PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Green Views - Supporters Survey

RSS Bot
19-12-2013, 08:00 AM
Survey results helping to shape Hibernian experience

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131219/green-views-supporters-survey_2262950_3583168)

down-the-slope
19-12-2013, 08:15 AM
We have been in dialogue with Supporters Direct as mentioned in article

http://www.supporters-direct.org/homepage/what-we-do/scotland (http://www.supporters-direct.org/homepage/what-we-do/scotland)

They will endeavour to take up the issue of short notice TV rescheduling of KO times etc as their remit is to act on behalf of all supporters and this is no just a our club specific issue.

Saorsa
19-12-2013, 08:32 AM
I notice it mentions communication, still masses of room for improvement in some areas there unless there's other reasons for lack of response in certain areas.

Jack
19-12-2013, 09:16 AM
A wee bit more on the results can be found by following the links at the foot of http://hibslwt.com/?p=42 - I hope!!!

down-the-slope
19-12-2013, 09:35 AM
A wee bit more on the results can be found by following the links at the foot of http://hibslwt.com/?p=42 - I hope!!!

Thanks Jack!

RIP
19-12-2013, 09:57 AM
I notice it mentions communication, still masses of room for improvement in some areas there unless there's other reasons for lack of response in certain areas.

Well said mate - believe the LWT Communications group may be planning to meet soon.

A more direct communication culture is emerging where the whole Hibernian Family meets up frequently over pints/coffees and chews the fat. If we can't meet face to face we pick up the phone. Hopefully email will be abandoned for anything important - it's a bloody hopeless method for getting anything done or understood. Much better to talk regularly.

:thumbsup:

Saorsa
19-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Well said mate - believe the LWT Communications group may be planning to meet soon.

A more direct communication culture is emerging where the whole Hibernian Family meets up frequently over pints/coffees and chews the fat. If we can't meet face to face we pick up the phone. Hopefully email will be abandoned for anything important - it's a bloody hopeless method for getting anything done or understood. Much better to talk regularly.

:thumbsup:It might as well be, that's for sure. A lack of even a response/acknowledgement is poor though, nae matter what the method used. There's nae excuse for ignorance, which seems the most common response tae any questioning or issues raised they dinnae like.

MurrayfieldHibs
19-12-2013, 10:22 AM
"·Matchday catering in the stadium kiosks attracted adverse comments"

We could start up a new thread covering how bad the catering is.

It's another Hibs Kids day this Saturday and no doubt it will be a huge surprise to the catering company that there are lots of hungry/thirsty bairns at ER :grr:

GORDONSMITH7
19-12-2013, 11:31 AM
All of our Branch members were made aware of this fans lead initiative, with a link to the survey, as will this article from Hibs. A big thanks to James and other fans who worked tirelessly on setting this up and Hibs for already taking issues raised on board. Frank and honest communication, between Hibs fans and Hibernian and vice versa, is without doubt in my opinion a huge aspect of the way forward for Hibs in the short and long term. We in St. Pat's over the past few years since our inception have made it clear, aye on occasion face to face with the high heid yins, that the communication situation between Hibs and fans has been less than acceptable, as have many Hibs fans. The communication from Hibs has improved dramatically over the past period and Hibs have to be congratulated on that. However talk, as they say, is cheap. Whilst having constructively criticized in the past it was felt that we should step up to the mark and Dougie McLeod, St. Patrick's Branch Chairperson has joined the LWT Communications Group to assist in carrying on the work that they have already done.

GGTTH

Hibs 3-0 on Saturday

BIG G

down-the-slope
19-12-2013, 01:39 PM
"·Matchday catering in the stadium kiosks attracted adverse comments"

We could start up a new thread covering how bad the catering is.

It's another Hibs Kids day this Saturday and no doubt it will be a huge surprise to the catering company that there are lots of hungry/thirsty bairns at ER :grr:

Are you up for getting involved when we have a Q&A session & tasting with the catering manager responsible for the Kiosks?

jacomo
19-12-2013, 01:43 PM

Aye but tbf 'The Hibernian' email is a step in the right direction.

However, this is not the first time the club has embarked upon an email marketing drive, to then drop it again a few months' later. Consistency is the key I think.

MB62
19-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Are you up for getting involved when we have a Q&A session & tasting with the catering manager responsible for the Kiosks?

There's a catering manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought he was on holiday with Lord Lucan :greengrin

down-the-slope
19-12-2013, 02:41 PM

He is a She :wink: they do catering at several grounds and have been very willing to meet - you up for being included?

ancient hibee
19-12-2013, 04:39 PM

He's certainly been putting Shergar in the pies.

Pete
20-12-2013, 03:23 AM
I think surveys are fantastic and I congratulate the guys who organised this for doing so. They obviously care about the club and want the best.

However, this is the first I've heard about it. I've seen no links on here or the official site to any survey...even though 77% of people say they were the main routes to completing the survey:confused:

What was this through? "Supporters" clubs?

I sort of lost interest after the first two points.

Of the 1320 respondents, only 57% were season ticket holders.

8% of those polled didn't even go to matches.

