PDA

View Full Version : Interesting read from the Herald. Spiers meets Cropley

Godsahibby
14-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Great read in today's Herald.

"We passed Celtic off the park that day," Cropley remembers. "My God, the skill we had in that Hibs team. We won 2-1 with Celtic getting a late consolation goal through Kenny Dalglish. We were miles better, there was no way we were going to lose."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/arriving-at-arsenal-from-hibs-i-felt-like-id-joined-a-team-of-lesser-ability.22958489

Keith_M
14-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Thanks for sharing that.

:thumbsup:

Franck Stanton
14-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Truly gifted player, remember him well, wish we had someone of that calibre in the team just now.

ano hibby
14-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Good read hadn't realised his career cut so short by injury.

WindyMiller
14-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Truly gifted player, remember him well, wish we had someone of that calibre in the team just now.

:agree:

He was one of the first to go.

He'd be off even sooner under Bosman rules, but we might get more to spend.

Alfred E Newman
14-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Spiers is right about the early 70's. what a fantastic time to watch football. When the younger element in our support are critical of of us old codgers and our lack of patience with some of the poor entertainment on offer they have to understand our frustration having had the privilege of following the Hibs during that golden era.
I can only hope that our younger supporters will get at least a taste of some better times in the future.

Jonnyboy
14-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Spiers is right about the early 70's. what a fantastic time to watch football. When the younger element in our support are critical of of us old codgers and our lack of patience with some of the poor entertainment on offer they have to understand our frustration having had the privilege of following the Hibs during that golden era.
I can only hope that our younger supporters will get at least a taste of some better times in the future.

This.

Not long finished reading 'Crops' which is well worth reading

Hibiza
15-12-2013, 03:31 PM
"sodger" crops. diff class.

PatHead
15-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Great read. For you younger netters imagine saying something like this now

""I'll say this about that Arsenal team of 74-75 . . . arriving from Hibs I felt I had joined a lesser team in terms of ability. There was no doubt in my mind the Hibs side I had just left was better."

gorgie greens
16-12-2013, 12:09 AM
great read as saaid before,go to the bottom of the page and there are more stories about Hibs,great read about Pat Stanton as well.

ELHibee
16-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Graham will have an interview with TB in The Times over the festive period. Can't be more exact but he was at EM last Tuesday.

ancient hibee
16-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Great read in today's Herald.

"We passed Celtic off the park that day," Cropley remembers. "My God, the skill we had in that Hibs team. We won 2-1 with Celtic getting a late consolation goal through Kenny Dalglish. We were miles better, there was no way we were going to lose."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/arriving-at-arsenal-from-hibs-i-felt-like-id-joined-a-team-of-lesser-ability.22958489

The great thing about that final was at the start seeing Stein had switched Johnstone to try and keep Brownlie occupied and I realised that they were apprehensive about us-it was a terrific feeling.