PDA

View Full Version : Yams Favourite Yams quote

theonlywayisup
18-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Seen some funny Yam quotes on the Yams Financial Meltdown thread. So thought, they deserved a thread of their own. Post the Yam comment, with date when comment is made. There is no need for further comment, their quotes will be comedy gold. So get posting their quotes, interviews etc. There is so many to choose from.

George Foulkes said 22nd October 2005 :

“We're going to get the best manager to take us to a Champions League place and perhaps to the top of the SPL.. We're going to sign a top class manager”

Result: Graham Rix appointed shortly after.

HibbySpurs
18-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Don't remember the date but....

"Administration is a Hibs fantasy" - Vladimir Romanov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

#FromTheCapital
18-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Sergijus Fedetovas 2009 -

"Our positive funding arrangement means that it is our own Group that finances Hearts and not external financial institutions. We therefore do not consider this as "real" debt - in simple terms, we owe the money to ourselves as Hearts is owned by UBIG."

Result - Administration and very near liquidation because they were unable to pay this 'fake' debt.

Greentinted
18-12-2013, 07:01 PM
"We are unbeatable" - 29th October 2005, South Stand, Easter Road.
Fannies.

soupy
18-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Seen some funny Yam quotes on the Yams Financial Meltdown thread. So thought, they deserved a thread of their own. Post the Yam comment, with date when comment is made. There is no need for further comment, their quotes will be comedy gold. So get posting their quotes, interviews etc. There is so many to choose from.

George Foulkes said 22nd October 2005 :

“We're going to get the best manager to take us to a Champions League place and perhaps to the top of the SPL.. We're going to sign a top class manager”

Result: Graham Rix appointed shortly after.

Hahahahaha :-)

Pretty Boy
18-12-2013, 07:03 PM
From Vlad in 2004:

'We will be debt free by the end of the year i think. And the budget will be about £10M.'

portycabbage
18-12-2013, 07:11 PM
From Vlad in 2007:

'We will be debt free by the end of the year i think. And the budget will be about £10M.'

I thought he said that in 2004 before he took over. He may have said it again though. Either way he was talking bollocks.

fat freddy
18-12-2013, 07:12 PM
"The club has strong leadership and we are fortunate to have a man like Vladimir Romanov at the helm.
"He is not the complete autocrat that some have suggested.
"He's a strong man, a strong leader because you don't get to the top in business by being weak-willed.
"He is determined to take this club to the top and intends to break the Celtic and Rangers domination of Scottish football and I believe the man has every chance of achieving that with this club.""At the risk of claiming superiority, I've got 30 years business experience and I think he's the real deal."

Leslie Deans quoted back when the delusion was of epic proportions.

Twa Cairpets
18-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Dear Monkeys,

Today I will not be showing your portrait to you. It is pointless. You are one step away from becoming human beings.

Go and carefully have a look at yourself in the mirror. Don't you see a human in it?

Stop fighting for the values which the ex-captain of Hearts was fighting for.

Education and truthful information - that should be your input to humankind.

Your leader Mowgli is not taking bananas any more, now he is taking money for lies and untruthful interpretation. However he is greedy and makes you collect rotten information from cesspits and poisons readers with it.

This is unworthy even of a monkey.

Today I will express my opinion in English about refereeing in order that your Mowgli will not make you tell lies.

To discuss whether referees take money or not is the same as discussing a woman who gives herself with no love.

Isn't it better to concentrate on the standard of their work instead of looking for reasons for their poor performance?

A woman cheats herself and nature if she gives herself without love. If a referee officiates a game based on his personal love, he commits a cynical crime, especially when the public has trusted him.

I respect those referees who take money from two stupid teams and then honestly officiates a game. They do not harm football in any way. Though it is bad, still everybody is equal for them. Perhaps that is the reason why football in Italy will never die despite all the scandals that continuously shake it.

I think that is much better than being the champions for 40 years while building up the same system for further 40 years.