As a holder of four season tickets (the lifeblood of the club apparently) I'm a little miffed that nobody is getting the opportunity to mull over my suggestions.

If the club want to look at the results of a real survey then maybe they should poll all 8000 season ticket holders. I'm sure every one of them would love to give their opinion on their match day experience and then they could get real results that they could act on. Why are people who don't even bloody go having an input when it comes to catering?? There could maybe be a different survey with more relevant questions for non season ticket holders.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone who helped produce this but there's a big fanfare about what fans want on the official site....yet only around 10% of the "most important part of the club" have been heard.

Family? Right now I bet around 90% of us feel like spare pricks at a wedding.

Gatecrasher
20-12-2013, 05:56 AM
I think surveys are fantastic and I congratulate the guys who organised this for doing so. They obviously care about the club and want the best.

However, this is the first I've heard about it. I've seen no links on here or the official site to any survey...even though 77% of people say they were the main routes to completing the survey:confused:

As a holder of four season tickets (the lifeblood of the club apparently) I'm a little miffed that nobody is getting the opportunity to mull over my suggestions.

If the club want to look at the results of a real survey then maybe they should poll all 8000 season ticket holders. I'm sure every one of them would love to give their opinion on their match day experience and then they could get real results that they could act on. Why are people who don't even bloody go having an input when it comes to catering?? There could maybe be a different survey with more relevant questions for non season ticket holders.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone who helped produce this but there's a big fanfare about what fans want on the official site....yet only around 10% of the "most important part of the club" have been heard.

Even though you have edited it I still think it's a bit harsh, there were links on the official site to make people aware and also a discussion on here about and as well, I think it was also mentioned on the clubs twitter feed a couple of times as well, I didn't have anything to do with this survey other than complete it. As it was an online survey there was always going to be people unable to complete it bit I think they done quite well to make people aware of it.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?262790-Green-Views-Supporters-Survey-(LWT)&highlight=survey

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130427/online-supporter-survey_2262950_3159023

Beefster
20-12-2013, 07:07 AM

It's important to find out why folk who have been customers in the past are no longer customers.

IIRC, the poll was fairly widely publicised on here, the Bounce, Twitter and the official site.

If you're desperate to have your say, I'd have thought that you'd have been interested in what other Hibees are saying too. Fair point about polling all ST holders but I'd imagine that most have access to the internet and the costs of mailing everyone and waiting on responses would cost a lot more and take a lot more time.

down-the-slope
20-12-2013, 07:52 AM
It's important to find out why folk who have been customers in the past are no longer customers.

IIRC, the poll was fairly widely publicised on here, the Bounce, Twitter and the official site.

If you're desperate to have your say, I'd have thought that you'd have been interested in what other Hibees are saying too. Fair point about polling all ST holders but I'd imagine that most have access to the internet and the costs of mailing everyone and waiting on responses would cost a lot more and take a lot more time.

:aok: Thanks Beefster - good points well made.

We as supporters did this as we felt it was important to get hard feedback from those most important - the fans. Management & staff having been (rightly) pared back to keep most of the money going to sporting side did not have capacity to undertake this. What we hoped was to get a sizable enough response to give it credibility - we achieved that to the extent that LWT (board / management / volunteers) have been able to make progress and improvements in some of the areas that fared poorly (we have seen increased commitment to better communication / ticketing services being transformed (booking fees being removed being an extraordinary result) to name a couple). Also we hope that seeing the data received is actually being put to use will encourage greater numbers to complete the next time we undertake this...it also means we have some baseline figures to see how views change (or not)

Just to add to the point about individuals who don't attend completing the poll. Those individuals took the time and interest to complete it (poll was on .Net / Bounce / Official site with lots of publicity and was open for 3 weeks for completion - it just highlights one of the major issues with communication, that no matter how much effort you make some don't 'hear' the message)
Reasons for non attendance

Location (some distant living fans actually spend more on shirts / stones / HibsTV etc than some who attend occasionally ....who's views are more valid?)
Cost - some who couldn't due to personal circumstances (but would like to) some who just felt it was not value now
Football on offer - some who were at the time choosing not to as style of football / that final had sickened them

There were others...but its important if we are to see our club flourish on the park where it really matters that we engage with supporters who are in these category's..

MurrayfieldHibs
20-12-2013, 09:11 AM

Yes, definitely up for this and I could bring my 8 year old son along if a younger perspective would be useful. Any thoughts on when this will be?

Well done to the guys who are getting involved with trying to improve our club. There seems to be a real committment to making positive change. Keep it up :aok:

:flag::flag::flag:

down-the-slope
20-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Yes, definitely up for this and I could bring my 8 year old son along if a younger perspective would be useful. Any thoughts on when this will be?

Well done to the guys who are getting involved with trying to improve our club. There seems to be a real committment to making positive change. Keep it up :aok:

:flag::flag::flag:

:agree: yes absolutely - we and Lindleys catering manager are keen to have a broad range of ages and both those who currently do and those who don't use Kiosks. It will hopefully be early in the new year and possibly pre-match (12.30ish if it were a 3pm game) Bit of a presentation / Q&A and then tasting.
If you PM me some contact details I'll make sure you are kept in the loop :aok: