PDA

View Full Version : Question Does Anyone Have Access To Old Football Kit/Equipment?

FranckSuzy
18-12-2013, 12:12 AM
Due to Leith Links involvement with the Multi Cultural Family Base (MCFB), it has come to my attention that some of the Black Minority Ethnic (BME) children who they help integrate into society through football (http://www.mcfb.org.uk/football.html) do not have even basic clothing or footwear. In fact, one child actually plays in his wellies! In order that they are not singled out even further, I thought I'd see if anyone in the Hibs family could assist or donate any children's gear that is no longer needed. It doesn't have to be a certain label/condition as it can't be any worse than what some of the kids have already.... Some of them actually only have the clothes they are wearing along to the sessions (which are provided free of charge. As is their return transport and a healthy snack) so any items would be gratefully received :agree:

Between Hibs.net and Leith Links, they have received 8 Kicks for Kids season tickets, which are very welcome indeed and today I had a meeting with the Project Leader and Leith Links' sponsor and he has very generously offered to pay for ALL of the children who attend the football classes to join the Hibs Kids :thumbsup:This will ensure that they get to go to at least 4 games every season, receive a birthday/Christmas card, can particpate in the various (and varied) activities that Hibs run and generally just become part of our diverse family.

Many thanks in advance :aok:

P.S. The MCFB are holding a bucket collection at ER on Saturday. Please give generously if you are able :greengrin GGTTH. #Hibeefamily
P.P.S. I've already received a PM offering 2 pairs of boots that a child has grown out of :thumbsup:Hibs class :agree:

monktonharp
18-12-2013, 12:33 AM
sterling stuff Suzy. keep up the good work.:aok:

FifeHibernian
18-12-2013, 02:59 AM
This is brilliant and good luck.

Pete
18-12-2013, 07:57 AM
What's the minimum and maximum age of the kids?

What's the minimum size of boot are you after roughly?

Do they play indoor, outdoor or on astroturf?

I only ask as I don't know if what I have will be of any use. Also, you can pick up loads of types of kids boots at sportsdirect for around a tenner...if anyone reading is feeling spontaneous and generous.

FranckSuzy
18-12-2013, 10:50 AM
What's the minimum and maximum age of the kids?

What's the minimum size of boot are you after roughly?

Do they play indoor, outdoor or on astrotur

I only ask as I don't know if what I have will be of any use. Also, you can pick up loads of types of kids boots at sportsdirect for around a tenner...if anyone reading is feeling spontaneous and generous.

Very relevant questions Peter. The ages are between 7 and 15ish and they play indoors currently but hope that the kids will move to mainstream clubs as they grow up. Re the boots, no idea but any kids sizes would be very welcome ;)

Just had an offer of strips which is amazing! Hibee family indeed..

Jay
18-12-2013, 11:35 AM
If they play indoors it will be Astros or trainers Suzy, can't wear studs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KdyHby
18-12-2013, 11:38 AM
If I make an extra payment via the KfK site, can it be ring fenced for this?

Sorry, via the LL site

ronaldo7
18-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Suzy, can you find out what size boots the laddie who wears the wellies needs. I'm sure santa can deliver a pair. Pm me the details

Jay
18-12-2013, 12:15 PM

Sorry, via the LL site

How about the eaststandstone paypal account Suzy? Easier for you to work out what's what. We've proved before that we can get a fantastic amount from the hibs fans. Maybe a shopping trip for the kids in the new year to kit them out?

green&left
18-12-2013, 04:20 PM
The Green Brigade (For all their downfalls) had an Anti-Discrimination 5-a-sides tournament in Glasgow (And do one annually I believe). Something like that could be good (For teens/adults)? At East Mains, Leith Acedemy, Spartans etc. Could get together 2 teams I reckon. Any monies raised go towards kit for the kids?

FranckSuzy
18-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Folks, thanks so much for all of the replies/suggestions. I'm at my other work just now so apologies for not replying individually ;) AFAIK, the kids play in a scout hall just now but will play on grass in the summer. I will find about the astroturf though.

Yes, Jill, the eaststandstone a/c is a good call. Will reply fully when I get in.

You've restored my faith in human nature guys!

