Absolutely brilliant , the look on some of the weegie **** faces, priceless
Glasgows f***** s***e....
F*** off the boys in green

Their support was embarrassingly quiet.

Up The Bracket
14-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Our rendition of "We are the people" was particularly pleasing as their fans were not pleased in the slightest.

ZS DOOM
14-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Our rendition of "We are the people" was particularly pleasing as their fans were not pleased in the slightest.

easy fishing with that lot

Liams
14-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Loved my first adventure too cetic!! There fans dressed at seats! Loved stevenson song too

erin go bragh
14-12-2013, 07:48 PM

Imo , that song should only be sung against the other lot .

Ggtth

Twiglet
14-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Loved my first adventure too cetic!! There fans dressed at seats! Loved stevenson song too

What was the Stevenson song?

Billy Whizz
14-12-2013, 07:58 PM
What was the Stevenson song?

To the tune of Partridge in a pear tree, good little song.

As for some of the rest of the songs we sung today, majority of them had a b,c or an f in every 2nd word. Come on guys we need to do better than this

flash
14-12-2013, 08:46 PM

Tell me you never. My toes are curling.

Hibernia Na Eir
14-12-2013, 09:13 PM

not sure about singing that last piece re "the boys in green"

zlatan
14-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Tell me you never. My toes are curling.

Worked that day we humped them 3-1 at Parkhead in 2005 but every effort since, especially when getting beat, just naw.

7 Hills
14-12-2013, 09:27 PM
not sure about singing that last piece re "the boys in green"

"Bhoys in green" works for me. :wink:

Chuck Rhoades
14-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Five stevensonssssssz

BigKev
14-12-2013, 10:14 PM
On the subject of songs.... Wtf was the "opera" singer all about pre match? He was appalling.

Crab apple
14-12-2013, 10:19 PM

My favourite today was 'If it wasn't for the Hibees you'd be huns'

Argylehibby
14-12-2013, 10:28 PM

Many of our fans there today were not that chuffed about it either, including me. The only time Hibs fans should ever contemplate singing that is against Sevco.

Chuck Rhoades
14-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Many of our fans there today were not that chuffed about it either, including me. The only time Hibs fans should ever contemplate singing that is against Sevco.

It's a ****ing wind up which makes them bite, get over it.

marinello59
14-12-2013, 10:44 PM

That was funny once when we were 3-0 up at Ibrox and we chucked it back at the arrogant Hun hordes. My heart sank when I heard it today. Poor stuff.

Chuck Rhoades
14-12-2013, 10:48 PM
That was funny once when we were 3-0 up at Ibrox and we chucked it back at the arrogant Hun hordes. My heart sank when I heard it today. Poor stuff.

Score on you posting on this as you did, 4/9. Cheers Fraze!

:D

Up The Bracket
14-12-2013, 10:51 PM
It's a ****ing wind up which makes them bite, get over it.

Indeed, why do some fans take stuff like that so seriously, we are a football club, not a political institution.

MSK
14-12-2013, 10:53 PM
It's a ****ing wind up which makes them bite, get over it.Aye ..bet that shook them tae the core ..like they have never heard that sung tae them before ..

djs69
14-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Some folk need to chill oot....any songs to wind up the opposing fans, which they clearly did are a good thing

MSK
14-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Some folk need to chill oot....any songs to wind up the opposing fans, which they clearly did are a good thingHibs songs ..?

zlatan
14-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Some folk need to chill oot....any songs to wind up the opposing fans, which they clearly did are a good thing

Let's belt out the sash at the next visit to Parkhead then.

BS44
14-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Imo , that song should only be sung against the other lot .

Ggtth

Definitely. Possibly the same group that were singing The Rangers song that then took the hump at the Celtic fan and started singing are you jam tarts in disguise after he had the cheek to shout all the hibees are gay

the_ginger_hibee
14-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Whatever you think of 'We are the People' I doesn't call for Hibs fans shouting at other Hibs fans for singing it.
Seen an old angry dude shouting at a 16/17yr old(ish?) for it..the lad didn't know where to look any time the song restarted.

His fits of anger were way more cringy than any song.

marinello59
14-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Whatever you think of 'We are the People' I doesn't call for Hibs fans shouting at other Hibs fans for singing it.
Seen an old angry dude shouting at a 16/17yr old(ish?) for it..the lad didn't know where to look any time the song restarted.

His fits of anger were way more cringy than any song.

I can agree with all of that . I don't like us adopting a Hun song but no need to pick on kids for singing it.

wearethehibs
14-12-2013, 11:51 PM
WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!!!

****ing typical .net over reaction to everything!

.Sean.
14-12-2013, 11:59 PM
Absolutely tremendous day out, Bevvy, banter and Hibs. Top day.

We Are The People

Where's yer famous Green Brigade?

FIVE STE VEN SOOONS

.Sean.
15-12-2013, 12:02 AM

Get over yourselves ya miserable *****.

The Tims hated it which worked for us. Go to the squash or something if you cannae hack a wee bit confrontation.

adhibs
15-12-2013, 12:10 AM

exactly mate, ****ing cringeworthy. should belt out the roll of honour honour next time we play the huns. just to get a reaction like

djs69
15-12-2013, 12:13 AM
Let's all just go to the game and try not to upset our opposite fans and just have a quiet bovril and occasional hibees hibees....bollox to that, was a great day out, 10/10 for song originality today to wind that lot up

marinello59
15-12-2013, 12:13 AM
WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!!!

****ing typical .net over reaction to everything!

A difference of opinion surely, who is over reacting?

The Tims hated it which worked for us. Go to the squash or something if you cannae hack a wee bit confrontation.

Ah.....OK maybe some are. :greengrin

wearethehibs
15-12-2013, 12:15 AM
HELLO HELLO WE ARE THE HIBEE BOYS.

****ing get over it, we like to wind up the weegies!

adhibs
15-12-2013, 12:20 AM

did ***** sing that at the game? what a ****ing embaresment if so

marinello59
15-12-2013, 12:21 AM

Excellent. I haven't actually heard any Hibs fans using the Billy Boys song before. In fact I don't recall it being sung today but as long as it winds the Weegies up that's good isn't it?

monktonharp
15-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Excellent. I haven't actually heard any Hibs fans using the Billy Boys song before. In fact I don't recall it being sung today but as long as it winds the Weegies up that's good isn't it?
oh, dear.

marinello59
15-12-2013, 12:25 AM
oh, dear.

Oh dear what?

.Sean.
15-12-2013, 12:25 AM
It wasn't sung today so let's make that clear before it becomes another .net myth.

.Sean.
15-12-2013, 12:26 AM
Yeah it's great, isn't it? It pisses them off no end.

zlatan
15-12-2013, 12:27 AM

Sounds like someone isn't aware of the great squash stampede of 85.

marinello59
15-12-2013, 12:27 AM
It wasn't sung today so let's make that clear before it becomes another .net myth.

I know , I was there and thank **** it wasn't.

SkintHibby
15-12-2013, 07:15 AM
I'd be absolutely gutted if Hibs fans ever sang the Hello Hello song (We Are The People at anyone but Rangers is bad enough though). The Huns have been away so long, some of you are forgetting how odious they are!!!:rolleyes:

Chuck Rhoades
15-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Aye ..bet that shook them tae the core ..like they have never heard that sung tae them before ..

Were you there? The reaction, as ever, was priceless.

hibeesathampden
15-12-2013, 08:00 AM

What tune is this to?

_hucks_
15-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Were you there? The reaction, as ever, was priceless.

It's not all about the reaction though, is it? There is plenty that would get a reaction out of me and most other hibbies (most of the sectarian material, which incidently watp fits into, for example) but this surely doesn't justify the actions of the fans that sing it?

hibbymick
15-12-2013, 08:35 AM
you pays yer money you sing what ye like, is that not how the saying goes ? Well done to the folk that went through , but next time just to please the over reactors how about a wee bit subo or simon and garfunkel. :flag:

joe breezy
15-12-2013, 08:42 AM
exactly mate, ****ing cringeworthy. should belt out the roll of honour honour next time we play the huns. just to get a reaction like

it's a 'protestant' supremacist chant that started in Northern Ireland, I don't think anyone singing it is thinking of it that way...

Still...

Keith_M
15-12-2013, 09:54 AM
I'd be absolutely gutted if Hibs fans ever sang the Hello Hello song (We Are The People at anyone but Rangers is bad enough though). The Huns have been away so long, some of you are forgetting how odious they are!!!:rolleyes:

Ehm, sorry, but a section of the support did in the late 70s early 80s. As I remember it, most clubs did at the time, even in England.

The words were changed to suit the club, e.g. "...up to our knees in Orange/City/Jam Tart blood".

I've stated this before on here and was slated for it but I've absolutely no reason to make it up. Anyone that stood on the main terrace about half way up and next to the segregation fence in the early 80s, barring early senility, will surely remember.

oramhibee
15-12-2013, 10:31 AM
What tune is this to?

It's the tune to "Come on you Bhoys in Green"

Feed McGraw
15-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Its probably a generation thing to a certain extent as in who thinks its a good idea and who doesn`t, but I find it hard to believe it would " wind them up " ! Confuse them maybe, but not much more than that.

sambajustice
15-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Celtic fans would just laugh at, then pity us if watp and "hello" was to be sung at them.

All a bit cringey!

Pretty Boy
15-12-2013, 01:18 PM
I don't really get singing 'We are the people' at Celtic. The songs got nothing to do with them.

I always love it against Rangers because it pisses them off no end, they absolutely 100% hate it. Celtic fans are probably just confused and then react because they think we are singing Rangers songs.

As for a version if the Billy Boys. Just no. I'm sure it wasn't sung yesterday and neither it should be ever.

hibbymick
15-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Ehm, sorry, but a section of the support did in the late 70s early 80s. As I remember it, most clubs did at the time, even in England.

The words were changed to suit the club, e.g. "...up to our knees in Orange/City/Jam Tart blood".

I've stated this before on here and was slated for it but I've absolutely no reason to make it up. Anyone that stood on the main terrace about half way up and next to the segregation fence in the early 80s, barring early senility, will surely remember.

I remember it well.

hfc rd
15-12-2013, 01:29 PM

Should the bit "F*** off the boys in green" not be changed to "F*** off you lesser greens".

Jones28
15-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Oh smashin, not had a song debate for a while!

Keith_M
15-12-2013, 04:36 PM
I remember it well.

Finally, thank you :thumbsup:

Am I the only one that thinks that's just a tad stupid?

Oh and my opinion on WATP, only ever when we're 3-0 up at Ibrox please.

Hibernia Na Eir
15-12-2013, 04:39 PM
My favourite today was 'If it wasn't for the Hibees you'd be huns'

class!

Centre Hawf
15-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Its arguments like this that make me cringe about football now. No banter anymore. Just a pile of political correction gone mad. Add in the fact fans can abuse a player for 90 minutes but when he says something back its "Oh thats out of order i hope the sfa do something"

Remember when the fitbaw used to be fun?

Keith_M
15-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Its arguments like this that make me cringe about football now. No banter anymore. Just a pile of political correction gone mad. Add in the fact fans can abuse a player for 90 minutes but when he says something back its "Oh thats out of order i hope the sfa do something"

Thanks for your valuable input to the discussion, Mr Daily Mail Reader, but pray tell me....just what IS Political Correction?

:greengrin

Centre Hawf
15-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Thanks for your valuable input to the discussion, Mr Daily Mail Reader, but pray tell me....just what IS Political Correction?

:greengrin

It's all these asylum seekers and dole seekers I think. I'll tell you when the paper tells me who to hate tomorrow. :greengrin

Peevemor
15-12-2013, 06:43 PM
I remember it well.

As do I.

Hiber-nation
15-12-2013, 07:02 PM

It was definitely sung regularly in the 70s and not just at rangers games.

heretoday
15-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Hibs fans used to sing The Sash albeit to different lyrics. Nice tune actually!

ancient hibee
15-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Indeed, why do some fans take stuff like that so seriously, we are a football club, not a political institution.

:top marks

leither17
15-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Finally, thank you :thumbsup:

Am I the only one that thinks that's just a tad stupid?

Oh and my opinion on WATP, only ever when we're 3-0 up at Ibrox please.

But when has that ever happened??? That's like a one in a million year thing

AndyM_1875
15-12-2013, 07:59 PM

Chanting WATP at Rangers is such an obvious piss take, I don't think anyone should take it remotely seriously. But that's where it should stay.

And yes the Huns are utterly odious & having been on Glasgow trains when they were at home recently I'd say they're worse than ever as they've absorbed Celtc's "Victim" mentality. The bad news is they're coming back and will be polluting top flight grounds with their filth in August 2015.

I'm_cabbaged
15-12-2013, 08:05 PM
But when has that ever happened??? That's like a one in a million year thing

Eh?

leither17
15-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Eh?

Hibs being 3-0 up at ibrox

I'm_cabbaged
15-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Hibs being 3-0 up at ibrox

Seriously?

leither17
15-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Seriously?

has it ever happened like I would need proof like a youtube clip or something

I'm_cabbaged
15-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Woosh :) which one?

leither17
15-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Woosh :) which one?

think ill have mr Sproule please ha

Argylehibby
15-12-2013, 08:24 PM

No problem with "banter" but the balance is wrong these days. There are more songs aimed at winding up the supporters of the other team than there are supporting our own. The WATP song only properly winds up one set of supporters and they were not at Parkhead yesterday so why sing it?

On you other point about fans giving opposition players abuse then complaining when he retaliates I couldn't agree more.

I'm_cabbaged
15-12-2013, 08:26 PM
think ill have mr Sproule please ha

Nut, this is my favorite of the 3 https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=tBCuUrXtLMu70wWorYCgCA&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dx-ZZfEOzBPE&cd=1&ved=0CDAQuAIwAA&usg=AFQjCNFIlApaZdFLJEHVOfumnoOtvsANkA

Cannes do off the phone :(

basehibby
15-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Chanting WATP at Rangers is such an obvious piss take, I don't think anyone should take it remotely seriously. But that's where it should stay.

And yes the Huns are utterly odious & having been on Glasgow trains when they were at home recently I'd say they're worse than ever as they've absorbed Celtc's "Victim" mentality. The bad news is they're coming back and will be polluting top flight grounds with their filth in August 2015.

:agree: Chanting WATP at Hunbrox is funny and ironic - chanting it at Parkhead just makes us look like closet huns - not clever or funny just bloody stupid!

I'm_cabbaged
15-12-2013, 08:34 PM
:agree: Chanting WATP at Hunbrox is funny and ironic - chanting it at Parkhead just makes us look like closet huns - not clever or funny just bloody stupid!

Exactly.

nonshinyfinish
15-12-2013, 08:38 PM

Yep.

I'm all for winding up the opposing fans, but I don't accept the argument that any song is fair game as long as it winds them up. How about the Famine Song? They'd be raging...

Up The Bracket
15-12-2013, 08:50 PM
No problem with "banter" but the balance is wrong these days. There are more songs aimed at winding up the supporters of the other team than there are supporting our own. The WATP song only properly winds up one set of supporters and they were not at Parkhead yesterday so why sing it?

On you other point about fans giving opposition players abuse then complaining when he retaliates I couldn't agree more.

Clearly weren't at Parkhead yesterday then

Argylehibby
15-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Clearly weren't at Parkhead yesterday then

I was there yesterday and I was at Ibrox when we sang it when winning 3 nil. If you read my post it says "properly wind up" at that didn't happen yesterday. I'm not saying nobody took the bate but nowhere near the outrage we got at Ibrox, the only place (IMO) we should sing it.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Enough about the songs, were there any good flags on display yesterday??

nonshinyfinish
15-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Enough about the songs, were there any good flags on display yesterday??

I can only hope that someone remembered to bring a Red Hand of Ulster flag, for the wind-up, obviously.

djs69
16-12-2013, 12:15 AM
There was a Barcelona flag in our end....but that was totally out of order, and the fan who brought it should be banned for life....shame on you for bringing banter to a football match ;-)

lEXO
17-12-2013, 11:25 AM

I remember it well. That and burning union jacks to annoy the huns.

The_Horde
17-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Honestly don't know why people get on their high horse about songs sung at the football. Football fans wind up other football fans, get over it.

God Petrie
17-12-2013, 01:18 PM
We've chanted "We are the people" at every game in Glasgow for years. I've always taken it ironically. We are singing a highly controversial chant literally to highlight our disdain for both sets of support and get some amusement out of their reactions.

Backto my roots
17-12-2013, 01:35 PM

:top marks