouldn't even acknowledge their claims of being the big team. If they really were the big team they wouldn't have to bang on about it all the time, everyone would know it already, but they're not ,they never have been and never will be.

HFC_NYC
21-12-2013, 01:06 AM
And yet we still hear claims that certain signings aren't hearts class. They just don't get it.

Pretty Boy
21-12-2013, 01:20 AM
The big team chat is utterly cringeworthy.

Real big teams don't have to go about telling everyone they are a big team, it's obvious.

No one that doesn't support that mob thinks they are a big team.

California-Hibs
21-12-2013, 01:46 AM
We're miles ahead of them in the league, not in administration, have a bigger newer stadium, along with a top notch training academy which we own......and they think they're the big team?!

The cringeworthy arguement they'll always use is attendances...yet they come nowhere near selling their stadium out every week and only just manage more than us, in some weeks not even, see both teams home attendances vrs Celtic for example! and have poor away attendances! Very bizzare indeed.

Let's see what they average in the first division and beyond.

As said, big teams don't need to state they're big teams, the reason they do this is that deep down they know they're inferior to us!

JMac
21-12-2013, 02:05 AM
I've never come across fans anywhere else so desperate for others to believe they're a big team. They practically beg other sets of fans to believe they're a big team.

connerg
21-12-2013, 02:42 AM

They see us as a threat and the potential we have. Same as the yams are always putting Aberdeen down. They are scared of us.

Carheenlea
21-12-2013, 06:01 AM
Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are three clubs of similar size, with Hearts maybe able to lay claim to a very slightly, barely worth talking about, larger fanbase. All three are big clubs in Scottish Football, but only one of these clubs embarrassingly feels it necessary to continually bang on about how big a club they are.

Hibercelona
21-12-2013, 06:02 AM
They're right though. They always have been the big team.

A big physical team full of huddies that is.

theonlywayisup
21-12-2013, 08:25 AM

Well and truly dead. But, I really hope that we don't come out with "we are now the big team rubbish". Instead, I hope we keep referring to them as the big team when they are spending some wilderness years in the lower leagues.

I have a mate at work who supports Rangers, but his hometown team is Dumbarton, the team he watches every home game. I keep saying to him "your wee team is doing better than your big team" and he was not sure how to react at first.

weonlywon6-2
21-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are three clubs of similar size, with Hearts maybe able to lay claim to a very slightly, barely worth talking about, larger fanbase. All three are big clubs in Scottish Football, but only one of these clubs embarrassingly feels it necessary to continually bang on about how big a club they are.

very true.im sure the biggest attendance at the wongadome In the last thirty years or so is when hibs played a semi final there v aberdeen,could be wrong though.
If Aberdeen keep progressing they will get bigger crowds then either edinburgh team and have had the largest away support for years outwith the old firm

Phil D. Rolls
21-12-2013, 08:39 AM
People are confusing "big ", with "bigger".

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Has anyone ever heard a Man Utd fan talk about being a 'big team'? No? Arsenal fan? Liverpool perhaps? Didn't think so

McKenzie
21-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Who cares? The more we talk about the more it fuels this horrendous chat. Let's do our talking on the pitch

lapsedhibee
21-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Surely this has been laid to rest.

Haven't they moved on from deluding themselves that they're big? I think the more recent delusion is that they're Famous, non?

Hibbyradge
21-12-2013, 10:46 AM
They say it to annoy susceptible Hibbies.

Obviously, it works.

The Sea-gull
21-12-2013, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure they have a much bigger support than us though due to having better ticket deals, a lot more derby success, a couple of cups they have definitely had a lot more fans wiling to go to games than we have in recent times. As a support we let ourselves down at the 2006 semi. That, plus our dwindling attendances of late, has made us look to them and the rest of Scottish football like a smaller club than we actually are.

Brightside
21-12-2013, 11:01 AM
I couldn't care less about hearts. Zero interest in big team wee team bollix.

Bostonhibby
21-12-2013, 11:01 AM
I like them annointing themselves as "big" its easy enough to take the piss out of them normally but in the current mess they are in its even better to reflect on their bigness and need to be big then have a pot at them. Big teams are all in admin in a ramshackle stadium with a dwindling support. They also bump the taxpayer, small businesses and charities. Wee teams will never reach that level.

Phil D. Rolls
21-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Is it not more amusing that they think it is important, than the fact that its untrue?

Lets face it, anybody whose ambition is to come third is a bit sad.

Stevo1875
21-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Past
Hibs - Hibs’ Famous Five inspired Brazil 1970http://www.easterroad.com/hibernian/the-famous-five/
Hearts -
Staying up would be hearts greatest achievment - Says it all and its No happening!
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbo-staying-up-would-be-hearts-greatest-achievement-1-3230204

Present
Hibs - have a chance of winning
Hearts - Nae chance... 25/1 i hear!

Future
Hibs - yes
Hearts - no

I score that Hibs 3 Hearts 0

Phil D. Rolls
21-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Past
Hibs - Hibs’ Famous Five inspired Brazil 1970http://www.easterroad.com/hibernian/the-famous-five/
Hearts -
Staying up would be hearts greatest achievment - Says it all and its No happening!
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbo-staying-up-would-be-hearts-greatest-achievement-1-3230204

Present
Hibs - have a chance of winning
Hearts - Nae chance... 25/1 i hear!

Future
Hibs - yes
Hearts - no

I score that Hibs 3 Hearts 0

Well, if you're counting. :rolleyes:

Thecat23
21-12-2013, 11:23 AM
I actually get a beamer when Hearts fans say this to me. It's so embarrassing! Big teams wins trophies ever year hearts don't, big teams sign real quality players every year Hearts don't, big teams are known no matter where they go in the world, Hearts aren't.

So let me think......... Yep Hearts are ***** and their fans are deluded. End of thread :D

Stevo1875
21-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Well, if you're counting. :rolleyes:

im sure there are more... at least 7!

Itsnoteasy
21-12-2013, 11:31 AM
It says it in their song. Away up in gorgie at *********** park theres a WEE fitba team that are aboot to go tits up.