FranckSuzy
18-12-2013, 10:06 PM

Sorry, via the LL site

Thank you so much I. You are a very generous person indeed :agree: :aok: Yes is the answer! :greengrin Please put MCFB or the likes in the notes field so I know. I have also set up a PayPal account specifically for this fundraiser hibeefamily@gmail.com if anyone would like to donate :thumbsup: Every single one of you who have offered help is the very definition of Hibs class IMHO :not worth

So far we have: 2 pairs of boots, 17 football shirts, 11 pairs of shorts, the offer to buy the wee boy who wears the wellies some boots/trainers :thumbsup: and the idea of a football tournament made up of Hibs.net posters to raise funds for the group. Wow. Absolutely brilliant effort :agree: Oh, and not forgetting the offer to enrol ALL of the children who attend the football sessions in the Hibs kids :thumbsup:Thanks so much everyone. I know Lorraine, the project leader, will be absolutely blown away by your generosity :aok:

FranckSuzy
18-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Suzy, can you find out what size boots the laddie who wears the wellies needs. I'm sure santa can deliver a pair. Pm me the details

R, what can I say? :not worth What a lovely gesture. I will get back to you ASAP when Lorraine replies. Hibs class, my friend :aok:

FranckSuzy
18-12-2013, 10:09 PM
The Green Brigade (For all their downfalls) had an Anti-Discrimination 5-a-sides tournament in Glasgow (And do one annually I believe). Something like that could be good (For teens/adults)? At East Mains, Leith Acedemy, Spartans etc. Could get together 2 teams I reckon. Any monies raised go towards kit for the kids?

Thank you very much for your suggestion Scott :aok: One of the other .net posters has also been in touch with a very similar idea so watch this space :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
18-12-2013, 10:11 PM
can we not just buy some new kit?

http://www.directsoccer.co.uk/football-kits-c1/kids-clothing-c6/sets-c19/stanno-stanno-fiorentina-ss-set-junior-p83

£6 for the green & white top & shorts sets here.....I stick in for a couple of these?

Edit...oopps just seen other posts...yes a fundraiser tourney to fund would be good too

FranckSuzy
18-12-2013, 10:20 PM
can we not just buy some new kit?

http://www.directsoccer.co.uk/football-kits-c1/kids-clothing-c6/sets-c19/stanno-stanno-fiorentina-ss-set-junior-p83

£6 for the green & white top & shorts sets here.....I stick in for a couple of these?

Edit...oopps just seen other posts...yes a fundraiser tourney to fund would be good too

Thanks J :aok: I'm going to see what Lorraine comes back with and hopefully we can direct any help towards the items they desperately need. Amazing effort so far :thumbsup:

Hibby Bairn
18-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Thank you very much for your suggestion Scott :aok: One of the other .net posters has also been in touch with a very similar idea so watch this space :thumbsup:

Suzy - I can help on this by bringing the pitch arena to Leith and we can get some tunes going.....make a real event of it for the kids.

PM me and we can then have a proper chat.

Jay
18-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Right! :) I've spoken to Suzy and we think it's best to use a different account for donations towards football kit for the kids. Leith Links is really a stand alone thing for KFK tickets for lots of places, that's the remit for donations and D/Ds and the money from that goes directly back to the club.

Anybody who wants to donate towards kit for kids who use the multicultural family base please don't use the Leith Links page, Suzy could you post up a link for the account please. :)

Leith Links won't be buying half seasons but will continue to raise funds for more season tickets for next season, it's a great initiative and one that's really appreciated by the kids. To be fair no more were going to be bought until next season anyway, it was only when Suzy realised that more would definitely be used that it was decided another two would be worthwhile.

We are also thinking of adding hibs kids memberships to the Leith Links part of things, money still goes to the club. We need to find out more about how we could do this for the kids who use the KFKs tickets. Data protection etc may be an issue but I'm sure it can be worked out. Watch this space :)

FranckSuzy
18-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Right! :) I've spoken to Suzy and we think it's best to use a different account for donations towards football kit for the kids. Leith Links is really a stand alone thing for KFK tickets for lots of places, that's the remit for donations and D/Ds and the money from that goes directly back to the club.

Anybody who wants to donate towards kit for kids who use the multicultural family base please don't use the Leith Links page, Suzy could you post up a link for the account please. :)

Leith Links won't be buying half seasons but will continue to raise funds for more season tickets for next season, it's a great initiative and one that's really appreciated by the kids. To be fair no more were going to be bought until next season anyway, it was only when Suzy realised that more would definitely be used that it was decided another two would be worthwhile.

We are also thinking of adding hibs kids memberships to the Leith Links part of things, money still goes to the club. We need to find out more about how we could do this for the kids who use the KFKs tickets. Data protection etc may be an issue but I'm sure it can be worked out. Watch this space :)

Thanks Jill :aok: The PayPal a/c for donations towards the football inclusion fund for MCFB is hibeefamily@gmail.com. If anyone wants to contribute to Kicks for Kids tickets via Leith Links or for Hibs Kids memberships (for those children receiving KfK tickets) the PayPal a/c is leithlinks@live.co.uk. Many thanks to you all for the tremendous generosity shown to the children. It's extremely heartwarming :agree: :thumbsup:

P.S If you are able to offer items/services etc, instead of hard cash :greengrin, then that is equally as welcome and will be much appreciated by the MCFB :aok: I will advise of their 'wish list' when I get it. GGTTH. #Hibeefamily

FranckSuzy
18-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Suzy - I can help on this by bringing the pitch arena to Leith and we can get some tunes going.....make a real event of it for the kids.

