PDA

View Full Version : Our 2nd half performance against Celtic

California-Hibs
14-12-2013, 04:01 PM
......was brilliant!

We never dropped our heads, stayed very tight at the back and had a good few chances to score! Desperately unlucky with Craig hitting the post and it just quite not falling perfectly to Cairney to tap in. The thing that impressed me most was that for long spells of that 2nd half we had Celtic on the back foot and worried, espeically the last 20. Really like the look of Cummings when he came on, hopefully we start to see apperances from him on a weekly basic.

Many positives to take from that display today!

Oh and lastly........C'MON INVERNESS!

brog
14-12-2013, 04:07 PM
......was brilliant!

We never dropped our heads, stayed very tight at the back and had a good few chances to score! Desperately unlucky with Craig hitting the post and it just quite not falling perfectly to Cairney to tap in. The thing that impressed me most was that for long spells of that 2nd half we had Celtic on the back foot and worried, espeically the last 20. Really like the look of Cummings when he came on, hopefully we start to see apperances from him on a weekly basic.

Good to hear, we had 9 attempts on goal which I think is 8 more than in our 3-0 defeat last time we were there.

weonlywon6-2
14-12-2013, 04:11 PM
......was brilliant!

Sorry you must be mistaken,we were awful according to some and no better than under fenlon.

Thanks for your update,shame we got nothing but pleased we put up a performance against easily the best team in the league

hibee_nation
14-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Fought right to the end, decent performance from us. Onwards and upwards. Off to watch the merricks get pumped on alba tv.
Pleasing as some site would say :brokenyam:

green day
14-12-2013, 04:17 PM
According to Lennon we were not very good "takes 2 teams to make a game" or some such. Seemed to miss the bit about his players diving etc. The mans a scrote.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Still far too many wasted balls out of defence for me, McGivern's distribution is terrible and we panicked every time time the ball came near the box rather than just keep a cool head and use the ball properly.

Having said that we were very unlucky not to get a goal.

Butcher still has major work to do IMO.

weonlywon6-2
14-12-2013, 04:21 PM
......was brilliant!

Sorry you must be mistaken,we were awful according to some and no better than under fenlon.

Thanks for your update,shame we got nothing but pleased we put up a performance against easily the best team in the league

Ozyhibby
14-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Good to hear. Can't remember our last league win. Need to turn things round soon or we will be bottom 6 again.

Golden Bear
14-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Good to hear. Can't remember our last league win. Need to turn things round soon or we will be bottom 6 again.

:agree:

Starting next week with the home fixture v St Johnstone.

SaulGoodman
14-12-2013, 04:35 PM
According to Lennon we were not very good "takes 2 teams to make a game" or some such. Seemed to miss the bit about his players diving etc. The mans a scrote.

Clearly not too happy that we didn't roll over and let the big boys score for fun like their last two domestic games.

Lennon is a ****er of the highest order.

Franck Stanton
14-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Good performance from us in second half, Williams only had one save to make from a shot from outside the box, Forster was the busier keeper as we soaked up all they could throw at us and hit them on the break on a number of occasions, there were times we had 3 against 2 and on one occasion had 4 v 2, only a case of a last-ditch block/tackle denied us, were unfortunate with the Craig shot that hit the post. All in all, stood up well and not disgraced by any means. Far more positives than negatives. TB still has a lot of work to do, but the signs are very much encouraging.

Andy74
14-12-2013, 04:55 PM
I thought second half was pretty good. We were better when Handling went off. Thought he was very poor again.

Keith_M
14-12-2013, 05:02 PM

Actually, each manager's record against Celtc this season does tend to support that theory....

------------ W - D - L
Fenlon ---- 0 - 1 - 0
Butcher --- 0 - 0 - 1

:duck:

B.H.F.C
14-12-2013, 05:03 PM
I thought second half was pretty good. We were better when Handling went off. Thought he was very poor again.

Agree about Handling. Didn't think he should have started after last week and was very poor again today. Gave the ball away to easily continually.

Northernhibee
14-12-2013, 05:21 PM

What a class free ****er.

ancient hibee
14-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Think the guy on BBC said Hibs never really threatened apart from when they hit the post!Would that not have given us a draw or is there some new ruling I know nothing about.

AndyM_1875
14-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Think the guy on BBC said Hibs never really threatened apart from when they hit the post!Would that not have given us a draw or is there some new ruling I know nothing about.

BBC Scotland football reporters or Pacific Quay CSC#1 as they're also known.
He was probably still wiping his tears away after Wednesdays result at Camp Nou.

Emerald
14-12-2013, 05:37 PM

Agree, and the Celtic goal came about because of a bad pass from him being intercepted that should have set up a good attack for us. He's only young though and hopefully can learn from these experiences. Cummings looks as if he could improve to be really good but only time will tell. The closing down and work rate was the best I've seen from a Hibs team in ages. So far so good.

Newcastlehibby
14-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Celtic were very much in control in the first half, without really threatening our goal. Forster had a good save towards the end of the first half but that was one of our very few attempts.
We were much better second half and actually played some decent attacking fitba', particularly after Handling went off. We most certainly did threaten the Celtic goal and Zoubir showed some nice control. The Celtic TV commentary team were acually quite complimentary about the performance of Nelson and Hanlon, though they were unable to see the blatant dive that got Lennon all steamed up when Izaguirre was correctly booked. There is hope!

