PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Celtic 1 vs Hibernian 0

Pages : 1 [2]

cabbageandribs1875
14-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Doncaster 0 Mighty Leeds 3 Ross McCormack on the scoresheet again, get in

cad
14-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Composure would have seen us take a least a point ,we were just as good if not better than them in the 2nd half

fatbloke
14-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Decent performance but wish we had played the way we played in the second half from the start. Might have been Celtic tiring but we did look to play the ball far more as the game wore on.

Most accurate post of the day. They were there for the taking in the last 15. WTF happened in the previous 75? Celtic are poor no wonder that wee team beat them 6-1.

Vault Boy
14-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Probably deserved a point after that second half, just for the numbers we were pushing forward and the couple of decent chances that we missed. The subs made a bit of a difference, Thomson was class in the 5 minutes he was on the pitch and Zoubir caused problems in his fairly short spell too. Cummings made a few good runs and instigated one good piece of play with a clever turn, but he didn't have much to work with. The hard graft is there, just need some of the craft, but we already know that well enough.

cabbageandribs1875
14-12-2013, 03:58 PM
no bookings at least

Emerald
14-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Looked a much more organised performance today, defended well first half but conceded a goal that could have been prevented. Second half we were better than Celtic and should have had an equaliser. Closed them down all over the park and put pressure on them towards the end as it was Celtic who were hanging on at the end. Although we got beat you feel that this manager is streets ahead with his tactics, so hard lines today but it was a good performance with the limited options TB has.

SteveHFC
14-12-2013, 04:00 PM
I won't be starting match threads again :-(

GreenCastle
14-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Very decent 2nd half performance.

Can't help feel if we had the confidence to have played like that in the 1st we might have got something.

Plenty positives to take again though.

I think the confidence and belief is something that may come over time - when we had Mowbray the players used to play like that from the start.

These players are being told to keep it tight then as we get to half time and the game opens up - go for it more and be more risky.

We all want to see a more attacking Hibs and sure we will but today was always going to be difficult - so a 1v0 battling loss could have been much worse.

The key over the next few weeks is to win next week and bring in a couple fresh players in January - get Harris back fit - beat the yams on the 2nd and take it from there. I do believe Butcher has made a positive impact though :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
14-12-2013, 04:02 PM
I won't be starting match threads again :-(

you're allowed a small blip, just don't let it happen again

:)

jst1875
14-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Anyone else watching the stream with the celtic commentators?

They're making my skin crawl

yep.... cant believe the comment they made that the 4th official should report the ref for booking sammyerse

Emerald
14-12-2013, 04:10 PM
yep.... cant believe the comment they made that the 4th official should report the ref for booking sammyerse

The worst comment made was about McGivern, it went something like "you can't mistake McGivern with the bleached hair, a bad look at any time". WTF

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Thought we deserved a point today, the smellies huffed and puffed but Williams did not have much to do all day, and we probably shaded it on chances.

And i'd say Forster did ok at right back, yes he got beaten a couple of times but so did McGivern, and so did most of the rest of them.

We were playing the best team in scotland today, one who spanked our neighbours 7-0 only a week or so, they never looked like repeating that today, we competed well all over the park especially in the 2nd half.

I'm slightly disappointed we did not take something from today.

cabbageandribs1875
14-12-2013, 04:13 PM
i hope sellick score 7 next sat

theonlywayisup
14-12-2013, 04:16 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25275639

Celtic began the process of erasing the disappointment of their Champions League humbling by Barcelona with another domestic victory.
It was a much less emphatic win than their last two in the league, but on balance a deserved one.
The only goal came from Teemu Pukki, one of the players who had looked most out of his depth in Camp Nou.
Hibs were always in the match, but the closest they came to an equaliser was a Liam Craig effort that hit the post.
The result maintains Celtic's unbeaten domestic run this season and keeps their seemingly inevitable title defence on course.
The goal that secured another three points for the champions was impressively executed.
Scott Brown, looking like a player with something to prove, picked out an excellent pass to find Joe Ledley inside the penalty area and the Welshman's first-time cross was cutely turned into the net by Pukki.
Though Celtic dominated in terms of chances created, Hibs passed up a glorious one to equalise.
Craig found time and space inside Celtic's penalty area and though he might consider himself unfortunate to see his shot come off the inside of the post, Paul Cairney really should have bundled the rebound over the line and only he will know how he failed to do so.
Both sides had taken some time to settle, understandable given the conditions.
Pukki's strike was really the first test of Ben Williams, who subsequently had to produce a fabulous save to keep the deficit at just one, sprawling high to his right to push Anthony Stokes's powerful left-foot drive away.
If that was outstanding from Williams, his next intervention was bizarre and almost very costly as he misjudged a ball fizzed in from the left by Ledley and the keeper could consider himself fortunate to see it come off his heel and head behind.
Hibs' only shot on target in that first period came in its final moments, but it might have brought them the equaliser were it not for Fraser Forster getting down low to tip Scott Robertson's drive away.
The visitors created another terrific opening within seconds of the restart, but Danny Handling's composure deserted him with only Forster to beat and the striker blazed over the bar.
If the first half had been short on chances, the second was very different.
The opportunities fell principally to Neil Lennon's side, with Brown and Commons both having shots saved early in the half, but a right-foot effort from outside the box by Craig flew just wide to send a warning across the Celtic defence's bows.
Still, Celtic looked the more likely to score again and Stokes almost rounded off a fabulous passing move when his shot was deflected, but Williams reacted well to keep it out, as he did with another Commons effort shortly afterwards.

I'm_cabbaged
14-12-2013, 04:21 PM

Celtic began the process of erasing the disappointment of their Champions League humbling by Barcelona with another domestic victory.
It was a much less emphatic win than their last two in the league, but on balance a deserved one.
The only goal came from Teemu Pukki, one of the players who had looked most out of his depth in Camp Nou.
Hibs were always in the match, but the closest they came to an equaliser was a Liam Craig effort that hit the post.
The result maintains Celtic's unbeaten domestic run this season and keeps their seemingly inevitable title defence on course.
The goal that secured another three points for the champions was impressively executed.
Scott Brown, looking like a player with something to prove, picked out an excellent pass to find Joe Ledley inside the penalty area and the Welshman's first-time cross was cutely turned into the net by Pukki.
Though Celtic dominated in terms of chances created, Hibs passed up a glorious one to equalise.
Craig found time and space inside Celtic's penalty area and though he might consider himself unfortunate to see his shot come off the inside of the post, Paul Cairney really should have bundled the rebound over the line and only he will know how he failed to do so.
Pukki's strike was really the first test of Ben Williams, who subsequently had to produce a fabulous save to keep the deficit at just one, sprawling high to his right to push Anthony Stokes's powerful left-foot drive away.
If that was outstanding from Williams, his next intervention was bizarre and almost very costly as he misjudged a ball fizzed in from the left by Ledley and the keeper could consider himself fortunate to see it come off his heel and head behind.
Hibs' only shot on target in that first period came in its final moments, but it might have brought them the equaliser were it not for Fraser Forster getting down low to tip Scott Robertson's drive away.
The visitors created another terrific opening within seconds of the restart, but Danny Handling's composure deserted him with only Forster to beat and the striker blazed over the bar.
The opportunities fell principally to Neil Lennon's side, with Brown and Commons both having shots saved early in the half, but a right-foot effort from outside the box by Craig flew just wide to send a warning across the Celtic defence's bows.
Still, Celtic looked the more likely to score again and Stokes almost rounded off a fabulous passing move when his shot was deflected, but Williams reacted well to keep it out, as he did with another Commons effort shortly afterwards.

****ing incredible report, not even a mention of hitting the post!!!

Oops, must do better!!

Elephant Stone
14-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Unlucky not to have scored there. God knows how it never went in after Craig hit the post. Handling should have done better when he was through on goal, his touch is really heavy at times.

The Green Goblin
14-12-2013, 04:23 PM
The worst comment made was about McGivern, it went something like "you can't mistake McGivern with the bleached hair, a bad look at any time". WTF

The one that really made me shake my head was "ah well, but celtic don't get penalty kicks, do they?"

Roasters

Mon Dieu4
14-12-2013, 04:23 PM

Read it again Haha

theonlywayisup
14-12-2013, 04:25 PM

I assume reading is not your strong point!

The Green Goblin
14-12-2013, 04:25 PM

It's not a good report, certainly not the game I saw, but they do mention us hitting the post on two separate occasions.

Keith_M
14-12-2013, 04:26 PM
So, four games into Butcher's reign and we're still Hibinaryan.

Scores so far....

Jack Hackett
14-12-2013, 04:29 PM

Scores so far....

Shurely shome mishtake mish moneypenny....that adds up to 45 :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
14-12-2013, 04:29 PM

Scores so far....

1 win, 1 defeat and 10 draws so far under Butcher.

cabbageandribs1875
14-12-2013, 04:30 PM
BBC Alba 5:30pm cheats v inverness caley Mmmmm will i watch :hmmm:

I'm_cabbaged
14-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Read it again Haha

I assume reading is not your strong point!

It's not a good report, certainly not the game I saw, but they do mention us hitting the post on two separate occasions.

Just took a glance from Robertson's shot in the first half, fanny :greengrin

SaulGoodman

Cracking report from BBC Glasgow.

Hopefully the report from BBC Edinburgh is a little more fair :duck:

Keith_M
1 win, 1 defeat and 10 draws so far under Butcher.

Correct :greengrin

The Green Goblin
14-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Just took a glance from Robertson's shot in the first half, fanny :greengrin

:greengrin

Keith_M
14-12-2013, 05:13 PM
"Billy McKay took his goals tally to 15 for the season as he fired Inverness Caledonian Thistle to a win against Hearts at rain-lashed Tynecastle." (BBC)

Given our current goal scoring (or lack of) form, is anybody else wishing the same as me?

Mikey
14-12-2013, 05:14 PM
"Billy McKay took his goals tally to 15 for the season as he fired Inverness Caledonian Thistle to a win against Hearts at rain-lashed Tynecastle." (BBC)

Given our current goal scoring (or lack of) form, is anybody else wishing the same as me?

What's that got to do with Kylie Minogue? :dunno:

Leishy1995
14-12-2013, 05:15 PM

Are you hoping we tie up Lewandowski on a pre contract aswell?

theonlywayisup
14-12-2013, 05:18 PM
What's that got to do with Kylie Minogue? :dunno:

Showing your age now, Mikey!!!

cabbageandribs1875
14-12-2013, 06:18 PM
currently 2-0 for caley at the asbestos arena, hopefully they can hold on

:)

greenpaper55
14-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Thought we were a different proposition today, the strange thing is we were better when we went a goal down and had to chase the game, Celtic had the usual pressure and balls flashing across the goal but we were no pushovers and you could see we had a plan. The players worked their socks off and lets hope we can build on this and start to win some home games-onward and upwards.

erin go bragh
14-12-2013, 09:16 PM

Scores so far....

No bad form ? If we were a race horse .8->

Ggtth

Andy74
14-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Thought we were a different proposition today, the strange thing is we were better when we went a goal down and had to chase the game, Celtic had the usual pressure and balls flashing across the goal but we were no pushovers and you could see we had a plan. The players worked their socks off and lets hope we can build on this and start to win some home games-onward and upwards.

A different proposition from when we were a few minutes from beating them the last time? A game in which we had a plan and were no pushovers.

greenpaper55
14-12-2013, 09:38 PM
A different proposition from when we were a few minutes from beating them the last time? A game in which we had a plan and were no pushovers.

Aye thats the spirit, bring back PF !.

hibs0666
14-12-2013, 09:48 PM
What's your point, if any?

Andy74
14-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Aye thats the spirit, bring back PF !.

I didn't say that. You were the one mentioning a different proposition. Was wondering what you meant.

Andy74
14-12-2013, 09:51 PM
What's your point, if any?

Read both posts. Should be obvious really.

Callum_62
14-12-2013, 09:51 PM

Jeezo, give it a break...I was actually a Fenlon fan but im enjoying watching Hibs much more since Butcher came in

1st half was a usual performance under us from Fenlon....that would usually last 90 minutes

At least we actually look a threat these days

Andy74
14-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Jeezo, give it a break...I was actually a Fenlon fan but im enjoying watching Hibs much more since Butcher came in

1st half was a usual performance under us from Fenlon....that would usually last 90 minutes

At least we actually look a threat these days

I haven't mentioned Fenlon. Everyone else seems to still give him stick though so that seems fine. Should no one mention him or anything about how we used to play? If not then shut it.

My point was about the suggestion that it was a different Hibs. We did a fairly decent job the last game was my comment.

IWasThere2016
14-12-2013, 11:52 PM
TB's doing better than PF - but only if you want to see it that way.

The Green Goblin
15-12-2013, 01:54 AM
I haven't mentioned Fenlon. Everyone else seems to still give him stick though so that seems fine. Should no one mention him or anything about how we used to play? If not then shut it.

My point was about the suggestion that it was a different Hibs. We did a fairly decent job the last game was my comment.

We did play well against Celtic last time, yes. But performances like that were very much the exception rather than the rule, which is why we find ourselves with a new manager.