PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TicketFast - Print at Home Tickets

RSS Bot
16-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Phase two of new strategy launched

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131216/ticketfast-print-at-home-tickets_2262950_3579977)

Hiber-nation
16-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Excellent, keep the improvements coming :thumbsup:

1two
16-12-2013, 12:56 PM
The club are also triallinga few unmanned turnstiles this weekend I believe.

Golden Bear
17-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Great idea but I'll only be fully satisfied that it works when the scanner at the turnstile reads the bar coding on my self printed ticket. Fingers crossed!

The only slight moan I have are the instructions on the ticket "please present this entire page at the turnstiles" and also "please keep the bar code area dry and flat at all times"

The ticket printed out as A4 size so I've been practicing my origami skills but it's more than likely that I'll now need to invest in a coat with larger pockets.

:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
17-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Great idea but I'll only be fully satisfied that it works when the scanner at the turnstile reads the bar coding on my self printed ticket. Fingers crossed!

The only slight moan I have are the instructions on the ticket "please present this entire page at the turnstiles" and also "please keep the bar code area dry and flat at all times"

As the ticket printed out as A4 size I've been practicing my origami skills but it's more than likely that I'll now need to invest in a coat with larger pockets.

hehe - the reason behind the whole page is that if the bar code is smudged to the point of being unreadable (tears of joy at the prospect of seeing the Hibees on inkjet printouts dont mix) then the other details should allow folks to pick up the pieces :)

greenpaper55
17-12-2013, 09:08 AM
A great idea, i will try it this weekend, hope the rain does not get on the barcode , next we will be able to do it from our phones which would be good.

Hibbyradge
17-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Have you seen the price of printer ink?

Petrie!! :grr:

Hibbyradge
17-12-2013, 09:13 AM
A great idea, i will try it this weekend, hope the rain does not get on the barcode , next we will be able to do it from our phones which would be good.

:agree:

It's now possible to board a plane using your phone, so the technology already exists.

I guess it just needs someone to design the app.

Brightside
17-12-2013, 09:44 AM

It's now possible to board a plane using your phone, so the technology already exists.

Very similar tech. Expect them to allow smart phone scans very soon. But obv you should all get SEASON TICKETS!! :aok:

dangermouse
17-12-2013, 09:48 AM

And Lothian Buses :greengrin

Very similar tech. Expect them to allow smart phone scans very soon. But obv you should all get SEASON TICKETS!! :aok:

Maybe the next step is a season ticket on your phone. Not so easy to hand over to someone else when you cannot make the game. He's a sly old fox is Iron Rod.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-12-2013, 12:54 PM
And Lothian Buses :greengrin

Maybe the next step is a season ticket on your phone. Not so easy to hand over to someone else when you cannot make the game. He's a sly old fox is Iron Rod.

The mobile phone ticket was something I posed when LWT first got involved in looking at ideas around the ticketing / CRM (Customer Relationship Management piece - which looks at how Hibs interact with their customers - customer loyalty amongst other things). I don't think that's quite in the pipeline if at all at present but the potential attractions are there but as with most "systems" related work takes time and money to develop.

dangermouse
17-12-2013, 01:46 PM
The mobile phone ticket was something I posed when LWT first got involved in looking at ideas around the ticketing / CRM (Customer Relationship Management piece - which looks at how Hibs interact with their customers - customer loyalty amongst other things). I don't think that's quite in the pipeline if at all at present but the potential attractions are there but as with most "systems" related work takes time and money to develop.

Lets hope the cost isn't prohibitive. I like the idea of scanning my season ticket from my phone to get in. Maybe the League as a whole should look at this and have truly integrated ticketing so you could use your phone for away matches as well. :rolleyes:

Next thing Hibs need to roll out is free WiFi as trying to access your Sky Sports app via 3G at half time is a nightmare.

HibbyAndy
17-12-2013, 01:56 PM
What if you dinnae have a printer like me ?

Saorsa
17-12-2013, 01:59 PM
What if you dinnae have a printer like me ?Buy one :wink:

or join the queue :greengrin

or ask Rod for a printer for christmas :hilarious

HibbyAndy
17-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Buy one :wink:

or join the queue :greengrin

or ask Rod for a printer for christmas :hilarious

Hink ill use the auld boys :greengrin..Either that or bus it doon for Derby tickets and grab a few beers and make it worth ma while :hmmm:

Saorsa
17-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Hink ill use the auld boys :greengrin..Either that or bus it doon for Derby tickets and grab a few beers and make it worth ma while :hmmm:What about the Petrie option? No fancy that? :greengrin

HibbyAndy
17-12-2013, 02:10 PM
The Petrie option is no even up for consideration :hilarious

down-the-slope
17-12-2013, 10:30 PM

The ticket printed out as A4 size so I've been practicing my origami skills but it's more than likely that I'll now need to invest in a coat with larger pockets.

hehe - the reason behind the whole page is that if the bar code is smudged to the point of being unreadable (tears of joy at the prospect of seeing the Hibees on inkjet printouts dont mix) then the other details should allow folks to pick up the pieces :)

A4 sheet has 3 barcodes on it and testing has placed them so that no matter how you fold it one at least should be visible to scanner

The Mobile technology IS built in and has been tested...result so far is that a combination of some lower tech phones having crap screens and a fair number having plastic screen protectors meant that a fair number failed to be read....the result a a busy turnstyle would be chaos....

It may well be resolved in time but aim is to walk first......run latter :greengrin

PatHead
17-12-2013, 10:44 PM
A4 sheet has 3 barcodes on it and testing has placed them so that no matter how you fold it one at least should be visible to scanner

The Mobile technology IS built in and has been tested...result so far is that a combination of some lower tech phones having crap screens and a fair number having plastic screen protectors meant that a fair number failed to be read....the result a a busy turnstyle would be chaos....

It may well be resolved in time but aim is to walk first......run latter :greengrin

Blackerrys wouldn't work either. It is being worked on

Gatecrasher
18-12-2013, 05:50 AM
Gonna try this today getting my a ticket for the Derby for my brother, do you just hand over the print out at the turnstile?

hibbymick
18-12-2013, 06:23 AM
Now all We need is one of those cash machines in behind the goals and life is rosy.

Coco Bryce
18-12-2013, 07:27 AM
Trying to buy my tickets for the derby this morning.

When you go to the stadium overview the West Stand shows at the bottom with the away end to the right but when you go to 'Choose your ticket' option it seems to flip round with what looks like the away end which you obviously cant buy tickets for now on your left and main stand showing on top :confused::confused:

Billy Whizz
18-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Gonna try this today getting my a ticket for the Derby for my brother, do you just hand over the print out at the turnstile?

I'm presuming its got a barcode on it, gets scanned at turnstyle as normal

Coco Bryce
18-12-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm presuming its got a barcode on it, gets scanned at turnstyle as normal

Just done this. Your ticket consists of a full A4 page, showing both sides of a normal ticket and a big colour advert with TB standing on Arthur Seat urging you to buy a half season ticket.

Be prepared to use half an ink cartridge on a ticket :cb

dangermouse
18-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Just done this. Your ticket consists of a full A4 page, showing both sides of a normal ticket and a big colour advert with TB standing on Arthur Seat urging you to buy a half season ticket.

Or print it off at work :wink:

Billy Whizz
18-12-2013, 10:22 AM

Just do it in black and white

Coco Bryce
18-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Or print it off at work :wink:

I did :agree:

Just do it in black and white

Tried that It just looks like a photocopy :wink: