PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Jim Traynor

Famous Fiver
19-12-2013, 08:00 PM
It may be reported elsewhere on here but what is the bold Jim up to these days?

He left mainstream journalism firing off broadsides to all and sundry when he took up his exalted position at Sevco.

He left there earlier this month 'by mutual consent', as far as I know, and it might have been just me missing it, but it appeared a pretty low key departure.

Conspicuous by his silence. What is he up to now?

Keith_M
19-12-2013, 08:02 PM
He was 'conspicuous by his silence' when he was still at Ibrox. To this day, I've no idea what it was that he actually did.

Jonnyboy
19-12-2013, 08:04 PM
It may be reported elsewhere on here but what is the bold Jim up to these days?

He left mainstream journalism firing off broadsides to all and sundry when he took up his exalted position at Sevco.

He left there earlier this month 'by mutual consent', as far as I know, and it might have been just me missing it, but it appeared a pretty low key departure.

Conspicuous by his silence. What is he up to now?

He got paid a healthy wad of cash I understand. Not sure what he's doing now but I know at least one thing he wont be doing .......... going on a diet.

Wee fat turd deserves to be treated with the contempt he gladly treated others with

Billy Whizz
19-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Got a big pay off from Rangers. Must be on some confidentiality agreement where he can't comment on anything Ramgers

Craig_in_Prague
19-12-2013, 08:10 PM
he had a good face for the radio

cabbageandribs1875
19-12-2013, 08:31 PM
the Morbidly Obese rotund one shall be welcomed back to the BBC Sportsound programme no doubt :rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee
19-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Why they employed him given that he was the author of an article proclaiming Rangers FC had died, I'll never know. Probably the only article he ever got right to be fair.

IWasThere2016
19-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Traynor was employed by Der Neuer Hun to report/snoop on what others were saying/plotting etc. Little else.

Pretty Boy
19-12-2013, 09:37 PM
The way he shamelessly slagged other journalists in his bitter parting shot when he left the Record makes me think he won't be getting a call from many editors.

Does he still pretend to support Airdrie? Or was the article above his coming out as a fat, ugly, bigoted hun?*

*Is there any other kind?

green glory
19-12-2013, 09:45 PM
The way he shamelessly slagged other journalists in his bitter parting shot when he left the Record makes me think he won't be getting a call from many editors. Does he still pretend to support Airdrie? Or was the article above his coming out as a fat, ugly, bigoted hun?* *Is there any other kind?

I wouldn't put it last the Evening Times to give him a job.

heretoday
19-12-2013, 09:49 PM
I used to cringe listening to his Saturday phone in. Especially when he carried on flirty banter with his perky wee assistant. Dirty old devil.

poolman
19-12-2013, 10:00 PM
I have been reliably informed that he is now chief steak bake/pie taster at Greggs

Viva_Palmeiras
19-12-2013, 10:11 PM
He missed the boat for The Hobbit.

Gotta be an autobiography brewing still working on a few titles

"It's life but not as we know it (Jim)"
"The Truth is out there... (But I'm stuffed if I can be bothered finding it) "

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-12-2013, 10:13 PM
A bit odd that he was the self-appointed anti-bigotry champion in terms of the media yet the minute that he was employed by one of the major peddlers of this filth, they took it to another level.

Deansy
19-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Traynor always reminded me of the minor, insignificant, character in the old 'Hammer Horror Films', the one who secretly worships 'The Devil' and hopes that he will someday be acknowledged for his loyalty/worth to him - and then when given his wish, realises (too late) that 'The Devil' is really and truly a malignant cancer on this earth.

Spike Mandela
20-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Hopefully retired. His irrelevance now is overwhelming.

Hibiza
20-12-2013, 01:02 PM
lurking somewhere between ibox ( contacts big man) - bbc hq (contacts big man) - exec employment agency ( contacts big man). OR just sweeping up leaves. :flag:

Hibiza
20-12-2013, 01:03 PM
leafs

JimBHibees
20-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Was Traynor one of the large number of ex-Rangers News journalists who slightly disproportionately appear to have landed prime jobs in the MSM.

AllisBarry was one I am pretty sure.

Holmesdale Hibs
20-12-2013, 01:06 PM
I always liked his radio show. JT is good at winding up thick weejies and even if he is a Hun at heart he never held back when talking about them on his show. SportScotland is worse off without him and I'd have JT over Chick Young, Billy Dodds et al any day.

As for JT joining the newco, there's something dodgy there. I remember John Brown saying he felt let down by JT after tipping him off about something he never reported (after his rant outside castle greyskul). It looks like a blatant case of Newco paying JT to keep quiet.

Winston Ingram
20-12-2013, 01:32 PM
As long as he keeps out of mainstream media that'd be great.

The man was a hypocritical pr!ck

jacomo
20-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Traynor was employed by Der Neuer Hun to report/snoop on what others were saying/plotting etc. Little else.

Surely he wrote some of the comment pieces they released from time to time on their website? They certainly read like they came from his vitriolic, bitter mind (although admittedly that doesn't make him unique amongst the Rangers minded)

marinello59
20-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Who cares where he is? Basically, the man is a total ****.

magpie1892
20-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Who cares where he is? Basically, the man is a total ****.

Agreed.

Did a bit of research though and he was off to Australia (economy - woe betide whoever had to sit next to Jabba the Hutt) looking for work but, amazingly, nothing transpired.

Has been seen back in the western end of the central belt since.

Speaking from experience, not only as a journalist but as a hirer/firer, I don't see how it's possible for him to work (as a 'journo') in Scotland (and even England) again, unless it's to career change into ironing the sashes of the Armadale 1st regular boys flute chiv loyal.

On a more general note, time is long passed where we get interested in sectarianism - it's really not interesting to anyone without the 'scene' any more - and both protagonists know it.

Hibercelona
20-12-2013, 04:09 PM
A lot like fatty Foulkes. Don't know what he's doing now, don't care.