PDA

View Full Version : New Forward

Torto7062
20-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Who would you like to sign For the Cabbage in January ??????

Waxy
20-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Leigh Griffiths

Ronniekirk
20-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Stevie May but like most of the names that will end up on this thread it ain't gonna happen

Hibdan12
20-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Wayne rooney would be nice

nonshinyfinish
20-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Hristo Stoichkov.

Bostonhibby
20-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Jordi Cruyff but if we can't raise his bus fare I'd go for £10m rated jason holt, an offer of £9.5m on day one of the transfer window might be enough to beat the rush, if that fails we could still take our pick of Europes finest for cash.

allezsauzee
20-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Super Leigh please.

Jones28
20-12-2013, 11:51 PM
Steve May, Billy McKay, Leigh Griffiths, all of the above.

Personally feel that wingers are what's need to provide a better service for our current strikers.

Magnifique
21-12-2013, 08:49 AM

I'm not convinced we need a new forward.

It's creativity IMO we lack and feel with some creativity behind and from the wings the Heff and Collins they will begin to deliver.

Hibercelona
21-12-2013, 08:58 AM

Messi, Ronaldo and Bale.

I think Billy McKay will be heading our way though.

Mango Man
21-12-2013, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE=Hibercelona;3841000]Messi, Ronaldo and Bale.

I think Billy McKay will be heading our way though.[/QUOTE

I just can't see McKay coming here, with the way he has been scoring I think a Championship side would be in for him, maybe even Celtic?!

Would be a great signing though.

Hibercelona
21-12-2013, 09:53 AM
I just can't see McKay coming here, with the way he has been scoring I think a Championship side would be in for him, maybe even Celtic?!

Would be a great signing though.

In ordinary circumstances I would agree. But I wouldn't underestimate Butchers ability to pull a few strings. McKay will of course be eager to take the big leap, but I wouldn't put a season with Hibs beyond all possibility.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Doesn't matter who we sign if we don't have the players to get the ball to him.

Holmesdale Hibs
21-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Steve May, Billy McKay, Leigh Griffiths, all of the above.

Personally feel that wingers are what's need to provide a better service for our current strikers.

Agree with this, particularly the second part. Although Super Leigh would obviously be welcome.

DAVE1875
21-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Personally: Leigh Griffiths

Realistically: ..... Marc McNulty :dunno:

Itsnoteasy
21-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Jamie Murphy ex well player

Liams
21-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Get calum booth back, he scored 2 today

Ronniekirk
21-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Get calum booth back, he scored 2 today
But would he do it back in this team We need a goal scorer that's for sure Don't care who it is .

yekimevol
21-12-2013, 06:23 PM
A big strong penalty box striker such as Higdon or Mixu. The number of times that ball was put into the box and no hibs player was on the end was shocking. Feel that would help Collins a lot as well, someone to feed off.

Alfred E Newman
21-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Riordan :offski:

Sir David Gray
21-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Leigh Griffiths or Billy McKay.

Don't think either will join us though.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Think need someone with a bit of pace like Sparky or that Billy Mckay.

smurf
21-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Exciting rumours doing the rounds on the Bounce.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-12-2013, 06:48 PM
From the bounce...

I was told today Billy McKay will be with us soon, I understand he has a get out clause in his contract? Last week after the ICT battered the ****s, McKay stayed on in Edinburgh, not taking the team bus home. As I understand it, he spent Sunday looking at houses in East Lothian. To date, my source has not been wrong, fingers crossed as we are desperate for a natural goalscorer.trots van het noorden

weonlywon6-2
21-12-2013, 07:04 PM
From the bounce...

I was told today Billy McKay will be with us soon, I understand he has a get out clause in his contract? Last week after the ICT battered the ****s, McKay stayed on in Edinburgh, not taking the team bus home. As I understand it, he spent Sunday looking at houses in East Lothian. To date, my source has not been wrong, fingers crossed as we are desperate for a natural goalscorer.trots van het noorden

Hmmm,and leigh perhaps!!

Heisenberg
21-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Billy McKay would be the signing of the season. I don't think we'd be able to pull it off though.

thebakerboy
21-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Would love some of the names mentioned on here but do not think anything major will be done in January but maybe a couple of real good loanees from top English clubs would be good and then(yet again) rebuild in summer.

Alfred E Newman
21-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Billy McKay would be the signing of the season. I don't think we'd be able to pull it off though.

You can bet your boots if he did come here he suddenly wouldn't be able to hit a coo in the erse with a shovel.

SteveHFC
21-12-2013, 07:52 PM
From the bounce...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XbyAhEKjA2U/TTaWdPzoK0I/AAAAAAAABNI/Bi34HjMi7tE/s1600/south_park_stan.jpg:wink:

bingo70
21-12-2013, 07:56 PM
From the bounce...

