PDA

View Full Version : Billy McKay

Rivers Cuomo
16-12-2013, 07:37 AM
The obvious answer to our problems. Will we go for him?

marinello59
16-12-2013, 07:58 AM

Our management team built a decent side at ICT by going for the less obvious options. So my answer to your question would be , who knows?

nribs
16-12-2013, 08:05 AM
I believe we can get him for 150k FACT!

Ronniekirk
16-12-2013, 08:05 AM
Can't afford him simple as that But hopefully Steve Marsella has been tracking someone else for Inverness and we can bring them to Easter road but more likely we may have to gamble on a loan signing in this transfer window as no one will let a proven striker go in January unless bid is too good to turn down Sadly living within our means determines he is out our price bracket.

Ronniekirk
16-12-2013, 08:11 AM
After those two goals at the weekend no chance.Unless of course you have inside info that he is unhappy and wants away and wants reunited with his old management team and Inverness will just roll over and let us pinch him with a big sell on clause when he moves from us and we throw in a couple of players. know it's Christmass time but it's wishfully thinking on your part Just as thinking we could sign sparky was once he started banging the goals in

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-12-2013, 08:13 AM

No danger.

Hibbyradge
16-12-2013, 08:23 AM
No danger.

:tumble:

spike220
16-12-2013, 08:43 AM
We need to make our own heroes not buy one.

The Sea-gull
16-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Don't think McKay alone would be "the answer" but he would certainly form part of it. If he came and was dropped into this team he might get the odd goal here and there but he would need better creative players in order to replicate his ICT form.

Did the board not advise at a Q and A (possibly in the summer) that Hibs and a few other SPL teams (Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Motherwell were rumoured to be the others) enquired about McKay but it was a non-starter for all of them due to him having a lengthy-ish contract(contracted to summer 2015) and the fee ICT were looking for.

We may (or may not) have spent 200K on James Collins but if we were willing to spend that amount on a striker, I am sure if we could have got McKay for that then we would have gone for him. I'm guessing ICT are looking for anything from 500k - 1m for McKay and I don't blame them. That price will reduce the shorter his contract becomes and it may be that ICT decide to sell in January while his stock is high and he is still of reasonable value to them. All it takes is a bad half season and a further run down of his contract and he becomes effectively worthless.

Hermit Crab
16-12-2013, 09:13 AM

No. Contracted to 2015. ICT rejected 400k for him.

Another thread already on here about him. Merge please admins.

number9dream
16-12-2013, 10:18 AM
McKay is a poacher in red hot form and a player Butcher obviously knows well. I just don't think we can afford him or ICT would be willing to sell in Jan and risk really cheesing off their supporters.
We already have a proven poacher in Heffernan, so let's hope he gets back to fitness soon and gets a chance to show the new boss what he can do.
A winger and a right-back might just be higher up on the manager's wish-list. Unfortunatley, Doran is probably off limits for the same reasons as McKay...

stu in nottingham
16-12-2013, 11:19 AM
McKay is a poacher in red hot form and a player Butcher obviously knows well. I just don't think we can afford him or ICT would be willing to sell in Jan and risk really cheesing off their supporters.
We already have a proven poacher in Heffernan, so let's hope he gets back to fitness soon and gets a chance to show the new boss what he can do.
A winger and a right-back might just be higher up on the manager's wish-list. Unfortunatley, Doran is probably off limits for the same reasons as McKay...

I think this is right. Heffernan is an accomplished goalscorer and can do this job when fit again. It's all about getting the team to create some chances to use him to best effect.

DanHFC1875
16-12-2013, 11:56 AM
We need to make our own heroes not buy one.

What a load of absolute garbage. McKay should be top target. Butcher knows what he would be getting for his money. The guy has banged them in, in the same league against the same players and teams.

Going for him is a no-brainer for me...

Actually securing his signature is whole other story.... But yes I think we should go for him. :aok: