PDA

View Full Version : NHC The Noisiest Fans in the World?

Sylar
17-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Are the self proclaimed GFITW also the noisiest? I'm amazed that 7 of them can recreate the noise of the an entire stadium on their own!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-25418578

It's a start I suppose...

weonlywon6-2
18-12-2013, 06:35 AM
[QUOTE=The Story So Far...;3838985]Are the self proclaimed GFITW also the noisiest? I'm amazed that 7 of them can recreate the noise of the an entire stadium on their own!

It's a start I suppose...[/Q

Good,about time.Most of them wont even understand what they are singing about

Ringothedog
18-12-2013, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=The Story So Far...;3838985]Are the self proclaimed GFITW also the noisiest? I'm amazed that 7 of them can recreate the noise of the an entire stadium on their own!

It's a start I suppose...[/Q

Good,about time.Most of them wont even understand what they are singing about

I would have to beg to difer. The scary thing for me is that they do KNOW what they are singing about

green&left
18-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Waste of tax payers money when it'll be laughed out of court like other daft trials for singing the same song.

Granted it shouldn't be sung at a football match in Scotland but to go to court and potentially get a criminal record for it..? There's no mention of the IRA/PIRA I don't think? Granted it mentions the names of the hunger strikers but then again you've got the likes of Ray McCreesh who has a public park named in honour of him in Ulster, Bobby Sands who even Nelson Mandela, a person who the whole of Britain paid tribute to last week was heavily influenced by.

Most of it just comes down to being uneducated. For those singing it at a fitba game, for those singing it not really knowing anything about it, for the authorities, for the public who think any Irish sing is a tribute to the provo's. There was Hibbys screaming 'IRA supporting *******s' when they were playing Let the people sing at Celtic Park on Saturday :-/

Diclonius
18-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Points deductions are the only thing that will stop this. Sadly, the authorities don't have the will/balls to enforce it.

Hibercelona
18-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Points deductions are the only thing that will stop this. Sadly, the authorities don't have the will/balls to enforce it.

Why wouldn't they have the balls to enforce it? What exactly do they have to be afraid of? :confused:

I've always been under the impression that a lot of authority figures in this country are simply bile filled bigots themselves who have no interest in changing it.

The Green Goblin
19-12-2013, 09:31 AM
They measured the noise at Camp Nou a few years back in a game vs Real Madrid with proper scientific equipment and discovered that when everyone does that whistling thing when something happens that they don't like, the noise level was louder than a 747 jet plane's engines at full blast.

Pretty Boy
19-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Is there anything offensive or sectarian in the lyrics to the Roll of Honour?

It's a song that doesn't belong in a Scottish football stadium but i fail to see what parts of the song would be likely to cause disorder.

JeMeSouviens
19-12-2013, 10:12 AM

It's a song that doesn't belong in a Scottish football stadium but i fail to see what parts of the song would be likely to cause disorder.

:agree: If they can sing it en masse at Ibrox without disorder, it's hardly going to cause a riot at a home game vs Ross County. :rolleyes:

The whole militant republican Celtc thing is pretty risible, but the new legislation is a total farce. Its entire purpose seems to be to find an excuse to "even things up" so they can arrest as many Celtc fans as they already do Huns under the previous anti-bigotry law.

Sylar
19-12-2013, 06:13 PM
They measured the noise at Camp Nou a few years back in a game vs Real Madrid with proper scientific equipment and discovered that when everyone does that whistling thing when something happens that they don't like, the noise level was louder than a 747 jet plane's engines at full blast.

This lot take some beating:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25205548

Pete
19-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Waste of tax payers money when it'll be laughed out of court like other daft trials for singing the same song.

Granted it shouldn't be sung at a football match in Scotland but to go to court and potentially get a criminal record for it..? There's no mention of the IRA/PIRA I don't think? Granted it mentions the names of the hunger strikers but then again you've got the likes of Ray McCreesh who has a public park named in honour of him in Ulster, Bobby Sands who even Nelson Mandela, a person who the whole of Britain paid tribute to last week was heavily influenced by.

Most of it just comes down to being uneducated. For those singing it at a fitba game, for those singing it not really knowing anything about it, for the authorities, for the public who think any Irish sing is a tribute to the provo's. There was Hibbys screaming 'IRA supporting *******s' when they were playing Let the people sing at Celtic Park on Saturday :-/

Let's not fart about...you can dissect it any way you like but everyone knows why they sing that song. It's just part of this tit-for-tat wind up between a group of loyalists and a group of republicans.

Celtic fans use the defence that it's political but it mentions members of the PIRA. People can argue the toss about the specifics but that will upset a lot of people. How would anyone feel if they knew someone who died during the troubles, protestant or catholic? How would anyone feel if they were in the British army and knew someone who was killed or injured?

Maybe causing disorder is incorrect wording but these songs, on both sides, contain enough content to cause offence to a lot of people. People are free to hold certain beliefs but football should not be some sort of focal point.

It's an unabashed "catch-all" and it's about time.

Jonny1875
20-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Let's not fart about...you can dissect it any way you like but everyone knows why they sing that song. It's just part of this tit-for-tat wind up between a group of loyalists and a group of republicans.

Celtic fans use the defence that it's political but it mentions members of the PIRA. People can argue the toss about the specifics but that will upset a lot of people. How would anyone feel if they knew someone who died during the troubles, protestant or catholic? How would anyone feel if they were in the British army and knew someone who was killed or injured?

Maybe causing disorder is incorrect wording but these songs, on both sides, contain enough content to cause offence to a lot of people. People are free to hold certain beliefs but football should not be some sort of focal point.

It's an unabashed "catch-all" and it's about time.
Plenty of bars in, gaa clubs etc in Belfast/Ireland it can be sung in not at the football, ****ing joke

mikewynne
21-12-2013, 05:49 AM

Well said, couldn't agree more.

DAVE1875
21-12-2013, 12:56 PM
This lot take some beating:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25205548

Think we managed that during the League Cup win celebrations when Chelsea Dagger came on