We got a natural goal scorer in Heffernan and he struggled and Collins has proven in the past he can.score goals. It's creativity we need imo.

Golden Bear
21-12-2013, 08:02 PM
We got a natural goal scorer in Heffernan and he struggled and Collins has proven in the past he can.score goals. It's creativity we need imo.

100% correct.

sambajustice
21-12-2013, 08:03 PM
So whats the general consensus... we need someone to put the ball in the net or we need a couple of players to create the chances??

From what I've seen this season its the latter. We create hee haw and the guys who are employed to stick it in the onion bag are playing miles away from where they should be and arent getting the chance to put away, well, chances!!

Dirkster23
21-12-2013, 08:08 PM
So whats the general consensus... we need someone to put the ball in the net or we need a couple of players to create the chances??

From what I've seen this season its the latter. We create hee haw and the guys who are employed to stick it in the onion bag are playing miles away from where they should be and arent getting the chance to put away, well, chances!!

Creativity, we lack natural width, pace and someone with decent delivery. We also lack a someone that plays through the middle and can thread balls through to the forwards. I'm not sure about Collins yet, but Heff looks like a guy that'll score if we can create openings.

Dibben
21-12-2013, 09:16 PM
I'd be delighted to see us add another striker to the club, if it was McKay, it would be some coup.

However. I think we'll see real progress once Harris is back fit and playing regularly!

deeks01
21-12-2013, 10:42 PM

Both. Personally think Caldwell isn't going to make the grade. Perhaps he should be loaned out see what he can do with regular game time but THAT goal may be the pinnacle of his Hibs career imo. Handling is a good player but very very inconsistent imo, worth keeping though. Cummings shows promise but is still very young. Vine can just go away as far as I'm concerned. Far far away. A good pacy forward is a must in January. However a good creative winger is also a must as we create pretty much **** all at the minute. Harris will be back soon hopefully but he can't do it alone, Cairney being back is good and zoubir is still an option I suppose but we need a fast creative winger from somewhere. Looking good apart from that imo unless a good right back is available. Forster and Maybury to share duties until end of season unless that is the case!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Ronniekirk
21-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Both. Personally think Caldwell isn't going to make the grade. Perhaps he should be loaned out see what he can do with regular game time but THAT goal may be the pinnacle of his Hibs career imo. Handling is a good player but very very inconsistent imo, worth keeping though. Cummings shows promise but is still very young. Vine can just go away as far as I'm concerned. Far far away. A good pacy forward is a must in January. However a good creative winger is also a must as we create pretty much **** all at the minute. Harris will be back soon hopefully but he can't do it alone, Cairney being back is good and zoubir is still an option I suppose but we need a fast creative winger from somewhere. Looking good apart from that imo unless a good right back is available. Forster and Maybury to share duties until end of season unless that is the case!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
Agree Caldwell has had his highlight and contract up at end of season so won't be renewed Handling had his place to keep and hasn't been able to so again there has to be a question mark about if he is kept We don't need inconsistent squad players It just leads to chopping and changing of team in search of something that is unobtainable with these players . Harris can't get all the pressure heaped on him as his form had already dipped because of this . Heff is the Main Man and will score but his lack of pace won't be to Terry's liking but we need him till the summer . vine to me was always a waste of a squad place and proved Fenlon had no plan. B when griffiths could not be kept.Cummings is too young to come into a struggling team but a few outings will give him experience for next season .So still don't see where goals are going to come from Raith Rovers must be glad they have got us at home in Scottish cup If we can't handle the league for fear we will be bricking it in that competition The feel good factor hasn't lasted long but this was always going to be a longer term project Top six is beyond this current team but has to be achieved after Transfer window or we aren't going to increase crowds and then there is less in transfer kitty Didn't want to be coming on being so negative but we are where we are !,

Alfred E Newman
22-12-2013, 06:01 AM

Both.
Individually some players are not too bad but collectively they are one of the worst Hibs " teams" I've seen. A hotch potch of players assembled by a succession of poor managers.
Width and pace please Mr Butcher.

The Sea-gull
22-12-2013, 07:20 AM
Jamie Murphy ex well player

Good, realistic shout. More of a wide player than a striker though but that is exactly what we need. Sure I heard/read somewhere he is going back to Motherwell.

mutley
22-12-2013, 10:47 AM
A wee rumour that sparky has told wolves to stick it! Anyone clarify that with any details? I'm sure that if he doesn't want to be there and the manager doesn't want him, I'd be happy with another loan spell

Famous Fiver
22-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Whoever it is get him on 1st January and release him on to the Gorgie mob on the 2nd. No sense in faffing about during the window, get the business done now, quietly and get whoever it is here on New Year's Day!!!!!!

Moon unit
22-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Bring Doyle back...oh and Sparky of course!