PDA

View Full Version : NHC In a few years time...

AngusHibby
19-12-2013, 03:13 PM
With the apparent emergence of some exciting Scottish players, thought it would be interesting to have a look at a potential future Scotland XI. Couldn't find for all positions so feel free to add your own suggestions and change formation etc.

GK Jordan Archer (Tottenham) aged 20
LB Andrew Robertson (Dundee United) aged 19. CB John Souttar (Dundee United) aged 17. CB Jordan Mcghee (Hearts) aged 17. RB ?
CM Stuart Armstrong (Dundee United)aged 21. CM ?
LW Craig Sibbald (Falkirk) aged 18. CAM Ryan Gauld (Dundee United) aged 18. RW Alex Harris (Hibs) aged 19.
ST Islam Feruz (Chelsea) aged 18

A few reasons to be excited?

Just the one player from Locke's golden boys

(Sorry if its a bit scrappy)

SteveHFC
19-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Jack Harper (Real Madrid) :agree:

RIP Bestie
19-12-2013, 03:18 PM
With the apparent emergence of some exciting Scottish players, thought it would be interesting to have a look at a potential future Scotland XI. Couldn't find for all positions so feel free to add your own suggestions and change formation etc.

LB Andrew Robertson (Dundee United) aged 19. CB John Souttar (Dundee United) aged 17. CB Jordan Mcghee (Hearts) aged 17. RB ?
LW Craig Sibbald (Falkirk) aged 18. CAM Ryan Gauld (Dundee United) aged 18. RW Alex Harris (Hibs) aged 19.

And you've got him in before our own Jordan:confused:

LioNeilMessi
19-12-2013, 03:29 PM

St Johnstone's Stevie May is still to play for Scoltand and hopefully our very own Leigh Griffiths isn't too old slot into that World Cup winning squad :greengrin

AngusHibby
19-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Just had a read bout the kid. Unreal, had no idea there was a Scot in the Real Madrid set up

AngusHibby
19-12-2013, 03:52 PM
And you've got him in before our own Jordan:confused:

Perhaps I was reading too much into the reports he was being scouted by the old lady of Turin

TheFamous1875
19-12-2013, 03:59 PM

Graeme Shinnie at RB, even though he's left footed... Sam Stanton alongside Armstrong?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Golden Bear
19-12-2013, 04:08 PM
I was under the impression that the cream of the world's young football stars are currently at piggery park so I'd be surprised if anyone else came up for consideration.

It's got to be true - hasn't it?

jacomo
19-12-2013, 04:45 PM
I was under the impression that the cream of the world's young football stars are currently at piggery park so I'd be surprised if anyone else came up for consideration.

It's got to be true - hasn't it?

That's in our hands. Either we risk crushing the rich potential of these young starlets, or we do the sensible thing and all sign up to support FoH in realising the dream.

Oh, and we should probably petition the relevant authorities to reverse the points penalty, and give Hearts a bonus +15 for this season so that outstanding young manager Gary Locke
can focus on coaching instead of fretting about relegation.

TRC
19-12-2013, 05:00 PM

he has has two younger brothers as well, one at Betis the other can't remember. what's his back ground are both parents Scottish or just one?

Haymaker
19-12-2013, 05:32 PM
he has has two younger brothers as well, one at Betis the other can't remember. what's his back ground are both parents Scottish or just one?

Both from Glasgow IIRC. He was born in Spain I think.

Makaveli
20-12-2013, 03:10 PM
Good post.

It's also worth bearing in mind that a lot of players already involved with the squad will still be under/around 30 at the 2018 WC...

... the likes of Mackay-Steven, McArthur, Forrest, Snodgrass, Bannan, Anya, Rhodes, Griffiths. Fletcher will be 31.

Pretty Boy
20-12-2013, 03:22 PM
There's no doubt there is an exciting group of young boys coming through in Scotland. We might even have a few of our own nearly ready to break through.

But it's a big ask to make the big step from a talented teenager to a 1st team star in your mid to late 20s. There was an article in the paper after the last World Cup with the young players who would make up the England team at Brazil 14 and Euro 16. Of those 11 players only Theo Walcott is pretty much certain to be in Brazil. Quite a few others have dropped down the leagues or are still only bit part players at EPL clubs.

TheFamous1875
20-12-2013, 03:35 PM
McGregor.

Forster. Souttar. Hanlon. Robertson.

Stanton. Craig.

GMS. Gauld. Harris.

S. Fletcher.

Imagine that!

(Edited 3/1/14) :greengrin:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD