PDA

View Full Version : NHC AVB has left spurs

ronaldo7
16-12-2013, 10:08 AM
AVB has left the club. Looks like he was pushed although it was said by Mutual consent.

Northernhibee
16-12-2013, 10:09 AM
No surprises.

cabbageandribs1875
16-12-2013, 10:10 AM
spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas sacked as well, gary locke fav to take over

haw-haw

Northernhibee
16-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Defo next Hertz manager.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Defo next Hertz manager.

Nah, the new Spurs manager will probably give him a game up front.

surreyhibbie
16-12-2013, 10:16 AM
spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas sacked as well, gary locke fav to

haw-haw

How long. Before the muppets on sickboak suggest he should be their next manager?

:greengrin

The Sea-gull
16-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Failed at Chelsea and now at Spurs. That will be that for him in terms of getting another decent job in England. If any other team in England take him on it will be for the name and for the fact that "there is no such thing as bad publicity".

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2013, 10:17 AM
£100m spent in the summer, 6-0 defeat at city, and a 5-0 home defeat at home i'd want the manager punted too.

Harry Redknapp will be pissing himself at this.

Northernhibee
16-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Totally wasted the sale of Bale.

ronaldo7
16-12-2013, 10:23 AM
£100m spent in the summer, 6-0 defeat at city, and a 5-0 home defeat at home i'd want the manager punted too.

Leavy could have bought the famous:rolleyes: and won the champions league with that amount of wonga.

ScottB
16-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Sure it was reported awhile back that Porto wanted him back, seems a good idea all round.

Who do Spurs go after now?

cabbageandribs1875
16-12-2013, 10:29 AM
How long. Before the muppets on sickboak suggest he should be their next manager?

:greengrin

Mmmmm Andre v Ally in the scottish championship battle 2014/2015 season

Baldy
16-12-2013, 10:37 AM
I feel sorry for AVB, he may have had £100m spent on players but I don't think many if any were his.

Basically Franco Baldini & Daniel Levy have bought over priced players for him and they are guys who did not necessarily fit in to AVB's team

Brightside
16-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Best win rate of any recent Spurs managers. Higher in the league that Man U. Aye - lets sack him! FFS.... new players need time to blend end. Crazy stuff down there... BUT get yer money on Capello..some 5/2 at Ladbrokes if you're quick.

hibby rae
16-12-2013, 11:02 AM
I watched the game yesterday and although I think it's one of the best performances I've seen from Liverpool this season, Spurs just looked lifeless and there was no fight from them at all. The amount of space the Liverpool team was given in midfield was criminal.

patch1875
16-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Bit harsh, I liked him.

IWasThere2016
16-12-2013, 11:22 AM
AVB oot, Fenlon in (c) Andy74 :greengrin

Expect Spuds to go for a Jurgen - Klinsmann or Klopp.

hibby rae
16-12-2013, 11:25 AM

I don't know if Klinsmann would give up the USA job on the eve of a World Cup. Has he not lived in the States for about 15 years or so as well?

HibbySpurs
16-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Best win rate of any recent Spurs managers. Higher in the league that Man U. Aye - lets sack him! FFS.... new players need time to blend end. Crazy stuff down there... BUT get yer money on Capello..some 5/2 at Ladbrokes if you're quick.

Nonsense, recent results have been entirely unacceptable and to be thrashed in the manner which we were yesterday at the lane was a sackable offence in itself.

Pleased hes been shoved now, an entirely dissapointing appointment in the end and always had reservations following his performance at Chelsea.

I think AVB has now been found out at the highest level and will struggle to get a top job in England ever again....

I'd have him as Hearts manager in a moment:greengrin

yeezus.
16-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Not surprised at all. I thought with the new look squad Spurs would be challenging for the top 4..

BT58
16-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Watched MOTD 2, on it AVB put out a weird message as if the players bought were not his choice.
Tbh to have lost 11 goals in 2games (it could have been a lot more) would put pressure on any manager

hibby rae
16-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Watched MOTD 2, on it AVB put out a weird message as if the players bought were not his choice.
Tbh to have lost 11 goals in 2games (it could have been a lot more) would put pressure on any manager

That sounds familiar! :greengrin

NYHibby
16-12-2013, 12:05 PM

We just signed Klinsmann to a contract extension through the 2018 World Cup last week. He was also named Technical Director at the same time. He is not going anywhere in the near future.

Craig_in_Prague
16-12-2013, 12:06 PM

Wenger appears widely respected.
Yet, lost 6 at City.
Lost 8 not so long ago at Man U.
Generally lose against 'bigger' teams and generally lose 'big' games.
Not won nowt in a long time.
The Arsenal Fergie, but without success lol

Just saying... some managers seem untouchable, others are harshly sacked.

They were awful yesterday Spurs, but the 3 goals post red card were a team exploiting the space and have been scoring lots of goals against other teams.

5 points of 4th, isn't a disaster I's say - given it's Man City, Chelsea nearest them. Do they expect to be above them ??
Sitting 2 points above man utd after 16 games.
Won 8 of their 16.

Not really a fan of AVB or Spurs at all, just think this was a little harsh of a sacking.

KeithTheHibby
16-12-2013, 12:30 PM

Not forgetting a 3-0 trouncing by West Ham at home. AVB has made Spurs worse despite *****ing a fortune on players. Just not cut out for english football.

J-C
16-12-2013, 01:26 PM
I keep hearing on the radio that after losing 0-5 it was obvious he had to go, why then did the Hibs board not do the same after the Malmo debacle

jacomo
16-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Totally wasted the sale of Bale.

Too early to say, some poor tactics haven't helped. They've got some real quality and most of them are young so could yet turn a profit.

But they would probably have been wiser keeping some of the cash from Bale in the bank so they could strengthen again in January or next summer.

jacomo
16-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Sure it was reported awhile back that Porto wanted him back, seems a good idea all round.

Who do Spurs go after now?

AVB has nurtured his relationship with Porto, they do still love him.

With this pay off added to his severance package from Chelsea, AVB can build himself the house of his dreams in Portugal!!

Liams
16-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Strange cause bar the 5-0 and 6-0 they had best deffence and their league is very tight

Bronson
16-12-2013, 01:58 PM
I think they'll go for Pochettino from Southampton

J-C
16-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Was mentioned that his spat with press didn't help, the Spurs board didnt come out and back him, plus he had a go at the DOF and his signings,wouldn't have made him popular in the dressing room

hibsbollah
16-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Nonsense, recent results have been entirely unacceptable and to be thrashed in the manner which we were yesterday at the lane was a sackable offence in itself.

Pleased hes been shoved now, an entirely dissapointing appointment in the end and always had reservations following his performance at Chelsea.

I think AVB has now been found out at the highest level and will struggle to get a top job in England ever again....

I'd have him as Hearts manager in a moment:greengrin

He's a top manager, winning a european trophy with Porto just 2 years ago suggests he'll be successful elsewhere.

lord bunberry
16-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Zola has walked from watford as well

Pete
16-12-2013, 04:06 PM
That's twice AVB has been introduced as a long term project and twice he hasn't been allowed to follow it through.

MOTD got it spot on yesterday when analyzing his situation. You simply can't throw all these foreign players together at once and expect consistency.

hfc rd
16-12-2013, 04:13 PM
I think they'll go for Pochettino from Southampton

Or maybe even use some of the Bale money to put a package together and try to tempt Martinez from Everton?

Gettin' Auld
16-12-2013, 04:48 PM
I keep hearing on the radio that after losing 0-5 it was obvious he had to go, why then did the Hibs board not do the same after the Malmo debacle

Probably because we hadn't just spent the best part of £100M on new players. :wink:

HibeeLR
16-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Laudrup next manager

Piqué
16-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Rudi Garcia at Roma? Won the French league with Lille and now has Roma unbeaten in their first 15 games of the season.

Bronson
16-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Or maybe even use some of the Bale money to put a package together and try to tempt Martinez from Everton?

Bit soon for him to leave I think, although he's beginning to look like a top manager.

Sir David Gray
16-12-2013, 06:34 PM

Not if your name's Gary Locke and you're in charge of the best young players in Scotland it doesn't. :wink:

HibbySpurs
16-12-2013, 08:10 PM
He's a top manager, winning a european trophy with Porto just 2 years ago suggests he'll be successful elsewhere.

Yeah ok, can't argue with that but it just hadn't worked for him in England. Yes we're still not far off 4th but it's been grim at times despite us walking our Europa group.

Some managers and clubs just don't fit and think this is what's happened. He wasn't right for us and I suspect we just weren't right for him in the end.

Time for both parties to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

heretoday
16-12-2013, 09:38 PM

I like to think that RM would have the decency not to leave Everton after 5 mins. He's involved in something very exciting there right now.

Scouse Hibee
17-12-2013, 08:43 AM

If Martinez was to leave Everton it would have to be for a club bigger in London than Spurs, why leave the small club on Merseyside to move to a small club in London, surely only Chelsea or Arsenal would tempt him to London.

Bostonhibby
17-12-2013, 09:35 AM
spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas sacked as well, gary locke fav to take over

haw-haw

Obviously Locke could take his pick of the jobs that are available (look how many hearts had to fight off to make him their manager). The Spurs job probably isn't enough of a challenge for him and I suspect their average age being higher than the now mythical Yam average age will be a major stumbling block as Locke clearly prefers to work with Europes most talented youngsters.

Don't be surprised if Hearts come out with a strongly worded statement making it clear to West Brom, Spurs and Watford etc. That Locke is part of their bright future and all requests to speak to him will be refused. Its the least their fans will expect.

If they bake enough money over xmas maybe they could offer AVB, Clarke or Zola the number 2 job? Its always good to have a big club on your CV.

jamieross
17-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Wenger appears widely respected.
Yet, lost 6 at City.
Lost 8 not so long ago at Man U.
Generally lose against 'bigger' teams and generally lose 'big' games.
Not won nowt in a long time.
The Arsenal Fergie, but without success lol

Just saying... some managers seem untouchable, others are harshly sacked.

They were awful yesterday Spurs, but the 3 goals post red card were a team exploiting the space and have been scoring lots of goals against other teams.

5 points of 4th, isn't a disaster I's say - given it's Man City, Chelsea nearest them. Do they expect to be above them ??
Sitting 2 points above man utd after 16 games.
Won 8 of their 16.

Not really a fan of AVB or Spurs at all, just think this was a little harsh of a sacking.

Hes well respected for a reason to be fair. Look what he done before these 8 years. Modernized the club top to bottom. League and cup double, Champions league final, the invincibles etc.

He may not have won a trophy ( should have won at least that final against GJP's Birminham), but how many other managers could have still challenged at the top and made the CL every year on a limited budget (compared to other top 4 sides) while having to sell your best players as the club builds a brand new stadium. Not sure how many others could do it.

Do think AVBs sacking is premature. Aye theyve had some bad defeats and should have walked to the CL spots but id be surprised if many could throw so many new players into a team and expect instant results.

Pete
17-12-2013, 04:30 PM
If Martinez was to leave Everton it would have to be for a club bigger in London than Spurs, why leave the small club on Merseyside to move to a small club in London, surely only Chelsea or Arsenal would tempt him to London.

Big club wee club..where am I again?

If you add up the fans each ones have with a scouse accent you probably couldn't separate them.

heretoday
17-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Spurs are a huge club. No question.