19-12-2013, 07:35 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25457024

this guy is nuts!

Gatecrasher
19-12-2013, 07:37 PM
He always wears his trousers up to his nipples :agree:

Onceinawhile
19-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Remember when it was mad for Southampton to sack adkins? Or Newcastle to get rid of houghton?

StarMan10
19-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Remember when it was mad for Southampton to sack adkins? Or Newcastle to get rid of houghton?

Whist i can see the point you are making, i think it's more the way that this guy has gone about it. He's shown a complete lack of knowledge towards the footballing side of things, and it appears that Malky has had to deal with all sorts.

Bostonhibby
19-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Guys an erse, hoping he goes for whoever his chosen manager is and they get relegated ,at least the fans will know where to direct their anger.

Mikey
19-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Sounds like bad news for Sam Allardyce!

TheFamous1875
19-12-2013, 09:55 PM
It's actually despicable that these clubs let these millionaire jokes be in charge of their 'plaything'. Blue birds wearing red? It's gone too far. Managers gettting sacked left, right, centre! Imagine being a fan of a club that could implode at any minute!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

monktonharp
19-12-2013, 11:07 PM
just saw a wee snippet on the bbc 80 news. looks like McKay is fur the exit. he does not seem to sing from the same hymnsheet as the club owner. watch this space but it looks like the manager who took the "bluebirds" into the top league for the first time, is on his way. the Malaysian owner, (dinnae ken his name) seems to think that the way forward for the club is to change the club colours, forget the bluebirds, and empty the manager that brought them intae the top league. for me, it reeks of Romanov. difference being, this gadge actually has the hyries. (money, if you don't understand low level Embra speak :greengrin).

allezsauzee
19-12-2013, 11:21 PM
There are a lot of bawbags running football clubs nowadays! Makes me glad we have a sensible guy running Hibs even if he's no splashing as much cash as some people would like.

Steven_Hibs
19-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Malky in talks for replacing Locke :greengrin

allezsauzee
19-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Malky in talks for replacing Locke :greengrin

AVB for the PBS I heard

monktonharp
19-12-2013, 11:29 PM
after giving it a few minutes thought, I have come to the conclusion (despite the fact that I've had a couple of drinks) that most of the few, which have a lot of money to spend ,and wish to have an English, or in this particular case Welsh team to put their money into, seem to think that whatever way they seem to think they can change the club, to suit their own means, is the way to go. Chelsea, with the megamoney man they have in charge, have now got themselves in a totally different ballgame compared to what their heroes of the past were involved in eg:peter Osgood, Charlie Cook etc. Not saying that this is a bad thing, but from a Scottish point of view, ye can get burnt!:wink:

VivaHiberņa
20-12-2013, 12:12 AM
It's actually despicable that these clubs let these millionaire jokes be in charge of their 'plaything'. Blue birds wearing red? It's gone too far. Managers gettting sacked left, right, centre! Imagine being a fan of a club that could implode at any minute!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:agree: I agree, Hibs being treated like that doesn't bear thinking about. Imagine some headcase owner decided he didn't like the colour green.

That said, FTJT.

Treadstone
20-12-2013, 12:39 AM
sounds like bad news for sam allardyce!

wba

lord bunberry
20-12-2013, 03:09 AM
Give it a few years and all these rich foreign owners will move on to the next fashionable toy, leaving the clubs in a financial mess and the fans picking up the pieces.

Tricla
20-12-2013, 05:52 AM
Look at that twonk at Hull tae.

'Hull Tigers!'

What a load of pish.

gorgie greens
20-12-2013, 06:08 AM
Living down here in Wales the situation with the tin pot nutter that currently owns Cardiff City Football Club,firstly he changes the team colours from blue to red because its a lucky colour in the country where hes from,now with them lying 15th in the premiership ,the Manager has the cheek to want to sign some players to strengthen the team so that they not only mantain there place in the League which is the main priority but to kick on from there and do a bit better,
Now Pol Pott has come out and said there will be no money to spend and has now come out and said to Malky McKay either resign or be sacked,wtf do these guys get off on,i know we moan about Hibs not having a sugar daddy to chuck money at a play thing but id rather have a guy in STF that has our intrest in his thoughts and not some jumped up knobhead

DC_Hibs
20-12-2013, 06:21 AM
Shows how far Cardiff Dragons have come that we have 3 active threads about this today !

gorgie greens
20-12-2013, 06:26 AM
Shows how far Cardiff Dragons have come that we have 3 active threads about this today !

yep ,only just saw the other 2 through my half shut eyes,

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2013, 06:35 AM
The guy seems a complete fruit loop, but when you sell your soul to the highest bidder you take the chance they might not be a Sheik Mansour?

Without his money they have not been troubling the Premiership, and they celebrated like mad when they were promoted, and even more when they beat Swansea.

Without the man they'd be nowhere near where they are today, but they'd still play in blue and they'd still play in the Championship.

Chasing the dream in England does have its costs, is it all worth it, before he came look at the mess they were in trying.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-record-135m-loss-2498022

gorgie greens
20-12-2013, 06:46 AM
Living down here i know the fans are 100% behind Malky

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Living down here i know the fans are 100% behind Malky

Hi Stewart, was listening to the radio this morning and the fans do seem to be behind McKay, plus a few managers are coming out now and backing him too.

You do wonder how long they'd continue to back him if the guy pulled his money out and they dropped like a stone back into the Championship? :wink:

hibsbollah
20-12-2013, 07:07 AM
Football has basically been getting ***** for quite a while. Guys like this and the betting scandals that are coming to the fore recently are just the inevitable consequence of too much money and weak governance. Apart from an abiding love for Hibs I am losing interest in the sport as weeks go by.

3pm
20-12-2013, 07:09 AM
I'll never have the respect for this guy as I do for Romanov!!!!

bighairyfaeleith
20-12-2013, 07:41 AM
I'll never have the respect for this guy as I do for Romanov!!!!

Exactly, a poor mans romanov if ever I have seen one, has he even gave a monkeys tirade towards the press yet? ****ing amatuer:greengrin

heretoday
20-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Hi Stewart, was listening to the radio this morning and the fans do seem to be behind McKay, plus a few managers are coming out now and backing him too.

You do wonder how long they'd continue to back him if the guy pulled his money out and they dropped like a stone back into the Championship? :wink:

Exactly. Back to obscurity for ever as opposed to a chance at being a top club. In our case we are grateful to STF for keeping us afloat but he is clearly quite happy for us to bumble along from year to year with no more ambition than a craving to beat the Hearts regularly. If a rich eastern potentate wanted to buy Hibs I, for one, would be delighted.

The Sea-gull
20-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Abolutely riddiculous if he gets sacked. Being treated shockingly. Felt it was harsh of WBA to sack Stevie Clarke too.

Sounds like MacKay is better off out of it and he would be as well to get out sooner rather than later as, as others have mentioned, while the WBA post is vacant he would be a contender for that.

Also, as others have also said, if big Sam were to get bulleted from West Ham or Chris Hughton from Norwich, he would surely be a contender for theses posts.

Whatever happens, don't think MacKay would be out of work too long.

Bostonhibby
20-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Exactly, a poor mans romanov if ever I have seen one, has he even gave a monkeys tirade towards the press yet? ****ing amatuer:greengrin

:agree: Haven't seen the man dance yet, no sightings of him being interviewed in a diving suit or boxing with players, I don't recall any talk of building megasuperhotelstadiums, winning the CL by 2008, never losing by 5 goals to anyone(oh dear) and splitting the old firm :blah:

It's just early too say he is he next dear leader, he hasn't appointed any of his own mates as managers yet, if Jumbo was to get the call then this pale shadow of Mr Romanov sir could be a contender, but for the moment there is only one Vladimir Romanov.

--------
20-12-2013, 11:28 AM
:agree: Haven't seen the man dance yet, no sightings of him being interviewed in a diving suit or boxing with players, I don't recall any talk of building megasuperhotelstadiums, winning the CL by 2008, never losing by 5 goals to anyone(oh dear) and splitting the old firm :blah:

It's just early too say he is he next dear leader, he hasn't appointed any of his own mates as managers yet, if Jumbo was to get the call then this pale shadow of Mr Romanov sir could be a contender, but for the moment there is only one Vladimir Romanov.

All this will come in due time. He's already started appointing cronies and family friends to key posts. I mean, a 23-year-old from Kazakhstan as head of recruitment for a football team playing in South Wales. It's the obvious choice, no?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25447874

Actually, come to think of it, didn't la famille Romanov disappear in the direction of one of the 'Stans, closely pursued by the Lithuanian polis and several big ugly thugs employed by the Baltic mafia? "Alisher Apsalyamov" - could this be Mini-me's new alias?