Now it has become obvious to me why you, the Monkeys, were trying to ruin Hearts not only in the Championship, but in European competitions as well. I think it was not without your help that the 'frozen' referee from Russia was selected to officiate our match and that in the games against the Greek side we got three red cards.

It is not without your help that traitors were presented as heroes thus showing the road to children for betrayal.

You will always call teachers silly because unlike you they lead children along the correct path.

Protecting your values in that way just spoils not only football, but also a Scotsman's proud name.

I beg you Mowgli, take the monkeys back to the Safari Park!

S4uzee
18-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Jamie "the enforcer" Hamill said something today along the lines that if they get a result at parkhead then it will put to bed the 0-7

Mr White
18-12-2013, 07:16 PM
"I was approached a few weeks ago by managing director David Southern to come and have a chat. I said to him that before I even considered putting my name to anything I needed three things – integrity, honesty and transparency. My oldest boy said he didn’t want money for Christmas – he wanted Hearts shares instead.”

john robertson urging fans to buy "shares" 7th nov 2012

greenginger
18-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Vlad 2005, quote from Scotsman.

" I want to invest in Edinburgh. The city does not have another worthy club, so you don't have to fight to win over the fans "

Get it right up you, and your yam ar*e lickers ! :greengrin

Pretty Boy
18-12-2013, 07:18 PM
I thought he said that in 2004 before he took over. He may have said it again though. Either way he was talking bollocks.

I think you are right.
Edited.

Phil D. Rolls
18-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Have a banana Sambo.

Gary Booth, Love Thy Medals

#FromTheCapital
18-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Dear Monkeys,

Today I will not be showing your portrait to you. It is pointless. You are one step away from becoming human beings.

Go and carefully have a look at yourself in the mirror. Don't you see a human in it?

Stop fighting for the values which the ex-captain of Hearts was fighting for.

Education and truthful information - that should be your input to humankind.

Your leader Mowgli is not taking bananas any more, now he is taking money for lies and untruthful interpretation. However he is greedy and makes you collect rotten information from cesspits and poisons readers with it.

This is unworthy even of a monkey.

Today I will express my opinion in English about refereeing in order that your Mowgli will not make you tell lies.

To discuss whether referees take money or not is the same as discussing a woman who gives herself with no love.

Isn't it better to concentrate on the standard of their work instead of looking for reasons for their poor performance?

A woman cheats herself and nature if she gives herself without love. If a referee officiates a game based on his personal love, he commits a cynical crime, especially when the public has trusted him.

I respect those referees who take money from two stupid teams and then honestly officiates a game. They do not harm football in any way. Though it is bad, still everybody is equal for them. Perhaps that is the reason why football in Italy will never die despite all the scandals that continuously shake it.

I think that is much better than being the champions for 40 years while building up the same system for further 40 years.

Now it has become obvious to me why you, the Monkeys, were trying to ruin Hearts not only in the Championship, but in European competitions as well. I think it was not without your help that the 'frozen' referee from Russia was selected to officiate our match and that in the games against the Greek side we got three red cards.

It is not without your help that traitors were presented as heroes thus showing the road to children for betrayal.

You will always call teachers silly because unlike you they lead children along the correct path.

Protecting your values in that way just spoils not only football, but also a Scotsman's proud name.

I beg you Mowgli, take the monkeys back to the Safari Park!

:faf:

Result - Vlad has a stroke.

Pretty Boy
18-12-2013, 07:22 PM
'Hearts manager Csaba Lazlo has claimed Manchester United, Chelsea and Fulham have expressed an interest in defender Christophe Berra.'

TRC
18-12-2013, 07:24 PM
no team will ever beat us 5-0 again. Romanov hmm

matty_f
18-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Now that's what I call a planning application.

Jones28
18-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Anything anyone affiliated or associated with Hearts has said since 2004.

:na na:

Aldo
18-12-2013, 07:39 PM
A few from Foulkes

'Mr Romanov has already done a huge amount for the club as the principal shareholder. How much more can he do as the owner'

Run away to Russia with all yur money you plum

'
'There is obviously a chance we could continue to play at Tynecastle when the new main stand is being built but, if we did, then the capacity would have to be cut from around 17,000 to 13,000, which would not be ideal'

'We are not going to rush it but we're also not going to have undue delay. I can say the club will go from strength to strength'

So beauty's from Fatty.

jacomo
18-12-2013, 07:45 PM
"The club has strong leadership and we are fortunate to have a man like Vladimir Romanov at the helm.
"He is not the complete autocrat that some have suggested.
"He's a strong man, a strong leader because you don't get to the top in business by being weak-willed.
"He is determined to take this club to the top and intends to break the Celtic and Rangers domination of Scottish football and I believe the man has every chance of achieving that with this club.""At the risk of claiming superiority, I've got 30 years business experience and I think he's the real deal."

Leslie Deans quoted back when the delusion was of epic proportions.

A few from Foulkes

'Mr Romanov has already done a huge amount for the club as the principal shareholder. How much more can he do as the owner'

Run away to Russia with all yur money you plum

'
'There is obviously a chance we could continue to play at Tynecastle when the new main stand is being built but, if we did, then the capacity would have to be cut from around 17,000 to 13,000, which would not be ideal'

'We are not going to rush it but we're also not going to have undue delay. I can say the club will go from strength to strength'

So beauty's from Fatty.

Vlad is obviously a rich source of quotes but I think the hubris from these two is near unbeatable. What an absolute pair of d!cks.

Hibbyradge
18-12-2013, 08:05 PM
"They died on May 19".

lord bunberry
18-12-2013, 08:25 PM
"We are now self sufficient and don't require funding from Lithuania"
David self sufficient Southern 2 weeks before they went into*administration

The Falcon
18-12-2013, 08:38 PM
"I was approached a few weeks ago by managing director David Southern to come and have a chat. I said to him that before I even considered putting my name to anything I needed three things – integrity, honesty and transparency. My oldest boy said he didn’t want money for Christmas – he wanted Hearts shares instead.”

john robertson urging fans to buy "shares" 7th nov 2012

So, basically, Robbo's boy got hee haw last Christmas.

Pretty Boy
18-12-2013, 08:41 PM
'Technically we are self sufficient if it wasn't for the debt repayments, we even turned a small profit last year. No way will we go into administration'. - A yam roaster i know.

Actually he has a point if i didn't pay my bills i'd have plenty money too.

derek0762
18-12-2013, 08:51 PM
"We WILL be above Hubs by Christmas"

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
18-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Edouard Malofeev

Astooshtri etc etc :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwGWgItWw7s

lEXO
18-12-2013, 10:04 PM
It,s not a debt. We owe it to ourselves. I laughed almost as much then as I did when they went into administration.

Saorsa
18-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Romanov represents the hope for the future of hearts and I urge the clubs major shareholders not to price the Lithuanian banker out of a deal, otherwise "they'll never be forgiven by the fans

Pishy Breeks

I've dealt with Romanov. I've had two meetings with him. He and his people are very positive. Everything they've said they'll do, they've done. They're straightforward and they've got the money behind them

Pishy Breeks

Makaveli
18-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Hearts class quote in banner form:

http://images.scotsman.com/2006/03/22/RixGalBanner.jpg

WeeCraigy
18-12-2013, 10:56 PM
"Pish oan ma face"

-Gary Locke

WindyMiller
18-12-2013, 11:09 PM
My signature...............

:cb

Leithenhibby
18-12-2013, 11:13 PM
It's not a quote, but it makes me smile just the same.... :wink:

Bostonhibby
19-12-2013, 12:03 AM
End of October " now that we are saved I have stopped the direct debit".

Hibercelona
19-12-2013, 03:13 AM
http://oi46.tinypic.com/sdcuhk.jpg

29/11/2005

"Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov has vowed that his new found Hearts team will win the Champions League inside 10 years and will never lose to clubs such as Barcelona and Chelsea".

P.S Would just like to thank the flumps for all their transparent GIF creations. They must have known they'd be put to good use some day.