Bayer Leverkusen v Paris Saint Germain

Galatasaray v Chelsea

Shalke 04 v Real Madrid

Zenit v Borussia Dortmund

Arsenal v Bayern Munich

jonty
16-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Tough ones for Man City and Arsenal.

Clearly there's no easy ones now that Barcelona showed up the 'tic for what they are.

green&left
16-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Anyone see the twitter feed 'Uefacorruption'? They tweeted that exact draw at about 9am yesterday morming. Interesting...

Bostonhibby
16-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Some good ties there. Has Wenger complained yet?:greengrin

IWasThere2016
16-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Tough ones for Man City and Arsenal.

Clearly there's no easy ones now that Barcelona showed up the 'tic for what they are.

Would have preferred that those games were the Semis!

Beefster
16-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Anyone see the twitter feed 'Uefacorruption'? They tweeted that exact draw at about 9am yesterday morming. Interesting...

Bizarre. We'll see if any of the press picks up on it.

IWasThere2016
16-12-2013, 12:19 PM

Bizarre. We'll see if any of the press picks up on it.

Wow - that would be interesting...

carnoustiehibee
16-12-2013, 12:21 PM

Did this not happen with one of the works cup groups aswell. ?

SmithyHibee
16-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Think they just tweeted all the combinations and deleted the ones that were wrong today

Alex Trager
16-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Just seen the corruption tweets. Interesting.

yeezus.
16-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Man City v Barcelona

Olympiakos v Man United

Ac Milan v Atletico Madrid

Galatasaray v Chelsea

Shalke 04 v Real Madrid

Arsenal v Bayern Munich

I reckon City will beat Barca but Arsenal will get gubbed. Real Madrid to win it.

carnoustiehibee
16-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Think they just tweeted all the combinations and deleted the ones that were wrong today

Yeah think your right

matty_f
16-12-2013, 12:34 PM

:agree:

If I was being really pedantic they got the home and away draws wrong as well.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-12-2013, 12:42 PM
they got the home and away draws wrong as well.

How, who did they say Summer Bay were due to play?

Seveno
16-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Anyone know who Hearts got ?

Pretty Boy
16-12-2013, 12:58 PM
So it will be the usual suspects in the later stages again. City possibly the only newcomer although beating Barcelona will be a tall order.

Yawn.

matty_f
16-12-2013, 01:03 PM
How, who did they say Summer Bay were due to play?

Ramsay Street Crusaders

matty_f
16-12-2013, 01:06 PM
So it will be the usual suspects in the later stages again. City possibly the only newcomer although beating Barcelona will be a tall order.

Yawn.

Is definitely becoming boring. When sky lost the Champions league rights to B.T. they felt it wasn't worth what B.T. paid. I believe Champions League vowing accounted for just 3% of Sky Sports viewing so it's nowhere near the draw it used to be. Obviously they'd have preferred to have won the rights but they were not prepared to pay over the odds.

cabbageandribs1875
16-12-2013, 01:14 PM
and in the Europa league

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25402647

Tottenham have been drawn against former manager Juande Ramos's Dnipro in the round of 32 of the Europa League.

Tottenham will face either PAOK or Benfica in the round of 16 if they can beat Dnipro.

Swansea will face Napoli, managed by former Liverpool and Chelsea boss, Rafael Benitez.

If they beat Napoli, Swansea will face the winners of the tie between Porto and Eintracht Frankfurt in the last 16.

hfc rd
16-12-2013, 01:34 PM

They got a bye in this round. They are far too big a club and far more superior than those teams.

hfc rd
16-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Is definitely becoming boring. When sky lost the Champions league rights to B.T. they felt it wasn't worth what B.T. paid. I believe Champions League vowing accounted for just 3% of Sky Sports viewing so it's nowhere near the draw it used to be. Obviously they'd have preferred to have won the rights but they were not prepared to pay over the odds.

I thought itv lost the champions league rights to bt, not sky? Is it next season bt will broadcast the champions league games?

God Petrie
16-12-2013, 01:40 PM
They got a bye in this round. They are far too big a club and far more superior than those teams.

No the winner of the champions league only wins the right to play "The Famous" at their new mega stadium.

Bronson
16-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Don't fancy city, can see Arsenal surprising a few.

Athletico are a real dark horse for the semis this year, great side. Leverkusen v PSG the closest tie.

lord bunberry
16-12-2013, 02:13 PM
I thought itv lost the champions league rights to bt, not sky? Is it next season bt will broadcast the champions league games?

It was sky who lost out to bt. I'm not sure if bt are going to allow some games to be shown on other free to air channels, I think I remember reading that they were going to show some games on bt sports for free.

Steven_Hibs
16-12-2013, 02:19 PM
:agree:

If I was being really pedantic they got the home and away draws wrong as well.

Look at the time stamps of the tweets, They are perfectly timed. So I don't believe they were deleted after draw was made! Remember this time last year, the champions league rehearsal was like for like. So fixed it's unreal

SteveHFC
16-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Man City v Barcelona

Olympiakos v Man United

Galatasaray v Chelsea

Shalke 04 v Real Madrid

Arsenal v Bayern Munich

Man City
Man Utd
AC Milan
PSG
Chelsea
Real Madrid
Dortmund
Bayern

To all go through :agree:

fatbloke
16-12-2013, 02:42 PM

Rangers or Celtic?

Dashing Bob S
16-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Man United could win it if they keep getting draws like that. They are on collision course with Hearts in the semis.

hfc rd
16-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Man City
Man Utd
AC Milan
PSG
Chelsea
Real Madrid
Dortmund
Bayern

To all go through :agree:

Barcelona (if Messi is back fit by then, if not then Man City)
Man Utd
Atletico Madrid
PSG
Chelsea
Real Madrid
Dortmund
Bayern

That's my prediction.

green.and.white
16-12-2013, 04:08 PM
BT has exclusive coverage of live games but I think ITV won the rights to show just the highlights

nonshinyfinish
16-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Look at the time stamps of the tweets, They are perfectly timed. So I don't believe they were deleted after draw was made! Remember this time last year, the champions league rehearsal was like for like. So fixed it's unreal

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbnCaKgCYAAMIf2.jpg

:hmmm:

NAE NOOKIE
16-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Man City v Barcelona

Olympiakos v Man United

Galatasaray v Chelsea

Shalke 04 v Real Madrid

Arsenal v Bayern Munich

This is a bit like reading Hello magazine.

They always have an article with loads of pictures from that weeks latest society events, with picture captions like: Mr Rubert Richgit accompanies Lady Mercedes Oldmoney to the ball held last week at the Ritz to raise money for the purchase of quality footwear for distressed gentlefolk. They left later with Sir Cedric Bighouse and Baroness Owen - Yorkshire ( celebrating her 18th birthday ) for a party at Stringfellows.

Very interesting I'm sure ...... but bugger all to do with me.

nonshinyfinish
16-12-2013, 08:40 PM
This is a bit like reading Hello magazine.

They always have an article with loads of pictures from that weeks latest society events, with picture captions like: Mr Rubert Richgit accompanies Lady Mercedes Oldmoney to the ball held last week at the Ritz to raise money for the purchase of quality footwear for distressed gentlefolk. They left later with Sir Cedric Bighouse and Baroness Owen - Yorkshire ( celebrating her 18th birthday ) for a party at Stringfellows.

Very interesting I'm sure ...... but bugger all to do with me.

I appreciate the sentiment, but I still watch the Champions League because you can regularly see the best footballers in the world doing their thing. Yes, it's all a bit stage-managed and the rich-get-richer aspect of it is unappealing, but I'm a football fan and I'm damned if I'm going to deny myself watching the foremost Künstler des Fußball.

(To continue your analogy, this is where despite being unable to identify with the aristocrats featured in the Hello article, you shamelessly ogle the lassies regardless.)

NAE NOOKIE
16-12-2013, 09:15 PM
I appreciate the sentiment, but I still watch the Champions League because you can regularly see the best footballers in the world doing their thing. Yes, it's all a bit stage-managed and the rich-get-richer aspect of it is unappealing, but I'm a football fan and I'm damned if I'm going to deny myself watching the foremost Künstler des Fußball.

(To continue your analogy, this is where despite being unable to identify with the aristocrats featured in the Hello article, you shamelessly ogle the lassies regardless.)

Thats perfection NSF.

Got to admit you are right .... I will probably watch the games on Council Telly, but thats because I love football. I think that the Champions League is killing the game and turning what used to be the excitement of European Football into a borefest. Not because the football isnt good or that the players arnt the best. But with the same 8 or so clubs filling the latter stages every year there is no longer any room for a surprise team in the final. The likes of Malmo, Celtic, Feynoord, Panathanaikos, St Etienne will never be contenders again ... even the once mighty Ajax and Juventus are oot the windae these days.

Perhaps PSG, Man City and Monaco could make an impact this year or next .... but thats on the back of hundreds of millions of vanity money.

The only thing which may happen is that FIFA / UEFA will allow regional leagues which Holland, Belgium and eastern European countries would like to see, giving these countries access to bigger TV markets and therefore access to the money to enable them to compete. Lets hope the likes of us dont get left even further behind in that event.