PM me and we can then have a proper chat.

Superb :thumbsup: I will be in touch when we have some definite plans in place. Thanks very much, I really appreciate your offer :aok:

FranckSuzy
18-12-2013, 11:51 PM

:idea: That is a GREAT name for our initiative, Kits for Kids :thumbsup: GGTTH.

Jay
18-12-2013, 11:54 PM
:idea: That is a GREAT name for our initiative, Kits for Kids :thumbsup: GGTTH.

That's the name the Daily Record uses for their token giveaway thingy. That's something the MCFB should look at doing next year.

FranckSuzy
19-12-2013, 10:43 PM
That's the name the Daily Record uses for their token giveaway thingy. That's something the MCFB should look at doing next year.

Boo! :greengrin OK, what about Kits for Hibs Kids? :wink:

Update: Lorraine at MCFB is absolutely blown away by the level of support for the MCFB's fundraising .:not worth It's been going for less than a year and they've had up to 80 kids a week at the sessions they provide free of charge so it's a real success story:agree: . The great thing about it is that no child is turned away as, when they first started, some of the wee local 'scally's' :greengrin watched through the fence and eventually, one day, plucked up the courage to ask "Mrs, is it OK if we play too?" :thumbsup:

Re the kind offers made by the Hibs family, Lorraine is in the process of 1) composing a thank you letter for me to post here and 2) a list of the items most needed in the short-term. She has also mentioned that her idea regarding footwear is to have a bag of trainers/boots for any of the children to use at a session. That way, no matter what they turn up wearing on their feet, they will have proper footwear for playing football and they can then be used by other children at the next session and so on:aok:

FranckSuzy
19-12-2013, 10:48 PM
£70 received already :thumbsup: Oh, and an offer of assistance from a PE student who is keen to help the MCFB out :not worth

KdyHby
20-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Suzy, PM sent

ronaldo7
20-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Suzy,

PM Sent

FranckSuzy
20-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Suzy, PM sent

Message left :wink:

FranckSuzy
20-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Suzy,

PM Sent

Replied :greengrin

ronaldo7
20-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Replied :greengrin

I'll await the next one then:greengrin

FranckSuzy
20-12-2013, 11:22 AM
I'll await the next one then:greengrin

:tee hee: She is away to find out and will get back to me :aok: :not worth

HibbyRod
20-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Hi Suzy,

PM sent.

FranckSuzy
20-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Hi Suzy,

PM sent.

Reply sent :greengrin

Offers of gloves now too, along with the strips, boots, trainers, cash donations and assistance. Hibee family indeed :thumbsup: :not worth Just waiting on permission for somewhere that people can drop off the items they wish to donate and I can then deliver them to the MCFB. Thank you so much :aok:

FranckSuzy
20-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Watch out for an article in the Edinburgh Reporter about the MCFB and the amazing Hibee family :thumbsup: :not worth

FranckSuzy
20-12-2013, 07:11 PM
That's another pair of brand new football boots that have been donated and more goalie gloves :thumbsup: Hibs class :agree: #Hibeefamily

FranckSuzy
21-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks to a fellow Hibby, this (http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2013/12/generous-hibs-fans-donate-football-equipment-to-disadvantaged-children/) was published today :thumbsup: GGTTH.

FranckSuzy
21-12-2013, 10:33 PM
£100 now donated for the MCFB and the offer of some goal-keeping coaching :thumbsup: I hope their bucket collection at ER today raised a fair bit too. GGTTH.

Jonnyboy
21-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Thanks to a fellow Hibby, this (http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2013/12/generous-hibs-fans-donate-football-equipment-to-disadvantaged-children/) was published today :thumbsup: GGTTH.

Fantastic stuff Suzy :thumbsup:

Galahibby
22-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Great idea. I have a couple of pairs of boots in the attic you can have, and there will be a ball and shin guards as well if they're any use? M&M direct sale started yesterday and they have quite a lot of kids football stuff going cheap.

FranckSuzy
22-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Great idea. I have a couple of pairs of boots in the attic you can have, and there will be a ball and shin guards as well if they're any use? M&M direct sale started yesterday and they have quite a lot of kids football stuff going cheap.

Thanks very much :aok: I'm hoping to hear of a drop off point ASAP so I can collect the items that have been donated and take them down to MCFB. I'll pass on the info about the sale. Cheers. GGTTH

£120 now raised and by the sounds of it, enough kit pledged to kit out all the children who go to the sessions :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
23-12-2013, 01:30 AM
Folks, the Hibs Club have kindly agreed to be a drop-off point for the items being donated to the MCFB appeal :thumbsup: The only things they ask are:

1) The items are clearly marked MCFB or the like
2) They are placed in a bag/box (I'm sure a bin bag will suffice :wink:)
3) They are NOT handed in on matchdays as the staff/club will be busy and Sun - Thurs only please

*I think it would be easiest all round if we left this until after the derby as the children will not be playing football over the festive period anyway* :agree:

**The Hibs Club opening hours on non-match days are: Mon-Sat: 4pm - midnight and Sun: 2pm - midnight**

***If anyone is unable to get to the Hibs Club on non-match days, please PM me and alternative arrangements can be made*** :aok:

Many thanks for all of your support so far. GGTTH :not worth

FranckSuzy
23-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Lorraine from MCFB has advised that Saturday's bucket collection raised £600 so thanks to everyone who donated. Hibs also gave them some tickets for the game so in all, along with with their KfK tickets, they were able to take 17 children to the game. Oh, and the kids learned to sing "oooh to be" too :greengrin Lorraine also says that quite a few people offered them strips etc which is much appreciated by them all.

Donations can also be handed in to MCFB, 50 Coburg Street, as well as the Hibs Club, during office hours, Mon-Fri :aok: Hopefully these arrangements will suit most people but if not, just let me know. GGTTH.

Danderhall Hibs
23-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Well done guys!

I'm sure I've got a pair of size 10 mouldies in the attic - will have a look soon.

ronaldo7
23-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Hi Suzy, any word on the size of boots for the laddie yet? Been out the loop in the last few days.

FranckSuzy
23-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Hi Suzy, any word on the size of boots for the laddie yet? Been out the loop in the last few days.

Not yet Ronnie, sorry. Lorraine said she'd get back to me ASAP but she's rushed off her feet. I'll ask again and let you know though :aok: Thanks again for the kind offer.

FranckSuzy
30-12-2013, 01:02 PM
£130 now raised and many thanks to the very generous poster who gave me a donation for the MCFB yesterday :not worth FYI - I'm hoping to start collecting the donated items as of next week. GGTTH. #Hibeefamily

FranckSuzy
06-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Hi again everyone. The Hibs Club are now able to accept donations of any old kit/equipment but please note the arrangements in bold below. If this is not convenient, please PM me and I will arrange collection OR you can drop things off at MCFB, 50 Coburg Street, EH6 6HE, during office hours. Many thanks again for all of your support and kind offers of assistance :aok: GGTTH. #Hibeefamily

Folks, the Hibs Club have kindly agreed to be a drop-off point for the items being donated to the MCFB appeal :thumbsup: The only things they ask are:

1) The items are clearly marked MCFB or the like
2) They are placed in a bag/box (I'm sure a bin bag will suffice :wink:)
3) They are NOT handed in on matchdays as the staff/club will be busy and Sun - Thurs only please

*I think it would be easiest all round if we left this until after the derby as the children will not be playing football over the festive period anyway* :agree:

**The Hibs Club opening hours on non-match days are: Mon-Sat: 4pm - midnight and Sun: 2pm - midnight**

***If anyone is unable to get to the Hibs Club on non-match days, please PM me and alternative arrangements can be made*** :aok:

Many thanks for all of your support so far. GGTTH :not worth

£130 now raised and many thanks to the very generous poster who gave me a donation for the MCFB yesterday :not worth FYI - I'm hoping to start collecting the donated items as of next week. GGTTH. #Hibeefamily

ronaldo7
06-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Boot size:I'm waiti:greengrin

FranckSuzy
06-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Boot size:I'm waiti:greengrin

No word yet :boo hoo: Will ask again though :agree: :aok:

persevere1875
07-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Believe I might have a couple of full team kits and think at least one of them is green and white errea kit from my days of coaching youth football, your more than welcome to them if you can get me an address to send them too, will also chase round our lads and see how many are still holding onto their old boots, if I know my lads most of them will have only seen one season at best

ronaldo7
07-01-2014, 03:56 PM
No word yet :boo hoo: Will ask again though :agree: :aok:

Jeezo, I thought these wummin could multi task too:duck:

FranckSuzy
07-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Believe I might have a couple of full team kits and think at least one of them is green and white errea kit from my days of coaching youth football, your more than welcome to them if you can get me an address to send them too, will also chase round our lads and see how many are still holding onto their old boots, if I know my lads most of them will have only seen one season at best

That would be great! Thanks very much :thumbsup: You can drop them off at the Hibs Club or MCFB, 50 Coburg Street, EH6 6HE. The boots would be great too :agree: :aok:

Jeezo, I thought these wummin could multi task too:duck:

:halowitch: :greengrin
"I have a response :wink: "Regarding the trainers for the child with the wellie's - I have asked one of the students to visit his mum to get the size. As the child in question has a brother and sister who also come to the project and they play in school shoes, so we thought if the supporter agrees he could buy a pair of indoor trainers from sports soccer, according to the students they are between £20 and £25 pounds and we will buy the other two the same type of trainers and this will make them all the same. Let me know what you think about this suggestion." How's that? :greengrin Hopefully the £130 collected can help too :agree: :aok:

ronaldo7
07-01-2014, 09:42 PM
That would be great! Thanks very much :thumbsup: You can drop them off at the Hibs Club or MCFB, 50 Coburg Street, EH6 6HE. The boots would be great too :agree: :aok:

