PDA

View Full Version : sportscene

Hibrandenburg
15-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Why does Terry Butcher only have one eyebrow?

Glory Lurker
15-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Why does Terry Butcher only have one eyebrow?

Petrie wouldn't pay for the other one??? Is it languishing in a bus shelter in Hilton??? What if it's the clever eyebrow? PETRIE!!!!! :grr::grr::grr:

Del Boy
15-12-2013, 10:49 PM
what's Nevin slavering about re Izaguire dive??

Hibrandenburg
15-12-2013, 10:50 PM

Cringe worthy!

Pretty Boy
15-12-2013, 10:52 PM
What the hell was Cairney doing at the goal?

hibbymick
15-12-2013, 10:53 PM

What a stupid comment he made.

Gus Fring
15-12-2013, 10:53 PM

Can anyone post what he said?

3pm
15-12-2013, 10:56 PM

Not once but twice!

Hibs90
15-12-2013, 10:57 PM

Should have tucked it away. Too slow off the mark.

As for Nevin, just trying to appeal to Celtic fans.

BS44
15-12-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm really offended by that Christmas tree, forcing their christian festivals on me.

Glory Lurker
15-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Tell you what, though, Killie really stink.

monktonharp
15-12-2013, 11:00 PM
what's Nevin slavering about re Izaguire dive?? :confused::confused: never saw it, but was he not booked for diving? did wee Nevin get that wrong? or was the ref wrong? not according to papers I've read:confused:

jabis
15-12-2013, 11:01 PM

searching like a beagle doon a ratpipe,for our glorious leaders eyebrow.

......I can't believe I'm going to press submit:aok:

Hibercelona
15-12-2013, 11:02 PM
:confused::confused: never saw it, but was he not booked for diving? did wee Nevin get that wrong? or was the ref wrong? not according to papers I've read:confused:

He said it was a yellow card, but that he wouldn't be too hard on him for going down as he was "expecting" contact.

Can't agree with Nevin on this one. No player should hit the deck, just because they expect contact to be made. It's blatant simulation.

hibbymick
15-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Can anyone post what he said?

Basically said the celtic player dived but it was ok because he was expecting the tackle.

monktonharp
15-12-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm really offended by that Christmas tree, forcing their christian festivals on me. go hunting for seals, if you are offended.make a hole, shove a fishing line doon it, dae something in greeenland but don't try and spoil our festivities. don't turn up at the next Derby:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Good thing about the dive is that Lennon has made a dick of himself again with his touchline antics.

truehibernian
15-12-2013, 11:15 PM
He said it was a yellow card, but that he wouldn't be too hard on him for going down as he was "expecting" contact.

Can't agree with Nevin on this one. No player should hit the deck, just because they expect contact to be made. It's blatant simulation.

Danny Handling did exactly the same in the Falkirk semi final - we won a penalty. After the game I was surprised it hadn't been scrutinised but we all got overcome by the result.

Ref made a great call at the weekend, in what is notoriously a stadium which favours the hosts - I think we should be commending the ref, not having a go at Pat.

clerriehibs
15-12-2013, 11:39 PM
I'm really offended by that Christmas tree, forcing their christian festivals on me.

You'll never attend a match at Easter Road, then?

Glory Lurker
15-12-2013, 11:51 PM

Pedantry alert - It's "Easter" as in it is the more easterly of the two main roads from Edinburgh to Leith.

I reckon, if there is a God, it's quite clear He (or She, or It) hasn't been near our neck of the woods for a long time! :boo hoo:

Wilson
16-12-2013, 02:41 AM

He will, and he won't get cross...

Squealing pig
16-12-2013, 03:25 AM
What time is it on?

hibbymick
16-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Danny Handling did exactly the same in the Falkirk semi final - we won a penalty. After the game I was surprised it hadn't been scrutinised but we all got overcome by the result.

Ref made a great call at the weekend, in what is notoriously a stadium which favours the hosts - I think we should be commending the ref, not having a go at Pat.

Makes you wonder what all the over reaction was then when miko dived v Scotland.

CentreLine
16-12-2013, 09:34 AM
I can't believe they didn't show McHattie's rugby tackle in the hahahahearts v ICT game. Would have provided them with a good contrast with what should and should not have been a penalty.

hibby rae
16-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Should have tucked it away. Too slow off the mark.

As for Nevin, just trying to appeal to Celtic fans.

And why would he be doing that when he's a Hibs supporter?

Hibrandenburg
16-12-2013, 09:57 AM
And why would he be doing that when he's a Hibs supporter?

Because he's a sportscene pundit and they pay his wages not Hibs.

hibby rae
16-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Because he's a sportscene pundit and they pay his wages not Hibs.

Yeah the BBC pay him to give an impartial opinion and analysis. That's what Pat's doing, he's not trying to appeal to anyone.

Hibrandenburg
16-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Yeah the BBC pay him to give an impartial opinion and analysis. That's what Pat's doing, he's not trying to appeal to anyone.

Everything you see on TV is instigated, they'll have discussed who takes what line in the pre recording briefing.

hibbymick
16-12-2013, 11:38 AM

Like alan Preston ?

Treadstone
16-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Like alan Preston ?

Preston is a fud but I don't actually blame him. The person who produces the amateur hour 'Open all mics' should have knocked the 'banter' on the head at the outset. Now we are left with correspondents who think they have carte blanche to act as though they are in the boozer having a knockabout laugh.

hibby rae
16-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Like alan Preston ?

As pointed out he's a fud. My point is I think saying Pat was trying to appeal to the Celtic fans is an unfair accusation to make towards him as it's something he would not do. He's far and away one of the best pundit in the country and it's unfair to call his integrity into question. He will discuss what's going to be said before recording but it's his own conclusions from watching the match (whether you agree with what is said is a different matter), he doesn't get told what to say.

Hibrandenburg
16-12-2013, 12:08 PM
As pointed out he's a fud. My point is I think saying Pat was trying to appeal to the Celtic fans is an unfair accusation to make towards him as it's something he would not do. He's far and away one of the best pundit in the country and it's unfair to call his integrity into question. He will discuss what's going to be said before recording but it's his own conclusions from watching the match (whether you agree with what is said is a different matter), he doesn't get told what to say.

Whilst I agree with what you say about Pat being a good pundit and a man of integrity but you need to be aware that even he will have to stick to the script. By far the biggest audience viewing would be Celtic/the Rangers fans and they are who the show caters for and every week you'll find the pundits on different sides trying to create controversy and discussion.

You could see that Pat was uncomfortable in role he'd been given.

hibby rae
16-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Whilst I agree with what you say about Pat being a good pundit and a man of integrity but you need to be aware that even he will have to stick to the script. By far the biggest audience viewing would be Celtic/the Rangers fans and they are who the show caters for and every week you'll find the pundits on different sides trying to create controversy and discussion.

You could see that Pat was uncomfortable in role he'd been given.

You're right if there's a script it'll need to be followed but I don't think he would say anything he completely disagreed with though, the other pundit could just make those comments.

Hibrandenburg
16-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Think that was why Pat had to play the good cop, couldn't have an ex rangers player sticking up for celtic.

brog
17-12-2013, 02:08 PM
I can't believe they didn't show McHattie's rugby tackle in the hahahahearts v ICT game. Would have provided them with a good contrast with what should and should not have been a penalty.

I just saw this on Sky highlights, unbelievable was not a pen & amazing BBC ignored it. Now if Leigh had done that Vincent Lunny would be suspending him for a month!