B.H.F.C
14-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Agree, and the Celtic goal came about because of a bad pass from him being intercepted that should have set up a good attack for us. He's only young though and hopefully can learn from these experiences. Cummings looks as if he could improve to be really good but only time will tell. The closing down and work rate was the best I've seen from a Hibs team in ages. So far so good.

Thought Cummings looked decent when he came on. Looks pretty strong for his age and held the ball in better than Handling. Looks like he has a bit pace as well which we need

Heisenberg
14-12-2013, 05:47 PM

Think the Partick goal also came about that way. He's still got a lot to learn and I'm sure he'll be able to do that with the game time hes getting.

rcarter1
14-12-2013, 05:58 PM

Agree. Highly annoying individual. Utter tripe, but probably his default response to a poor Celtic performance against a domestic side - i.e. we are defensive and negative blah blah blah. Hibs are on the up, Celtic are bored senseless until the end of the season.

Famous Fiver
14-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Totally agree. The man is a no mark. As pointed out on another thread Barcelona's payroll is six times greater than Celtic's, who in turn pay six times what Hibs do. Never heard his 'it takes two to make game' comment after the embarrassing Alamo at the Nou Camp last year. Total and utter bellend. We were all over them second half today. Champions League, you're having a laugh!!!!!

Sir David Gray
14-12-2013, 10:10 PM
:agree:

Starting next week with the home fixture v St Johnstone.

Massive game for us now.

They are the only top six team that is within reach of us at the moment and if we lose next week, they'll go 7 points clear of us.

Pretty Boy
14-12-2013, 10:21 PM
2nd half was as good as we have played for a whole 45 minutes in a long time.

Very unlucky not to take something from the game.

weonlywon6-2
14-12-2013, 10:22 PM

I think Handling was taken of as he had to travel to london to appear on the xfactor,he is part of jedward right??

.Sean.
15-12-2013, 03:49 AM
Really liked the look of Cummings when he came on. In your face and pacey, reminded me of a young GOC. He's raw but there's a player there.

Weir7
15-12-2013, 07:01 AM
Agree. Highly annoying individual. Utter tripe, but probably his default response to a poor Celtic performance against a domestic side - i.e. we are defensive and negative blah blah blah. Hibs are on the up, Celtic are bored senseless until the end of the season.

Spot on.

Also, his reaction when the soap dodger dived and got booked. He threw off his jacket to the ground and jumped about like a 2 year old.

Didn't say much about Tic trying to make a game off it against barca.

Weir7
15-12-2013, 07:06 AM
Yip a bit of luck when criag shot came of post or a wee bit more belief we defo could have got something from game.

Agree re Handling just doesn't do it for me.He couldn't hold on to ball. Brown kept taking it off him far too easily.

Would like to see Cummings get a run.

cad
15-12-2013, 08:46 AM
FWIW I thought Hibs did well yesterday held their own should have taken a point if Im honest ,weather was a big factor.

A few things I did notice on the TV is we lack composure in so many places on the park guys working hard closing players down winning the ball only to see it given away cheaply ,we nearly scored yesterday 4 or 5 in their box honest I was well chuffed with The Cabbage yesterday, we didn't get the result but we are going in the right direction

Brought 2 pacey guys on ,would have like to have seen them get more of the ball, Big Ben was fine a lot off good performancies Neilson , Robertson and a few others a couple who if there passing was a lot better I would have been raving about , 2 guys huge energy levels and guile only passing 10 yards was beyond them .but it was a crappy day.

Lastly a couple who I wont mention who I think just don't help Hibs or themselves ,they weaken our defence , constantly loose with their distribution ,constantly humping it anywhere , invariably back to the opposition which starts another attack ,their concentration levels are zip ,maybe they just need a bit more coaching on how to defend competently from Terry and Mo , but IMHO they do nothing for us and cause us endless problems that we don't need ,its just not this game theres been many and it must come to a head sooner or later ,all in all pretty positive from Hibs a point would have been great we just didn't sneak one .

H18sry
15-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Celtic were very much in control in the first half, without really threatening our goal. Forster had a good save towards the end of the first half but that was one of our very few attempts.
We were much better second half and actually played some decent attacking fitba', particularly after Handling went off. We most certainly did threaten the Celtic goal and Zoubir showed some nice control. The Celtic TV commentary team were acually quite complimentary about the performance of Nelson and Hanlon, though they were unable to see the blatant dive that got Lennon all steamed up when Izaguirre was correctly booked. There is hope!

I thought they were as biased as they come, all the went on about was Forster not getting booked, and it was a blatant penalty when Izzaguirre dived according to them.

H18sry
15-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Celtic boss Neil Lennon apologised to referee Bobby Madden after protesting a yellow card given to Emilio Izaguirre for diving in the penalty box.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25389846

GreenCastle
15-12-2013, 11:18 AM
Cummings does look exciting - looks direct and has speed and his record lower down shows he can score goals.

Hopefully he will break through as along with Harris and Heff when he returns we will have better attacking options.