"I have a response :wink: "Regarding the trainers for the child with the wellie's - I have asked one of the students to visit his mum to get the size. As the child in question has a brother and sister who also come to the project and they play in school shoes, so we thought if the supporter agrees he could buy a pair of indoor trainers from sports soccer, according to the students they are between £20 and £25 pounds and we will buy the other two the same type of trainers and this will make them all the same. Let me know what you think about this suggestion." How's that? :greengrin Hopefully the £130 collected can help too :agree: :aok:

I will get the three of them trainers. Just give me the bloody sizes:wink:

FranckSuzy
07-01-2014, 09:56 PM

£180 now raised :thumbsup: :not worth

FranckSuzy
07-01-2014, 09:57 PM
I will get the three of them trainers. Just give me the bloody sizes:wink:

Really? Wow! :not worth I will give you them ASAP :agree:...when Lorraine gets back to me :wink: :greengrin Thanks Ronnie, you are a star :thumbsup:

persevere1875
08-01-2014, 01:16 PM

Slight problem there, Im 500 odd miles away and wont be back up until the Ross game on the 15th of Feb, I can bring them up then if you want but am I right in thinking they wont accept them on match days ? Otherwise will i just post to the Coburg St address ?

FranckSuzy
08-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Slight problem there, Im 500 odd miles away and wont be back up until the Ross game on the 15th of Feb, I can bring them up then if you want but am I right in thinking they wont accept them on match days ? Otherwise will i just post to the Coburg St address ?

No problem at all. If it's OK to post them then that's great. If not, happy to meet you to collect. Yes, it's the Coburg Street address and yes, the Hibs Club would prefer not to receive the items on match days. Thanks again, it's much appreciated. GGTTH

FranckSuzy
08-01-2014, 09:52 PM
I received this lovely email from Lorraine at MCFB today which she asked me to share with you :aok:

"Happy New Year,
I want to start by saying and a big thank you to all the Hibs supporters who have very kindly given their support to the football project. The children are enjoying the matches and it is amazing how quickly they have learnt the ‘rituals’ they just love it when everyone shouts at the referee and they are joining in now with the shouting and singing (I tell them to follow what the other supporters are doing but no swearing!!!). We have our rota worked out until Easter. and I will continue to make sure that all the children get a chance to go to a match (not that this is hard as they are usually harassing me about who is going to the next match which is great). I spoke to Susan about the extra two tickets and I am going to try to encourage a parent to come to each match with us as that will help them to learn a bit more about football and hopefully in the future they will go with their children.
The donations of strips and trainers/boots and other gloves etc is greatly welcomed as it helps the children to a sense of belonging and they feel the same as their school friends who have strips. I will send you some photos of the children in their strips and trainers over the next couple of weeks.
Susan has collected some money from you generous supporters and we will meet to discuss how best to use the money – we will keep you posted.
Also thank you to the Hibs supporters club for agreeing to be a collection point. Susan has posted a message about dropping of the strips and just to confirm they can also be dropped of at my office at 50 Coburg Street, Leith or if you have strips but can’t get them to us please give me a ring on 0131 467 7052 and I will arrange for someone to collect them.
I also want to say a special thank you to Susan who has worked so hard to promote the project and help us to find ways to support the children. You are a lucky bunch of supporters to have such a kind, caring and committed person involved with Kicks for Kids and Hibs net. Susan, we appreciate all you are doing on our behalf – thank you.
Regards
Lorraine"

The bit in bold wasn't typed by me, honest! :wink: :greengrin GGTTH #Hibeefamily #forthekids

Jonnyboy
08-01-2014, 09:54 PM
I received this lovely email from Lorraine at MCFB today which she asked me to share with you :aok:

"Happy New Year,
I want to start by saying and a big thank you to all the Hibs supporters who have very kindly given their support to the football project. The children are enjoying the matches and it is amazing how quickly they have learnt the ‘rituals’ they just love it when everyone shouts at the referee and they are joining in now with the shouting and singing (I tell them to follow what the other supporters are doing but no swearing!!!). We have our rota worked out until Easter. and I will continue to make sure that all the children get a chance to go to a match (not that this is hard as they are usually harassing me about who is going to the next match which is great). I spoke to Susan about the extra two tickets and I am going to try to encourage a parent to come to each match with us as that will help them to learn a bit more about football and hopefully in the future they will go with their children.
The donations of strips and trainers/boots and other gloves etc is greatly welcomed as it helps the children to a sense of belonging and they feel the same as their school friends who have strips. I will send you some photos of the children in their strips and trainers over the next couple of weeks.
Susan has collected some money from you generous supporters and we will meet to discuss how best to use the money – we will keep you posted.
Also thank you to the Hibs supporters club for agreeing to be a collection point. Susan has posted a message about dropping of the strips and just to confirm they can also be dropped of at my office at 50 Coburg Street, Leith or if you have strips but can’t get them to us please give me a ring on 0131 467 7052 and I will arrange for someone to collect them.
I also want to say a special thank you to Susan who has worked so hard to promote the project and help us to find ways to support the children. You are a lucky bunch of supporters to have such a kind, caring and committed person involved with Kicks for Kids and Hibs net. Susan, we appreciate all you are doing on our behalf – thank you.
Regards
Lorraine"

