PDA

View Full Version : Easter Road Pitch Report

spike220
13-12-2013, 02:19 AM
How is the pitch holding up? It looked quite good on TV last Saturday, but that can be deceptive. I know this has been an issue in the past, so I was just wondering how our turf performing so far this season?

Pete
13-12-2013, 06:25 AM
The north side looks fine. When I'm at ground level I look at the grass and wish for something like that on my lawn. Thick and lush and there's no bare patches.

Over to the guys in the south and central sections.

Ronniekirk
13-12-2013, 07:56 AM
The north side looks fine. When I'm at ground level I look at the grass and wish for something like that on my lawn. Thick and lush and there's no bare patches.

Thick and lush with no bare patches wish I could say the same for my heid but back to the pitch. it does look in fine fettle the noo but it's into February after we have had some snow and frost that it starts to become alarmingly threadbare and large brow patches appear in six yard box . so let's wait and see .There was talk of drainage problems after new east stand was built and then when you build these monstrosities they cast bigger shadows on the pitch and the grass doesn't get as Mutch sunshine in certain areas and doesn't then grow as quick in spring Over to someone else the Mow the Merrier for this thread

spike220
13-12-2013, 07:57 AM

Well done to the club! I recall a while back a few people being a bit upset at the state of the pitch so that is a real turnaround, I think they relayed it a while ago and it has obviously taken well. I think there is still a lot of winter to go so we shall see how it holds up.

Ronniekirk
13-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Well done to the club! I recall a while back a few people being a bit upset at the state of the pitch so that is a real turnaround, I think they relayed it a while ago and it has obviously taken well. I think there is still a lot of winter to go so we shall see how it holds up.
But remember theGrass is always Greener on the other side

Viva_Palmeiras
13-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Better than Murrayfield (what a joke!) - pass the garlic ;)

Ronniekirk
13-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Better than Murrayfield (what a joke!) - pass the garlic ;)
Is that a veiled reference to the rugby tackles we were putting in against Celtic

Viva_Palmeiras
13-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Is that a veiled reference to the rugby tackles we were putting in against Celtic

Hehe no I was astounded how bad Murrayfield cut up in the autumn tests massive clumps gouged out at a time in various parts of the pitch.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2013, 08:52 AM
It looked in terrific condition on Saturday, and much better than in recent years where in all honesty it had been quite shocking.

Well done Deek for pointing that out. :thumbsup:

The Gorf
13-12-2013, 09:01 AM
I remember a few years back when Deeks got disciplined by the club for stating on TV the pitch was bad. I can remember you could almost count the number of blades of grass on both hands. Can't remember what year it was though.

Billy Whizz
13-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Too be fair, most of the parks around the country are in great nick. Even Ross County, which was a disaster last season, was looking like a bowling green 2 weeks ago. A good summer and a mild winter has meant that the under soil heating, which can kill the grass, has rarely been on.

MB62
13-12-2013, 10:29 AM
I remember a few years back when Deeks got disciplined by the club for stating on TV the pitch was bad. I can remember you could almost count the number of blades of grass on both hands. Can't remember what year it was though.

Aye Rod fined Deeks for simply stating facts. What was the point in the Yams winning two world wars for us then dictators like the Tache hammer you for speaking your mind :greengrin

BTW, Pitch is looking great and all credit to everyone involved, although as Billy Whiz said, the mild weather will have played its part too.

franco
13-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Pitch will be fine as long as they keep the rock concerts off of it

angus hibee
13-12-2013, 04:41 PM
The pitch should last better this season as the players have obviously been told to protect it by keeping the ball off the grass as much as possible.:greengrin

Bishop Hibee
13-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Pitch will be fine as long as they keep the rock concerts off of it

The Elton John concert a few years ago now ruined it. Great to see it back in excellent condition.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2013, 10:24 PM
The Elton John concert a few years ago now ruined it. Great to see it back in excellent condition.

It was a hell of a 'sacrifice' for the small amount of money we made.

weonlywon6-2
13-12-2013, 10:26 PM

Doubt it,did you see any of the rugby recently,pitch was churning up so easily and they had to move scrums because of it

Viva_Palmeiras
13-12-2013, 10:27 PM
It was a hell of a 'sacrifice' for the small amount of money we made.

And sorry is the hardest word.

Forza Fred
13-12-2013, 11:45 PM
The pitch should last better this season as the players have obviously been told to protect it by keeping the ball off the grass as much as possible.:greengrin

:greengrin

Golden Bear
13-12-2013, 11:52 PM

I would have thought that the amount of manure which has been played on the pitch in recent seasons has contributed to the quality of the grass.

spike220
14-12-2013, 05:11 AM
Elton John must be a Jambo

Ronniekirk
14-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Elton John must be a Jambo
His guitar player with the long blonde hair is a hibbie that's why they wanted to play at Easter road .