PDA

View Full Version : Returns from injury

PatHead
18-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Notice Clancy played for the U20s yesterday so must be starting to get fit. I think heard Harris is playing some U20s. These 2 would be like new signings.

Anyone know when Heffernan will be back?

S4uzee
18-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Notice Clancy played for the U20s yesterday so must be starting to get fit. I think heard Harris is playing some U20s. These 2 would be like new signings.

Would love for heff and Harris to be back for the derby

MB62
18-12-2013, 11:20 AM

Are you trying to say that these players have been out long term injured? I also heard McPake was out too and that Nelson had missed a few weeks but this cannot be true as I was told that it was only the Yams that had a horrendous injury list as they had THREE first team players out and were now down to only 11 fit outfield players.

On a serious note and back on topic, the Heff and Harris returning will make a big difference to our squad and give El Tel far more options.

hibbysam
18-12-2013, 11:38 AM
I think we have to have been the most unlucky side in scotland with injuries the past few years... Last year we couldn't get a settled back four with Clancy and mcpake out long term and hanlon and mcgivern out for bits of the season as well... Cairney started as one of our best players then was out long term.. Griffiths was our main man then was half fit for our biggest game of the season.. We then lose the one player with pace in our side on day 1 of this season and a striker who started to score goals for about 8 weeks as well.. Added to mcpake and Clancy still out and Nelson getting a bad one which kept him out for weeks as well.. I can't think of another club that have lost half of there starting XI all at the one time.

Brightside
18-12-2013, 11:44 AM
I think we have to have been the most unlucky side in scotland with injuries the past few years... Last year we couldn't get a settled back four with Clancy and mcpake out long term and hanlon and mcgivern out for bits of the season as well... Cairney started as one of our best players then was out long term.. Griffiths was our main man then was half fit for our biggest game of the season.. We then lose the one player with pace in our side on day 1 of this season and a striker who started to score goals for about 8 weeks as well.. Added to mcpake and Clancy still out and Nelson getting a bad one which kept him out for weeks as well.. I can't think of another club that have lost half of there starting XI all at the one time.

Harris not even close to kicking a ball yet. Lets give him plenty of time.

hibbysam
18-12-2013, 12:31 PM

I never said he was? I know this is the case and was going to reply saying the same thing... We need to stop putting pressure on the young lads and just let them develop!

oconnors_strip
18-12-2013, 12:49 PM

Harris isn't back to full training yet so hasn't been playing any under 20s games. He hopes to be back in full training on Monday

PatHead
18-12-2013, 12:50 PM
I never said he was? I know this is the case and was going to reply saying the same thing... We need to stop putting pressure on the young lads and just let them develop!

Not putting pressure on anyone. Mistakenly thought that as he had been back training he was getting match fit and wouldn't be far away from a first team recall.

When will he be back, and Heffernan and McPake? Anyone know?

--------
18-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Not putting pressure on anyone. Mistakenly thought that as he had been back training he was getting match fit and wouldn't be far away from a first team recall.

When will he be back, and Heffernan and McPake? Anyone know?

Heff was interviewed on Alba at HT in the Partick game and said he was expecting to be training in a fortnight or so and hoped to be back playing soon after. Depends on how the injury responds to the training.

Clancy has allegedly been there or thereabouts for weeks now.

I'm beginning to think that there's no such person as Tim Clancy, and if there isn't, who's gonnae bring me my presents on Christmas morning?

:boo hoo:

RoxburghHibs
18-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Heff was interviewed on Alba at HT in the Partick game and said he was expecting to be training in a fortnight or so and hoped to be back playing soon after. Depends on how the injury responds to the training.

I'm beginning to think that there's no such person as Tim Clancy, and if there isn't, who's gonnae bring me my presents on Christmas morning?

:boo hoo:

So the Killie game on the 29th is a possibility for the Heff's return to action!

Onion
19-12-2013, 03:32 PM
So the Killie game on the 29th is a possibility for the Heff's return to action!

Maybe earlier than that :thumbsup:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/-1-3239307?

Would be great to have him in the barrel when the Cheatin' Yams come first footing :greengrin

Brightside
19-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Maybe earlier than that :thumbsup:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/-1-3239307?

Would be great to have him in the barrel when the Cheatin' Yams come first footing :greengrin

Not a return from injury but David Gold is on his way back to club now his loan spell at QoS is complete. A very tidy player.

PercyHibs
19-12-2013, 03:53 PM

Harris is starting full training on Monday.

monktonharp
19-12-2013, 05:32 PM

:boo hoo:the mystical Tim Clancy, is a flight of fancy. there is no such thing as a Tim Clancy. forget having a right back, it's not been in our mettle, since John Brownlie got injured.

weonlywon6-2
19-12-2013, 05:48 PM

Read online today Heffernan hopes to be back for boxing day

Ronniekirk
19-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Read online today Heffernan hopes to be back for boxing day
Yes targeting Ross county for some game game but let's not put him in if not 100 % don't want him breaking down again ? But would like. To see him get some time against hearts as holds ball up well and will take some of these chances we are making at present .