The bit in bold wasn't typed by me, honest! :wink: :greengrin GGTTH #Hibeefamily #forthekids

Maybe not but it's spot on :aok:

Sherlock Jones
08-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Fab! Gaun yersel Suzy :thumbsup: Great work.

FranckSuzy
08-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Maybe not but it's spot on :aok:

Fab! Gaun yersel Suzy :thumbsup: Great work.

Cheers guys :thumbsup: Us Hibees are not such a bad lot, eh? :agree: :top marks

FranckSuzy
09-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Guys, I've been advised that there was a slight issue when a poster tried to drop off kit for MCFB at the Hibs Club the other day. I have advised the club so hopefully this was a one-off hitch. To assist in the collection of donations, please be advised of the following:

1) The items should be clearly marked MCFB or the like
2) Please place them in a bag/box (I'm sure a bin bag will suffice :wink:)
3) Please do NOT hand them in on *matchdays as the staff/club will be busy so Sun - Thurs only please *if a match falls between Sun & Thurs, alternative arrangements will be made

***If anyone is unable to get to the Hibs Club at the times above or MCFB (50 Coburg Street, EH6 6HE) during office hours, please PM me and alternative arrangements can be made*** :aok:

GGTTH #Hibeefamily

FranckSuzy
10-01-2014, 06:08 PM

PM sent :wink: :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
10-01-2014, 11:49 PM
First donation picked up tonight from the Hibs Club and another promised in the queue for the bar :thumbsup:

ronaldo7
11-01-2014, 10:18 AM
PM sent :wink: :thumbsup:

Good stuff, I will drop them off this week.

FranckSuzy
13-01-2014, 06:48 PM
I met with Lorraine from MCFB today to hand over some kit that was donated and once more, she would like to pass on her thanks for all of the offers of help and kit from the Hibee family. Also, she advised that the children who went along to the derby had a fantastic night and the volunteers said they could really see them feeling like they were included and that they 'belonged' :thumbsup:

*Staff and volunteers from MCFB will be outside the FF hospitality entrance this Saturday, between 2-3pm, to collect any items people would like to donate. Hopefully this will suit everyone and especially those who are unable to get to their office or the Hibs Club during the week. They will have MCFB t-shirts or the like on so you can easily identify them*

Thanks again for your support :not worth GGTTH #Hibeefamily

FranckSuzy
13-01-2014, 09:30 PM
FYI - Lorraine has had the idea of ringfencing the £180 kindly donated by .netters for an Easter Camp. She would like it to go towards a specific activity and will then be able to forward photos of it and ask the children to write/draw a thank you for everyone to see :aok: GGTTH.

FranckSuzy
15-01-2014, 10:40 PM
The Hibee family certainly works in mysterious ways :agree: :greengrin Two bags, which were full of boots and trainers, appeared in my work today from someone who'd heard about the appeal for kit. Great stuff :aok:

Ronniekirk
15-01-2014, 10:51 PM
The Hibee family certainly works in mysterious ways :agree: :greengrin Two bags, which were full of boots and trainers, appeared in my work today from someone who'd heard about the appeal for kit. Great stuff :aok:
Can't take the credit but was it Ronaldo ? Easter Camp is great idea Nice to see kids being allowed to be kids and get involved in stuff like getting healthy active involved included instead of Marginalised .always happy to support this worth while cause and once I have finished reading Crime by Irvine Welsh happy to return it and let the lower bidder take it back off your hands for 50 quid if they are still interested

FranckSuzy
15-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Can't take the credit but was it Ronaldo ? Easter Camp is great idea Nice to see kids being allowed to be kids and get involved in stuff like getting healthy active involved included instead of Marginalised .always happy to support this worth while cause and once I have finished reading Crime by Irvine Welsh happy to return it and let the lower bidder take it back off your hands for 50 quid if they are still interested

Nah, it'll have been one of the guys at work who I've bored rigid about my fundraising efforts :greengrin but it just goes to show how generous people are :agree: That's a very kind offer Ronnie :aok:

ronaldo7
16-01-2014, 08:10 AM

Not me mate. Mine were delivered last night to the hoose and will be going down today.:aok:

Well done to the bag man/wummin:greengrin

FranckSuzy
16-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Not me mate. Mine were delivered last night to the hoose and will be going down today.:aok:

Well done to the bag man/wummin:greengrin

:thumbsup: Thanks again R, that really is Hibs Class :agree:

ronaldo7
17-01-2014, 10:51 AM
:thumbsup: Thanks again R, that really is Hibs Class :agree:

Delivery completed.:scarf:

FranckSuzy
17-01-2014, 10:56 AM
Delivery completed.:scarf:

Superb! You're a star.

FranckSuzy
18-01-2014, 10:38 AM
I met with Lorraine from MCFB today to hand over some kit that was donated and once more, she would like to pass on her thanks for all of the offers of help and kit from the Hibee family. Also, she advised that the children who went along to the derby had a fantastic night and the volunteers said they could really see them feeling like they were included and that they 'belonged' :thumbsup:

*Staff and volunteers from MCFB will be outside the FF hospitality entrance this Saturday, between 2-3pm, to collect any items people would like to donate. Hopefully this will suit everyone and especially those who are unable to get to their office or the Hibs Club during the week. They will have MCFB t-shirts or the like on so you can easily identify them*

Thanks again for your support :not worth GGTTH #Hibeefamily

Just a wee reminder in case anyone has been up early this morning, cleaning out their garage/loft/spare room/shed etc and stumbled upon some footie kit no longer required :wink: :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
18-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Thank you so much to everyone who brought down football kit to Easter Road today. The MCFB were overwhelmed and overloaded with donations, so much so that they had left by the time I got there with my 2 bags of boots :tee hee: Also, the kids seemingly had an impromptu kick about while they were waiting, much to the delight of the passing crowd :greengrin I had the pleasure of meeting 4 of the children after the game and they could not have been more grateful and happy that they can play and watch football. Once again the Hibee family has not been found wanting so :top marks to everyone who has helped them out :not worth GGTTH

Jonnyboy
18-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Thank you so much to everyone who brought down football kit to Easter Road today. The MCFB were overwhelmed and overloaded with donations, so much so that they had left by the time I got there with my 2 bags of boots :tee hee: Also, the kids seemingly had an impromptu kick about while they were waiting, much to the delight of the passing crowd :greengrin I had the pleasure of meeting 4 of the children after the game and they could not have been more grateful and happy that they can play and watch football. Once again the Hibee family has not been found wanting so :top marks to everyone who has helped them out :not worth GGTTH

Good work once again Suzy :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
18-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Good work once again Suzy :thumbsup:

Cheers JB :aok: It was lovely to meet some of the kids today and to see what it means to them :agree: Tonight, another kind Hibby dropped 2 bags full of football kit down at the MCFB office so Lorraine has just been down to collect it. Of course, not forgetting a certain Mr Ronaldo who very kindly bought 3 pairs of trainers for the wee boy in the wellies and his siblings :wink: Great effort from everyone.

Jonnyboy
18-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Cheers JB :aok: It was lovely to meet some of the kids today and to see what it means to them :agree: Tonight, another kind Hibby dropped 2 bags full of football kit down at the MCFB office so Lorraine has just been down to collect it. Of course, not forgetting a certain Mr Ronaldo who very kindly bought 3 pairs of trainers for the wee boy in the wellies and his siblings :wink: Great effort from everyone.

You should have hung about at the players entrance after the game and you could have had six or seven more kits that had been hardly used :agree:

FranckSuzy
18-01-2014, 08:55 PM
You should have hung about at the players entrance after the game and you could have had six or seven more kits that had been hardly used :agree:

:tee hee: Yes, sadly you are right.....:rolleyes:

FranckSuzy
19-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Lorraine has just sent me an email, detailing all of the donations received so far from the Hibee family. It is absolutely astounding :thumbsup:

"Hi Susan,

What a great response including the bag you brought down to the office Hibs fans have donated...... wait for it:

36 football tops which includes brand new Manchester City FC tops, complete Hibs strips, Barcelona and Inter Milan strips.

2 Goalkeepers Tops

16 pairs shorts

24 pairs socks

5 track suit tops

1 track suit bottoms

6 pairs jogging bottoms

8 pairs football boots

7 pairs trainers

2 training bibs

1 hat

We also have the 3 pairs trainers + scarves

£192 in donations

One ball which two very kind ladies bought as the boys were playing football with a can while I collected donations.

I know you will but please give my heartfelt thanks to the supporters, they are truly amazing!!!"
:not worth :top marks:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
19-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Lorraine has just sent me an email, detailing all of the donations received so far from the Hibee family. It is absolutely astounding :thumbsup:

"Hi Susan,

What a great response including the bag you brought down to the office Hibs fans have donated...... wait for it:

36 football tops which includes brand new Manchester City FC tops, complete Hibs strips, Barcelona and Inter Milan strips.

2 Goalkeepers Tops

16 pairs shorts

24 pairs socks

5 track suit tops

1 track suit bottoms

6 pairs jogging bottoms

8 pairs football boots

7 pairs trainers

2 training bibs

1 hat

£192 in donations

One ball which two very kind ladies bought as the boys were playing football with a can while I collected donations.

I know you will but please give my heartfelt thanks to the supporters, they are truly amazing!!!"

Stunning. Nice to know that despite fall out's on here we can come together for things like this

FranckSuzy
19-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Stunning. Nice to know that despite fall out's on here we can come together for things like this

:agree: :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
22-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Excellent article (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140122/scoring-a-goal-for-inclusion_2262950_3633084) on the fishy site about MCFB and the Hibee family :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
22-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Excellent article (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140122/scoring-a-goal-for-inclusion_2262950_3633084) on the fishy site about MCFB and the Hibee family :thumbsup:

Indeed and very well written as always :agree:

ronaldo7
22-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Good article:aok:

Pretty Boy
22-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Just hope whoever gets my Climafit Adidas top has better luck squeezing into it than I did!

FranckSuzy
22-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Indeed and very well written as always :agree:

:agree: :thumbsup:

Good article:aok:

:agree: We've some pretty special supporters too :wink:

Just hope whoever gets my Climafit Adidas top has better luck squeezing into it than I did!

:tee hee: Thanks very much for the donation :thumbsup: They are up for a wee bit coaching whenever you're free on a Tuesday evening too, S :aok:

Ronniekirk
23-01-2014, 10:55 PM

"Hi Susan,

2 Goalkeepers Tops

16 pairs shorts

24 pairs socks

5 track suit tops

1 track suit bottoms

6 pairs jogging bottoms

8 pairs football boots

7 pairs trainers

2 training bibs

1 hat

£192 in donations

Just clocked the bit about playing football with a can .i have a signed Hibs ball in the loft somewhere from Kevin Harpers time at hibs if it is still there and I can pump it up and it's fine will bring that when return that book which I still haven't read yet .i don't mind kids being resourceful but Geeze oh .

FranckSuzy
23-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Just clocked the bit about playing football with a can .i have a signed Hibs ball in the loft somewhere from Kevin Harpers time at hibs if it is still there and I can pump it up and it's fine will bring that when return that book which I still haven't read yet .i don't mind kids being resourceful but Geeze oh .

It was slightly misrepresented as they were mucking about outside ER on Saturday with a can while the MCFB were collecting the donations of kit. They do have footballs :agree: :greengrin Thanks anyway :aok:

Hibbibri
19-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Suzy, a bit late I know but I've got some gear for the kids courtesy of the Dads from my laddies Bo'ness United U15's team who rallied to the cause :flag:
All brand new:- :thumbsup:

6 x green Nike dri fit football tops size boys M (age 10-12)
5 x blue Nike dri fit football tops size boys M (age 10-12)
5 x burgundy :wink: Nike dri fit football tops size boys XL (age 13-15)
1 x blue Nike dri fit football tops size boys XL (age 13-15)

4 x grey training sweat tops (aged 6)
4 x grey training sweat tops (aged 8)
4 x grey training sweat tops (aged 10)

Also a mixed bag of used but good nick footy gear

I can bring them to the Arabs game on the 28th (Friday night) if someone can collect from me in the family corner

Kaff
19-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Suzy, a bit late I know but I've got some gear for the kids courtesy of the Dads from my laddies Bo'ness United U15's team who rallied to the cause :flag:

I can bring them to the Arabs game on the 28th (Friday night) if someone can collect from me in the family corner

Great stuff from the you and the young lads, deserve big congratulations for that

wookie70
19-02-2014, 06:33 PM
I saw this on Gumtree. No idea if it is a con or not but might be worth a reply http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/get-a-free-sports-outfit-or-resources-for-your-youth-or-adult-team/1049253857

FranckSuzy
19-02-2014, 11:30 PM

Wow, thanks very much :thumbsup: Great effort :agree: I will advise Lorraine from MCFB and get back to you. Someone is going on her hols to Egypt so won't be at the game :whistle:
:greengrinOh, do you mean in BTG or the FF stand? Sorry, a bit dim :wink: I could ask them to meet you outside the shop or something too, if that helps? Lorraine will be with 7 kids under 10 at the game so they may need some controlling :wink: :aok:

FranckSuzy
19-02-2014, 11:32 PM
I saw this on Gumtree. No idea if it is a con or not but might be worth a reply http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/get-a-free-sports-outfit-or-resources-for-your-youth-or-adult-team/1049253857

Thank you, I will pass it on to Lorraine :aok:

FranckSuzy
19-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Great stuff from the you and the young lads, deserve big congratulations for that

Absolutely :agree: :top marks