BTW - I've just heard from a VERY dependable source that Petrie plans to change the Hibs name to "Leith Lynx FC" and have us play in his own lucky colour - here's an advance photo of next year's home strip:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVGONgh00hNzLGMg7IcYzrs4z89k0HV JT0I9Du_Uptlev5MeLe7w

New style boots as well:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGPpVbVvkOdKXpPi5gl34S9WRQAWFh5 AOQCE4HsdJimjJIOn12XA

keep the faith
20-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Interesting that the BBC are reporting that Tan has lined up mackays replacement and it is a household name from another "brittish" club. The beeb are never usually shy in saying English club when that is the case.
Wonder if he is lining up super Ally!! :-D

DaveF
20-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Had the misfortune to tune into talksport last night to hear them discussing Cardiff. Simply childish broadcasting by Andy Goldstein who decided to call Vincent Tan, Vincent Plum all through the segment. Was delighted when a few fans who called in didn't join in with his stupid game and referred to him by his proper name.

There was only one plum on the radio last night and that was you, Goldstein. Ya plum.

Dan Sarf
20-12-2013, 04:26 PM
The poor sods who work for all the companies owned by Tan Sri Vincent of Cardiff City fame, have made a happy birthday video for him.

Unbelievable. Literally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ASPulaMixs

The Gorf
20-12-2013, 05:24 PM

'Hull Tigers!'

What a load of pish.
He told the supporters who were against the name change to "go away and die".:confused:

Moon unit
20-12-2013, 05:50 PM

'Hull Tigers!'

What a load of pish.
Can't wait to offer my megalomaniacal services for my bid for the New Gorgie Fudgepackers franchise!!!.... Mon the Fudgepackers!..

NAE NOOKIE
20-12-2013, 06:30 PM
This sort of thing is why the German's have got it right. No one man can own more than 49% of a club. Though I understand Volkswagen own all of Wolfsburg, but run the club as if they didnt in order to be able to play in the Bundesliga.

The good thing for the likes of Mr Tan is that no matter how much of a nutter he makes himself look, no matter how many good and competent people he ships out from Cardiff there will always be people willing to fill the void.

Look at the Yams. For years the managers job there was a standing joke, with the owner telling the manager who he could and couldnt have in the team. You would think that anybody with an ounce of dignity would have looked elsewhere for employment, but not a bit of it. It will be the same at Cardiff ... Folk like Brendan Rogers will express shock and horror about the way a fellow manager is being treated, while the ones out of a job will be dusting off their CVs.

Ahhhhhh .... Fitba

magpie1892
20-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Tan will find his laundry a lot harder to wash at an EPL club.

green&left
20-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Cardiff fans now deserve everything they get. F*** them, bottlers

thebakerboy
20-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Love commentator Ian Darke's comment on Twitter "Vincent Tan denies he knows nothing about football and has advised Cardiff to bat first at Liverpool if they win the toss"

NOLA
20-12-2013, 09:31 PM
All this will come in due time. He's already started appointing cronies and family friends to key posts. I mean, a 23-year-old from Kazakhstan as head of recruitment for a football team playing in South Wales. It's the obvious choice, no?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25447874

Actually, come to think of it, didn't la famille Romanov disappear in the direction of one of the 'Stans, closely pursued by the Lithuanian polis and several big ugly thugs employed by the Baltic mafia? "Alisher Apsalyamov" - could this be Mini-me's new alias?

BTW - I've just heard from a VERY dependable source that Petrie plans to change the Hibs name to "Leith Lynx FC" and have us play in his own lucky colour - here's an advance photo of next year's home strip:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVGONgh00hNzLGMg7IcYzrs4z89k0HV JT0I9Du_Uptlev5MeLe7w

New style boots as well:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGPpVbVvkOdKXpPi5gl34S9WRQAWFh5 AOQCE4HsdJimjJIOn12XA
those boots would be mint.

leggeto
21-12-2013, 02:25 PM
I've lost touch with the epl, it is all money money money I don't actually think they need the fans support down there anymore,whereas up here without the supporters the clubs would die

Kaff
21-12-2013, 02:51 PM
I've lost touch with the epl, it is all money money money I don't actually think they need the fans support down there anymore,whereas up here without the supporters the clubs would die

I read somewhere on twitter that Tan has used the old trick of covering the Ģ24m debts with loans and is charging 7%. Got them over a barrel if that is true.

Think it was a journo called David Conn that wrote the tweet

leggeto
21-12-2013, 03:20 PM
I read somewhere on twitter that Tan has used the old trick of covering the Ģ24m debts with loans and is charging 7%. Got them over a barrel if that is true.

Think it was a journo called David Conn that wrote the tweet

haha sounds familiar,can see them going down the Portsmouth route,hope not though quite like Cardiff